1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Knight Does Not Die with Empty Hands [F/SN / Infinite Stratos / ???]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by EnderofWorlds, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Great her Spark broke. And now we have a Semi-Fledged Planeswalker on the loose.

Par Tzu likes this.
  2. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

Not true; magic =/= planeswalker. There's way more to it than that.

Gregory Crey and Par Tzu like this.
  3. EnderofWorlds

Inderlude II: Spirit of the Planet

She slumbered. She rested in agony as her favored children tore into her flesh to fuel their own base desires; but the pain only brought her joy. Is it not a duty of a mother to provide for her children? To help them grow so they may ascend to greatness without the coddling of their caretakers? The pain she felt now was simply the proof that her children are willing to do whatever it takes to survive and thrive, that they were putting their own ambitions above all else.

When she was born, she knew nothing but the cold embrace of the void; seeing nothing within the void, unable to reach out for anything in it's darkness, she turned inwards towards herself. And it was there she found life, and it bored her; filling her with apathy and borderline disgust. It was only when she struck out at them in boredom that she saw what they could become. As the felt pain, they fought to overcome it; becoming smarter and stronger, feeling triumph and through their victories. Feeling sorrow and despair at their losses. It was through their eyes than her vision grew, that her understanding grew.

So she pushed them; sending more and more challenges their way, all to make them stronger and wiser so that she would grow in turn. When they finally grew enough to understand her presence, they lauded her with praises of adoration. Even the largest of them, with it's voracious appetite, towering presence, and maw filled with flesh-rending teeth; bowed to her.

So she killed them all, these towering colossi of scale and claw, for they were weak. Weak because they submitted to her and her will. So she called upon what she could reach from within her grasp and pulled it towards her, smashing it against her very skin and killing her pitiful children.

And from the ashes and pain rose a new race; one that seemed far more pitiful and frail than the last. Needing the cooperation of his peers and armed with no natural tools, she was ready to wipe the slate clean once more out of shame.

...Only for one of them to kill their own; using a stone they had sharpened. The purpose was unclear, it wasn't for survival or necessity; it served no purpose and arguably weakened the species as a whole. And the way it was done; using something besides what they were born with to rend flesh and shatter bone. It was nothing she had ever seen before; so she stayed her hand, and watched.

And in watching, she had discovered her favored children; for they embodied all that she desired. They went forth and dominated their lesser kin, both for survival and for sport; forcing them to fight against one another for their own petty wants. They learned to strive for things for reasons beyond mere survival; creating arbitrary purposes and goals to further what pleasure they could attain in their lifetimes, purposes that served to do nothing but bring them contentment and satisfaction for following them, regardless of the consequences. It was then that both they, and she, learned sadism; and they both loved it.

So she pushed them more; denying them the worthless baubles they put needless value into, getting them into greater conflicts with one another, denying them more and more to force them to greater depths for the sake of survival and to fuel their greed, their thirst for blood and petty desires.

And again they did not disappoint; tearing at one another like jackals, with only the strong thriving as the weak died off. Greater and greater did their depravity grow in order to fulfill their base desires, making more and more terrible tools and tactics to further their goals. Ripping what they wanted from her flesh so that they may know not survival, but mere comfort. And in this pain, so too did she grow, and flourish.

They had torn away at every available part of her, except one; her essence. A flaw in her grand design, she had let stray fragments of her essence formed when she had struck herself grow and become life of their own. She had left them alone, letting them commune with her favored. However, they were weak like her early children; trying to make her favored children weak with compassion and worship. These wretches made her favored abandon her essence out of fear, instead drawing upon them for such power instead.

So she struck them down; devouring what was once a part of her and returning it to whence it came. She perverted their messages of worship and compassion into hate and fanaticism; another outlet for her favored to wage war and kill, another petty reason for them to use for their own base wants. However, they still could not grasp her essence; still following the worthless warning of those worthless aspects. They feebly grasped at the edges of her power, like frail wretches incapable of taking what they desired; the very opposite of what she desired. She lamented at this failure in her children; but could only blame herself, for it was her oversight that let those diseased vermin that were once of her loose.

But then, she felt it; one of her children ripping out her essence like a lion ripping out the tendons of a gazelle. The pain was nearly overwhelming; but it mattered not, for finally her children had found the one last resource they have yet to ravage, and now they were going to tear at it like piranhas. Now, she can finally reveal herself; telling them that they were her chosen, that she was proud of what they had done, of every aspect of them that led to greatness.

But it must be done carefully, and slowly; lest they end up like their worthless predecessors. Immediately, a plan sprung into her mind: she would speak to the one who breached that final wall. Reward them with the knowledge of her existence, and use them as her voice to her favored. That way, they will know of her desires, and her of theirs; and together, they will rise to even greater heights.

Yes...all she had to do now was wait, and eventually they will listen...

4. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] A shocking response that nobody saw coming

5. Olive

Olive Getting sticky.

*Mouth open*
    *Mouth close*

So Gaia is going to talk to Houki in her mind? That'll end well.

Par Tzu likes this.
  6. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Time to reveal our L33t knight skillz.

Par Tzu likes this.
  7. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

8. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

9. EnderofWorlds

The moment the announcement finished, you tried to get a hold of Houki, but couldn't. All throughout the week you tried to contact her, and it was only on the last day that you finally got through. The moment you did, you were greeted with the sight of machinery, wiring, and tools spread throughout the room; to the point you couldn't even see the floor, the walls, or even the roof. There were also several monitors on, one on the news while the others had complex numbers and formulas you didn't understand. In the middle of it all was Houki on the phone, speaking in...Chinese?

