1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Osaisen, commision'd Arts and Stories.

Discussion in 'General' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

I'm sure it looks better with more names slapped on!

[​IMG]

That should be enough, the Kingdoms of Men, for quest purposes. Might snip bits and fill them in with further detail for various things, but there's an area map.

Counting down until votes come in to check out dem dragons, or 'hey, elves are benevolent tree-huggers, right?', and I have to horribly kill the Trader or expand the map. Leaning to the first for some things, the latter for other relatively safe options like getting across the divide into Jing or whatever.

Anyway, I keep dancing about it, but I should finally doodle Konatsu. ...Soon.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    CrossyCross likes this.
  2. Chibi-Reaper

And things are still sitting at 50/250, so there's a little way to go. Every little bit helps, though.

In less gloomy aspects of the day:

[​IMG]

You knew it was coming, and you wanted, well, not sure anyone actually wanted it, but I'm drawing it anyway! It's a kunoichi dress-up, starring Konatsu!

After some deliberation and random selection, going with a chinese outfit for the doodle, and decided on a pose. Outline skritchings may be a little tricky to see, people have mentioned problems with that before, sorry. I'm light on the pencil until I know full well I'm not going to be erasing stuff.

CrossyCross likes this.
  3. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Some details coming in. Hair up in buns, false chest settling into place, one hand going to have a folding fan, etc.

CrossyCross likes this.
  4. Chibi-Reaper

And we've hit 250, thanks much to everyone. Of course, if there are still people who want to throw a few bucks my way, I won't say no and I'll, I don't know, pick up a greasy cheezburger or milkshake that's not otherwise in the cards or something.

But anyway, continuing with the kunoichi.

[​IMG]

There's bits I like and bits I don't like and some of them are the same bits, so we'll see how that goes as time progresses here.

CrossyCross likes this.
  5. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Auuuu

CrossyCross likes this.
  6. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Ho-ho-hos, merry... uh, let me start that over.

It's that time of the month again, and that time of the year, filled with christmas cheer as 2014 draws to a close and isn't that somehow existentially depressing?

In any case, it's time for me to put out a festive internet hat again, once more to the tune of $250. I'm available for short original fiction and funny doodles... maybe with the time of the year I'll draw funny beards and santa hats on things.

Meanwhile, I need to dig up where I left that Konatsu doodle before the flu interrupted and I lost my steam on it. Completing Soon?

CrossyCross, Biigoh and ultima333 like this.
  7. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Aaaand Konatsu remains on teemporary hold as I'm not in the mood to go rummaging through papers to find where I left that one. For now, something different.

Shouldn't be hard at all to guess this one, even with only some of the basic placing framework scratched in.

CrossyCross likes this.
  8. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

It was requested to post this here, so that serves as a bump too.

And I swear I don't know what's up with the oddities. Graphite clouding can't be helped, but some of those spots.... I swear the paper is pristine and I keep cleaning the scanner, so I genuinely have no clue there. Well, it's a good base for if digital coloring and such ensue. LAYERS.

CrossyCross likes this.
  9. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Anyway... cropped down some to just the head, and you know I really don't like that flower now that I'm looking at it. Or the petals, anyway. I'm going to have to get in there with an eraser and make those into some kind of different petals.

I'm going to have to look at a bunch of flowers, think about it.

CrossyCross likes this.
  10. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Alright, sitting at 100/250, coming along nicely. I like the tweaks to the flower a lot better now. I think the first shot of them was just a little too... something. Anyway, there was visibly something wrong there, so I toned down the petal shape to something a little less attention grabbing and instead doodled in rough placement for where things have Different Colors and such.

Yeah, I think that came out much nicer.

CrossyCross and Focus13 like this.
  11. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Alright, started sketching placement positioning guidelines for the hand, re-drawing brush angle, then realized that I reaaaaally really didn't want to draw hand and fingers right now. Instead put a little more detail into hair, eye, stuff.

Might change eye later on, but as placeholder that's good.

Edit: changing resize selections from 'dont' to other stuff to see if that helps on some themes.

1600x1200 apparently:

[​IMG]

800x600 or so it claims:

[​IMG]

Edit Edit: Okay, 8x6 looks like it's better on Responsive themes. Also, experienced some bizarre technical difficulties with image host refusing to keep multiple sizes of the same picture or /something/. Not sure if it was changing the image or changing the name that fixed it, but one or the other or both got things rolling.

Anyway, it all looks the same in blackend, so I guess I'll just keep the 8x6 resolution in mind and try to remember to use that!

CrossyCross likes this.
  12. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Hrm.

..... I don't like that thumb. Guidelines for the hand, a background expression face, and some a little more detailery.

I really don't like that thumb, though. Well, it's not solidly in place yet.

CrossyCross likes this.
  13. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Okay, after conversion, at ~120/250.

On the picture, hrm. Still not thrilled with the hand, but those are tricky. Background Seija face.... had to make less comical in the end, it just jarred too much for me to be comfortable with it the first couple of times.

That said, not sure how much more can get done with scratching at it and whitespace is more or less nicely occupied now. Either digital colorizings or I should start doodling a counterpoint Seija with background-akyu. Hm.

