1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 226- Riley
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 226- Riley

I nodded, and Clarice spoke. "I bring a blessing to your lord, but only to his person, and none other. One does not get to snub divinity." Shatterbird would be proud of my display here, I thought. She'd deny it, of course, and find some way to insult it. But she would be impressed nonetheless.

A voice called out from inside, which Clarice easily picked up on. It was excessively jovial, overdramatic and strange. But unlike my behavior as Bonesaw, this man was not faking it in any way. This is how he wants to act and believes he should act. "Spectacular! I've never met a goddess before! Come in, come in!"

I allowed Bella to descend, and she walked into the building, her wings folded to her sides. Or she pretended to walk. It had taken weeks of work to achieve it, but this was actually a flight subroutine. Bella would mimic walking or running, but her feet would never touch the ground. One of my favorite bits of showmanship. The features were also programmed into the other steeds I had built, of course, but it was designed for Bella.

Nilbog was sitting upon a throne that looked to be cobbled together from modifying a love seat. He was massive, easily four or five hundred pounds, and most of it was fat. His skin coated in a thin greaselike substance that was blotted with the ashes of fires and dirt. "You spoke of a blessing?" he asked with the eagerness of a five year old. It would take all of minutes for a man like Jack to twist this pathetic sap to his will.

"Yes, I did," I answered, still astride Bella. "I am Aceso, I come here to your kingdom on behalf of Gaea, bringing a message from all the gods. An invitation."

"What if I do not believe you are a god, child?" he asked, still smiling. This was a game I knew, feigning haughtiness in the face of a possibly superior foe. Jack might not have written that book, but he certainly added a few chapters.

"Nothing will happen," I answered.

"So you are afraid of me?" he laughed, his multiple chins shaking. Drops of oil splattered down his body. Most people would find him repulsive, I knew. I certainly didn't find him attractive, but I was familiar with worse horrors than he had to offer. I created many of them.

"Not in the least," I answered. "I will simply take my leave of you. Your punishment will be nothing at all. Gods are secure in their power, and unbelievers suffer simply for being unbelievers."

"No!" he insisted. "Gods are mighty and should demonstrate their might. Teach the unbelievers to suffer for the crime of refusing to obey and bow to them. Only weak gods would allow themselves to be ignored. You are no god."

"He's projecting," Minerva informed us. "He was a loner and a loser before getting his powers. He knows what he did to Ellisburg was wrong, but he has convinced himself that they were at fault for treating him wrong. He still feels guilt, though he will of course deny that, even to himself."

"I can prove otherwise," I answered. "Gods have great knowledge. For example, I know that this body you present here is not the real you. That is fine, you may talk to me through your intermediary. More importantly, I know that your kingdom is slowly dying."

He frowned, his mood darkening.

On the other side, I was listening and watching as Gaea and Khepri discussed and worked with Defiant. They're nearly finished. "Add a second shunt device," I instructed them as they worked.

"That's going to slow us down a little," Defiant replied.

"Trust me, I have a plan," I told them. They, thankfully, didn't argue

"Gods have great power, able to perform incredible miracles," I continued, buying the bit of time needed.

"What miracles can you perform, then?" he smirked. "I have slaughtered and claimed my own kingdom. I have populated it with subjects loyal to my will and ready to service my every desire. What miracles have you performed?"

I have created diseases that would scour life from this planet. "I have restored the dead to life," I answered slowly and dramatically, exploiting Clarice's painstakingly perfected voice. "I craft weapons powerful enough to slay other gods. I have seen those weapons turned upon the Endbringers, and then birthed armies from their dead flesh. I offered those armies to my Sister's consort as a tribute." Would he even remember the Endbringers, trapped behind this wall for as long as he has been? "I am the gatekeeper of life and death even for the immortals."

"We're ready," Gaea informed me. She sounded more than a little upset right now, and much of it was probably caused by my speech. Sorry, Big Sister, this mission is more important than your discomfort. I could observe the unnatural calming influence from Taylia at work, making my words more palatable. Khepri agrees that, since this is working, it's the right thing to do.

"Still, it is not my miracles that should concern you here, today," I finished. "I will agree that gods are not always known for benevolence, but we shall show you such blessings today. Behold."

On the side, I gave the command. "Now."

There was a crackle as the large amount of air was displaced and the mass shunted through. A living blob of psuedo-flesh, thousands of pounds of it, appeared. It was more like a large slab of raw roast beef with a pulse than anything else, and it smelled much the same. The outer layer, at least, was Yggdrasil tuned to work with the shunt drives, although the inner matter had been transmuted into something very much animal flesh.

