1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. powerofvoid

powerofvoid Versed in the lewd.

The Endbringer's tail is not fluffy at all.

The Bii wins by default.

2. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Hah!

3. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 181
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 181

"Fuck me," Lily muttered. "Well, we've seen its fucking secret weapon, are you happy now?"

"No, there's still more," Lisa answered.

"How the fuck can there be more!?" Lily asked. "It just killed Legend and Alexandria!"

"Alexandria's not dead," Lisa replied. "Not yet, at least. Aceso, you'll have to clear a bit of ice out of her lungs, but she's alive, as long as you can get to her quickly."

"On it," Riley answered. "Khepri, I need you to help with a couple of the shadowcats."

"Thus far, this one's only been targeting capes," she continued. "It's not doing the kind of overall damage an Endbringer tends to do. It also proves a few things I've suspected about the Endbringers for a while now. Don't worry, I'll fill you in later."

Meanwhile the Endbringer had again been swarmed by the zerg. Taylor had stopped any semblance of holding back, throwing everything she had at it just to bury it under disposable bodies. It didn't appear to be working all that well, as the waves of frustration off Taylor indicated. It was easily fast enough to outrun any of the monsters we had available, and was powerful enough to kill them with relative ease, even down to one tail.

It vanished again, reappearing to kill three more capes. "Oh fucking christ no," Lisa muttered. She forgot to turn off our com before switching on the other. "Everyone! Fall back, take cover!" she shouted through the changeling. "Khepri, activate all the energy shunts!" DreadDetermination.

The various anti-Behemoth systems, which had largely gone to waste in New Delhi, were deployed, blanketing the area with fans and sails and strings. The Endbringer then burst into a pulse of destructive energy, unleashing fire and electricity and sonic energy across the battlefield. Our hologram flickered out.

"Clarice is still functional," Riley announced to us. "Collecting all kinds of data. Heavy on the light spectrum, some other exotic energy effects. And a high power sonic effect that I'm having touble interpreting.

"Transfer your feed," Emma instructed. "Let me have a look."

"The Endbringer appears to be gone," Taylor informed us. "It's hard to be certain, given its powers, but I think it retreated."

"Not a retreat," Lisa answered. "It did exactly what it came here to do. That's how this one will function every time. A battle lasting exactly five minutes and thirty three seconds. Fifty four capes decapitated. And then a fuck you bomb right at the end. It was following a script so obvious that everyone watching could figure it out. It's letting us know that they leave when they choose to leave, not because of anything we have done to force them to.

HorrorDisgust. I didn't say a thing. I couldn't think of any words to say.

Hundreds of gallons of Yggdrasil mass were shunted into the city, designed to squelch fires and reinforce streets. The city was damaged, but this wasn't like New Delhi. This could be rebuilt. A lot of capes were wounded, but not as many as one might have expected. The Protectorate hadn't even managed to deploy most of its forces, much less got them here on time. Dragon's personal ship hadn't even arrived, only a couple of her fast response drones.

"I remember during the Brockton Bay fight," Taylor spoke. "When they called Leviathan a 'good day' against an Endbringer. By that standard, this was the best Endbringer battle in history. Not enough people even managed to arrive here for the explosion to be really bad."

Eidolon arrived as we finally started shunting across.

Lisa looked at him. "You chose to sit this one out?" she asked.

"I... decided on a different course," he sighed. "Limited power, remember? I have to apply it where I can do the most actual good. Not knowing what this new Endbringer could do, I couldn't trust to select the right types of powers to fight it. Instead, I found one for the aftermath," he took to the sky as a bright blue green aura surrounded him. His arms outstretch, he waited until he was brighter then the sun, then clapped his hands together. The light burst washed over the city.

I felt the sudden presence of life amongst the people that my Yggdrasil had covered. "Holy fuck... he just brought back the dead," I informed the others. "All of them, as far as I can tell. Everyone the new Endbringer just killed."

