1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

Hurray for Sveta! Can't wait to see your interpretation of her and her humanized powerset.

2. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

He was a Ward at the time. He's loosely the same age as Miss Militia. So late 20s as far as an age guess goes.

SwiftRosenthal and dasstan like this.
  3. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

Translation: "So long and thanks for all the fish!"
    http://www.thefrisky.com/2012-04-10/how-to-eye-bang-like-a-pro/
    heh.

Obliviated fan and daimahou like this.
  4. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

i think Chev's name should be Isaac because of three reasons he's the opposite of Zach in personality,the meaning of the names would be similar Zach(God's laugh)and Issac((God) will laugh) and the last reason is because of my personal fan theory that Chevalier's long lost brother is...............Jack Slash! because in the bible Jacob had a brother name Esau which is similar to Isaac.

5. nebelmann

nebelmann Making the rounds.

Wonder if Pantheon will get desperate enough to start mass cloning (and lobotomizing extra copies?) its members to throw in Endbringer battles. They come pretty close to this solution.

TanaNari likes this.
  6. Threadmarks: Omake: Choice of Words
    Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

Choice of Words​
    "High Emissary, Lisa? Really?"

"Hey, we've gotta keep in theme here. Besides, I made some titles up for you guys too!"

"Oh hell no."

"So get this: Amy is now 'Mother Empress', Taylor is-"

"Mother Empress? The fuck?"

"Ah hem! Taylor is 'Lady Pontifex', The Endslayers are 'Divine Fingers'-"

"No. Absolutely not."

"Hands, then. Divine Hands."

"Lisa, you've got a call on line three."

"-and that's why Missy's new title is- wait, who is it?"

"Someone named Rebecca~"

"GIMME THAT! Ah yes, hello Ms. Costa-Brown, what brings me the pleasure of this call?"

"..."

"I didn't know we had anything planned with the PRT today, Amy."

"We don't. I whipped up a voicebox to match her tone."

"Oh that is just evil. Make it say dirty things to her."

"..."

"Ha! Look at how red she's getting!"

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    Snow908, Ryuketsu, Syphi and 91 others like this.
  7. Snake/Eater

brain dead clones are powerless in canon,they need a active will to use their shards.

TanaNari likes this.
  8. dasstan

dasstan :)

I wouldn't say that they're all that different in personality, deep down. Zach and Chevalier are both determinators with troubled pasts and missing loved ones.

I also dislike thematic names for characters. Chev should be something innocuous like Christopher, or William, or Matthew. Once you start down thematic names, you're going to end up with an Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

9. Snake/Eater

I guess you and me have opposing views on naming people or characters...then again in real life i have 4 names that mostly have a theme....:(

10. Sheaman3773

Sheaman3773 (Unverified Writer)

As a metaphor to explain it to Riley, that makes a lot of sense, and I approve.

In the actual fields of science, that's one of the things that pisses me off the most about the current culture. Just throwing that out there.
    Excellently timed. I'm glad we'll be seeing more of him.
    And of course Riley is a yaoi fangirl. Nothing else would make sense!
    ...so apparently you don't actually need an empathic bond to recreate Taylia. Fascinating.
    Naturally. Why wouldn't it? It fits their MO pretty well, albeit more Ziz's than any of the others.

11. Mogget

Mogget Know what you're doing yet?

So the Endbringer coming to Brockton Bay can mean a number of different things. It could mean a full on pattern shift now that Eidolon is fixing some of his inadequacy issues, it could mean his subconscious is looking for a chance to prove how much better he is than Pantheon once and for all, or it could just be general Endbringer "fuck everything up" style.

12. Godwinson

Godwinson Making the rounds.

Or it could be Eidolon unconsciously trying to eliminate Pantheon.

Ryuketsu, Faraway-R, Divabot and 6 others like this.
  13. Snake/Eater

he is sooooooooooo fired when Alexandria finds out...

14. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 267- Sveta
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 267- Sveta

"Sveta?" a man's voice spoke over the intercom. "Are you awake?"

I don't sleep, you moron. No, no, it's not their fault. There's so many of us, I can't expect them to know everything about everyone. "Y-yes, I'm here, doctor." The anger isn't their fault, and it's not my fault. It's what my powers have done to me.

"We have a special guest for you, if you want to meet her," the doctor told me. Special guest? I felt my body getting riled up. Its territorial nature flooding me with aggressive instincts.

"Okay, you can open the window," I told him.

"She'd like to come in and meet you in person," the doctor replied. My hundreds of tendrils flexed and pulsed their outrage at the idea of someone entering my domain. I fought the instincts and anger as much as possible.

They're trying to help me, I forced myself to remember. If I can get acclimated to people, they can let me go out, meet others, not live in this room with only the computer to know what's happening in the outside world. "Okay, we can do that."

