1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

Have you tried Dark Responsive?

2. kylone

kylone Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

You can use a sitemap file to control the rate of indexing. I'm one of the developers for an ecommerce site, and we noticed the same heavy crawling behavior. What we ended up doing is automated building of a sitemap, with the change frequency set to weekly.

We have our product category navigation paged, so you can either drill down to more specific categories or go through pages of results for the categorization you're currently at.
    We chose to put the category navigation pages in the sitemap. That's roughly analogous to the first page of discussion threads.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  3. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

I tried almost all of them out. Dark Responsive was nice; but I prefer the post author on the side, rather than at the top, of posts. Probably more because that's what I'm used to everywhere else than anything else.

And I'm probably not going to say anything else on the topic, don't wanna derail the thread. Mostly posted the first comment to help out anyone else who's new to the forums thanks to Amelia with similar eye-strain problems.

4. Ichypa

Ichypa I trust you know where the happy button is?

I think I'll use this move as an excuse to re-read the story thus far.

Divabot likes this.
  5. alanek

alanek Know what you're doing yet?

It is convenient to have all the posts, one after another.

Divabot likes this.
  6. Deltawaves1

Deltawaves1 Getting sticky.

Can you post the official time line?

Divabot likes this.
  7. Faraway-R

Faraway-R Getting sticky.

It's posted in one of the first five posts. Yes, Taylor still wears bright colors. :)

Divabot likes this.
  8. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

Reread the first page.

9. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Just binge read this for the first time and damn I regret my pointless sabbatical from SB even more than ever.

This story is incredible, it felt like I was reading Worm for the first time. Knowing that there is no real plot armor to force everyone to live, excluding PTV which will still let important characters die for the desired end result(ref:Alexandria), there were several moments where I had that 'oh fuck, did that just...' clench/tingle in my guts(Charlotte, not finding half the group after the Ziz blast, ect.). Thankfully it was an archive binge so I could just keep going and not have to wait to see what happening, I can barely imagine the torment your reader went through at those times. ;)

Still sad about Aisha and Bitch though, and Regent didn't get his heroic sacrifice and monument. :(

On a separate note, have you given any thoughts about posting this to FF.net or AO3? Not obsessively fast like this, just a chapter or two a day to give a feel of an update schedule, which speaking as a long time fic reader is an awesome thing to see in your updated fic page on a regular basis. Sometimes the only good part of the day is seeing one of your favorite fics has updated and knowing it will again tomorrow.

This would not only spread access to this truly amazing fic but on a more selfish note would put it within range for quick and easy downloading with Fanfiction Downloader so I can keep it forever with no hassle.

10. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

HAHAHA, Oh man you have no idea.

Amelia's one of those fics that's practically got 2 more chapters up by the time your done reading the first new chapter. We've been quite spoiled by TanaNari's 2-3 updates a day schedule.

It is (was) a running joke on SB that none of the cliffhangers were actually suspenseful, since we'd find out what happened so fast. In fact, the temp ban that triggered the move to QQ triggered a few comments that we finally had a suspenseful cliffhanger, lol.

Also, thanks to the link to the fanfiction downloader, it's awesome. I've always just manually saved full copies of the webpages if I wanted to backup a copy of a fic (though once or twice for the REALLY long ones I used a spider bot to just copy that whole chunk of the website...the Harry Potter Sacrifices series by Lightning on the Wave comes to mind... Slash, but one of the best-written pieces of fanfiction I've ever come across, and at 3,075,741 words, is almost twice the length of Worm) .

11. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

Nice to see this great story here!

12. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Second coming of.....that one person who posted a 120k word fic in a 28 hour period without sleeping?

Fuck, it's been so long I don't even remember the names!

Yeah, I didn't take the FF.net purge very well. I went to my 2000+ faves list at the time, went to the end of the list and worked my way backwards downloading pretty much everything. Originally used FLAG until ff.net purposefully prevented that site from working despite having been told it was allowed earlier and then swapped to that.

My fanfics folder is sitting at about 1.5 GB with over 3k fics.

13. Thunder Man Soul

Thunder Man Soul (Verified Prime)

*drools*

the list of things I wouldn't do to get that is short indeed.

AlexA4x and Zarohk like this.
  14. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

If you know of a completely free(I am literally in the red, shoveling snow is barely paying my bills) data storage location, either for my use or someone else's that they will let me access to upload it, where I could zip and throw them up I would be willing to put it up for general access.