"What is that?" the bloated man-child asked, as dozens of his hidden minions started crawling out of the woodworks. Literally in more than a few cases. They came in many shapes and sizes, most childlike in their natures, three to four feet tall, hybrids of human and animal features. Few were functional lifeforms, clumsy and misshapen and only alive due to his power breaking many of the laws of biology. It seemed that Nilbog was more interested in creating creatures that looked like cartoons than he was in making life that could function as a viable being. They're toys, I realized quickly. No more indicative of his real capabilities than Fluffy was of mine. And created for the same reasons, an escape from loneliness.

"It is the blessing we have brought to you and your kingdom," I answered. "Nourishment and strength for your subjects, enough to restore those you've lost."

His minions rushed toward it, ready to devour it in their hunger and need. "Again," I instructed my friends. The slap of flesh vanished before the goblins reached the target. The ones nearby desperately lapped at the fluids left on the floor where it had sat.

"What is the meaning of this?" he demanded, bellowing his rage as the minions turned toward me. They can kill this Clarice, I decided. Perhaps they could even destroy the newest model. Certainly this old one is doomed.

Clarice, of course, showed no fear or concern. She could have, if I wanted her to. She could be very convincing, but now a lack of fear was ideal. "I believe we spoke earlier of what the punishment for denying gods should be. You claimed wrath and murder. I claimed that the greatest punishment was nothing. This is what I meant. You reject us, and we do nothing. We keep our blessings from you, and you are the one to suffer, while the true gods remain untouched and untroubled."

The monsters kept advancing.

"Attempt to harm me, and we can revoke the blessing permanently," I threatened. "Or acknowledge our godhood and accept our blessings, knowing that we are your betters. You are a king, are you not? Your duty is to your subjects first. Surely, the price we ask is nothing to the reward that comes from it?" Fuck you, Jack, I thought angrily in my head. Everything you used on me and others, all the tricks to manipulate the vulnerable and the unhinged. They are lessons I will never forget. Fuck you.

The corpulent Nilbog avatar growled at me, causing his whole body to ripple. The goblins around him, however, stopped their approach, following cues that Clarice's sensors and my own deduction concluded was based upon smell, although I lacked enough data to understand those messages. "Very well," he finally spoke, feigning boredom. "You have proven you are indeed worthy of your claim to godhood."

Clarice nodded, and I didn't even have a chance to speak before the slab of flesh appeared where it had been before. My team had clued in on the plan. It landed on several of the goblins, who made a series of unhappy noises that quickly turned to ravenous joy as they started feasting upon the meat from their trapped positions. A couple of the minions cut a comparatively small, but still several pound, chunk out of the thing and brought it before Nilbog.

His eating habits are even messier than the Siberian's, I decided. Much of the material falling in bloody splatters across his body. Smaller, froglike creatures then crawled over him, lapping away the spilled mess. Nilbog moaned at the sensations of the cleaning.

I heard Lisa retch in disgust. Highlight of my day, I decided. Clarice and I simply waited patiently until the gorging had finished.

"Now that you have accepted our blessings, hear our vision for the future of your kingdom."

Nilbog, still moaning lightly as the creatures scuttered across his body cleaning him, smiled at me. "I'm listening."

"You are hated by those outside this wall," I started.

"And I care?" he asked.

"I expect you do not," I admitted. "But would it not be better to have neighbors beyond your kingdom? To hear tales of other lands? To have a kingdom more suited to your desires? My sister can provide all those things. A kingdom where the land itself serves your desires just as your subjects do."

"You can do that?"

"With ease," I answered. "Behold."

I activated our dimensional viewing system, granting the Goblin King sight of our world. We were geosynchronous with a great dome lit in blues and greens. The walls were full of alcoves, some bright and some dark, promising an infinite variety of tunnels for the goblins to roam and explore. From my real body's perspective, I could see the inspiration that Gaea had used, the heart and circulatory system. It was incomplete, of course, but it was still massive and could be expanded upon almost infinitely.

Nilbog reached out to touch a wall, and his hand passed through the illusion. He looked at me in awe and suspicion. "What is this?" he asked.

"A vision of the future," I offered. "We can grant you that kingdom. You will be able to abandon this forsaken and dying kingdom in exchange for a territory whose beauty and bounty defies imagination. In exchange for swearing your loyalty and fealty to the God-Empresses of Avalon."

He kept trying to touch the walls of the faux ventricle that would be part of his new home.

"Yes, yes, this is truly a miracle worthy of godhood," he remarked appreciatively. The basis was Minerva's idea, using an animal body as inspiration. Passengers influence their hosts subconsciously, and in the case of someone like Nilbog with absolutely no other influences to muddy the waters, he would be as strongly motivated by the Passenger's desires as anyone could be. In this case, that influence took the form of alien worlds and biosystems. He'd be compelled to love this creation the same way an infant is compelled to love their mother's attention.

"Then your oath of fealty?" I insisted.

