1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. dasstan

dasstan :)

I'm kind of curious as to GU's motivation, here. Is she unaware that the cycle is broken? Fighting Scion is the only way for the fairy courts to continue.

2. Xaliuss

Xaliuss Getting out there.

So what was Eidolon doing against Khonsu? We saw Alexandria, and Legend was mentioned, but no information on the most important person there.

3. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

Didn't Eidolon say he was holding back from Endbringer fights due to his waning powers? Wasn't that the reason he found the raise-all materia combo (FFVII reference) for the last Endbringer?

TanaNari and Pathos like this.
  4. Funcio

Funcio Not too sore, are you?

Well. I´m surprised no one suggested to give them a empty Earth to colonize, they would have their freedom and would be keep from the rest of the regular human population, it is not as if penal colonies are a new thing after all.

Snake/Eater likes this.
  5. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

It might seem like a good idea, but eventually you get Australia. :p

Doing a reread:
    Brockton
    I think this is the first time an emotion sensor built into a suit has been mentioned.
    preadolescent
    abuse her power."
    The shipping begins.
    In retrospect, he probably should have been more specific.
    "This is not an exit."
    hologram of Tattletale?
    There were a lot of hints sprinkled in, weren't there?
    That comes in the next version of the suits.
    weapon."
    then yes I decide
    missing "
    second later she

6. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Positively orgasmic, ain't it?

It's not that I concern myself with that as much as I concern myself with respect for the author. It's an integrity thing.

*Shrugs* Take it up with Wildbow. I'm running on her already canon behaviors.

I like to think there's all kinds of easter eggs in my writing. :p

Next chapter up in a little bit.

Ryuketsu, Jiven, Volkogluk and 3 others like this.
  7. Abcde

Abcde Making the rounds.

TanaNari likes this.
  8. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 233
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 233

"This is getting absurd," I sighed. "I get keeping the Birdcage closed, though I want it known that I will consider certain specific members being released lawfully, now that we know we can remove them from the facility without losing everyone." Canary being one of them, I added silently. I wonder how the woman would react to learning Bonesaw is one of her biggest fans. "But that can wait. For now, if no one's willing to contribute a game winning weapon, there has to be some of you that can help us do the fighting. Pantheon's willing to foot the bill, do all the frontline work. You've seen our weapons, you know our capabilities. We just need a way to keep it from escaping to heal itself."

"We can provide that," the cloaked figure offered. "I, my sister. Others may help." His English was understandable, if a little choppy. "You got revenge on the Third for destroying our homeland. Doing so hurts us, we rely on our enemies not knowing what we can do. We must extract a payment from each of you. For you, an oath to slay the others."

"We've made that promise many times," I agreed. "We'll do everything in our power to kill all of them. Some we do not yet know how, but we will try to learn."

"We're investigating the idea that the Endbringers are made by people," Dragon informed him. "If we locate the creators, I can promise they will not survive."

"Dragon, offering to kill someone as a favor?" Saint mocked.

"You misunderstand," she responded. "I would capture them and turn them over for legal trial. However, as they already have kill orders preemptively assigned upon their discovery, the sentence will no doubt be carried out quickly. Or, depending upon which organization locates them first, possibly quite slowly."

"Acceptable," the man replied. "The Endbringers, or their makers, For the rest, we will ask other favors when the time comes. India is gravely wounded, and the jackals circle us. You will provide us aid to drive them off."

"We can agree to that," Doctor Mother replied.

The others glanced at one another. Dragon nodded after some hesitation.

"Very well," the man from the Elite replied, and others murmured their ascent. The shadow-wielder chose not to respond.

"Moord Nag?" Doctor Mother asked. "What would it cost us to bring you on board?"

The woman and her shadow looked toward the woman in sequence. <Let them all die. I am content to watch the world burn. Scavenger and I shall draw strength from the fallen.>

“Can I ask who she is?” Faultline asked.

Minerva replied, while the woman from the Birdcage translated Moord Nag's sentiments to the others. “Moord Nag. Warlord based in Namibia. She's managed to survive for eight years in a place where warlords measure their lifespan in weeks. Subjugating other warlord and establishing a level of relative peace otherwise unheard of in the region. And she was strong enough to do it alone.”

<Not alone,> the woman responded. <With my Predator.>

“She said she’d be willing to let the world burn, before,” the woman from the birdcage said. “I don’t think you have an ally there.”

“From her attitude,” Saint added. “I don’t even see why she was invited.”

“I’ll ask you the same thing I asked the others,” the Doctor said. “What would it take for you to fight, here?”

<I cannot spend my power. It must remain strong to protect my people and my neighbors.>

“She can’t spend her power, not without-”

“Without providing dead to restore the balance," Doctor Mother replied. "That is a hard pill to swallow."