It's 75% Harry Potter and Naruto, maybe 15% Ranma, and the rest various things that caught my attention at the time. Not all of them are good either, I grabbed everything that existed on my faves list at the time and have kept up as they are updated. The list itself is composed of anything good enough to fave when I read it which has changed so there is some absolute garbage in there that was good enough to fit my mood when I read it that I haven't bothered to filter out but I would say the majority of it is decent.

I do have rare ones that have since been deleted like Axome's Rouge Fox, which for some stupid reason he deleted when he decided not to continue it 150k words in, and most of pentupfury's lemon fics which were wiped entirely by the purge at the very beginning.

AlexA4x likes this.
  15. Zarohk

Zarohk Worldbuilder, Idea Collector

And AO3's built-in system. I really want to be able to Kindle this story soooo much. Honestly that was what made me able to binge Silencio.

Divabot likes this.
  16. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

It's a fanfic, so honestly I don't care what people do with it. I don't own the vast majority of the story/setting. Someone wants to move it to Ao3... they're free to do so. I wouldn't mind having proper credit, but I don't even care about *that* much.

However... it took me, like, EIGHT HOURS to transfer this story here, and even then it's not complete... No hurry to repeat this experience. Ever.

AlexA4x, Clandistine1, Jiven and 9 others like this.
  17. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 176
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 176

"No, I'm absolutely serious," I insisted to Vicky on the phone. "I was. Even got the dumbass to waive all their stupid 'tests'. And then I became their leader like five minutes later."

"You? Really?" Vicky laughed.

"Didn't really matter since they were all dead by then," I added. I felt a little bad, lying to her about Riley, but as much as I loved my sister I couldn't imagine her taking the news that I had quasi-adopted Bonesaw well. "But I earned leadership the official way."

"I'm so putting that in my autobiography," she teased.

FrustrationDisdain. I blinked and looked over at Taylor. Is she still jealous?

"Lisa's being a bitch again," she sighed.

Oh, of course she is. "Sorry, Vicky, can I have a sec?" I asked.

"Uh, sure," she responded.

"What is she doing this time?" I asked Taylor.

"Remember how they chased off that one Stranger? Dream Girl?"

"Yeah..." I recalled. It was terrifying to think that there was a stranger out there that could slip past both Taylor and Dinah, as well as Zach's natural defense against all things mind and body altering. Except possibly the Simurgh, he didn't respond by disintegrating when hit with her song. Then again, maybe she never bothered trying to target him. Fortunately we destroyed her before the time limit anyway.

"Turns out, Lisa's plan for making Zach feel better is, and I quote 'throw Emma at him'," she sighed. "And, apparently, Missy just found out."
    I cringed. "Sorry, Victoria, I have to go. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Oh, okay," she sighed. "I should do my homework, anyway."

"Bye," I said, and turned off the phone, then sat up from my position laying on my bed. "Okay, let's go."

Missy looked pissed when we got to the living area. Taylor's modified bugs, the ones that don't get eaten by Yggdrasil, had taking position between her and Lisa.

"Alright, what the hell?" I asked.

"Lisa's being a bitch again," Missy started.

"What?" Lisa insisted. "It's a good idea. Emma won't mind in the slightest, and Zach will appreciate it, too. It's a win for everyone."

"It's toying with people's hearts," Missy growled. "It's not right to use people like that." I found myself agreeing with Missy on this one, and judging by the emotions in Taylor, she was on my side with that assessment.

"Lisa," Taylor sighed. "There are lines, and this crosses them. Zach's been through enough manipulative bullshit, and I know Emma's not exactly my favorite person, but seriously... she doesn't deserve to be treated like little more than a prostitute."

"Come on," Lisa insisted. "It's a perfect plan! They get back together, she stops moping about like a lost puppy, he stops desperately overcompensating for his feelings by pretending to be a complete fucking idiot, and we go back to worrying about things that actually matter."

"Maybe if you squinted, it would hold up for fifteen minutes, but in the end it'd just wind up hurting Emma," RealizationIncredulity. Taylor didn't elaborate, but I'm pretty sure Lisa and I, at least, figured out her surprise.

"They broke up for a reason," Missy countered. "If they get back together, then fine. But Zach's my friend and I won't let you treat him like this."

