1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. gunghoun

gunghoun The Hero of Man (v2.0)

A QA shard pinging off of Pantheon, and a trigger likely caused by cape shenanigans which canonically have an increased likelihood of Trump manifestations? You know what this means:

GLORY GIRL'S NEW SUPERHERO IDENTITY

Glory Girl: Yeah, so now I have the ability to take, give, combine, and modify parahuman abilities! Do you see what this means for me?

Gaea: You're going to stockpile a whole bunch of powers and come up with several distinct cape identities that no one is supposed to know are all actually the same person? But due to not thinking things through completely, pretty much everyone you associate with will quickly discover your trickery?

GG: What? No-

Khepri: You're going to model a cape identity off of a horror story from an alternate Earth's internet culture, allowing you to go around stealing powers from villains and Case 53's who just want to be normal, but also have a second, heroic identity that allows you to fight crime with your stolen powers so long as you don't reveal to others the extent of what you can do?

GG: Why would I ever-

Eki: You're going to die, reincarnate in the past when you had your trigger event, realize you're actually in an alternate past where some things are subtly different. More capes exist and will have been around for decades longer than they did here, which inexplicably hasn't lead to a wildly different present day on a local scale. There will be some new Endbringers, including one that is basically a big scary version of you, but also Endbringers are maybe the good guys a little bit, trying to teach humanity and uplift us through conflict at the urging of a long lost brother of Scion who killed his girlfriend so that we may live?

GG: What the fuck are you talking-

Minerva: Guys, your ideas are getting ridiculous. None of that even makes sense.

GG: THANK YOU!

Minerva: Clearly, she's going to die, reincarnate in the future as the personification of a spaceship's "personality" and have wacky adventures and meet a multi-dimensional trickster god whose primary motivation is causing havoc among lesser beings for his own amusement.

GG: ... Just fuck right off, will you?

Horus: Then what do you plan to do with your new powers?

GG: Find a Mover who can fly, a Breaker with an apply-on-self forcefield, a Brute with super strength but no significant added durability, and a Master with the ability to influence the emotions of others. Then fly around and punch stuff, yelling things like "Victoria smash!" even though I'm not actually a complete moron, despite being somewhat narcissistic and oblivious to the feelings of others.

Osiris: Huh, that works, too, I guess.

And then they all lived happily ever after.

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Disciple of Zor

Hang on. Did I just get top billing over Manager?! O_O

3. gunghoun

Of course. It's well known that more identities makes for better super heroes.

Just ask Hank Pymwho?.

4. ArisKatsaris

ArisKatsaris Getting sticky.

I recognize the 'Manager' & 'A Tale of Transmigration' references, but what story is this a reference to?

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Disciple of Zor

I'm pretty sure that's Ship's Administration. It's not a 'fic I follow, though, so I might be wrong.

powerofvoid likes this.
  6. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Nigel Burnelli Isaacs Not too sore, are you?

This, as for where she got the shard she triggered from well I would say the Pantheon given all the information those have it is more than likely that one of those fired a bud and that Victoria got it. Given her genetics and who she associates with I would think that it is Eki's shard that gave a bud to Victoria.

Now nice snip, I liked how they debriefed the battle and the intel we got on Barghest's final attack as well as the reasonning behind not letting Flechette use her power on it nor even get close to it good logic here.

The trolling between Lisa and the others was funny and was also a good way to answer some things(power supressing, no Narwal checking etc), bonus points if Contessa explains to Alexandria that her and Lisa becoming a couple is in the path.

The revelation about Glory Girl was bound to happen although I expected it a bit later, oh well...Ah and it also seems Victoria got in the Theo/Zach group and fits well into it, I wonder how her relationship with Zach progressed during the Skip, also curious to see what Victoria's new abilities will be.

Ichypa, daimahou and TanaNari like this.
  7. gunghoun

Ship's Administration. I figured Lisa would be the type of person to pick something a little more obscure, just for the sake of being different. For some reason, I always imagine her as being a tiny bit of a hipster with things like that.

8. fireball900

fireball900 World Conqueror (not Overlord)

Why not Taylia?

9. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

so what you're saying is that it's not going to be any of these
    it's going to be copacetic. because if there's one thing I think when I hear 'QA, Shaper and pings from all of pantheon', it's 'baby space-whale'.

10. nebelmann

nebelmann Making the rounds.

I can already see how this would be:

Taylor: lovecomfort

Amelia: happinessdesire

Victoria: Ok,whatthefuckisgoingonhere-cansomebodyexplain thistome?

Taylor/Amelia: o_O!?!?!?

11. dasstan

dasstan :)

Taylor: How did it end up like this? It was only a kiss!