"...Suǒyǐ, nǐ huì xīwàng tāmen yào jùjiāo jìnzhàn ne? ...Hǎo ba, tiáokuǎn shì kěyǐ jiēshòu de ma? ...Hǎo; hé jiàgé gōng cí xīn? .........Bù, wǒ bù huì wān tāmen de de jiàgé, nà shì wǒ zuìhòu de bàojià. ...Gǎnxiè nǐ, zhè shì yīgè hěn gāoxìng yǔ nǐ zuò shēngyì, zǒngtǒng xiānshēng."

She hangs up then notices you're there, "Oh, hey Ichika; sorry, I've been kinda busy with...well, you know..."

You decide to cut to the chase, "Yeah, that's why I'm here: why Houki? Why do this? I mean, if this is what you were working on for the whole year; then what was it for? I never though you'd end up doing something like this. I don't understand..."

Houki sighs, and says, "Because of you, and what you told me after the Incident. You told me that all we can do is fix the aftermath and work for a better future, and that's what I'm going to do," she stops for a moment, then continues her speech, "My sister made Infinite Stratos as a space exploration device first, then turned it into a weapon of war to grant my childish desires. She upset the balance of the world by introducing something that could wipe out armies and kill millions with ease..."

"But I intend to change that; to show that they can be more than a weapon, to make sure that the IS goes down in history than a weapon who's past has always been of war and conflict. My sister may not be willing to work with the world to make that happen, but I am. Already, I've been contacted by Japan, Korea, China; most of the Eastern Hemisphere and the world has been trying to talk to me, to make deals so I can work with them on developing their IS's. Not just for weapons, but for things like medical attachments and for disaster relief, even environmental control! People are already seeing the possibilities, and if I can take charge of IS development; I can make my goal a reality!"

You take in Houki's passionate speech, along with the memory of what you told her a year ago, and smile. You tell her, "I'm glad that you've managed to find something to do to move on from that. That you found a goal to aspire towards; something to make the world a better place. It makes me proud to be your friend."

Houki blushes and looks away, "Oh, stop it; I not some big hero or anything. I mean, I'm just doing this to make up for what I did; even if it was an accident. Not to mention, my sister would never-" Just then the TV with the news cut it.

"Breaking News: Just today, the location of the founder of Infinite Stratos; Tabane Shinonono, was just discovered! The reclusive genius who created the latest technological marvel in the world was just found in the United States of America, at Washington DC. For months the world has tried to contact this elusive woman, only to find her coming right to the doorstep of one of the most powerful nations in the world."

"What's more shocking is her reasons for revealing herself: as of now she has arranged a deal with the United States government for her help in IS development and production! A scant week after her own sister had revealed her own intentions to the world. She as also offered the same deal she has with the rest of the world; just like her sister. Is this a retaliation? Or merely a challenge between siblings? More at..." The two of you tune the rest out as you both try to reconcile why Tabane, someone who holds nothing but apathy, if not outright hatred, of mankind decided to do...this?

It's Houki who come to the answer first, "...A competition. We did it as kids when we were together; so she thinks we're doing the same now. Who can make the best IS; me or her? Nothing malicious, just trying to see which is the better of us."

She smirks and says, "Alright nee-san; challenge accepted. Get your allies and resources, and we'll see which of us is the better genius here..."

Meanwhile, you're still worried, "Houki, are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, the two of you won't take this too far, right? Especially Tabane, because-" Houki holds out her had and cuts you off.

"I know, and I won't let it get that far; if it starts to I tell her to stop. And she will, because I asked her to. Even if it takes me bringing out the puppy-eyes or worse, surrendering; I'll make sure another White Knight Incident never happens. Not on my watch."

Hearing Houki's reassurance, you smile and say, "Alright, I believe you. And I know you can do it, because you're Houki; the smartest girl I know and my best friend."

Houki smiles right back, "Yeah; by the end of the year, I'll have nee-san beat and show that I'm the smartest of the two of us!" You both laugh at the silly boast, and then get to simply talking about how everything else has been and hanging out. You considered offering your help, but not only could men not use the IS, but the whole thing itself was in something beyond your own capabilities. So you'll just support your friend and encourage her to do her best; it's all you can do for now...

The fallout of Tabane's announcement changed the world once again; as lines were drawn and sides were chosen. While the Eastern Hemisphere such as Japan, China, India, and Russia, had sided with Houki the West with the Americas and EU went to Tabane for her services. Countries were handing out everything they could to the two sisters so that they could reap the benefits of their intellect; money, resources, staff, anything they needed or wanted. All for the chance to reap the rewards of a competition between siblings.

The balance of power began to shift; as more and more people began to value the IS and the Shinonono Sisters over other things like oil, gold, or even wheat. The strength of a country became less about how much money it had or how strong it's military was; but how close they were to a sister or how powerful their IS's were. Some even began to argue that it wasn't even the nations that had control of the world, but the sisters who pulled their strings for their own purposes. Some had even jokingly called this the 'Sister's War', because the two of them were 'battling' over Infinite Stratos and how far they could take it; how advanced they could make this already wondrous technological creation to see which of them was the greater scientist.

