1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Nigel Burnelli Isaacs Not too sore, are you?

You mean the fact that Alexandria ordered the local PRT director to doctor the Murders in order to lure the pantheon to his city so that they could meet Arianna and recruit her because she is a mole obeying and reporting directly to the Cauldron leadership that will give Cauldron every secret the Pantheon has that they do not already know and that she can sabtage their stuff if needed ? :D

fireball900, Grell23, Divabot and 2 others like this.
  2. tsuknoryu2986

tsuknoryu2986 Not too sore, are you?

I don't think any human language can accurately describe how bad of an idea this is.

Divabot, Slayer Anderson and TanaNari like this.
  3. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 213
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 213

"Have to admit, for a cold recruitment, this works out really nice," Taylor said as she plopped down next to me in bed. She and her dad had worked out a sort of Sunday tradition where she stayed there Saturday night and they spent most of Sunday together. Weekends were sort of a dead time at the base anyway. I usually spent that time with Riley. Or sometimes I just got a nice day off from talking to former supervillains about world threatening crisis. There was a lot to be said about vacations. At least things are getting better, I told myself. Fallen gone, Teeth gone, more and more groups joining our alternative-to-the-Protectorate alliance. Other than the Elite, there no longer were any human threats on this continent that would require our direct intervention. It was nice.

"Definitely could have been worse," I agreed, snuggling up against my partner. Mutant plant spiders just didn't compare. Although Snowball had decided its new place was on Taylor's lap. The thing was cute, in a weird sort of way. I idly scratched between its large, shiny, and numerous eyes.

"Knock knock, lovebirds!" Lisa shouted from outside our door. "I'm coming in! Please have your pants on this time!"

AnnoyancePride. "She only ever does that when she's bringing a visitor," Taylor observed. I, meanwhile, had sent the command for the door to open. Riley rushed in first, while Lisa and Arianna stood in the doorway. ConcernWorrySecrecy.

"Snowball! I've been looking for you everwhere!" Riley chided the gigantic albino spider. It seemed excitedly happy to see her, in as much as the thing had no actual emotions. It quickly hopped off Taylor's lap and scuttled energetically toward its creator. "See, isn't he adorable?" Riley picked up the easily four foot long imitation arachnid. Arianna seemed only slightly put off by the display.

"Umm... sure..." the girl gingerly reached out and patted Snowball, which resulted in much happy purring. "This is easily the cutest spider in the world. I think. Either that or it's the most horrible cat?"

"It's actually made of plant material," Lisa informed. "It's never been a cat or a spider or any other animal. Pretty much a walking Chia pet."

"You made this out of a plant?" she looked at me like I'd just performed a miracle. I guess, in a weird way, it was.

"See, told you she can do pretty much anything," Vicky answered.

"So, umm, what's going on?" Taylor glanced from Lisa to Arianna and Riley. I felt the same concern. We sorta didn't want the newbies around the child formerly known as Bonesaw. That was never the recipe for anything good.

"Relax," Lisa replied. "She's okay with it. Easier to get it out of the way. Like ripping off a bandaid."

"Yeah," Arianna agreed. "Riley's adorable. You two must be so proud."

"Proud?" Taylor asked. ConfusionMisgiving.

"Of your daughter, yes," Arianna replied. "I swear I won't tell anyone that you two created a test tube baby with each other and then accidentally accelerated its growth to the point where she was a teenager."

What? I blinked. ConfusionHorror.

Vicky started laughing hysterically, followed quickly by Lisa. "What have you been telling the new girl?!" I yelled.

"I'm just. Messing around," Arianna said as she laughed so hard that she struggled to speak. "I know. Bonesaw. Not a deal. Can't. Breathe. Pay up."

"Please tell me you got that on camera!" Zach shouted from the other room.

"The fuck do you actually want?" Taylor sighed. ResignationAnnoyanceAmusement. She couldn't hide the smile on her face. Honestly it was kinda funny. I would be getting my revenge, of course, but I gave up pretending not to smile.

"Well, I was just going over new identities with Arianna here, and she's kinda got an interesting request," Lisa informed. "Not a difficult one, but pretty major for us to take care of before all the paperwork is created and passed through the PRT."

"Alright, what do you need?"

"Umm... Vicky said you can change everything, right down to the DNA if you wanted?" for the first time since I met her, she seemed hesitant. One would imagine everything else, plus or minus Bonesaw, would be the scary part, but not in this case.