My tendrils moved in anticipation of the visitor, pulling me up above the door, waiting like an ambush predator. No this is wrong. I hid my vulnerable sensory organelles in the cubbyholes, safe from attackers as I prepared myself for the attack. Stop it!

Then she walked in, without a suit at all. She's beautiful. She dies! The tendrils lunged, and she jumped further into the room, a quick tuck and roll, then bouncing sideways as more of me tried to catch and kill her. A sudden burst of light blinded me for a second, and I screeched in rage. Then she gripped one of my sensory tendrils, and I froze completely. I can't move, if I move I'll die!

How does she know this? I've been so afraid of my body, I've killed so many, and she can stop me with a caress that wouldn't intimidate an infant? How?

"Hello, Sveta," she replied with a smile far too calm for someone that just did what she'd done. "I'm Victoria. You can call me Vicky if you like. It's good to meet you."

"A-are you going to kill me?" I asked. "I wouldn't blame you, not after the things I've done, after I tried to kill you."

"That was your power, not you," she answered. "Your power's messed up. Damaged. It was never meant to be given to anyone. You're not to blame."

Is that true? She sounds so certain. "You better not be lying to me," I threatened, my tendrils writhing angrily. But she had hold of the special place, all my threats were meaningless, because all she had to do was squeeze, and I would die. That doesn't make sense, I know I've been injured there before, it didn't kill me then. But my body's instincts thought it would, and they were remaining absolutely still to hope it didn't happen. I don't want to attack her, and my body's afraid to. For once, I didn't need to fight these instincts.

"I'm not," she assured me, still almost infuriatingly calm. She swayed, even, like a plant in the water. It was hypnotic, soothing. My body started to relax. She's not a threat, she's not an enemy. She's safe, a part of the environment. "They're called Passengers. They give parahumans their powers. Something is wrong with yours, and that's why you're like this. Yours and the others like you have Passengers that were never meant to be inside people."

"So... I'm an accident?" I asked.

"It's more complicated than that," she replied. "I can tell you more about it, but it would take time that we don't really have. I know you've been told that we're healing the Case 53s, as best we can, right?"

There were rumors, mostly online. The doctors said that maybe I'd be one of them, but I needed to be patient because there were a lot of people asking for help, and some of them were even worse off than me. "Yes, I heard something about that," I answered.

"You're one of the tricky cases," she told me. "Most of the ones I meet, we can wait until after we've healed them before asking questions, because we'll only be healing the body. In order to fix you, we'll have to rework your brain. Make it so you no longer try to hurt people. Will you be okay with us doing that?"

There wasn't even a moment of hesitation. "Yes," I agreed. "If it means I can be normal, then yes."

"Can't do 'normal'," she answered. "You'll always have your powers, I can't undo that. And your powers are really, really strong, Sveta. The kind of power that can be used to hurt an Endbringer. I want to ask you to join Pantheon. You don't have to. The Protectorate would be happy to take you. Or you can join one of the colonies. Or, with your power, you can get a good paying job and live wherever you want."

"Why do you have to ask me now? Instead of after you've healed me?" I felt agitation return to my dozens of limbs. If she's trying to trick me.

"Because there's a piece of equipment that lets us know if someone's brain is being messed with by powers," she explained. "It's normally used to spot mind control powers, but it will register the changes I'm going to need to do to your brain. So if we wait until after I heal you, you won't be allowed to join Pantheon ever because it might make people think I messed with your brain to make you want to join. You have to decide before being healed. Don't worry, I promise I'll help you either way. It's just... as strong as you are, and as much as you could help our team, I have to ask."

"How do you make my power not want to kill you?" I asked, suspiciously. She was still shifting from one foot to another, swaying her body in a way reminiscent of belly dancing. Very tame belly dancing.

"It's how my power works," Vicky answered. "I can sense danger, and how to avoid it or fight it. I don't know why this works. Makes me feel like I'm pretending to be drunk. How does it look to you?"

"You're pretty," I admitted. "If I join, will I get to work with you?"

"Not right away," she answered. "I have to help the other Case 53s. You'd work with my cousin in Los Angeles at first. Even get to meet Alexandria, probably. I promise I'll talk or visit when I can, but I'm really busy."

"Okay," I agreed. "I'll join you. What happens now?"

I looked at the girl staring back at me in the mirror. "I... I'm beautiful," I muttered. I hesitantly brought a hand up to brush my face. I have hands, now. My skin was still pale, almost white, but at least now I looked human. The tendrils on my head were changed to black, and made a pretty good imitation hair. They swept down my back and fused into a mass that became my neck, then trailed down into a teenager's body. I was petite, skinny, but mostly normal looking. Standing here naked in front of the mirror, the only distinctive oddities were the lack of body hair and my solid black eyes.

I looked at Vicky. "Thank you so much," I wept. Actually wept. I have tear ducts! I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed. I felt and heard the crunching as her ribs collapsed and her spine breaking under my strength. "Oh god I'm so sorry!" I screamed.

