1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

*Is beat to death by angry pilot*

Buggy123, Volkogluk, daimahou and 2 others like this.
  2. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

But what if he's more biggerer and powerfullerer than the pilot?

What if his butterfly net is actually a mesh of powerfullerines?

~ ~ ~

On the one hand, I'm happy Trolleviathan isn't going down like a chump, but on the other hand I do kinda hope this Endbringer fight doesn't go on for too long.

3. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

I figured out the sword....it's a weaponized wormhole,Emma weaponized a miniature wormhole(definition:A wormhole is a theoretical passage through space-time that could create shortcuts for long journeys across the universe. Wormholes are predicted by the theory of general relativity. But be wary: wormholes bring with them the dangers of sudden collapse, high radiation and dangerous contact with exotic matter.).

4. dasstan

dasstan :)

N..n..o?

Missy is a weaponized wormhole. The sword is a weaponized timehole.

TanaNari likes this.
  5. Snake/Eater

The theory of general relativity predicts that if traversable wormholes exist, they could allow time travel.

6. dasstan

dasstan :)

That sword is hardly traversable.

Simonbob and TanaNari like this.
  7. Finbar

Finbar I trust you know where the happy button is?

The question now comes....

A) Where is Leviathan? This has to do with his Range. What is his range?
    B) Are there any spare Swords o Doom?

8. sephlington

sephlington Making the rounds.

As a macro-scale hydrokinetic who creates tidal waves by hydrokinetic-ing the ocean, I'd say he has a pretty damn good range. He could be miles away. He also has the speed to flee if anyone comes near him, if they can even find him. I don't think they're gonna end this endbringer today.

tordg, Diller, daimahou and 1 other person like this.
  9. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

And this is why Amelia and Taylor should have created aquatic crimes against nature, they could find where Leviathan is.

10. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

Can we get Vicky a cannon?

11. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 296- Sveta
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 296- Sveta

Another tsunami rose up, this one larger than the last. It collided hard against the shields, and I watched a number of the silver panels shatter like glass. My eyes saw through the dark and the rain without difficulty. It had taken me an embarrassing amount of time to realize humans needed light in order to see, while I was comfortable reading in absolute blackness. Another Leviathan surged up on shore, only to be met by one of Khepri's giant monsters. For a moment they looked about evenly matched, but then the Endbringer started pushing the monster back. Another monster slammed into its side, slamming it to the ground where it splashed into water again.

More than a match for one of those things, not a match for two. That was a good baseline for strength. I'd seen what those weapons could do against Wendigo, I knew how they compared to my own abilities. I grabbed a cable on the bridge and tugged, using my strength to slingshot myself into the city and then onto the roof of one of the taller buildings near the coast. I was one of the most mobile capes, on par with Alexandria even though I couldn't fly. But more importantly, I was in my element here.

I'd learned a lot in the last month. What Passengers were. What Scion was. What was done to me and why we had to fight so damn hard just to survive. I also knew that somewhere, some assholes decided that it they'd rather watch the world burn than try to help. They built these incredible creatures, and instead of using them to help prepare and fight Scion, they used them to murder people by the millions. They were the only people in the multiverse that I hated more than Cauldron for turning me into a freak.

I felt the ground shudder beneath me. In the time I'd been in LA, I'd learned what an earthquake felt like using senses that no human had. This was a tiny one, not even a one on the scale. A quick aftershock followed. No, another quake, stronger than the first. Still not something a normal person would notice. The tremor carried through the water as well. Or the water carried the tremor. This is how he destroyed Newfoundland and Kyushu. He's using the water to carry a frequency that destabilizes the ground. Forces an artificial earthquake.

More copies appeared. The monsters were able to react to them faster than sight had any ability to achieve. Especially since I didn't think they could see in this kind of storm. I felt the noise a couple seconds later. They were using echolocation.

