1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

You totally should. How else are you going to spot all the delicious stealth details and foreshadowing I inserted into the story?

*Shrugs* Canon indicates it works the way I've depicted it. They predicted Khonsu's first attack before he arrived.

Yeah, I know. Okay, didn't know about the page views. That's pretty cool, too. So much for the whole "story won't get as much attention on QQ" theory...

But I still wanna get back to "average of 30 likes per post" like I had before. :p

Ame, Volkogluk, Jiven and 2 others like this.
  2. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

With my awesome Tinker powers, I've invented a handy tool for you. It's called the Caps Lock key. You hit it and suddenly you're not typing all in caps anymore...:p

3. Divabot

Divabot KILL ALL THE HUMANS

waht is this sorcery

Ryuketsu, Varano, Faraway-R and 11 others like this.
  4. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

Tinker powers. everyone without them calls them bullshit hax for a reason.;)

5. Malfunctioning Hugbot

Malfunctioning Hugbot Spriggy Tomboy

We have chased through the depths of the intawebs, crawled through search results to find references to this sacred place, undergone horrific unspeakable rituals to allow our voices to be heard here... and you want more?

Eh, I'll blanket like when I next reread, 'kay?

Ryuketsu, ArnaudB, Volkogluk and 7 others like this.
  6. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 180
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 180

After shredding the Gargant, the beast vanished. ConfusionWorry. We didn't have long to wait, alerted by screaming. The buildings not-exactly-around-us exploded into rubble that rained down, and the monster appeared again in the ranks of the defensive line, its tails lashing out and killing nine capes.

"Destructive Teleporter?" Taylor asked.

"Space warper," Trevor responded. "It travels through the space between where it disappears and reappears."

"It's using my power," Missy concluded. "Only different. No Manton limit, to begin with."

"Not just yours," Lisa added. "All three of the Moirai. Its powerset is a combination. The tails are, functionally, the ribbon weapon we made for the cannon. It can use space warping to attack at any possible range. I bet it sees the way Lachesis can see through her power."

DoubtDetermination. "Then you'll just have to tell us how to beat your power," Taylor replied to Missy.

"Let me go in," Lily replied. "We know my power bypasses hers. I can fight that fucker in direct combat."

"Not yet," Lisa commanded. "It still has at least one more trick it hasn't revealed. If you go in now, it will kill you. Missy, help Zach. We'll see if that weapon works first. Taylor, same theory with the Razorbats." Lisa took flight, getting above the holographic battlefield.

Meanwhile, the creature had moved again, leaving another swath of destruction, and another nine dead.

The Razorbats were a nasty new weapon that I really wished we had time to build more of, and they started shunting through, near the creature. "Surround the area," Missy instructed. "Space them two feet apart and have them all detonate the moment it vanishes."

"Got it," Taylor replied, ignoring the dozen more that were slaughtered. I couldn't help but stare. There are no wounding strikes, I realized. Every attack is precise, each resulting in the decapitation of the victim. Not a single exception.

The creature vanished, and the Razorbats blossomed into a gray mist of nanothorns, disintegrating much of the area around them. I watched the cloud distort and part, leaving a disruptive imprint. The newest Endbringer manifested again, this time covered in rents, visible only in profile. Its insides were as dark as its skin layer. ExcitementSatisfaction. It then slaughtered another nine nearby capes.

The defenders had manage to orient themselves, and a dozen streams of energy caught the monster. There was no explosion, no reaction at all from the beast. All the energy vanished into nowhere.

The attackers didn't let up, as a pair of Gargants got into attack range, slamming into it from both sides with enough force that their nanofiber tusks sank into its flesh. Thankfully held in place, that left an opening, and Dragon's new anti-Endbringer artillery ship fired its Gatling cannons down on the trapped monster. Each had a short nanothorn explosion built in. They decimated the area, as the monster twisted to avoid them and break its grip. Both Gargants were chewed to pieces by the fire, but that was acceptable. They were disposable.