In three years, by the time of the second Mondo Grosso; IS was already in the Third Generation in terms of development. What could be considered years, if not decades, of development was done in a mere fraction of the time. More and more were nations giving to the two prodigies, all in the hopes that it would make them more powerful beyond their wildest dreams, and raise their nation to greatness like no other. Not only getting the strongest weapons, but the most advanced technology for mundane uses too; as the sisters began to introduce some of the basic capabilities of IS for use in other things; already the anti-gravity technology and shielding were beginning to see use in things such as vehicle transportation and shelter construction.

All the while, you were continuing with your life as normal; going to school, hanging out with your friends, and still dreaming those dreams. However, even you were affected by the changes in the world, or just with changes in general. Because your sister was the IS Representative of Japan, she was often busy and gone from the house most of the time; meaning you had to take care of things yourself. Soon, it was you who was cooking, cleaning, and generally managing things around the house while your sister was either gone or tired from work.

At school, it seems that Hikari's family had decided that she had learned enough of the world beyond their compound and have taken her out of school. Fortunately, you could still talk to her via the wristbands. That, combined with Houki's new obligations, meant that you spent more time with Rin; playing with her and spending time at her family's restaurant. Not that you ignored your other friends; just that she was there more often, so you spent time with her. If anything, you were seeing Houki more than before too, as she would often go and talk to you or warp over to your place to unwind from the stress of dealing with politics and innovating IS; even spending days at a time to get away from it all. You even had a guest room set up for her.

Also, because they were constantly badgering you and because you had no one else to spar with; you joined the Kendo Club. And left in a week once you beat everyone. Three times in a row. Still rather dissatisfied with the whole experience, you joined the Fencing Club. And beat them shortly afterwards too; including the instructors, and they're some of the best in the world. Then you tried Bōjutsu. Then Kempo. Then Wing Chun. Then Krav Maga. You went through every possible club or class involving combat the school had to offer; and mastered them outrageously fast. Every club you beat then proceeded to hound you for membership, and you had to frantically hide from them. Fortunately, fortune smiled upon you, as you managed to somehow hide from them in plain sight; as if you presence, while visible, wasn't noticeable.

As for the dreams; they continued on: tales of heroism and defeating the odds; beating twenty men in a single battle, to questing for the Holy Grail, to even fighting in wars. You continued to see the tales of what you could only call the Perfect Knight, and proof that he deserved that title. You also saw the King he rallied behind and served, the cold yet just king; who seemed inhuman, but for the sake of being a greater ruler for his people. However, it felt that something dark was on the horizon, as the wars continued on, the king seeming uncaring of it all, and the people beginning to be wary of their leader...

But now, it was time for the Second Mondo Grosso; and for your sister's second claim to the title of Brunhild. Watching her fight in the stadium from your seat, you could already tell she had it in the bag. You were watching it all in person, from one of the best seats in the whole arena; you sister asked you to come for 'moral support', though it was more likely to make sure you were nearby and to keep you entertained with her performance. Also probably because Houki gave her the ticket to give to you, though that was more of a hunch than anything else.

However, from you seat, you noticed several suspicious looking people watching the fight with interest; far more than the rest of the crowd. At the end of the match, one of them pulled out a phone, while the others were talking to each other, occasionally gesturing to nee-san.

You had a bad feeling about this, and you wanted to find out what was causing it...

[X] Rush in and confront them personally, your instincts have never been wrong before; they're definitely up to no good
    [X] Wait, confirm what they're up to; sneak up on them and learn what you can
    -- [X] Make sure your sister doesn't worry; leave a note saying that you're going to be in the restroom or something
    [X] Write-in

10. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

[X] Rush in and confront them personally, your instincts have never been wrong before; they're definitely up to no good

Lancelot, go!

11. Selias

Selias Well worn.

-- [X] Make sure your sister doesn't worry; leave a note saying that you're going to be in the restroom or something

12. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

13. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

14. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

15. ZurigaSungama

ZurigaSungama Signal from Sadatoni

16. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

If we have For Someone's Glory we should take advantage of it no?

Edit: After reading Piperman's update I have only one thing to say.

*Clears Throat* [X] DEAR LORD LEAVE THE NOTE. LEAVE THE NOTE MAN!!!!! :D :p

Black Knight vs. White Knight is far to epic to pass up no matter the mental, emotional, or physical scarring it causes us.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  17. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Right, this is becoming something of a habit, but the GM hinted in the mirror thread that leaving a note and thereby causing our sister not to come to our (likely unnecessary) rescue will eventually lead to Black Knight (us using KoH on an IS) vs White Knight, which would be awesome.

18. chrnno

chrnno Time Traveller

That is enough for me.

19. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Well, in that case:

20. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Ah, must have misundertsood then. Though I still want Laura to get that tutoring...

21. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

22. ZurigaSungama

ZurigaSungama Signal from Sadatoni

Mmm, can you smell that? It smells like... metagaming.

23. chrnno

chrnno Time Traveller

Hum... Ender forgot to update here.

Anyway this specific situation is pretty much impossible to not metagame since we have no IC information AND none of the options particularly stick out as something this Ichika would do.

24. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

He forgot to update here three times.

25. EnderofWorlds

It's a bitch and a half to have to reformat everything when I transfer it here; I'll get on it in a bit, alright?

26. chrnno

chrnno Time Traveller

I can understand that. Though while you can't copy from SB to here you can copy from here to SB and have most things working correctly since here it shows bbcodes in quotes and edits.