"Pretty much," I replied. "It's a little imprecise at that level. I can't really predict the changes or understand them. All I do is decide I want the results to be permanent, and my power handles the rest. I also won't be able to change you back to your original genetics afterward. I might be able to get close, but certainly not exact. Too many variables in the code, plus junk DNA, plus innumerable other factors. Once we do something like that, there really is no changing you back."

"But that's okay because we already have your DNA on file for your clone, plus the brain scan," Riley volunteered. "We've had some bad luck with our revival tech and incorrect genetics. Without your original code, we might not be able to restore your powers when we bring you back."

"Good to know," Arianna agreed. "So, umm... you'd be able to turn me into a boy?"

"I... sure?" I answered. "You know you don't need to go to that extreme. I could even make you cosmetically male without doing genetic alterations. A lot easier to reverse that way."

"No, I want the full package," she answered. "Err, no pun intended this time."

"You're absolute certain you want to do it like this?" I asked.

"Ever since I was twelve years old," she insisted. "You're just correcting a mistake nature made. Can you do it?"

RealizationUnderstanding. "Oh... sorry for being so obtuse about it," I apologized.

"Hey, I don't like to talk about it much, either," she shrugged.

"Look at it this way," Vicky added. "We go in, kick ass, walk away with the supervillian mob boss's daughter, and suddenly add a new heroine on our team. Strike me as something people are gonna figure out. This is the best disguise ever. And it's not even like this is a life altering decision or anything. If he doesn't like it, he's back to being a she in a day or two at the most."

"Yeah. It'll be a little more complex than what I usually do when working on people," I told her. Him? Whatever. "The Yggdrasil is easy because it's customized to respond to my power perfectly. You're not. So, first, how old are you?"

"Just turned twenty, why?" she asked.

"There are laws about this sort of thing," I answered.

"Which we'd probably break anyway," Vicky added. "Like I said, this job has the best perks. Ever. Of all time."

"Probably," I admitted. I appraised Arianna. She was pretty tall for a girl, maybe a little taller than Taylor. A nice face, pixie style haircut that suddenly took on a new meaning to me. A fair amount of pudge. Not a huge amount and with her height she carried it nicely, but I'd guess her weight at around a couple hundred pounds. Yeah, there was certainly mass enough to work with. No need for extreme measures to do what needed to be done here. "So, any preferences?"

"Well... I've already got the Italian thing going for me," she started. "So... think you can do a young John Stamos? Sure, he's actually Greek, but close enough."

"Umm, maybe if you get some pictures?" I offered.

"You don't know who I'm talking about, do you?" she looked disappointed.

"Not even a little bit," I admitted. I looked over at Taylor, who simply shrugged.

"Great," she sighed. "Now I feel old. So, uh, will the process be difficult?"

"Not really," I answered. "You have the mass I need. The rest is the easy part. I can't just pull matter out of nowhere when using my power, and fusing other lifeforms together gets ugly really fast."

"So, if I asked you to make me taller, it wouldn't work?" she sighed unhappily.

"Not without it hurting like hell and taking an hour or two," I told her. "But I can tweak your growth patterns a little. Minor growth spurt, not much different than all the others you go through as a teenager. You'll have to wait a few months to get the extra height, but we can totally make it happen."

"Sounds good to me," she agreed.

==============

A/N- I keep making that RvB reference. No one ever spots it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  4. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

"The best perks? Or the worst perks?"

"That too," Victoria agreed, remembering the lab shower.

5. Nigel Burnelli Isaacs

Nigel Burnelli Isaacs Not too sore, are you?

Okay...that one I did not see coming, great update mate I loved the bit with Arianna making fun of Taylia with the test baby things was priceless. Other than that nothing much to add except that her(calling her her until the change is made) cape name has to be Janus and that the shipping chart will love that one.

Oh and little name mistake here:
    I believe you added a "d" to Arianna's name that should not be there.

6. BlackBulletOfSeven

BlackBulletOfSeven Making the rounds.

I always see it, but it's kinda a bit too obvious to comment on without looking like a scrub. I thought it was a "quietly chuckle and don't say anything because everyone already gets the joke" thing.

7. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

Now everything makes sense.

8. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

See! I was right! This is step one of her his master plan!

Seduce Taylor through Italian beefcake!:p

Ryuketsu, dasstan, eNBious and 22 others like this.
  9. evildice

That's ridiculous.

