1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by yrsillar, Nov 27, 2014.

1. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

Yeah, I had updated my build for 7 = 7 points (6+1) and then saw the correction. So back to my original build hah.

2. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Yeah, Im going to go with the more powerhouse oriented build.

We'd basically be a Boss killer, but we'll definitely need a partner.... Plucky kid adventurer GO!!! Determinator tank.

3. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

[X] Elementalist
    -[X] Ice

Stay frosty. Ice is Nice.

[X] Stats
    Strength: 3
    Agility: 3
    Constitution: 5
    Power: 7
    Will: 7
    Perception: 5
    Charisma: 3

Start with 21 points to buff everything to four across the board, then increase the Wizardly high points, then alter the rest for slight benefits in a couple of stats and raising the other wizard stat to 7 in exchange for slight penalties in a few others. We shouldn't be doing the heavy lifting anyway, though the social penalty might sting a bit.

Very focused on casting spells, but we shouldn't be entirely crippled in any other stat.

tenchifew likes this.
  4. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

[X] Chibi-Reaper

To have so many stays at one like the other builds have may prove to be crippling.

5. Xicree

Or we get a party member and act as their boss slaying damage.

The thing about generalization is the while you aren't generally BAD at anything... you also aren't Specifically GOOD at anything else.

On the other hand in this specific case a control mage needs the extra stats. It's less that 'one build will screw you over over the others' and more that 'each of these build will have unique focuses. Sure Ice build will let us quest alone more effectively... but Combat mage build means we'll be able to KILL anything that threaten our group more effectively.

Neither crippling since they have their own niche. But combat mage is potentially more rewarding... AND its also boosted by our starting perks. If we go killy we'll be Killy as FUCK.

6. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Eh. I just feel that the 1 str is kinda gaming the system since her personality is the type to charge in etc

Edit: oops. Forgot.

[X] Chibi

7. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

I am wary about leaving any stats below 3. We saw how we could barely walk with our stats at 1, so i'd prefer to put everything at the minimum of 3.

It seems that 'Fire' is either the most partner-depends of the three Mage builds, or good for 'gish' builds. That could be interesting though i don't know if people want to play either.

Currently i would go with:
    [X] Chibi-Reaper

However, if a lightning/fire build that has some higher STR/AGI are available i could change.

8. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

[X] Elementalist
    -[X] Lightning

[1] Strength
    [3] Agility
    [3] Constitution

[9] Power
    [7] Will
    [7] Perception
    [3] Charisma

Need Agility to hit anything with a ranged attack.This is enough to not suffer any penalties, as well as not leave us a complete social retard/unperceptive

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  9. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

We already have 1 in all stats, so you have 67 more points to allocate.

GiftofLove and Xicree like this.
  10. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

11. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Oh, fuck it, i am switching to:
    [1] Str
    [2] Agl
    [3] Con
    [9] Power
    [6] Will
    [7] Perception
    [3] Charisma

This pretty much mean we won't be able to have any loot whatsoever before we get a magical pouch, it means that going for any kind of gish build is impossible and it means we won't be able to do any kind of survability if we can't kill enemies fast....

OTOH, it also means we have a fucking high power and some really good perception. I also like having low charisma, as it will really put some real limitations on character interactions we don't usually have.

Just a tad worried that AGI is needed for targetting spells.

12. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

I REALLY think people should be thinking more in terms of Will over Power.

Being able to hit hard is great... except the system has an SP component: We're limited by how much SP we have, and low SP equals low DPS.

Being able to shoot 1 shot that deals 9 damage is worse than being able to shoot 3 that deals 4.

13. a2znut

a2znut Needs more handholding. [Forever DM]

[X]Warrior
    -[X]Spear Warrior: Defensive Option, Lower damage for increased defenses.

[7] Str
    [6] Agl
    [7] Con
    [1] Power
    [1] Will
    [6] Perception
    [4] Charisma

Kinda tired of all these magical stuff, wanna smash face and provoke mobs for once. Instead of conspiring on minionz and how to get them to take down enemies while standing way way way back out of danger... Kinda want to try the roll of up front and personal and trying to keep squishies alive.

14. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Not really. That's true for a CC build (like the Ice Build), but for a lightning Build you want to hit hard and fast, so being able to kill someone in one hit is much better than killing them in 2 even if you can hit a third time.

Are their that many mages build going around? I see a shit ton of rogue builds, but not many mage ones.

15. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

That's true if you are capable of one-shotting something. We also don't know how much SP a Lightning spell would cost, and if you're working in a party you don't want your mage to only have one shot against a group of enemy either...

I thought you couldn't pick non-mage due to the background.

16. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

You can pick a non mage build. You just don't benefit from one of your background traits. At least not right way. Also gonna leave this open for another... say two hours then post.

Being Branded means you can learn skills you never touched before just be taking the right Job, its one of the advantages.