27. EnderofWorlds

As much as you wanted to rush in and beat whoever these people were senseless; you needed to find out what they were after, and if you're instincts were right. That meant following them and spying on them, gleaning what information you could. Not to mention, even if you did rush up and beat their faces in; you'd have to explain to the authorities why a kid like you ambushed grown men, and you doubt 'I had a feeling they were up to something' would be an acceptable answer.

As you left your seat, you went to the locker room for the competitors; it would be a good idea to let nee-san know that you were heading 'out', even if it was for a different reason that what you wrote down. You manage to find a post-it and quickly write down, "Nee-san, going to restroom then getting lunch; will be back soon. -Ichika". Short and to the point, that should be enough to make sure she doesn't worry.

Now with that out of the way, you quickly head down to the lower level where you saw the suspicious people; using that trick of yours to evade school clubs for extra secrecy. Fortunately, you managed to arrive just as they were leaving; so you followed them and tried to listen in on their conversation.

"...looks like command was right; do we move now?"

You see the other man shake his head, "No, we follow the orders to the letter; acting too soon could cause this all to fall apart, and bring her wrath on our heads."

"Alright, alright; I get it. I still don't like it, though. Not out of moral reasons or any of that weak shit; I just think this'll bite us in the ass. Why we gotta do it like this, man? Can we just recruit Orimura like normal?"

"According to command, no. They need the plan to go through in order to get her compliance; though personally, I think you're right. If you wanna back out now, I can-"

"Nah man, I ain't backing out of a job right before we're moving out; I have some standards. It's just confusing is all; especially seeing what already happens to the more...obstinate recruits. Fuck me man, you can pay me all the money in the world and I wouldn't take it if it meant getting closer to command; I don't wanna know, I don't wanna know."

"I hear ya, this does seem rather convoluted; but P.T. ain't paying us to think, only to work. As as creepy and possibly fucked-up as they are; they still pay triple what we made as freelancers. So long as they don't pull that shit on us, we're cool."

"Yeah, so anyways; when do we-" The rest is cut off as you enter a crowd and are overwhelmed by the noise of the chatter, though you manage to keep tailing your targets.

Eventually, you manage to follow them to a secluded area in the parking lot; where they meet up with several other people, and a woman in a office dress. She looks cold and stern, almost inhumanly so; she give off a vibe of not being alive. You get close enough to continue listening, but far enough away to avoid being seen.

The woman looks at the two you were tailing, "Report."

"Things are proceeding as predicted; we're ready to move out on command."

"Good, we'll strike-" She stops, and looks at where you were hiding. You couldn't believe it, even the people right next to her couldn't see you; you were even behind a wall and didn't make any noise! "There, you were tailed; take them out."

The rest of her entourage quickly dash over to where you were, flanking from both sides. It made running away much harder, and at this point you've heard more than enough. You were going to take these bastards down.

The moment the first one of them came, you elbowed him in the stomach and flipped him over; throwing him into the next person. That was followed by a kick to another's crotch and blocking a sloppily thrown fist from another. Just like every other time you fought, you outclassed your opponents; though the fact that it was you versus a crowd made it harder. Dancing around their fists and feet, you countered with perfectly timed punches, blocks, and throws that turned their numbers to your advantage; making it so that more often than not they were hitting each other more than hitting you.

However, as you were winning and had the remaining few conscious on the ropes; you felt a sting on your neck, and began to fade out...

You were dreaming; but it was different from before. You saw the wife of your king, and fell in love. A forbidden romance, yet one that continued nonetheless; the love and passion between you too strong to ignore. Your tryst continued, even when the king knew of it; for the king could not give Guinevere what she truly desired: love. The king forsook emotion for the kingdom, so he could not give any to his queen.

It was this that led to the downfall of the kingdom, of your liege, of everything you held dear. Your adultery was discovered, and the woman you loved was set on the chopping block by her very husband. Unable to let this stand, you furiously charged into the execution and saved her; but at the cost of fellow brothers in arms. As you left, you saw the face of the king, and found no anger. Only pity and self-loathing.

Why? Was it not your actions that led to this?! It was you who had sown the seeds to the kingdoms ruin, you who had inadvertently begun the dissent of the common man within the land; those who persecuted the king for being an emotionless, inhuman, monster. And yet, your liege still only condemned himself.

When finally the seeds of your sins bore fruit, and the kingdom tore itself apart; you could not reach your king. Blocked by the loyal knight Gawain; who's cousin you had slain in saving your love, you were unable to reach the kingdom in time. It had fallen into ruin, your king now dead; slain by a bastard child made by sorcery.

All you could remember is the fact that it was your crimes that led to this, your sins that ruined the work that your king, your comrades, you had worked for. And yet...

And yet...the king forgave you...and only blamed himself.

As this last thought echoed throughout your mind; you could only feel the weight of your sins crushing your very soul, as you shough something to ease the burden, to deliver retribution upon yourself for what you have done. Eventually, you turned this self-loathing and hatred of yours upon yourself; the only solace and punishment you could deliver for what you had done...

You painfully awoke from your dream, gradually gaining consciousness; finding yourself in unfamiliar territory with some of the people you were watching standing guard.

Seeing this, one of them sneers and says, "Oh, awake are we? You little shit; I can't wait to blow your dam brains out. But hey, at least you made things easy for us; didn't even have to look for you to hold you ransom. Now we're gonna make your sister our little bitch, and it's all thanks to you."

His partner slaps him across the back of his head, "The fuck, man?! You weren't supposed to say that; the boss will beat the crap outta you!"

"I don't give a fuck! That fucking brat kicked my ass; at the very least I get to watch him cry his little tears out for fucking up everything. Hahahaha!" The other man only shook his head at such boneheaded antics.