"Lisa... maybe you should just get a boyfriend," I finally suggested. Everyone stopped and looked at me.

"Doesn't work like that," Lisa replied. "Asexual, remember?"

"Then go hook up with another asexual," I suggested. "Weld's still in Boston, and he's a great guy. Bonus points for you since he's about as clean as anyone can possibly be. I'm sure he can be convinced. As long as you tone down the 'bitch' around him."

"I'm not interested in romance," Lisa insisted.

"Then why do all of your ideas lead in that direction?" I asked. "Your idea for helping Taylor? First you tried to hook her up with Brian." NostalgiaDisgustAnger. "And when that didn't work, you tried to hook her up with me."

"I did not try to hook the two of you up," Lisa insisted. "I recognized that the two of you were a lot alike, and encouraged you to be friends. That's all I ever thought would happen. I never intended for it to become romantic. I sure as fuck didn't intend for you to create an empathic link! How was I suppose to know that was even possible? A link that's the only reason you ever got romantically involved in the first place."

"And me and Theo," Missy added. We all looked toward her. WorryRegret. "What? I'm not stupid and I'm not a child," the thirteen year old insisted. "I knew what you were trying to pull the moment Aceso showed up with the flying horse. After that, I just rolled my eyes and played along."

"Sorry about that," I said sheepishly.

"Don't be," she replied. "I got an awesome best friend and an amazing boyfriend and I'm on a team that values my input. I got to kill an Endbriner. I got battle armor that's too badass to be described in words. Plus I have yet to be forced to go to some public event to be gawked at by people I wish I was allowed to punch. If you had just come out and offered that last line as your main selling point, I probably would have taken you up on the deal. That and being able to tell Miss Piggy to go to hell. I wanted to do that for years."

"See, it worked out great," Lisa insisted. "And this will, too."

"How about, instead, we support our friends the old fashioned way?" Taylor asked. "I mean this as a friend, Lisa, but you can't keep doing this. I know neither of them are really your friends. Really, past me and maybe-kinda Crystal, you don't have any friends here."

"I prefer keeping things professional," Lisa answered. "It's easier that way."

AnnoyanceRegret. "Yeah, I thought that way once," she sighed. "Lisa, maybe this started like that... but we're friends here. Most of us are, one way or another, a family. I have Amelia, and you, right?"

"Of course!" Lisa insisted. "Don't you dare doubt that."

"And Amelia has me and Crystal and Riley," she continued. "Crystal's a bit standoffish, and even she's pretty close to Zach and you. Which is weird, because you two are easily the hardest people in this group to get along with."

"She has years of experience dealing with me and Victoria," I reminded. "Plus Aunt Sarah's awesome with people, and Crystal takes after her mom."

"Then Riley's got Missy and Emma and even Theo and Zach a bit," Taylor continued. "Theo gets along pretty well with Zach despite them seeming almost nothing like each other at all."

"I have Theo and Riley, of course," Missy added. "And Chariot. Trevor's a great guy, if a bit of a loner. But that's how Tinkers are, y'know. He'll probably be a 'less a-hole' version of Armsmaster. Not the highest bar in the world to set, of course."

"The list goes on. Rey's the only one who's not really 'close' to any of us," Taylor concluded. "He treats this whole thing as a job. Which is fine, I'm not sure that there can be a non-creepy way for the thirty year old pothead to be friends with a bunch of teenagers. He's not causing any drama and has his own life outside of work to worry about. You, on the other hand... I know you've been in a slump, lately. I'd like to help you out of it, we all would."

"Umm..." Lisa frowned. "Are you holding an intervention, now?"

ShockAmusement. "Well, it didn't start that way, but I guess so," she agreed. "We just want you to start concerning yourself with how your actions actually impact people. We're more than cogs in a machine here, Lisa. And so are you. Please remember that."

She sighed. "You're right," she finally admitted.

"The 'Emma' plan wouldn't work anyway," another voice spoke up. Everyone except Taylor looked. Emma was standing in the doorway. "Don't get me wrong, I wish it would. But it won't. Thanks for looking out for my feelings, Missy." She smiled at Missy. "And thanks for the alert, Taylor."

Taylor shrugged. PleasedSad.