"I'll be okay," she insisted. "Just... loosen the grip, but don't let go." I felt her body shifting through my skin, as bones popped back into place and mended themselves. "See, not a big deal. For me. Just remember to be careful, okay? You're one of the highest ranking brutes on the planet right now, and it'll take time before you figure out just how fragile normal people are." She laughed. "Even after you do, you have to be careful. There was this one time when I accidentally broke my boyfriend's hips. Lucky that my sister's a healer, right?"

"Yeah," I smiled. I didn't get what she thought was so funny, I was just glad that I didn't hurt her.

"This is Crystal," Vicky introduced me to the blond woman. "She'll be your team leader. Crystal, this is Sveta. She doesn't have a hero name, yet, but I'm sure you can work something out."

"H-hi," I smiled nervously. I'm meeting so many new people, I'm not used to this. What happens if I- Vicky put her hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry," she soothed. "Your old instincts aren't coming back. You're just shy, that's all. Don't worry about that, Crystal's good people. And there's nothing wrong with being a little shy."

"There's not?"

"Not even a little bit," she answered. "I mean, I'm not shy. Like, at all. But my sister is."

"Your sister's an Empress," I replied.

"Exactly," she acted as if that was proof of her point. "She's shy, her fiancée is shy, and now they rule a planet together. So don't worry about it if you're a little shy, too. And whatever you do, don't allow some dumb bimbo make you do things you don't want as an attempt to 'draw you out of your shell'. Make sure you do what feels right for you, not what others try to make you think that you should want, okay? Just because you're the quiet type, doesn't mean you can't tell people to respect your opinion, got it?"

"Yeah," I agreed, smiling broadly. Smiling still felt fake to me, because my muscles didn't work quite like a normal person, but Vicky promised me it looked fine. "I'll remember that." This is a chance for me to have a life. Maybe not a normal life, but one where I can be free and happy. I won't let it go to waste.

==========================

A/N- Yay, Sveta's happy! And has a body that's at least cosmetically human!

... Know what would be an incredibly dick move? Letting the Endbringer kill her.

15. The Shadowmind

The Shadowmind Well worn.

Could you use a small version of the cloned body and Chevy;s power to transplant the the hollow endbringer body around a person?

Buggy123 likes this.
  16. Snake/Eater

i wish you had a Scene where Sveta feels the sun for the first time in her new human and made it in to a bittersweet awwwwwwwwww moment. it was a good character intro

Buggy123, Veronica Mars and Zarohk like this.
  17. powerofvoid

powerofvoid Versed in the lewd.

Less so if she comes back via Eidolon Shenanigans.

18. Snake/Eater

This is similar to my human/Endbringer hybrid army idea....from earliar

TanaNari likes this.
  19. powerofvoid

powerofvoid Versed in the lewd.

Maybe Eidolon or Alexandria could swing Sveta around like some kind of whip. :3

TanaNari likes this.
  20. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

Vicky touched Sveta's special place!

So, her tendrils coiled together in the shape of a human and she just "unwraps" when it's go time?

21. dasstan

In this chapter, Victoria sexually assaults someone and it all turns out for the best.
    breaking

I'm guessing her utility against the Endbringers is going to come from her secondary thinker power, rather than from her durability.

22. Snake/Eater

i have to put a song that i slightly think goes with the Sveta chapter.this is Sleeping at Last's "light".finally a dream comes true in the Ameliaverse.............Rily will meet a human super hugger:D

23. Sheaman3773

Sheaman3773 (Unverified Writer)

breaking* has been noted already, but--man, that was a weird shift. The entire thing felt flat. I don't know if you meant it to, since she could just fix herself, but it did.
    So just be shy, and you too can rule planets!
    Lovely advice to read, for once. So often it's the other way around.

24. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

You should name that so I can make it an omake.

She has secondary thinker powers?

Zarohk likes this.
  25. Snake/Eater

her tentacles had a instinctive weakness finding thinker power that was always my theory.

26. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Yeah. But your theories are 95% god awful.

Got actual in text evidence, or WoG, to back them up?

27. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Stop that! :D

Edit - I know you like this. You probably get off on tormenting your readers by trying to out Ziz bloody Ziz in paranoia.

Magnificent bastard.

TanaNari likes this.
  28. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

Titled it "Choice of Words."

Also: Yay, I've been recognized!

Nice to see Sveta get some help, hopefully she finds someone out there with a serious tentacle fetish.

"Maaaaaadissooooooooon?"

29. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

She's busy being dead right now.

30. dasstan

Honestly, I was just using the "not a threat, part of the environment" thought from the chapter itself as basis for it. Unless she's got a Brute Yes rating like Lily has in her suit, there really isn't all that much she can do on durability and strength alone.