17. ward201

ward201 he/him

[X] Chibi-Reaper

18. Xicree

According to Yrs

Inshort we come preloaded with 2 skills. One for awesome perception and the other for making our spells more badass at what ever their purpose is.

Yrs also mentioned that we don't get Stat ups that often, which means that having powerful stats would actually be something kinda awesome in and of itself, and finding companions would likely be easier if we filled a specific niche well. For the lightning Build that would be 'Boss killing', for the Ice build that would be 'Crowd Control'

SP will likely be regain-able though items. Lightning build would likely need to stock up on them... but lightning build also likely makes ALOT of money from being able to go for Big kills, and High perception would likely improve that even further with potential drops and finds.

High Charisma would likely be awesome on Bard and leader builds, gathering and directing allies, and probably giving bonuses though said direction. But in and of itself being able to Drop the Lightning would essentially transform how a group is able to survive combat with high end encounters.

19. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

The biggest problem I see with the High Power Low Will build is that we'd be completely useless outside of a boss fight - and then we'd only have like 1 shot on it and we're done.

That's not the kind of team-mate you want cause then they'd be practically dead-weight in any other situation.

20. Xicree

Well yes, which is why we dont have low will (6 will) and will be looking to grab mana pots every chance we can.

Al will be a pot junkie.

21. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Plan X for Xicree

22. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Chibi Reaper's vote is the winner.

You reach out in your mind, unsure if your body is even following your motions in the strange nothing-place this choice came to you in. You select first Elementalist, and then the Ice sub option. In the end damage is great, but you would rather be able to slow or freeze enemies entirely. They can’t fight back if they can’t swing their weapons, right?

Artic power flows through your veins, its uncomfortable and chilly at first, but soon the cold becomes as comforting as warmth once was. You can contemplate that later though, as you allocate your stat points. Already you can feel strength and vitality returning to your body. You only put enough into strength and agility to feel as physically strong and balanced as you did before. Which is admittedly a little below average. You feel healthier than ever as you push constitution to five though, your fatigue from your early morning walk fading away to nothing.

A few points go to Charisma… you’ve never been to great at talking your way into things, being more likely to apologize afterword than ask permission. Perception gets a few more and you can feel the world coming into focus as never before. You’ll be able to discover so many things! The rest goes into your power and will, and you can practically feel the new magical might thrumming through your veins, even as your resolve and will become steel.

You blink as the world comes back into view, finding yourself kneeling in the middle of a circle of frost before the statues of the Goddesses, your hands now holding a crude wooden staff, you can feel a bit of magic in it… but then you get distracted by the explosion of silver panes exploding into view covered in the mystic script.

The first reads simply.

Congatulations on beginning your adventure [Alice]! You have selected [Ice Elementalist] as your starting class. As a Beginner you are Rank E, but you will soon grow in power. Venture forth and conquer your foes!

The mystic script is always a little weird you think, it’s almost like it refers to your life as some kind of children’s game, but you suppose to the gods it kind of is. Anyway, second window.

You have gained the Following Skills

Ice Magic: E

-Stay Frosty! Your skill is still minimal, but your foes won’t care for the frostbite regardless.

--Frost Spray: Mid Range targets up enemies in a ninety degree arc. Low Damage. Slows targets. Small chance of freeze. 3 SP per use

--Chill Aura: Deals a tiny amount of ice damage and slows enemies in melee range with you. 5 SP Lasts for one full [room]

Staves: E

-Its more than a walking stick! With a staff equipped the range and power of your spells is increased…. A little.

Since you have no active skills these have been equipped automatically for you. If you wish to change skills open your [Character Menu]. Remember Skills and Jobs can only be changed in town!

You glance at the stick… no staff in your hand, you guess that explains the next window.

You have been granted starting equipment for your class! Use it well.

[Crude Staff] It’s not just a tree branch with the bark stripped off. It’s been enchanted as well… sort of. Good enough for a beginner. Value ? ?

[Common Robe] Slightly better than being naked. Slightly. When equipped gives a small bonus to SP. Value ? ?

You glance down at yourself, and indeed you are wearing a kind of ratty robe in blue and and white colors. It’s not terrible, but your glad you have normal clothes under it, or you suspect the cloth would be horribly itchy.

The last window just tells you that your stat changes have raised your maximum health and SP. You are pulled from your distraction shortly after by the sound of a man clearing his throat. You blink and scramble to your feet, how long were you kneeling there!

“No more than ten minutes or so, I assure you.” Archbishop Grant answers, making you wonder if he can read your thoughts again, “Many are a little disoriented after receiving their first job, think nothing of it.”

“Right, I guess I did forget where I was reading through all of those windows.” You begin sheepishly, “Is there anything else I need to do? None of the books I checked out said anything about branded rituals.”

“Not for the moment.” He responds patiently, he holds out his hand though and a number of items shimmer into existence in his palm. Ah, is this the [inventory] system in action? How interesting, “Do take these as well, this is the rest of the novice’s stipend, and I suspect you will find it useful.”