"What we need," I suggested. "Is a party. A group get together that has nothing to do with work. At all. Just having fun together. Last time we did anything like that was the fourth of July, and that doesn't count because it was a public gathering."

"That actually sounds like a really good idea," Taylor agreed. Everyone else looked around. "Now we just need an excuse. Something relatively innocent."

"I may have a suggestion," Emma volunteered.

================

A/N- And Missy didn't even get to punch anyone.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  18. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

I know, it's a sad day when Missy doesn't get to give someone a black eye. I think the above bolded line read a little awkwardly, but otherwise it's a good chapter. Finally calling Lisa out on some of her bullshit probably should have happened early, but the characters have been so busy, it isn't a stretch to say they were preoccupied with other things.

Hmm...Pantheon Party? Sounds good, and dangerous. They all seem responsible enough not to try and sneak in alcohol...although Zach might spike Amelia and Taylor's drinks to finally get the ball rolling on that...or just for shits and giggles.

It's a shame Amelia didn't mention Zach being depressed and in-need of a distraction to Victoria. I have a feeling she'd be all over that, but there's hope if she's invited to the party.

Lisa getting a boyfriend. It probably needs to happen. Or, at least, she needs to find someone that will put up with her neurosis like Taylor and Amelia have. The problem is finding someone sufficiently immune to her powers or with an interference-power to counteract her.

...Newter? Even though I'm normally cautious about recreational drug use, it might be the answer here. I'll think on potential significant others for Lisa, but Weld would be a good choice too...if he could put up with Lisa.

Ichypa, kffs, SwiftRosenthal and 4 others like this.
  19. Alterego9

Alterego9 Know what you're doing yet?

Actually, you do own all of the text itself. Every creative work is a subject to it's own copyright, even the ones that infringe another's.
    So even if Wildbow would publish Amelia without your permission, you could sue him for copyright infringement.

Divabot likes this.
  20. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Clockblocker stopped, yet again, he felt someone hit him, again but he knew no one was in the room aside from himself.

He sighed and pushed the alert button for who knows how many times since his transfer.

Ryuketsu, Ichypa, .IronSun. and 9 others like this.
  21. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Oh god, is Emma still pregnant?

Rohdan and TanaNari like this.
  22. Swingline#57

Swingline#57 Know what you're doing yet?

I...do believe she is. Well, if that's what her suggestion will be about, this will be...awkward.

TanaNari likes this.
  23. voidseeker0

voidseeker0 Getting some practice in, huh?

Wow... pregnant? Since when???

24. The Shadowmind

The Shadowmind Well worn.

Emma had several pseudo-fetuses implanted in her by Bonesaw, but I though the Cauldron vial trigger event rendered her reproductive organs nonfunctional, nor where the fetuses viable in the first place.

voidseeker0 and TanaNari like this.
  25. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

Riley implanted seven embryos in Emma before she got the Cauldron vial in order to encourage it to give her Tinker powers. So, in theory, she's pregnant with septuplets.

EDIT: Damn it, Imp, you're supposed to be dead!

26. Dude

Dude Getting out there.

Even Lisa gets to be happy!

I like how you handled this. You like to create drama, but youre really good at doing it in character. No idiot balls here.

27. Alterego9

Alterego9 Know what you're doing yet?

I'm pretty sure they were not even real embryos in the first place, just tissue matter that tricked the Cauldron vial trigger.

28. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Add to that Emma mentioned, while in one of her tinker-fugues, that her reproductive system had been overwritten by her Breaker states.

Now, that may have just been TanaNari's way of jossing the whole pregnancy-thing, but it could also be a double-bluff if Emma now has something not immediately recognizable as a human reproductive system which has been seeing to her potential pregnancies.

Granted, I'm preeeety sure that we're going down the wrong road with this speculation. I'm wagering its something none of us are really going to see coming, probably something that's happened because of a chain-reaction of events set off-screen...

Induction of new members?

Announcing Pantheon as a sovereign political entity?

Someone ELSE is pregnant?

29. The Shadowmind

The Shadowmind Well worn.

There was a bit of a potential foreshadowing with Danny not wrapping it.

Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  30. Dude

Dude Getting out there.

Unless the trigger made them viable. I'm pretty sure in the same dialogue Bonesaw mentioned something along the lines that Trigger Events cause people with terminal illnesses to become healthy, or something along those lines? Perhaps it made the fetuses all viable.

Just spitballing.