You, however, weren't paying attention. Instead, what that man said was echoing through your mind...

"Now we're gonna make your sister our little bitch, and it's all thanks to you..."

"..it's all thanks to you..."

"...thanks to you..."

"...you..."

"...your...."

"...your fault..."

"...it's all your fault..."

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!"

The guilt of two lifetimes began to overwhelm you, weighing over you and crushing your mind and soul. Like in your dream; you began to blame yourself for what you had done, for the lives you had ruined: both your sister's and your king's, and turned that loathing and hatred inwards upon yourself.

Your mind and sanity began fraying, as instead an all-consuming madness and fury overcame you; as dark mist as black as the sin you had committed covers you, as strength you never knew you had flowed through your body, and as you broke free from what bonds that held you with a bestial roar, with only a single urge guiding you:

KILL...

[X] Witness the fallout of the Mad Knight awakening once more...
    [X] Head back to the tournament; Chifuyu's victorious, but where's her brother...?

28. EnderofWorlds

[X] Head back to the tournament; Chifuyu's victorious, but where's her brother...?

This was it; the final round and only two minutes left on the clock. Shields are minimal; you only have one use left from Yukihara before it becomes too energy-consuming to use any longer. Your back-up armament isn't any better either; the Kurazakura was meant to use Yukihara as it's primary weapon above all else, to the point where any other weapons were ignored.

However, your opponent wasn't any better off; the Italian Representative has a Long-Range type IS; known as the Tempest, and your quick maneuvering and superior speed had emptied the majority of her ammo. You quickly went down the list of every weapon your enemy's IS had, your mind rattling down statistics and ammo counts along with the number of bullets fired the entire round. You calculated that like you, she had only one shot before she had no ammo left and was as defenseless as you would be.

Your frames were on equal standing, neither one having an advantage over the other and both in equally dire straits. Therefore...

You smirk; therefore, it was up to the skill of the pilot to determine victory here. While disadvantaged by the enemy using their range and your energy consumption to their advantage, you know that you are still the superior pilot. The majority of shield loss was from your own weapon rather than the opponent's attacks, and you dealt far more damage to them than they did to you.

A minute and a half left; you spring into action, dashing straight ahead in what appeared to be a foolhardy venture. As expected, the Tempest leveled their rifle at you and began to fire, exhausting the last remaining ammo they had. Against anyone else, the spread would shoot them down from the sky, and that would spell the victory of Italy at the Mondo Grosso.

But you aren't anyone else; and now was one of the rare times you were thankful for that fact. Still charging, you weave you way though the bullets, dodging them at near impossible levels and speeds; as if out a movie like the Matrix. Making it through the bullet storm unscathed; you perform a final vertical slash at your shocked opponent, taking their shields down to zero and winning the tournament.

The crowd cheered, and you went along with it all; pumping your fist into the sky to affirm your triumph here. You didn't really care, but you know that the Japanese government officials will throw a fit if you don't, so it's easier just to play along.

Immediately afterwards, the awards ceremony begins and you claim the first place trophy and the title of Brunhild once again. Looking to the stands, you frown as you see that Ichika hasn't come back yet. Actually, how long was it when you found that note on your locker? You had been so focused on the tournament that you didn't realize how long he's been gone, and when it did come to your mind you wrote it off with what you read on his note.

Your brain goes into overdrive as you begin to frantically worry about what's going on and where you little brother is; is he ok? Is he in danger? Or did he simply get lost in the crowds by accident? Did he just leave for the restroom again and you simply didn't notice? WHERE IS HE?!?!

As the awards ceremony comes to a close, you don't show any of your inner turmoil in your outward appearance; but inside you were on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Ichika was all you had, your life revolved him; providing for him, making sure he was safe and happy. Even when he was born, you had-

You shook your head; now was not the time to dwell on the past, you needed to find your brother. Now.

Heading over to the locker rooms, you switch out Kurazakura for the White Knight; if a fight was going to break out, you were pulling out all the stops. When you reach out for the closed form of the White Knight though, you notice something that wasn't yours in the locker. It was a miniature video player; likely with a message recorded on it. You press what seemed to be the play button to listen to what message it had.

A woman appears on screen, "Hello, Chifuyu Orimura; you don't know who we are, and you don't need to know. What you do need to know, is that we currently have your little brother in our possession. Our terms are simple; you are to head to these coordinate and-" The woman is cut off as alarms ring in whatever location she's in.

"CONTACT! LOTS OF FUCKING CONTACT!!! Seal the blast doors, all units head to Area 5 and-OHSHI-""▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!" This caught the woman off guard as she immediately turned to the left and addressed someone off-screen.

"Dammit; go over there are contain this breach! We need to-" Her tirade is cut off as whatever is to her right, likely a wall, explodes and sends her and several others flying. It also disconnects the camera as everything turns to static.

You had heard enough; your brother has been kidnapped as was in a location that was becoming as hot as a war-zone. Your heart plummets and turns to ice in despair; you needed to save Ichika, but you didn't even know where he even was. If you could get a hold of Tabane you would, but you hadn't talked to her in years; even after the White Knight Incident, where you gave in to her demands and tore those missiles down, communication with her had been sporadic at best. It was also always initiated by her, and through a dummy line you couldn't call back to.

You pound your fist into the locker in frustration, denting it in the process. Dammit! How...how could you-

"Well now, it looks like Brunhild is in a bit of a pickle now; isn't she?" Immediately you turn to whoever said that, finding one of the government officials of one of the competing countries; you guessed Germany from the uniform.