Freed of the Gargants, the Endbringer jumped again. It reappeared, this time missing one of its tails. With the remaining pair it lashed out and claimed six more capes the exact same way. RealizationHorrorDisgust.

"That telefragging fuck!" Zach cursed.

"Let me in this fight," Lily insisted. "My backup is only ten hours old, I'm not afraid of to play test dummy here."

"Not yet," Lisa insisted. "Trust me."

"Alexandria present," Dragon's com announced. We didn't have armbands, but we did have our mobile command center.

"Alexandria," Lisa spoke into her system. "It waits just slightly more than half a minute between jumps, you have about six seconds. Wait for its jump. Hit it immediately after Osiris. Osiris, sending coordinates. I want you there, expect it to appear almost right below you."

"Got it," Zach answered

They moved into position, and Lisa proved correct. Six more names came across the the announcements. I tried not to think too hard about the loss of lives, and how Lisa didn't warn the victims of their coming fate. Zach collided into the creature, releasing the single most powerful Nanothorn weapon ever designed. Reluctantly loaned to us by Defiant, after we demonstrated that we, at least, could use it more than once. A cyllander of grey mist thirty feet wide formed instantly vanished. The monster fell downward into the hundred foot deep hole left behind. It can't fly, good to know.

Alexandria plunged into the hole, holding her spear and trailed by a fifty foot long ivory colored rope. One of the weapons we'd built for her, using her own genetic material. A chain made of her own, cloned, bone tissue. Formed into a chain thin enough to be used for jewelry, and every bit as indestructible as she was. As long as she was holding it, at least. Once no longer in contact with her skin, it was as frail as anyone else's would have been.

Fortunately, we built her a system that let her grow as many of them as she needed, and hooked her up with the same kind of tech that Crystal had for her weapon summoning. It wasn't the best weapons we'd ever built, but it was the only real way we had to improve on Alexandria.

I couldn't see what happened inside the pit, but I was still holding my breath when she came out tugging on the chain several seconds later, the other end wrapped around this new Endbringer and the spear plunged deep into its throat. We could watch as the monster regenerated, where the white bone rope was being covered by newly generated solid black Endbringer tissue.

"Four seconds until it jumps again," Lisa announced. A stream of lasers hit the Endbringer, to no effect. Legend had arrived. The beast moved again, and Alexandria found herself dragged along with it. Six more died.

There was a brief glow around Alexandria and she skyrocketed into the air, carrying the Endbringer with her. What kind of power was that? Zach took the hint and followed, again detonating against the creature. We had, however, cut as deep as that weapon could allow. After a certain point, Endbringers became tougher than Alexandria, and we had confirmed that her weapons weren't damageable by the thorns.

Alexandria kept flying straight upward, pulling the monster as far above the city as possible. It was one of our agreed upon strategies for use of the chain, simply dragging the creatures from the battlefield.

"Can I go, yet?" Lily asked eagerly.

"No," Lisa answered. "The fucker is still holding back its trump card. Wait until it needs to jump again."

ConfusionConcern. "Needs to?" Taylor asked.

"It always jumps at the same moment, each time. It claims a set number of lives. What happens when that's impossible? What will it do?"

I blinked. Good question, I realized. I looked upward at the captive Endbringer above us. We'll find out soon.

Blue lightning launched from the monster, dancing across the sky and trailing up the bone chain. Legend Deceased. Alexandria Deceased, Dragon's system announced. The bone weaponry shattered, and the monster claimed three more lives.

==============

A/N- Endbringers: "because fuck you".

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  7. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

8. PineTreeq

PineTreeq Know what you're doing yet?

I hope it just shorted out the bands, like in the leviathan canon fight. Or is that too much to hope for? If not they did take genetic material for Alexandria.

9. pheonix89

pheonix89 Wanna be game dev

Almost certaintly. You don't kill Alexandria or Legend with blaster attacks.

10. minuseven

minuseven low effort life

Well, if that isn't a blow to morale, I don't know what is.