JoyRelief. Taylor smiled for the first time since the battle started. "Then we can consider this one a real victory," she declared.

"In more ways than one," Lisa agreed.

"You figured something out, didn't you?" I asked.

"A few things," Lisa answered. "But I'd really prefer to not have to repeat myself. Let's wait for Dragon and the others."

We had managed, eventually, to gather the more directly important forces. Alexandria and the rest of the Triumvirate. Chevalier, who was the new head of the Protectorate. I wasn't sure what his powers were, but he carried an impressive as looking sword and armor of pristine white. And of course Dragon, Defiant and Narwhal from the Guild. It was staggering to imagine the kind of influence and power we were hosting right now.

"Impressive," Alexandria declared, looking across the area. "And am I wrong to believe that you've completely covered this world in Yggdrasil? No other forms of life on the entire planet but that which you've created for it?"

I felt a little self conscious at the clear S-class grade power that I had demonstrated. "It was a dead world when we found it," I offered lamely.

"You don't have to pretend you're surprised," Lisa replied. "We know you've spied on our planet before, maybe even crossed over into it. Right now, I suspect we're not the only groups on the planet truly capable of interdimensional travel, but we are both capable of it."

Alexandria nodded "Very well, I won't insult you by pretending otherwise," she agreed. "You were saying you determined something valuable about the Endbringers?"

"I can confirm they're controlled by a human intelligence," Lisa answered. HorrorAnger. "Maybe not in the literal sense. Probably more similar to Dragon's droneships than to our own bioconstructs."

"And you know this because?" Alexandria asked.

"I trust Eidolon's shared what he learned from us?" Lisa asked.

"About what you are calling Passengers, right?" Alexandria answered. Dragon shared a glance toward Defiant and then Narwhal.

"What 'Passengers'?" Chevalier asked.

"They are the source of all powers," Lisa answered. "Every parahuman has a Passenger."

"The Protectorate's researchers call them Agents," Alexandria added. "Although our understanding of them seems to differ from Pantheon's, we have come to a number of the same conclusions. Unfortunately, the information we do have is functionally useless."

"Is that what I see when I look at parahumans?" he asked. "These Passengers?"

ShockCuriousity. "Wait, you can see our powers?"

"Not exactly," he replied. "It's a... like visual symbolism. An abstract of what the power can achieve, in a humanoid representation and left for me to try to interpret."

"What does my power look like?" I blurted out, before stopping to think.

"... Distracting..." he answered, looking away. "Yours and hers," he gestured at Taylor. "I'm not sure what my power is trying to tell me about your powers, but I can tell you that I'm trying very hard not to look." MortificationWorryPride.

"I'd really like to study your power," Emma spoke up. The fact that Clarice was standing next to her prodding at her may have had something to do with it. "We're doing our best to learn more about how the Passengers function, and your ability would probably help a great deal."

"My power sight is, technically, classified," he answered. "I mentioned it only because you already seem to know more on the subject than I do."

"I'll bring the matter up with the Directors," Alexandria spoke. "I have some leverage. There may be some negotiations, but I suspect they'll demand that you share every scrap of information you learn on this matter with them. Now, let us move on to what you believe about the Endbringers."

"Initially I suspected that the Endbringers were Passengers as well. We know they're not human and do not think like humans. They can't comprehend most ideas that are instinctual to us. Although, to be fair, I doubt we could grasp the ebbs and flows of reality and dimensions, or all the insane complexities that our powers can perform. Different doesn't necessarily mean worse, and in this case probably means far superior."

"But it does mean that behaviors would change," Alexandria agreed. "It's the 'Rule of Three' that made you certain, wasn't it?"

"Of course," Lisa answered. "The thing waited exactly thirty three and a third seconds between its jump attacks. Killing three people per tail per jump. Shedding a tail after every third jump, detonating after the ninth. The total length of the battle was exactly three hundred and thirty three seconds. That's hardly a coincidence. In addition, the Endbringer prediction software. If they were truly alien, if they came from the source of powers, it couldn't work on them."