Look at the new guy's age.

He's clearly a plot-gun pointed directly at Crystal Pelham.

10. Faraway-R

Faraway-R Getting sticky.

Okay, just a question. Can someone explain to me where the "makes objects vanish to nowhere" makes an appearance?
    I believe that is because Vicky's new power has told her there are a lot more ways to win at life than Victoria Smash.
    I did. Blame that one guy who posts videos of himself online singing Final Fantasy soundtrack A Capella. He's got some talent, too.

So, since I didn't watch that RvB (Red vs Blue, right?) what's the reference?

11. tsuknoryu2986

Ok, so correct me if I'm wrong. We've now got;
    White
    Italian
    Jewish (to the public)
    Asian
    Middle Eastern (I think Sabah was Middle Eastern)
    Hispanic
    Heterosexual
    Homosexual
    Asexual
    Trans

What groups are left before Pantheon gets a member for them all?

12. Cyclone

Cyclone Disciple of Zor

No Native Americans, blacks, or bisexuals yet, just off the top of my head.

13. The Shadowmind

The Shadowmind Well worn.

Intersexed, Black, Russian, German, Polish, talking animal companion, half-dragons, Orc, Elf, Magical Girl.

14. Cyclone

Cyclone Disciple of Zor

If Russian, German, and Polish deserve special mention, then so should Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Southeast Asian, Pacific Islander, Inuit, Samoan, etc.

15. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

your missing a alien,a robot and a cyborg and a C.H.U.D. or mutant.

16. evildice

Clarice.

17. AyiosKat

AyiosKat Know what you're doing yet?

Greek, Scandinavian, Canadian

daimahou, GBscientist and TanaNari like this.
  18. dasstan

dasstan :)

I honestly thought about bringing this up before this update, then dismissed the idea that she'd turn into a he for non-shipping reasons. Now I wish I had.

[canon!Amy sobbing faintly in the background]
    [canon!Victoria making weird swan-person sounds]

19. pheonix89

pheonix89 Wanna be game dev

She picked up that trick from Bitch's power IIRC, along with telling the square-cube law to go fuck itself.

Tenebrous Fantasies and Divabot like this.
  20. tsuknoryu2986

Once Dragon defects, they'll have Canadian covered.

21. evildice

Saint: "She's not a real person!"

Zach: "That's fine, Canada isn't a real country."

22. Student of Zelretch

Student of Zelretch Put the ice back on my lake. Moderator

Mmm... More like:
    Saint: "It's not a real person!"
    *Dragon walks in in a fully biological, pale body, reading a book with an orange cover*: "I'm sorry, did you say something?"

23. dasstan

...And then Dragon is Kakashi?

Saint: Curse your hip attitude!

24. Sheaman3773

Sheaman3773 (Unverified Writer)

Yay for a trans character!
    ...I didn't get that age at all in the previous chapters. Hm.

Also, assuming that the comments made between chapters aren't just trolling, I'm rather amused by the theme of a sort of distorted redemption that seems to be cropping up in this story.

25. Lantalia

Lantalia Making the rounds.

The like button is broken, it refuses to properly apply double plus ultra likes, I can but like this once *sigh*.

26. Navrin

Navrin Experienced.

Do any of them ever plan on making compensation/restitution to the people they've harmed?

J_Killcrazy likes this.
  27. dasstan

"Where's my restitution?!"
    *points at dead endbringer*
    "Right, carry on."

28. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

You know, they've been active for a few months already. And they've been very active in that time... Something tells me that they probably have been sued or had many complaints aimed at them. For real reasons as well as just people looking to annoy or try for money.

If we haven't heard about them than there's a chance someone is covering them up or dealing with them for them.

Or TanaNari just isn't bothering to show it.

Divabot, Alexandercctv and daimahou like this.
  29. Student of Zelretch

Student of Zelretch Put the ice back on my lake. Moderator

In all fairness, Riley probably is the only one with victims that are A. Alive and B. Wouldn't care that she's gone hero. And odds are some of them would forgive if they knew A. Why she joined the nine, and B. What she's done since she left.

And as for lawsuits: Path to no paperwork. They are allied with Cauldron, yes?

30. Furoan

Furoan Making the rounds.

"So your plan is to annoy/harass the team who can kill Endbringers and has shown the capability of taking out all crime in a city overnight? Good luck."