Khepri has the clones handled, I decided. She doesn't need my help. The city itself needs my help. As if to punctuate my thoughts, another tremor struck. This one a one and a half or so. Enough to be felt by normal people, but only barely. It was much worse than the last, however. And the effect wasn't changing. The next one would be a lot worse. Another step up on the Richter scale. At this rate, the city wouldn't last more than half an hour.

No one else can do this, I thought grimly. I dived into the ocean.

"Sveta? What are you doing?" Victoria asked. She'd still be above, doing whatever it was she could do to help.

"Finding Leviathan," I answered. I was glad for the armor covering my face. I didn't need it to breathe down here. In fact, I didn't need to breathe at all. The bit of theorizing we could do on my body, the bodies of many Case 53s, were samples of alien species collected by the Entities in their travels. I couldn't begin to imagine the kind of nightmare world that would evolve Garotte. But I could survive deep space as well as anything this planet had to offer. Except maybe swimming in lava, and I could probably handle that as well.

"Are you insane?" Vicky exclaimed. "Sveta, you can't fight him. Not down there. He can't be beaten in the water."

I'm not going to watch another city die because I wasn't good enough. "Funny," I responded. "Neither can I."

"I'm relaying our best estimates of his coordinates to your armor's GPS," Dragon spoke next. "It's not precise, but it'll narrow down your search radius to approximately a half mile. You'll also note there's a predictive software being installed. That will at least give you some idea what tactics he'll try. It's imperfect, but it's better than nothing. I'm sorry we can't do more for you."

"Dragon's patching me through to your coms," Alexandria relayed. "I'll be right above you, along with a few others. When you find him, either bring him up or bring me down. We need to get him out of the water if we want to kill him."

"Right," I answered. At least I have some kind of backup. I lashed out with a hand, slamming my fingers into the rock and pulling myself forward. I felt the water pulse around me as I surged forward. Victoria may have reworked my brain, tricked my body's instincts into treating people as part of the environment, no more a threat than the floor or the walls. But those desires still remained beneath the surface. The source of my waking nightmares.

Now things were different. Now I was embracing that killer instinct. I could react at these supersonic speeds, I could see with perfect clarity, and I was ready to become a monster in order to hunt a monster. The earth shuddered again, this time approaching a four.

"I'm going silent," I told them as I lashed out and found another purchase to pull forward. I wasn't certain how my instincts knew where to grab things strong enough to support my strength and acceleration, but I did it without fail. Meanwhile, my free hand pulled my mask up, exposing my nose and mouth. I inhaled deeply, or as deeply as my body would let me since I lacked an esophagus and lungs. I was hunting by scent now. Salt water blending with fresh water. Leviathan's been here recently.

I kept going, running by scent and hearing and sight. Echolocation. Strange, the animal life doesn't seem afraid. A little of me, but there's no response of instinctual fear to the Endbringer. I know he's around here somewhere, why are the animals unafraid? Is he hiding from them?

The earth shuddered again. Another quake, this one probably in the low six range, way higher than anything I ever experienced before for certain. They had to be seeing the damage, now. Not merely that caused by the quake itself, but the unnaturally constant and slowly increasing shudders. The memories of Kyushu and Newfoundland. It must be terrifying for them, those millions of innocent people who have no hope of defending themselves, facing this kind of nightmare. I had to help them.

I felt the movement first, twisting away as a claw came at me from nowhere. I dropped to the ground and kicked away. How did it get that close? I got a look at the Endbringer up close and personal. Leviathan surged again, and that predictive software Dragon told me about registered how he would move, warning me of the trap I was about to blunder into. I dived forward, instead. Garotte's instincts taking charge. For once, with my encouragement and permission. My arm shot forward, wrapping around his throat and pulling me forward toward the rival in my territory.

The software alerted me again. His water echo still worked underwater, and was coming right for me. I rolled back, kicking the fake Leviathan with my right foot, clearing the path so I could kick his actual body with my left.