14. Chibi-Reaper

Well, this is mildly delayed due to Hilarious Banking Woes that I won't really get into, but that's winding down and everything seems fine, assuming no surprise Last Second Issues to catch me with my pants down so I'm opening this up again. Precise, exact numbers are... still up in the air at the moment, but I'm free for terrible art and original short stories.

Anyway, I've tried a couple of shots at digitally colorizing stuff aaand somehow it keeps on coming out ridiculously and obscenely terrible, I've got the lines slightly but subtly wrong and have to redo from start, I decide I don't like the colors or the colors don't go as well together as well as I thought, or it makes me want to gouge my eyes out and flush them down the commode, or I realize that I fundamentally fucked something up right from the beginning and need to restart from scratch again.

What I'm saying is that digital inking and coloring is Fun and I should probably do a lot more of it to get practice in.

With that said, I think I'll sketch a counterpoint before I start trying to grind my face into digital color again.

CrossyCross likes this.
  15. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Okay, haven't had time to start doodling, but banking woes.... seem to have completely concluded into a normal situation, I hope.

Meanwhile, it's looking like while everyone knows about Hilarious Finance Woes, there's a little more leeway, but I'm still scrambling to catch up on things. Looking like the magic number is again $250, and I'm currently sitting at ~48/250.

So, I'm open up for anyone who's got original short stuff they want written or art they want terribly doodled for them.

CrossyCross likes this.
  16. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Alright, currently up to 108/250, that's great.

Anyway, I said I was going to doodle a counterpoint, but the juices... aren't quite flowing for that one. Instead, I've got the framework set up for something else.

I wanted a broader, flatter nose, and that's looking good. The expression... I want it to be sort of lip-nibbley, but I'm not sure I have that right. Going to need to play around with it a little. The actual lines of the face seem to be off, particularly in the chin, I'm going to have to redraw that I think. Set it better.

Also, those little circles are there because reasons, no need to explain those right away.

CrossyCross likes this.
  17. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Okay. Made a large number of minor tweaks to this and that, may keep some or all or none of them in the end, and scribbled some hair guidelines in for later use.

CrossyCross likes this.
  18. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Nooot solid about pupil size but placement is good. Looks kinda crazy-eyes at the moment.

Made some various tweaks, and guidelines for a bow to come. ... Looks kind of like ear placeholders at the moment, though.

CrossyCross likes this.
  19. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Crazy-eye reduction: minimal, it seems.

Hardened some lines up, softened others, threw in extra 'maybe I'll draw it like /this/ or /that/'s, and did some erasing.

CrossyCross likes this.
  20. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Some tweaks made, more things to tweak introduced, bleh. Still not quiiite sure about some details.

CrossyCross likes this.
  21. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Some more little details, mostly in hair, ribbon, ties. Mostly decided on long sides.

CrossyCross likes this.
  22. Chibi-Reaper

And it's that time of the month again, starting a bit earlier, when I have to sit down and hold out my internet hat. As usual, $250 is the magic number and I'm available for short original fiction or doodles as you please.

Setting that aside for a moment.

[​IMG]

I've been sitting on this for a while, but I finally think I've locked down all the little details. It's about time, and I'm sure you're glad to see that. (What do you mean nobody wanted this in the first place?)

That said, I think it's time to try coloring at it again. I'm sure this time it won't all go horribly wrong!

CrossyCross likes this.
  23. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

In which it all starts to go horribly wrong.

CrossyCross likes this.
  24. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

In which things continue to go horribly wr- okay some of that isn't terrible.

CrossyCross likes this.
  25. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

In which I stand corrected, oh god what is even... I used the same colored pencils on either side of the bow and in the same way, why does everything about one side look so completely different from the other?

Not even mentioning the hair yet. Just. Let's finish this and then try my hand at digital color again.

CrossyCross likes this.
  26. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

What fresh hell is this?

CrossyCross likes this.
  27. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

I'm sorry Chibi, but when I binge this thread your constant "Oh god, what monstrosity of art have I forged this time?" I keep on cracking me up and making my housemates worry.

...that said, it's still better than anything I could possibly make. At least yours actually look like a face. Keep at it then!

Chibi-Reaper likes this.
  28. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

I swear this doesn't look like such garbage as the hardcopy paper I'm coloring! At least, as much.

29. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Why. Why? I genuinely do not understand how that looks so much better once I realized there was no 'tan' colored pencil and decided I didn't care at the last mile and switched to crayon.

Feels so much less professional, clumsier, and all, but in the end aside from that not being the color on the screen that it is on the paper, exactly, that just scanned in so much better.

In any case, Yamame here turned out /significantly/ brown-ish-er than I originally intended but I guess that's fine too. I'll just have to remember that this is what tan and the darker one, whatever it is, sienna turn into as an end result.

.... I kind of want to go back in with a yellow crayon for the hair and a brown one for the eyes and bow now.

Plotvitalnpc likes this.
  30. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Hm. Well, it's better, but it doesn't seem like it goes as 'smooth' when it's over the colored pencil, with some of that.

Oh well. Still need to keep bumping this, so I think I'll listen to the rain and maybe doodle another. Possibly a Remilia?