Faraway-R, selonianth, Diller and 2 others like this.
  12. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

During Testing:

Chevalier: "I can't believe I'm asking this, but could you three please leave me alone with Bonesaw? I'm...just not comfortable seeing what your powers are doing, much less relaying their actions to a preteen."

AlexA4x, Varano, Faraway-R and 29 others like this.
  13. Inverness

Inverness The Foxiest Wife

If her hair turns rainbow-colored we should start worrying.

14. tsuknoryu2986

tsuknoryu2986 Not too sore, are you?

At that point the PRT just needs to slap a Master 12 and have a kill order ready made.

TanaNari and Divabot like this.
  15. Spetz N9ne

Spetz N9ne Making the rounds.

Well, there goes plan "Turn off Lisa's power for a night so she can finally get laid." It's too bad, I was really rooting for that one.

And all things considered I'm thinking Vicky had a little chat with Cauldron to get powers. She seems way to chipper to have had another trigger, even taking into account the whole second-gen trigger being easier thing.

Alternately, Emma made her some sort of Tinker gear that lets her emulate her old powers. Anti-grav for flight, personal shield for defense, and maybe a kinetic force enhancer or some such for when its clobbering time.

16. Grell23

Grell23 Making the rounds.

Rainbow hell, if it spikes out and goes yellow abandon dimension!
    Kamahaaaaaaaa.....

G23
    (Not likely way too much grunting for Vicky to get into.)

TanaNari and Volkogluk like this.
  17. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

It depends.

Rainbow?
    or
    Rainbow?

18. HorizonRunner

HorizonRunner Making the rounds.

The real question: Which one is worse?

19. Thunder Man Soul

Thunder Man Soul (Verified Prime)

The glowing just makes me think of Purity. So I'm gonna go with blaster of some kind.

Or TanaNari is trolling us and Victoria can only provide a soft illumination to read by as her power.

20. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Lisa is a little uncomfortable by the amount of people that think she needs a good dicking.

21. tkioz

tkioz Getting sticky.

Honestly if she was a 'real' asexual and not just someone who got screwed over by her powers the whole thing would be really fucking offensive. We get that shit all the time.

"You're just not doing it right."

"Maybe you should see a doctor."

etc. etc.

Note, I don't find it the jokes offensive given the circumstances of the character, since she is actually forced into a lifestyle that she doesn't want by outside forces.

22. GiftofLove

Well to be fair the last one is an honest concern for your health. I'm sure it's a little annoying, but it should also feel a little nice. They care about your well being after all.

I lol'd at 'You're not doing it right', though. Have you ever challenged any of them to show you the 'proper' way? :p

23. tkioz

tkioz Getting sticky.

Yeah, sometimes its okay, and I have seen doctors about it, checking hormone levels and the like when I was younger and worried about 'fitting in.'

I even had a bunch of disastrous relationships and encounters trying to find out "what was wrong with me". Like gay people who try to be 'normal' asexuals sometimes throw themselves into bad places before they come to terms with who they are.

The annoying as hell thing is recently I had a transgender friend suggest that I was mentally ill because I'm not interested in sex. It doesn't disgust me, nor does it frighten me, it simply doesn't interest me the way it does others. You would think someone belonging to a group of people who have faced incredible persecution over the years would know better than to say shit like that.

A few :p

Honestly the act itself is rather enjoyable, but I view it like ice cream, its okay, but nothing I'd go out of my way for, whereas other people seem to be addicted to the stuff and crave it.

24. HorizonRunner

HorizonRunner Making the rounds.

You and I view the Holy Bucket of Frozen Joywonder quite differently.

edale, Faraway-R, fireball900 and 7 others like this.
  25. Sheaman3773

Sheaman3773 (Unverified Writer)

If she got the bud from Amelia, then she would actually be third-generation, which is even easier.

26. powerofvoid

powerofvoid Versed in the lewd.

I don't like ice cream. It gives me a headache, presumably from the cold, and leaves a sticky residue. :p

27. GiftofLove

The glowing would make it more likely to be a bud from her Mother or Crystal. One has a lot of years behind it, the other a massive influx of experience.

It would not surprise me at all if she got a Crystal bump, since they're close.

Though a Riley and Emma shard would be cool.

TanaNari likes this.
  28. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

It would but I do not think Victoria has interacted with Riley in person, as for Emma's shard I doubt it can Bud given it's a Cauldron one, it can be Pinged though if in range during the trigger, now a Crystal bud pinging Emma's shard...

TanaNari likes this.
  29. Izicata

Izicata AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME

I found your problem. You're having sex with vampires.

Don't have sex with vampires.

30. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Yeah, because it's often bloody business...