1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A True Lady's Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Mar 26, 2013.

1. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

[​IMG]
    (Source: animecharactersdatabase.com)

It's the late Victorian era. Britain has an empire on which the sun never sets, and you are one of its most fortunate and well-bred citizens. Your name is Joanna Joestar. You are 12 years old, and live in a beautiful mansion in the English countryside with your father George, a prosperous and kind-hearted man who loves you very much.

You are

[X] A dutiful, obedient, loving daughter, and the apple of your father's eye. As far as he's concerned, you can do no wrong, and he's not alone in that opinion; the servants all love you, too. Everyone in town knows you as a gentle and sweet-natured girl.

[X] Spoiled rotten. Your pretty face and quick mind mean you've always been able to wheedle whatever you want out of others. Your father is totally under your thumb; the servants alternate between being scared to death of your temper and flustered by your strange charm. You rule the local grammar school with an iron (silk-glovèd) fist, and teachers and students alike are counting the days until you're shipped off to public school, hopefully in another country.

[X] A little hellion. The maids lament the loss of your mother which has seemingly doomed you to perpetual tomboyhood. You're always getting into scrapes with the neighbourhood boys.

[X] A strange child. Often sickly, you don't have many friends and devote your time to reading in the family library.

The most memorable incident of your childhood was the time

[X] Your father hung up a mysterious stone mask in the library.

[X] You were playing in your father's study without permission and nicked yourself on a strange arrow that was on his desk.

[X] You accidentally'd the kitchen, and father made you clean the whole thing up yourself.

zeebza and Angelicain like this.
  2. FurikoMaru

Miss Joanna Freya Joestar's Vital Statistics
    (Father was on a Norse mythology kick during your mother's pregnancy.)​

Nicknames: Jojo, Iron Maiden Joestar

Family: Lord George Frederick Joestar, Dio Brando(?)

Base of Operations: The Joestar Mansion, Abney Park, Sussex

Perks and Traits:

Beloved Daughter - Father sees to it you have everything your heart desires, and you in return alternate between worshipful respect and maternal fussing over him in his more airheaded moments.

Your Way Or The Highway - You are Joanna Joestar and you always get what you want.

Snob - You kinda are one.

Charisma - Somehow, despite a great many people hating your guts, no one really lacks respect for you. Your stubbornness wins you as many admirers as enemies.

Order From Chaos - You have a take-charge attitude and a firm respect for etiquette and the rule of law.

Lady of the House - If people want to organize something involving your father's free time or the mansion, they go through you. You discipline the servants, holding them to the same exacting standards you hold yourself, and reward them generously when they exceed your expectations.

Queen Bee - If you were a character in the (fake) upcoming JJBA dating sim, you'd be the student council president, no question about it. You set the standard for fashion, conduct and comportment. You make sure the girls don't suck sugared limes in class and see to it the boys don't play truant or pull anyone's pigtails. On occasion you even venture to 'humbly' correct your teacher, who endures this treatment only because he knows you know about his secret drinking problem. Your friendship is courted by every socially-ambitious girl in school, and when the less ambitious ones tell stories about their school days, you'll fill the iconic 'head cheerleader who made life hell' role.

Allies

Lord George Joestar, your father. Richest man in Abney Park.

Del Shannon, a classmate of yours. Nominally your best friend. Actually your most successful stalker.

Dio Brando (?)

The Zeppeli Family: Having saved her eldest son's life, you are owed a debt by Margherita Zeppeli, and she intends to pay it back threefold.

Combat Parameters (Wait. What on earth is this doing here?)

Stand: Heart of Glass - Placeholder name. Thought it was appropriate. You guys can come up with something else if you like.

Destructive Power: C

Speed: C

Range: D

Durability/Staying: A

Precision: C

Developmental Potential/Learning: A

Overview: Your Stand has recently awakened. You still have no clue what the hell is going on. Apparently there are thorns that protect your hands now?

And something with visions. You're not sure what that's about.

zeebza likes this.
  3. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

I can't see the image. q-q

Still, JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJO!

4. FurikoMaru

(Is that better? Found a less finicky image.)

5. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

This decision is a lot harder than expected.
    I never thought, I'd spend this much time thinking about what kind of True Lady I want to be.
    The only options I'm sure I don't want are the kitchen incident and maybe the proper daughter.

6. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

I LIKE IT!

[X] Spoiled rotten. Your pretty face and quick mind mean you've always been able to wheedle whatever you want out of others. Your father is totally under your thumb, the servants alternate between being scared to death of your temper and flustered by your strange charm. You rule the local grammar school with an iron (silk-glovèd) fist, and teachers and students alike are counting the days until you're shipped off to public school, hopefully in another country.

[X] You accidentally'd the kitchen, and father made you clean the whole thing up yourself.

7. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

I see it now. Is it the same? It's entirely possible my phone was the problem.

[X] Spoiled rotten
    [X] Arrow

Did you know why Dio's World has the abilities of both Joseph's and Jotaro's. It's because he took over Johnathan's body.

On the other hand, it's not battle Tendencies without the "SUNLIGHT YELLOW OOVERDRIIIIIVE!"

8. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

[X] Spoiled rotten
    [X] Arrow

9. Inara Seraph

Inara Seraph Know what you're doing yet?

[X] A little hellion. The maids lament the loss of your mother which has seemingly doomed you to perpetual tomboyhood. You're always getting into scrapes with the neighbourhood boys.
    [X] You were playing in your father's study without permission and nicked yourself on a strange arrow that was on his desk.