I twisted as the software alerted me to his follow up attack, but he was far stronger and faster than I was down here. He caught my right leg and slammed me hard into the ground. There was nothing dignified about how my body behaved when hit hard enough to do damage. I had to look like a girl shaped stress toy being crushed by an angry body builder. He was still holding my leg as he gripped my shoulder, punctured it with his claws, and tried to rip me in half. I screamed in agony. I should have counted myself lucky that I stretched further than he could reach, but the pain was incredible.

I need help, please let them be where they promised. I didn't have time to think, I just reacted. My one good arm punched out of the water, several hundred meters above. I couldn't aim, but I didn't need to. Alexandria caught my hand, and let herself be pulled down.

Leviathan reacted with superhuman speed, stomping down on my waist to keep me pinned against the ground so he could have a hand to fight the most durable of the Triumvirate. My lower half started rebuilding itself. Tendrils, again. A dozen of them went into building my somewhat human legs, but the damage Leviathan did to me forced them to revert to their natural state. I'd probably cry over that, later. Right now they were too convenient. I wrapped around Leviathan's legs and arms, pulling hard against him. I couldn't overwhelm the monster, but I could slow him down.

Alexandria pressed the advantage, impaling the Endbriger with a vicious looking barbed spear. She kneed him in the face with the spiked plating that Pantheon gave her, and a new weapon appeared in her hand out of nowhere. A bladed chain far too long to be practical even if such a weapon could ever be practical. She wrapped around his arm, catching a couple of my tentacles in the process. They were severed almost immediately, but kept attempting to strangle the Endbringer. I knew from experience that they could live for several hours, vainly attempting the task I'd given them before they were removed.

Alexandria started pulling upward even as I felt the water shift around us. A pillar of air was forcing itself down into the sea floor.

Eidolon, I realized. We need time for Eidolon. I wrapped around Alexandria's spear and pulled it into Leviathan, trying to force the weapon deeper into his body. Through, if at all possible. I let go of Alexandria and grabbed the other end of her chain. It cut into my flesh with alarming ease, reminding me that I was still vulnerable, even if very little could hurt me.

The Endbringer was legitimately struggling, now. He was strong enought to beat one of us. Maybe even both of us. But Eidolon was a different subject. The water shuddered around us as Leviathan called his next trick, trying to crush us with sheer pressure. As far as my body was concerned, it was nothing more destructive than a water balloon. But the ground below us cracked and splintered under the weight.

He then used that water pressure to retreat, hitting speeds beyond what I was capable of reacting to. And then stopping a second later with enough force to actually hurt me with the shockwave. Three of Pantheon's Endbringer killing monsters had appeared from nowhere, blocking Leviathan's retreat with their own bodies. They looked the way a car did after being hit by a train, but they stopped his retreat. More started to appear around us. And then we were out of the water. Legend, Eidolon, Victoria and Atropos as well.

I let go. My body was shattered and exhausted, but it did the job I needed to it to do. Alexandria threw me clear before falling back herself. Leviathan took the chance to run, only for another monster to manifest out of nowhere, blocking him. He turned again, going for an opening between a pair of them, and a third manifested in front of him.

Its tusks caught one arm, and the pair it tried to pass between turned and caught his sides. Three more followed, slamming into Leviathan from behind. They struggled for minutes before forcing the Endbringer to the ground. A stream of cleansing light struck the pile, and when it dimmed only Leviathan remained. Clearly battered, but still functional, the Endbringer climbed to its feet.

Silver forcefields manifested, overlapping the monster. Hundreds of them bathing the area in light while containing the Endbringer. It wouldn't last forever, but it was a reprieve. I tried to force myself to stand, but my body didn't respond. Then Atropos moved, diving into the effect. The shields didn't shatter like they had when trying to hold back the ocean. This time they simple disipated like smoke where she passed. Moments later, black wingtips extended from the shielding, then dipped back in, then came out again. She rose out of the barricades, carrying a chunk of material roughly the size of a human head in her hands.