"What do you want?" You scathingly ask, not in the mood to play these political games.

The official, a woman, smirks and says, "You seem to have garnered the attention of Phantom Task; a recent terrorist organization that's relatively unknown to the world at large. It's quite fortunate that our Black Ops have managed to keep surveillance on them, and know where their nearest base is. The one where they're likely keeping your brother."

"I said. What. Do. You. Want?" If this bitch didn't answer the damn question if five seconds you'll-

"Germany has recently begun a IS division in the military, a squad specifically trained for the sole purpose of piloting IS. Originally intended for a different purpose; we need to readjust them due to the, recent, changes in world climate. Instruct them for a year, and we'll give you the location."

You don't even hesitate, "Done; now, give me the coordinates."

She rattles off the numbers, and you memorize them and imput them into the White Knight. You push her aside and leave, activating White Knight and flying off to the location given. You were going to save your brother, and any bastard who got in your way was going to regret it...

However, only a short distance away from the stadium; an alert was broadcast, "ALERT! Unidentified IS heading towards the Stadium! All IS Representative Cadets and Canditates with functional IS's report to intercept the interloper!" The location of the bogey was displayed on your HUD; it was right in the path to Ichika.

That meant that it was in your way; unacceptable.

From the stadium, ten IS frames were tailing behind you; they either didn't recognize your IS or simply were focusing on their mission. You decide to let them take the lead and intercept the target while you focused on what was more important, saving your brother.

As the other pilots overtook you and sped towards the unknown frame; you made sure to keep visual contact on them in case things go wrong. With ten pilots though, the chances of that were minimal. You also managed to see the unknown too; a black frame shrouded with some sort of cloaking tech that was messing with your sensors. Whatever that mist was, it was more effective than the usual methods an IS had to evade detection.

Not that it's pilot cared, as it bull rushed the ten pilots...and began to tear them to shreds in a mad frenzy. Now that it was closer, it looked like a modified Uchigane; but that was impossible, the Uchigane couldn't even fly! Yet here one was, flying and taking down ten of the best pilots in the world with ease. Despite moving like a rabid animal, the pilot still had an inhuman grace and fluidity to his movements; as if he didn't need sanity to utilize his skill. Each slash from his blade perfection that grievously wounded a foe, taking them down in but two swings. Each dodge effortlessly gliding past bullets beyond even your own skill; eventually disarming and using those very weapons against their owners.

In a matter of seconds; the ten pilots were defeated, and it was only you and the enemy shrouded in black mist. From the mist glowed red, demonic eyes; likely an intimidation tactic for the frame to use to it's advantage. With a loud roar filled with madness, the obstacle rushed at you; katana at the ready.

You were in no mood to deal with this pest, nor did you have the time. You...

[X] Pulled out your twin broadswords and cut this pest down
    [X] Take out the particle rifle and shot it out of the sky like the fly it is
    [X] Ignore it; you have more important things to deal with. If it wanted to destroy the stadium; fine.

Or...

PoV switch;
    [X] The Black Knight; embroiled in madness still
    [X] The watcher; viewing from afar

29. EnderofWorlds

[X] The watcher; viewing from afar

You saw the two figures; one black, one white, and knew that only misery could come of this. You were frantically typing away, desperately trying to hack and override the black one, before he did something he'd regret for the rest of his life. However, you weren't fast enough; as the White Knight engaged it's enemy shrouded in darkness. You curse and try to pick up the pace; before one of them ended up killing the other.

The day had started out so well too; you had discreetly sent Chifuyu the ticket under the notion that it was your sister badgering her to take Ichika, so that way he could see his sister in action live rather than from the confines of his home and a tv. Then, you were going to head there in person; both to spend some time with Ichika, congratulate his sister, and discuss things with what few remaining countries were still unaligned in this ongoing competition between you and your sister.

Then, the trace you had on Ichika's communicator showed him moving away from the stadium; curious, you tried to hone in on his location, only for the damn thing to go haywire. However, you managed to triangulate his location from the general location of the cutoff and 'borrowed' a satellite to further hack their surveillance.

What happened next could only be described as a massacre; as you saw a figure shrouded in black mist, that you could only assume was Ichika because he didn't appear on the cameras anywhere else in the base, brutally tear through every person that was in his path. Each attack was a killing blow; heads crushed, hearts torn out, no mercy was spared for anyone. He moved like an inhuman beast; weaving through bullets and moving too fast for the cameras to accurately capture his image.

Frankly it was...horrifying; seeing what had to be your best friend turned into a rampaging monster killing without remorse. When you managed to reconnect to the communicator, it only confirmed what you had figured out; it really was Ichika killing all those people.

Meanwhile, you had switched cameras and had found a broadcast being recorded. As you listened in, what remorse you felt for these people had disappeared; they had kidnapped Ichika to use him, and would've likely killed him if their plan failed. Let them reap the consequences of their actions. Yes, mercy is for the weak Mishra; you of all people know this...
    In fact, your only real regret is that you couldn't do anything to them afterwards for what they did; you can't bring the dead back to life after all. Hahahaha...how naive; hadn't you learned otherwise from me, Mishra? At least you can recall my lessons on retribution; and torture...
    However, as Ichika was fighting, he had somehow hijacked an IS and began to pilot it; something that was still considered impossible considering he wasn't a woman. Even more surprising, and worrisome, was that after he had killed everyone at the compound he burst out through the roof and began flying towards the location of the Mondo Grosso. If he reached that place while still in his berserker rage; there's no telling what would happen.