“No,” Dragon spoke. "It is not acceptable in the least."

<Five thousand, it matters not if they are criminals, they may be infants or elderly or the sick and dying. Merely that they are alive when given to the Predator.>

“No,” Dragon said, before the translator could speak. "We don't need her. Our limitation is mobility. Hurting the Endbringer enough to force its withdrawal. As Pantheon has pointed out, we have the muscle needed to hurt it, if given the opportunity."

Even if she walks away, she'll still kill people to keep her Predator strong I realized. "Can we kill her?" I asked via our private com. "Not now, but later. She's the worst kind of monster."

"More harm than good," Lisa answered. "She's a celebrity in her region, viewed not unlike us. She predates on the guerillas and slavers that would harm her protected territory, and subsists upon the elderly and sickly that willingly offer themselves to her. If we take her away, then five thousand people will be murdered, or worse, in a weekend."

Fuck. Moord Nag and her Predator turned simultaneously, leaving her podium. <Wait!> I shouted. <You say you need human life. Is nothing else an option?>

<Only the death of mankind can satisfy the Predator's need,> Moord Nag answered. Hmm, minor translation bug, that.

<I might have an alternative,> I offered hesitantly. I pulled from the biomass, pushing to onto the table as I worked it and crafted it. Human DNA was easy enough for me to simulate, I didn't need a reference sample. I shaped it, building the bones and the meat and the blood. The nervous system. Everything from the neck down was indestinguishable. Above? The skull cavity was filled with a matter that could only be described as amniotic fluid. Completely human, female, but without any more of the brain than strictly necessary to keep it very much alive. <Try this,> I offered, feeling more than a little sick to my stomach.

A light gust of wind brushed across the area, and my creation, still in its Yggdrasil egg. It was set gently down in front of the African warlord. The shadow, now wearing the skull of some kind of dog, merely neared the thing. The Yggdrasil withered and died almost immediately. The contents no doubt didn't fare any better. <It works, but is not satisfactory,> was her answer. <A meager imitation of the strength the Predator draws upon.>

I cringed. <It may be meager, but I can offer them in large amounts. Grown as numerous as apples in an orchard.>

"Ames... what are you doing?" Vicky asked. "I... that... you know what those are?"

"I do," I told her. "There's no better choice. Whether she joins this battle or not, all other options are worse."

<And your price is to have us fight the Endbringer?> Moord Nag asked.

<Can you use your Predator to touch something without killing it?> I asked.

<Of course,> she answered. <It is a simple matter.>

<Then I can offer you more,> I answered. <A great deal more. A garden that grows more of them. Five hundred a day. In exchange, you must swear never allow your shadow to feed on people again.>

<Impossible,> she responded. <You would cripple my ability to defend myself from my enemies. I cannot accept such an arrangement.>

<Then only in self defense,> I amended. <You will never need to murder to remain strong. In exchange, you will join every Endbringer fight from now until we finally find a way to end them for good. Once that day comes, we will renegotiate.>

<I find this an unpleasant arrangement,> Moord Nag answered. <Still, it is acceptable. The contract is sealed.> She turned and left, the shadow with her.

"I'll discuss matters further with the Thanda," Lisa said softly. "Vicky, stay here."

Around us, discussions had broken off into smaller after arrangements. Chevalier and Doctor Mother agreeing to a followup meeting. Lisa finding out what the Thanda could do. Saint speaking to one of the Birdcage residents. I listened in on it all, but didn't really hear any of it.

"Amelia?" A voice asked. Vicky stepped between us.

"Sorry, she's not taking visitors," Vicky threatened.

"It... it's okay, Vicky, I'm fine," I was lying, of course, but right now encountering my estranged supervillain father was easier to stomach than what I'd just done. Anything to not think about how I was now selling lobotomized infants to a monster.

=============

A/N- I got bored with my characters (and readers) being happy. Back to mopey emo time!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  9. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

DARKEST FIXFIC

Ryuketsu, dasstan, Lilbob and 21 others like this.
  10. Inverness

Inverness The Foxiest Wife

GU is confident, but delusional.

She thinks the "rebellion" was intentional, but we know from Contessa's interlude that it is certainly not. Scion has no grand design, he is wallowing in grief while expending minimal effort to keep the cycle on track, and that's only from big, obvious things that might disrupt it like String Theory knocking the moon out of orbit.

trebuchet, Ryuketsu, Xidas and 14 others like this.
  11. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

It occurs to me that Pantheon still has the ability to permanently remove powers. If that were to be offered as an additional cost to the people who would be freed from the birdcage, than they wouldn't be able to cause problems when they were released. They could even record how they were connected to their shards and make them retrigger when it comes time to fight Scion.

12. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

Repeating Doc Mom twice. Second time is Dragon,maybe?