"Makes sense," Dragon replied. "It might also explain why Rapture's technology was so valuable in improving our predictive software."

"In addition, they're still currently active," she responded. "They watched our battle with the Simurgh. I might even suspect they were there during the battle, given the obvious Rule of Three pattern, and how the killing weapon was powered by three parahumans. But it's more likely they were watching through some remote viewing technology built into the Simurgh."

"Do you have any suspects on who the Endbringers' creator or creators might be?" Alexandria asked. "Or what they're trying to accomplish?"

"Not as such, no," Lisa admitted.

=================

A/N- Yay! Chevalier! And one step closer to solving all the mysteries.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  4. Cyclone

Cyclone Disciple of Zor

LOL

5. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Eidolon is being Intelligent? Eidolon used Raise Dead?!

Eidolon OP!!!!11!!!Plz Nerf!!!!!!!111!!!!

Edit: It says something about Eidolon's personality that he sounds depressed about *only* being able to resurrect all of the slain parahuman in an Endbringer battle.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    Ryuketsu, eNBious, AlexA4x and 18 others like this.
  6. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

Hmm...
    The Rule of Three thing kind of makes me want to add Cerberus to the list of possible names.

7. minuseven

minuseven low effort life

Of course Lisa doesn't know their mission or creator. Eidolon himself doesn't have a fucking clue. :V

daimahou, Jiven, tkioz and 1 other person like this.
  8. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Lisa knows your secrets before you do.

9. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Eidolon's Shard: "Daddy, daddy, look! I made you a 5'33" Endbringer and I gave you a power to resurrect people who have been dead for less than 6 minutes! Look how well they go together! Now everyone will love you as much as I do! Yay!"

10. Pirafir

Pirafir Getting out there.

I'm wondering what Lisa would see if she touched one of the discarded tails.

Volkogluk and TanaNari like this.
  11. tsuknoryu2986

tsuknoryu2986 Not too sore, are you?

So a thought. Could Eidolon point that rez power at dead Passengers?

TanaNari likes this.
  12. Izicata

Izicata AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME

He considers himself The Hero. The Hero doesn't sit out a major battle only to show up at the end, he should have been in the centre of the fray, fighting the new Endbringer directly. Sure, resurrecting every single parahuman that died in the past six minutes is the sort of thing that gets you your own cult, but it's not what Eidolon thinks he should have been doing.

Oh, and I'd bet money that the resurrection ability only works on parahumans. I'd guess it works on exactly the same principle as Pantheon's "resurrection", except the backups are current up to the very second the parahuman died and are stored in their shard. Eidolon's power plops a copy of that backup in a clone body, and shunts in it with dimensional bullshit.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  13. Spetz N9ne

Spetz N9ne Making the rounds.

What's that, Clock? BUUUUULLLLSHIIIIIIITTT? Yeah, think I have to agree with you on that one buddy.

Also, has anyone come up with a good name for the new Endbringer? Considering its description (pitch black caricature of a wolf) and some of the events in the fight (killing parahumans, breaking out of unbreakable chains) I am going to put my money of Fenrir.

Sure, there's some unfortunate connotations with the whole Neo-Nazi thing, but since Pantheon cleaned them up I feel like it balances out.

Divabot and TanaNari like this.
  14. minuseven

minuseven low effort life

Stop ruining the jokes.

TanaNari likes this.
  15. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Nigel Burnelli Isaacs Not too sore, are you?

Missing a letter I believe.

Norse mythology and Norse people are proud and good people, it is not because a Bunch of shitheads coopted that imagery that it should ,not be used.

Now very nice Endbringer sir, I like your design here perfect death machine complete with Psychological warfare application in the MO and capabilities great job.

The battle itself was nice too with Lisa operating as mission control, she was rather good at it and it was a nice use of a thinker in that kind of engagement. Also nice touch about the tech born from the cooperation between the Pantheon and the 2Ds and the weapons made for Alexandria where good too.