"You have it," he agreed eagerly, his fat rippling like a slow motion view of a water balloon right before it burst from his excited bouncing.

"Good," I replied. "Now, let us discuss your first tasks as a vassal of the gods."

=================

A/N- Clarice takes all her school's drama and literature classes.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  2. AyiosKat

AyiosKat Know what you're doing yet?

Hahahah! Time for the 40K references guys.

Nice chapter, are they going to keep Nilbog alive? Or swarm him with Endbringer!Zerg?

3. dasstan

dasstan :)

Nilbog is far more useful dead than alive. And, depending on how far into his royalty psychosis he is, he will keep his word.
    That was beautiful. And she used naughty words. O:

4. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

I think that since they've committed to making that space for him, they're going to keep him alive and useful.

After all, Taylor and Amelia are many things, but they try to stick to the deals they make. The violation of promises like this leads to dickishness. Coil-level of dickishness, where you deny needed things to people just for the lulz.

We should all strive to avoid that level of dickishness.

5. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I suspect the plan is to get him to take his death plagues with him to a world they don't mind being wrecked.

Or possibly stick him in one of Riley's memory donks and reprogram him to be more palatable. Such as removing his issues and making him a (if you squint really hard) functional human again.

6. Divabot

Divabot KILL ALL THE HUMANS

Well, he was coming back to humanity by the end of canon.

7. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

I meant to quote this earlier. Yay for references being gotten!

Are you kidding? She'd be required to wear her battle armor. Ceremonial robes are for people who haven't killed Endbringers.

Thank you. Some people probably remember it. And it's not cheesecake.

Should be obvious considering whomever it is happens to be boss of the rest of Faultline's crew.

Heh. Look at my posting hours and tell me if you can find a patter. I sure can't.

There is an international (planetary) treaty in place forbidding access other worlds (aside communications). This agreement has been amended recently to only apply to worlds inhabited by sapient life. Pantheon intends to adhere to this treaty.

How did you miss that?

Seems pretty obvious: Politics. Don't worry, you'll get some more insight on it in the next Lily interlude. Which is planned for the Leviathan rematch!

No. No 40k references. That was a Dune reference. Because Dune is original. And an actually interesting setting.

8. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

But it can't be a Dune reference as there's no God-Empress with a Golden Path.... unless... CONTESSA!

9. thatavidreader

thatavidreader Getting out there.

I had thought Nilbog was even more out there than is shown here. Can I confirm whether it was shown that Nilbog really does start regaining his humanity towards end of canon? I do remember the fight between Jack and..Skitter? in front of Nilbog in canon, but cannot remember how Nilbog's final fate. Nilbog.

10. ProdigiousThunder

ProdigiousThunder Know what you're doing yet?

[​IMG]
    WHAT?! You don't like the grimderp?

11. abyssmal_kismet

abyssmal_kismet Experienced.

Nilbog's final fate was to be killed by Jack in the sub-dimension the S9K slept in.

Tenebrous Fantasies likes this.
  12. Navrin

Navrin Experienced.

When Lisa queries Dinah about the viability of plans, which of these two questions is she actually asking?
    "What are the odds of success if this plan is followed?" or "What are the odds of success if we go in with this plan?". If they could afford to dedicate the questions asking both would be best, of course, but if it's just one I would probably lean strongly towards the second question.

13. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

https://parahumans.wordpress.com/2013/11/02/teneral-e-1/ Spoilers!

evildice and Divabot like this.
  14. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

That was Blasto.
    Nilbog shows up in the Glastig Uaine interlude in the epilogue and iirc is in therapy with Dr Yamada having joined the Wardens.
    EDIT: thanks for the link, Tanuki!

Just to be clear, Nilbog is going to be dumped in Australia, right? Such spectacularly lethal fauna just wouldn't be right anywhere else.

15. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

so thus begins the Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom with Nilbog as king Bowser and Clarice being adopted as the Mushroom Princess,though i must admit we need to give Riley a better fan-nickname other then The Mad Combat Medic. What about The Valiant Docter. who?

fireball900, daimahou and ZomBguy like this.
  16. Deltawaves1

Deltawaves1 Getting sticky.

Is there an up to date story only version somewhere?

17. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

I just love this whole story-arc.
    That's... quite a resumé.
    that comes from it
    retch

18. Snake/Eater

Missy is the Geometry Veteran
    Zach is the Prince Of The Universe(there can only be one)
    Theo is the Fullmetal Sentinel
    Arianna Eric is the Rebel Anomaly(needs something different because it now he's a guy it just sounds mean)
    Amelia is THE BOSS
    Taylor is the Insect Disaster Warrior (i have no clue what to call her)
    Riley is the Mad combat medic(or Valient Doctor)
    Clarice is The Mushroom Princess
    Sabah is the Fashion Rogue
    Lily is the Unstoppable Shooter (i feel like it could be better)
    Lisa is The Intel Queen
    Rey is the Wacky Doctor
    Trevor is the Only Sane Tinker
    Vicky is the Fighting Wildcard (BORN TO BE WILD)
    Crystal is The Heart of Pantheon
    Emma is the Scrappy Engineer(needs something better).

19. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

Don't worry TanaNari, I got got the reference right away... Though to be fair, I don't know much about 40k...

In Dune it's true there's no God-Empress; but there IS a God-Emperor.

Sorry, this (and possibly SV, not sure if TanaNari ever got that mirror up) is the only place for up-to-date Amelia story posts. SB only has up to 174 or so, and the order of about 20 chapters is different.

That said, the first 174 or so chapters on here are almost story only. For the transfer to QQ, TaniNari was posting like a chapter every 2-3 minutes in waves of like 30 chapters at a time, so the biggest chunk of non-chapters you're likely to find is like 1/2 a page before the next wave of chapters starts, with at most a post or two between chapters otherwise.

Taylor is Big Sister. (because she can do everything Big Brother can, only better)

Lily is the Overkill Archer.

Looks up and correlates all of the chapter posting times.

I've done it! I've found the pattern!

...No wait...that's the pattern in Pi....Guess I'll have to look harder...

20. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Honestly I thought the term God-Emperor went back to Rome or Egypt, and since Pantheon is very "classical gods" in their incest and smiting naming schemes, that's where my head went.

She just needs a lightning-and-thunder machine.

21. Snake/Eater

Riley is now leveled up to crazy cute to badass to awesome Goddess,Clarice and the others will probably get the glory of saving the day,but i hope Riley will know that she made a difference.

Divabot, daimahou and TanaNari like this.
  22. Snake/Eater

I love it,i will put on the list
    still not sure ,but i guess it will do

Missy is the Geometry Veteran
    Zach is the Prince Of The Universe(there can only be one)
    Theo is The Fullmetal Sentinel
    Arianna Eric is the Rebel Anomaly(needs something different because now he's a guy it just sounds mean)
    Amelia is THE BOSS
    Taylor is the Insect Disaster Warrior THE/IS BIG SISTER
    Riley is the Mad Combat Medic(or Valient Doctor)
    Clarice is The Mushroom Princess
    Sabah is the Fashion Rogue
    Lily is the Unstoppable Shooter OVERkill Archer
    Lisa is The Intel Queen
    Rey is the Wacky Doctor (for now but it seems he's going to need a new nickname)
    Trevor is the Only Sane Tinker(he is the first and hopefully not the last)
    Vicky is the Fighting Wildcard (BORN TO BE WILD)
    Crystal is The Heart of Pantheon
    Emma is the Scrappy Engineer(needs something better).

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    Prince Charon and Divabot like this.
  23. Bool1989

Bool1989 The Cat that was Promised

I dont believe that there was a God-Empress in 40k ether

daimahou and TanaNari like this.
  24. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

FTFY

Snake/Eater likes this.
  25. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

Lisa could win some major points if she comforts Riley after this is done. Just hugging her and calling her a good girl would be a big deal.

Lisa really needs a friend in the group that isn't Taylor.

Actually I would kind of like to see Lisa form a relationship with Victoria considering how similar they have been acting lately.

26. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

No, this is exactly the wrong thing to say. These words should in fact never be spoken within 20 meters of Riley.

That's the phrase Jack used to make her into his own little genocidal toy-child. They are words that she REALLY doesn't like and would drop Riley's approval rating towards Lisa by another 50 points or so just by saying them.

27. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Yeah let's let Lisa's power figure out the right words to say. The point about comforting Riley is a good one.

With all the Thinker / lie detector powers on this team, the thought really might be all that matters, since they can pierce through false intentions so readily.

28. Snake/Eater

I agree, the idea of saying "good girl" kinda scares the crap out of me as a reader.Riley might trigger,laugh then then have a nervous breakdown..... Then UNLEASH THE BONESAW on herself.then she regenerate's as the next Doctor.Doctor....Who?

Divabot likes this.
  29. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

Doing a reread of the chapter.
    something very much like animal flesh
    It is the blessing we have brought to you
    I would phrase this as 'small, but still several pounds heavy, chunk'
    No corrections, just basking in His magnificence.

Also, why do I get the feeling that this is a toned-down version of what you were originally going to write?
    I hope there's an actual ceremony where he swears fealty to Khepri/Gaea.

30. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

The Sphinx made me fear for Bella's virtue. Nilbog is one crazy customer. It would take two encyclopedias and forty psychologists to even begin to understand his kinks.

Volkogluk, Divabot and TanaNari like this.