You fumble a bit, but accept the proffered items. One is simply a small coin pouch you instantly register as containing fifty gilder, does this mean you never need to count money again? Anyway, the others are more interesting.

2 [Potion] Heals twenty five Health on consumption. Value ? ?

1 [Amrita] Restores 15 SP on Consumption. Value ? ?

1 [Escape Orb] Allows a party to leave a dungeon automatically on consumption. Value ? ?

“If you would have an old man’s advice, I would suggest that you always have an escape orb with you when adventuring. Without such an item you will only be able to leave a dungeon once you have completed its conditions, and many have died due to entering such places unprepared. I would hate to see a polite young lady such as yourself cut down because you lacked the resources to finish what you began.” The Archbishops oddly soothing voice washes over you as you inspect the items, allowing them to vanish one at a time into your inventory.

You nod, that seems sensible… but you might not always heed it, from what you recall of item shops which sell branded items Escape Orbs are EXPENSIVE. “Thanks, Ah, do you have any other advice for a beginner?” You are practically bouncing on the balls of your feet, you want to go out and conquer a dungeon, discover new things and put the thrumming magic in your veins to good use! It would be silly not to at least ask if someone as old as Archbishop Grant has advice though, old branded are usually world wise ones after all.

“Well, I would advise that you remember that only food and rest taken within the bounds of an [Inn] can truly restore you anymore.” He smiles, this time a bit sadly, “It is a fact of our existence as blessed ones that normal food and drink simply no longer sustain us. Other than that… do not adventure alone unless you are very sure of what you are doing, even having a single other person to watch your back greatly increases your chance of survival. Lastly know your limits, pushing yourself to reach a difficult goal can be rewarding, but pushing to far will result in death. Most other things I could tell you are lessons best learned in the doing.”

You had heard about that, but were never sure if it was true or branded just being aloof. You guess that’s why they have their own places to eat, drink and sleep. You… well to be honest you probably do want to pick up a partner at least at first, even if it means splitting the loot. The last… well you don’t exactly dismiss his advise, but you know your limits alright, and they are nowhere in sight! Especially with your newly increased will and confidence you doubt you’ll be backing down anytime soon. “Thank you Archbishop! Next time I see you, I’ll have some rare job crystals to unlock I’m sure!” You nod decisively.

He chuckles, “Perhaps you will, do not forget to seek the blessings of the Gods once you have more gilder, they can be quite a boon when adventuring.”

You aren’t sure you want to spend money on nebulous blessings when there are so many other things to do, but once you have a mountain of gilder to rest on, why not. You say your goodbyes and leave the temple for now, spending a little time to mess with your character sheet and make it only display your preferred name of Al, since you can change that now. Alice is just so girly, you know? You catch your reflection in a window as you pass though and pause… Huh, the tips of your green hair have turned white, a side effect of your job?

Well you have a few things you could do now….

[] Screw it! You’re sure you can handle a dungeon yourself. Leave the city and take on the first one you can find.

[] Go find the Drunken Goblin. You checked around before coming, and it seems to be a low rank [Inn] that caters to new Branded, you can find a partner there.

[]No, You’re sure you can convince a higher level branded to take you under their wing! Go to the Dancing Dragon. A Mid rank [Inn] and find someone willing to play tour guide for a newbie.

[] Well you can do one of those things in a bit, you should probably go to an item shop and see what you can buy for fifty gilder, it won’t be much you think, but a couple extra healing potions could be nice. Can be selected in addition to the other options.

kffs, Rapey_Lemons, LightMage and 6 others like this.
  23. Xicree

Eh... Yrs... Chibi's vote had equal number of voters to mine... actually less after Bii voted... and Lightining had 4 vote even if 1 of them followed a slightly different vote plan.

24. Xicree

Eh... Yrs... Chibi's vote had equal number of voters to mine... actually less after Bii voted... and Lightining had 4 vote even if 1 of them followed a slightly different vote plan.

Oh well.

25. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Eh I counted four for Chibi and only three for yours even with Bii's vote. Let me count again.

yeah 4-3 Gift's vote isn't the same as yours, and due to the nature of the vote I was counting things by the whole vote rather than piecemeal.

26. Xicree

I though @Arkeus had switched over from Chibi's vote to mine... but I guess it's ambiguous if he did or of he'd just gone with my build under Ice elementalist...

27. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Yeah, your plan has Yourself Bii and Arkeus, where is the vote I missed?

28. redaeth

I'm a bit disappointed Lightning didn't win.

29. Xicree

Thing is I was expecting that those of us who wanted to go lightning would have been grouped together then the highest stat plan would win... Im pretty sure all of us who wanted lightning would have banded together if we knew it was going by total plan...

30. redaeth

Yeah, I'd have switched to Xicree in a flash if I knew Lightning depended on the over all plan.