Need quotation marks in front of Not.

Tenebrous Fantasies and TanaNari like this.
  13. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

i dont think that is viable,the treatment that i will nickname for convience Tonbogiri (after the sword that was so sharp that a dragonfly landing on the edge would be instantly cut in half). Tonbogiri is only temporary and it was implied that there were painful side effects,what makes people in to parahumans makes them physically not human,but Cauldron has the means to take away powers and make them human again.

14. Sheaman3773

Sheaman3773 (Unverified Writer)

But it was Threadmarked! :p
    Bet Eidolon never expected to have a kill order on his head.
    Was that canon? I know she had to feed to get stronger, but I don't remember it being quite that cut and dry. Could be misremembering, of course.
    < at the front, " at the back.
    That's...one way to look at it, I suppose. Or you're just manually crafting something that looks human, inside and out.

But, you know. Go ahead and pick whichever choice makes you feel worse.

15. Snake/Eater

the worst part is its implied that she was using either Taylor or Vicky's dna to make the Zombie babies.she used someone's dna without their permission...now Amelia's going down a slippery slope. Heres another song,this is Massive Attack's "Paradise Circus"you don't need to be an English major to see why the song fits.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  16. Jackercracks

Jackercracks At Two With Nature

The slope may be slippery, but this particular step is very much still on the right side of the line. I see this as no different than making a garden that grows cows. In fact, it's more humane than cows. Closer to farming shrimp based on the description.

Ryuketsu, Xidas, Rapey_Lemons and 6 others like this.
  17. Snake/Eater

still,she made a braindead-baby without that's donor/mother's consent then fed it to a monster,lets hope nobody in her entourage(Lisa) brings it up...shit,that will turn ugly. here's a song that would match zombie-baby's feelings about it,

18. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

What? Amelia's about to reunite with her father. Happy happy happy.
    territory
    Where do you get that from? She says how she got it:

TanaNari and Sheaman3773 like this.
  19. Snake/Eater

oops,i guess i jumped the gun...it's still a f'd up...even for me.

20. tkioz

tkioz Getting sticky.

Jesus that baby thing is creepy... Still I suppose justified in a way.

TanaNari likes this.
  21. Snake/Eater

Poor kid.. he never got to be a killer whale:(

22. dasstan

I'm not all that disturbed by the baby garden, actually. Not sure why they have to come out in human form though, so long as all the parts are there, she might as well edit it to make them grow inside of a casing. Like a nut.

23. Jackercracks

Eh, I judge life based mostly on how smart it is. Dog>cow, cow>mouse, mouse>cockroach This thing's dumber than a cockroach, it has the brain function to pump blood and that's about it. Would you feel sympathy for a heart beating in a tray? Would your shed tears for some kidneys slowly cleaning blood on a table? I ascribe this thing less agency than a songbird and less importance than a chicken. Chickens are smart enough to walk and peck grain, even bugs know to take action and find food. Plants do more thinking than this thing ever will, at least they grow towards the light and send out roots. No sentience, no sapience, no will nor wisdom. It's only because it is human-shaped that anyone cares at all. Make it cow-shaped with the exact same features and we'd all be talking about how great it is that she solved world hunger.

That's no brain dead baby, it's a slab of meat that happens to have a working circulatory system. It is in fact more humane than normal farming practices which non-one (include me) bats an eyelid at.

24. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Oh thank god, I'm not the only one who thinks like that!

Without a brain and no potential to ever develop a personality, it's just a farm animal that happens to be shaped like a human fetus. Less actually because farm animals do develop personalities.

*pre-edit*

Exactly this.

25. Jackercracks

Speaking of which... Did she just solve world hunger? I'm pretty sure she just solved world hunger. Base the next one on cattle DNA and spread the forests.

Ryuketsu, Nyrath, fireball900 and 9 others like this.
  26. dasstan

Honestly, what she has there is a prototype for easy peasy organ harvesting. Or humane ways of testing out new medication without the need to subject animals to it. Or... any variety of things, really.

PineTreeq and doomlord9 like this.
  27. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

Pantheon may have only used the temporary version, but that does not mean that there is no permanent version. The canon omake extinction events implied pretty heavily that it was within their capabilities.

28. Snake/Eater

Amelia...a story so dark that zombies have to fear being eaten by humans.

29. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

Hello Teacher.

Can they kill off Saint now in two weeks, after everyone returns home? Amelia could craft a virus right now that only affects Saint and won't show any symptoms for [insert delay timer here], after which he dies in minutes. If nothing else, Taylor could plant microscopic tracer bugs on everyone.

30. moontheir4

moontheir4 Nothing to see here. Move along.

Edit:Yeah it's more or less all been said already.

Pretty sure they did that with the Yggdrasil way back when.