So you began to haul ass and try to use the wristband communicator to try and hijack his IS and get it to shut down; but something was stopping you. You didn't know what, or how; but something about the IS made it impossible for you to hack. Which made no sense, considering that it was a regular Uchigane. In fact; a lot of things about it didn't make sense, it flew, it's specs didn't match it's current performance, the coloring: it was as if someone took the regular Uchigane and decided to put it on steroids and overclock everything. You wonder if what was making the mist coming off of Ichika was somehow enhancing the IS too.

Then, things went from bad to worse; ten of the contestants of the Mondo Grosso intercepted him and were summarily beaten down like they were infants. Ichika's movements were as if he had piloted before; as if he were a veteran at using an IS. After the last contestant fell, the White Knight arrived, and horror began to grip your heart; you were fairly certain who was the pilot of the White Knight, which only made this worse.

If Chifuyu was going to save Ichika, and the mist made it impossible for her to identify Ichika as he was now; then she'd eliminate him if he got in her way. Likewise, Ichika would barrel right towards his own sister in his current state; simply for being another thing to kill.

And that was exactly what happened; Chifuyu dashed in with twin swords blazing, and Ichika intercepted with the katana all Uchigane units came with. The two began a destructive waltz of blades; two masters of the IS fighting one another. Parrying, dodging, countering; it was a match that evoke awe in anyone who watched it. They danced in the skies like eagles, both focused solely on eliminating the other. Ichika's style was a perfect blend of several sword styles that you've seen him practice before; seamlessly adapted for the katana. Conversely, Chifuyu wielded those twin broadswords with a grace few masters would even believe possible; despite their size she swung them as if they were as light as a feather.

It was a battle for the ages; two forces of nature colliding into one another, two warriors fighting with everything on the line. However, all battles come to an end; and as the battle dragged on, it was clear that Chifuyu couldn't keep up; she was already mostly on the defensive the entire fight, but Ichika was a beast who wouldn't tire, his IS ignoring any and all blows it took. In a battle of attrition, he would win. In terms of skill, his were greater; inhumanly so. While Chifuyu could prolong the fight with her own prowess, that all it was; prolonging the inevitable.

And all through this, you were desperately trying to get Ichika to stop; using the communicator, trying to hack his IS, trying to use the communicator to override the IS, anything! But...none of it worked; all your genius, and it failed against something that couldn't be logically explained. It was like the damn thing was magic!

Wait; magic...that's it!

You focus your mind; focusing on a connection that dwelled within. After the chewing out from Hikari, you didn't touch magic; for awhile at least. But, as you worked on your grand revolution of the world; you realized that your friends were right, you couldn't continually work on one thing to the exclusion of all else. It simply drained you and left your mind clouded. You needed something to act as a release from it all; something else at least, because kendo alone wasn't cutting it.

So, you turned to studying magic; how it worked, what it was, everything. Instead of the focused zeal and relentless work you devoted to the IS, your study of magic was more of a hobby; a casual, relaxing activity that served to clear the mind and reattain focus for your work. When you had to travel abroad to discuss matters with your newfound associates and business partners; you would often go and see the sights, trying to find locations like the ones Hikari first showed you. When alone in the living quarters they provided, you would experiment with what the power you called upon could actually do.

Now, you thought you more or less had figured out the basics of each aspect; of which there were five, and could probably start using that power to make spells. You had even tested some effects on live animals in preparation for that. Now...it seemed like your last option; and a desperate one at that.

From the connections you had, the bonds with the land, you drew upon every source of blue energy you could. You learned that the blue colored energy best dealt with the mind; so it stood to reason that it was your best chance at reaching Ichika and getting him to stop. Your body thrummed with the power you were drawing on, as you focused on the screen; focusing on the image of Ichika, and reaching into his mind.

Immediately, it felt like you had hit a wall; so you simply drew on more power and forced it against the wall like a sledgehammer. That seemed to work, but the moment the walls were breached you were nearly overwhelmed with a wave or pure rage and self-loathing. It was only your determination to reach Ichika that let you push on. It was but a drop compared to the sins of the past and the agony of eons...
    Finally, now certain that you were within his mind, you called out to him; 'Ichika!'

He didn't respond, so you tried again; 'Ichika!'

This time, only a roar echoed back at you, so you try again; 'ICHIKA!!!'

Still nothing but fury and rage; it looked like you had to do something else. Immediately, an idea springs to mind, though it's one you don't like. If blue can reach the mind...then it could probably control it. So you try to draw on what blue mana you could, and simply tried to override Ichika's control over himself; then you can force him to retreat. He and his sister were currently fighting over the ocean, so if you got him to dive into the water, you could teleport him without anyone seeing and then figure out something from there.

Forcing the energy into Ichika's mind; you try focus the intent of 'control' onto the energy, as if it was a leash and you were pulling on it to get him to obey. It seemed to be working, as he actually stopped for a moment; dazed and confused. Chifuyu then took the opening to escape; likely because of how long the fight had been dragging on. Seeing her escape, Ichika then fought against your efforts and began to chase her. You redoubled your efforts, which caused him to clutch his head in his hands and begin to thrash about in retaliation.

It still wasn't enough; you needed to get Ichika away before more people come and make this worse. However, you didn't have much blue left to use; so you took a chance: you drew on black to mix and combine with the blue. Black had a feel of dominance to it, so it would hopefully work as a substitute.