Did Zach tag them? Because Alexandria's weapon disintegrating sure is ominous.

11. draconomial

draconomial Getting out there.

And then Coil chose the timeline where that order wasn't given? Please?

Volkogluk and Zooboss like this.
  12. GorgonEyed

GorgonEyed Five-Star Horror Ham

Should be "dummy."

As for the snip content, I'm really only surprised Legend got caught too. Alexandria is a walking (hovering?) death flag.

TanaNari likes this.
  13. Malfunctioning Hugbot

Malfunctioning Hugbot Spriggy Tomboy

The question is, did they back Alexandria up when she visited.

Ok, now I've got the Pantheon crew trying to keep their cloning tech secret, thusly introducing a new cape, Airdnaxela, who just happens to have the exact same powers as Alexandria...

sadfsdfdhgf, AlexA4x, tkioz and 10 others like this.
  14. powerofvoid

powerofvoid Versed in the lewd.

Nah.

Alexandria: "Rumors of my death were greatly exaggerated."

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    Ryuketsu, AlexA4x, Faraway-R and 6 others like this.
  15. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

FTFY

fireball900, voidseeker0 and TanaNari like this.
  16. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

First "rope" is redundant.

Also? OUCH! Well worth coming to QQ.

TanaNari likes this.
  17. selonianth

selonianth Writer of Words

BOOYAH BITCH!!! ... I really don't like Alexandria ok?

In all honesty they can bring her back most likely. If lacking the memories unless her body is intact enough.

TanaNari likes this.
  18. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Well, Alexandria's weapon wasn't quite Gleipnir, I guess...

19. HorizonRunner

HorizonRunner Making the rounds.

It's gonna get worse it's gonna get worse it's gonna get worse—

IT GOT WORSE.

No fucking kidding!

So this thing can do something that's enough to fry "brain death couldn't make her decompose" Alexandria. It also warps space, and appears to be holding back and playing theater with the capes.

...Still betting on Pantheon in the long game, but... ow.

No, because whatever happened in the other timeline was worse.

20. dasstan

dasstan :)

I think that the sheer versatility of powers open to Pantheon has made me stop carrying about death in this fic. Even if their deaths are permanent, I'll still be expecting them to come back.

Doesn't make it any less of a fun ride, though.

21. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

So you're reading it like a comic book? That's... amusingly appropriate.

22. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Well of course. If everyone dies, then Taylia will have an apotheosis in the ashes and bring everyone back for an eternal tea party on their private planet.

Ryuketsu, Faraway-R, Ame and 5 others like this.
  23. Helpless Kitten

Helpless Kitten A dumb asexual cat

It's kinda like DBZ. You know the dead people are going to get deus ex ball'd back, but damn if Buu blowing up humanity isn't impactful

24. jrbless

jrbless You needed worthy opponents.

Since no one has volunteered a name for this new Endbringer, I'm proposing Kyubi after the Japanese 9 tailed fox because it has 9 tails and is a quadruped.

TanaNari likes this.
  25. skychan

skychan Know what you're doing yet?

It has 3 tails. It kills 9 people every cycle. It lost 1 tail and then was killing 6.

TanaNari likes this.
  26. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Quick! Cut off the tails! Finally, all the people who keep threatening poor Biigoh with knives have an acceptable target!

Ame, Biigoh, Alexandercctv and 6 others like this.
  27. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

The showdown; who has the fluffiest tail?! The tanuki or the Endbringer?!

TanaNari likes this.
  28. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

Actually, we've already volunteered the name Fenrir or Fenris.

TanaNari likes this.
  29. Ryan Bazana

Ryan Bazana Know what you're doing yet?

Perfect decapitations? Alright nothing is that good without a power, I'm calling it having Lily's perfect timing.

TanaNari likes this.
  30. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

its said to have a combination of all the powers involved in the Moirai.

Oh fuck don't tell me it has a sting variant.

Volkogluk, Spetz N9ne and TanaNari like this.