To say she crushed it would be wrong. There was no pressure, no struggle, no breaking. She simply brought her hands together, and everything between them ceased to be.

Leviathan was dead.

====================

A/N- Sveta gets her crowning moment of badass here.

Sure, she got her ass kicked, but damn if she didn't look good in the process.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  12. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Ah. I thought you had a legitimate point, not merely complaining. My mistake.

Umm... there's nothing stopping their current crimes against nature from working in the water.

Vicky smiles at Chevalier. "I already have one in mind.

13. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Dang.

Sveta is awesome.

Buggy123, Faraway-R, TanaNari and 4 others like this.
  14. The Shadowmind

The Shadowmind Well worn.

So what type of planet would forces species to evolve into something Garrotte in order to survive?
    Maybe something like GJ 436 b, that has exotic ice, and fairly high temperatures.

TanaNari, Snake/Eater and Divabot like this.
  15. Snake/Eater

It is...the the wormhole sword has two openings on both sides of the blades involving time dilution one side goes back the past,the other side goes forward.by hiting the endbringer with both at the same the intense pressure of so called exotic energy aka really double negative energy,and with the holes being narrow the greater the energy. So somewhere forwords and backwords though time and space there are pieces of Levi out there that wasn't distroyed.

16. UltimateGrr

UltimateGrr I trust you know where the happy button is?

Lily may be the Endslayer, but how many people can claim to have wrestled Leviathan in the ocean, and make that thing WORK for its win?

17. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

As she said, she didn't have to kill it. All she had to do was hold it still long enough for the ones who could kill it to get there.

Teamwork. It wins.

18. powerofvoid

powerofvoid Versed in the lewd.

19. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Yesh.... Svetta is a octopussy ^_^

20. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Is it just me or does anyone else get the sense that the creature Sveta was made into and what Leviathan was modeled after were both aquatic predators from the same planet?

21. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

splintered

Snake/Eater likes this.
  22. Beyogi

Beyogi I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well this was impressive. Now the nation killer has bitten the dust. The first three have been annihilated. I wonder what the next one will do.

TanaNari and Divabot like this.
  23. Sequal

Sequal Getting sticky.

Wait, wait, wait! That's the last of the original three! Are any of the new ones city destroyers and/or is it finally wedding time?

24. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

It's never been my impression that Leviathan was "modeled after" any living creature.

Leviathan was a semi-autonomous weapons platform for terrorism.

25. gatewaewanderer

gatewaewanderer Wandering Fool & Intermediate Lurker

Something that can't be held down with brute strength, presumably. So probably another fast-moving Endbringer.

26. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

IIRC, we weren't made aware of this fact until now. I always thought of them as All-Terrain Units.

27. SamPardi

SamPardi Versed in the lewd.

Four out of eight known Enbringers down. I think this calls for some celebration at least. ^.^

TanaNari likes this.
  28. ReoRak

ReoRak Probably alive.

I have to admit I was really hoping for a Scion interupt, if only to reinforce just how far above the main characters it is. (And yes I know Worm clearly paints just how terrifying he is, but in universe Pantheon have never seen firsthand anything close to what they're truly up against.)

TanaNari and Divabot like this.
  29. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

Assuming you're doing that on purpose, I hate you.

If not... well, I still hate you :p

Also, no. There's no chance in hell I could overpower anyone in any military position whatsoever. I'd probably be winded just from walking from the gate leading out to the hanger.

I'm assuming there's plenty of spare doom weapons of various kinds.

Man, people are going to be so pissed and confused when they all realize that the Endbringers are, basically, an accident.

Well, I've got some good news and some bad news Sveta...

30. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

And then double up on that for the very large immigrant populations from those places...
    There are at least 4 ways for me to take that, all of them awesome.

TanaNari and Snake/Eater like this.