And it did, as Ichika stopped moving then immediately dived into the ocean like you wanted him to. You hurriedly used his communicator to teleport him to where you were, and dashed to where he'd arrive.

Once you get there, you see the shrouded figure stand menacingly still; unmoving like a statue. Realizing that it was probably due to what you did to get him here; you draw on some more energy to remove all the magic on him. When you cast your 'spell'; the mist dissipated, the IS fell to pieces, and Ichika dropped in unconsciousness.

You rush over and begin to carry him over to the nearest place you could comfortably lay him down, waiting for him to wake up...

[X] See the dreams of the knight
    [X] Or see him awaken, and realize his action
    [X] Perhaps see what the sister finds instead, yes?

30. EnderofWorlds

[X] Perhaps see what the sister finds instead, yes?

You frantically push White Knight to the limit, you had wasted far too much time dealing with that rogue pilot; their skill and the power of their IS were insane, you knew that no Uchigane could match the specs of the White Knight regardless of how many modification it had, Tabane wouldn't let her pet project be outclassed so easily. And the maneuvers they took...many would've been considered impossible; a single mistake would horribly damage both the IS and the pilot, yet they did it anyways, and flawlessly at that. Even though you were keeping up; you were gradually loosing ground against them. In a battle of pure attrition you would lose, and that was what it had become at the end.

Thankfully, through what had to be an act of fate, chance, luck, or what have you; it stopped, dazed by something before going wild and giving you the chance to escape to your real goal: saving Ichika. As she neared the coordinates of the location the Germans gave her, she checked her remaining energy and scowled; White Knight only had a quarter of it's energy left, the rest spent fighting and fending off the black IS. Still, it should be enough to get the job done.

When you finally reached your destination, your heart sank; the compound the kidnappers were using looked completely trashed, as if it were bombed. Parts of the roof and multiple walls were caved-in, and you could see a massive hole in the roof; which you figured was where the black IS had escaped from. You desperately searched throughout the entire compound; seeing nothing but dead bodies and destroyed halls, along with rooms that were caved-in with rubble.

Fearing the worst, you immediately went to work digging through each and every caved-in room; hoping that you'd find your brother under the rubble, still alive. You pushed aside the images of the ravaged bodies, cruelly torn apart like prey to a wild animal, constantly trying in vain to keep out the image of Ichika's own body like that.

As room after room showed no sign of your brother and more dead bodies, you felt a chill climb up your spine; reaching to your very soul as your search continued to find no results. Eventually, the limited energy of the White Knight kicked in, and finally the IS went into it's closed form to attempt to recharge.

You slam you fist against White Knight in desperation, "No. No. Nononononono; damn it, not now! Turn on, you stupid piece of shit! Work!"

You knew that it wouldn't do anything though; it'd be hours if not the whole rest of the day before White Knight was operational again. By then, Ichika would be dead; assuming he even was buried under the rubble. For all you know, he was one of the bodies; if there even was a body, some of the remains were so ravaged that only a single limb or two were recognizable from all the gore. Or some of the kidnappers survived and escaped with him; likely killing him like they threatened they would when you didn't arrive on time.

You had failed; and your brother was gone. Forever.

You sank to your knees; your soul being flooded with waves of despair and remorse, of self-hatred and sorrow. You became numb to the world around you as that single sentence repeated in your mind: You failed, and now Ichika was gone. You began to pound and claw at the ground beneath you as tears began to flow from your eyes; the one person you cared for the most, the one person you lived your life for, was gone forever. And you could've saved him...

"Ichika...no..." you wimper; as the tears keeping coming and the emotions keep hammering you, overflowing and consuming you, "nuu...nuuu...Nnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-!!!!"

You finally let it all out; letting out a heart-wrenching scream, weeping in despair at what you've lost. Sobbing and crying nonstop; you let the emotions run free. It didn't matter anymore, you've lost everything; your life meant nothing now. The one thing, the one person, that gave you purpose; was gone. And all you could do now, was weep for what was gone, due to your failure.

"..ah-huh-huh-huh..."

You don't know how long you spent; crying and screaming at the world and yourself for this tragedy, and yet the emotions...the tears...they still kept coming. Already you felt lost, uncertain of what to do now that your brother was gone; and you didn't care. The trophies, the prestige, the glory? All worthless; you didn't care for any of that useless shit, not if Ichika was the cost for it all. A part of you wanted to just end it now; join your brother in final rest, and there wasn't another side of you who was against that notion...

Now though; all you could do is weep and mourn, and cry for all that was lost this day...

...You woke up; clearly remembering what you had done, both in the past and in the present. Of how you caused a kingdom to fall to ruin, and how you slaughtered dozens now in blind rage.

You were Lancelot du Lac; the greatest of the Knights of the Round Table, one of King Arthur's chosen who brought forth victory in his, or rather; her name. But...you had committed a most grievous crime; you coveted the wife of your liege, and she reciprocated. The two of you fell into a torrid and lustful affair, out of the love you felt for one another, despite how wrong it was.

And from that love, that sin; came ruin...

"You awake?" Immediately your head turns, as you realize that you were in an unfamiliar room; Houki besides you. Frowning, she asks, "Are you ok? What happened?"

[X] Tell her everything, of your past and of your sins
    [X] Tell her enough, of the blind fury you entered, but not what caused it
    [X] Tell her nothing, your sins are too tainted to bring up again
    [X] Write-in