AS for Eidolon's Rez I would think it is something coming from the same mechanism as Zach's and Oni Lee's shards albeit with a different esthetic, of course it could also be a large scale application of Cody's power, which comes from Eden after all. Now concerning Lisa thing about the Endbringers it was nice to see and so was Chevalier's reaction to Taylia.

Divabot and TanaNari like this.
  16. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Never. I will not stop until I have murdered all the jokes. I am the joke assassin.

Ryuketsu, Divabot, Volkogluk and 5 others like this.
  17. evildice

Yeah, there's good reasons for a hero in Brockton Bay to stay the Hel away from Norse imagery, but that kind of reputation risk does NOT apply to an Endbringer.

Endbringers do not have a good reputation which would be soiled by association with a hate group.

So sure, Fenrir is a fine choice of name for this physics-raping murder-bot... but since it first appeared in Mexico, maybe some kind of Aztec or Mayan mythical monster would be more appropriate? If there is one, I don't know much about those mythologies.

Hmm.

I was thinking that the shard was more ... directly connected to the Endbringer.

So this might be one of Eden's "harvest" mechanisms. Eidolon has the power to bring back capes killed by this specific Endbringer because this guy's role was always to gather shard connections for Eden. Thus, Eidolon has access to the shard connections as the capes are killed.

18. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Nigel Burnelli Isaacs Not too sore, are you?

Hmmm...Nice theory which might very well fit with what is known.

Divabot likes this.
  19. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

Italics

powerofvoid likes this.
  20. dasstan

dasstan :)

Also Fred.
    So. Confirmed Shard copulation? "Swapping data"

I'm kind of surprised Cauldron isn't being even more open with Pantheon, considering the leaps Pantheon has made in Agent related research and how Pantheon is willing to engage in the same sort of moral calculus...

CauldronxPantheon, OTP.

21. thyrfa

thyrfa .

Holy shit I had to register just for this pun.

Ryuketsu, Faraway-R, Ame and 13 others like this.
  22. Inverness

Inverness The Foxiest Wife

When people were talking about treating things like a comic book where people just can't stay dead, this isn't what I was expecting.

I'm also not complaining at all. Eidolon is just so OP.

I suppose it becomes a question of how many more times Eidolon can do that. I doubt its an energy intensive operation like the type of power he prefers to use, so hopefully it can last a few more fights.

If Eidolon ever figures out how to restore his power, something I'm hoping Tattletale can better help with, then he'll be able to spam that power.

Ryuketsu, AlexA4x, Faraway-R and 7 others like this.
  23. dasstan

dasstan :)

If Eidolon ever figures out how to recharge, we'll probably see a dramatic decrease in Endbringers. No more need to dance with death in hopes of getting back to full power when he can just suck up some Shard Juice from some villain.

24. powerofvoid

Like so:

[​IMG]

25. Mogget

Mogget Know what you're doing yet?

Three.... three... Now what parahuman has a power related to three... hmm.

Ryuketsu, Ame, Divabot and 4 others like this.
  26. evildice

Tattletale: "You're eating... Lung."

Clockblocker: "Maybe he's Scottish?"

Ryuketsu, AlexA4x, Varano and 21 others like this.
  27. powerofvoid

Eidolon: "No, I'm clearly drinking Lung. Note the bendy straw."

28. Inverness

Inverness The Foxiest Wife

I remember Wildbow saying somewhere that Eidolon died before he could find the power he needed to recharge/revive his shards so that he didn't need to drain other parahumans or connect to Scion's shards.

Faraway-R, Divabot and TanaNari like this.
  29. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

Prism, if she didn't die at New Delhi.

TanaNari likes this.
  30. Zerul X

Zerul X Getting sticky.

Did Alexandria just implicitly admit to being a part of Cauldron, or at least some other powerful group that's not the protectorate, in front of Chevalier, Dragon, Defiant, and Narwhal?

TanaNari likes this.