10. FurikoMaru

Nah, couldn't find a proper size for the other one on any other sites. I kinda like the tacky compilation shot, though; gives you a better sense of the look. I went for someone obscure and in an older style, 'cause I wanted the 63'ing to feel more natural. Does it work?

Well it's a good thing we're in Phantom Blood, then. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  11. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X]Well behaved lady.

I do not want to be a little hellion bitch. A tomboy maybe but number two no.
    Numbe three is good to pull a teddy though.

{X}Arrow.

Stand city..

12. FurikoMaru

[1] A dutiful, obedient, loving daughter, and the apple of your father's eye. As far as he's concerned, you can do no wrong, and he's not alone in that opinion; the servants all love you, too. Everyone in town knows you as a gentle and sweet-natured girl.

[3] Spoiled rotten. Your pretty face and quick mind mean you've always been able to wheedle whatever you want out of others. Your father is totally under your thumb; the servants alternate between being scared to death of your temper and flustered by your strange charm. You rule the local grammar school with an iron (silk-glovèd) fist, and teachers and students alike are counting the days until you're shipped off to public school, hopefully in another country.

[1] A little hellion. The maids lament the loss of your mother which has seemingly doomed you to perpetual tomboyhood. You're always getting into scrapes with the neighbourhood boys.

[Nai] A strange child. Often sickly, you don't have many friends and devote your time to reading in the family library.

The most memorable incident of your childhood was the time

[Zilch] Your father came home from an archaeological expedition, and brought with him the mysterious stone mask.

[3] You were playing in your father's study without permission and nicked yourself on a strange arrow that was on his desk.

[1] You accidentally'd the kitchen, and father made you clean the whole thing up yourself.

You poor cowardly souls. One vote for a guaranteed canon-derailer? Are you so afraid of the unknown? How is it that Jiven, a Frenchman, is the only one in here displaying the spirit that won the Empire? It's a demmed shame is what it is. *adjusts monocle*

13. Jiven

*proud*

14. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

[X] A strange child. Often sickly, you don't have many friends and devote your time to reading in the family library.

15. FurikoMaru

-_- K'so. Just remembered George was on the way back from picking up the mask when the whole carriage incident happened.

I guess it doesn't matter, since no one's voting for it anyway.

Still. Consider that a vote for general Ishi Kamen research and fixation.

16. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

"No you can't replace sugar with baking soda, why would you even think that? That water appears to be on fire. I don't even - how did you get that onto the ceiling in the first place?"

17. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] A dutiful, obedient, loving daughter, and the apple of your father's eye. As far as he's concerned, you can do no wrong, and he's not alone in that opinion; the servants all love you, too. Everyone in town knows you as a gentle and sweet-natured girl.

18. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

[X] Your father came home from an archaeological expedition, and brought with him the mysterious stone mask.

19. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

20. FurikoMaru

[X] Spoiled rotten. Your pretty face and quick mind mean you've always been able to wheedle whatever you want out of others. Your father is totally under your thumb; the servants alternate between being scared to death of your temper and flustered by your strange charm. You rule the local grammar school with an iron (silk-glovèd) fist, and teachers and students alike are counting the days until you're shipped off to public school, hopefully in another country.

Honestly, rotten is such a harsh word! Don't you address everyone by their proper names and titles? Don't you attend church no matter how boring it gets? Don't you go to school no matter how boring that gets? Don't you helpfully point out when things the teachers have said are incorrect, so that they don't accidentally mislead their students? Don't you keep up with the latest fashions in a frugal and sensible manner, to assure that the Joestar family isn't shamed by a shabbily-dressed daughter (not like that Erina Pendleton, ugh, did you know she still plays with dolls)? Don't you see to it that the estate is managed properly (honestly, father is a brilliant man, but he's so hopeless at administrative work)? What more do they expect from you?

It was four years ago. You and your friend Sarah were playing hide and seek, and you naturally settled on Father's office as the perfect place to wait; no one would have expected to find you in there, and once she finished her sweep of the second floor you could run downstairs and tag yourself homefree.

As it turned out, Sarah knew you better than you gave her credit for; the office was the first place she checked on the second floor. Undaunted, you decided to modify the plan by just ducking past her and running for your goal anyway. Sarah, however, anticipated your mad dash to victory and tackled you (she was always rather a rough girl), knocking the pair of you right into the desk and sending the Arrow (you think it demands capitalization) tumbling down onto both of you.

It left a gash in Sarah's arm and narrowly missed stabbing your eye out, instead leaving a wound comparable to a papercut on your cheek.

Both of you got a stern lecture when your parents found out, and Sarah's father, Dr Vaughan, had to give his daughter six stitches.

No sooner had your wounds healed, however, than the illness set in.

You don't remember much of those awful two weeks, aside from the pain, and father wiping the sweat away from your forehead, and occasionally being made to sit up and eat some soup or porridge that you'd more than likely vomit up in the night.

The decisive moment came when you overheard Father consoling Dr Vaughan, and realized that Sarah was dead.

[X] "I can't die! I won't leave Father all alone!"

[X] "This disease took my friend. It will not take me. I will master my body!"

[X] "What a disgracefully undignified death. How dare this illness take Sarah?! It should know its place as a lower form of life. And if it doesn't, I'll just have to teach it."

----------

I cannot wait to inflict you on Dio. :))

21. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

Welp, not what I wanted, but let's stay in character.

[X] "What a disgracefully undignified death. How dare this illness take Sarah?! It should know its place as a lower form of life. And if it doesn't, I'll just have to teach it."

22. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

23. FurikoMaru

You're still determining her character. You can give Joanna a soft dere centre, or you can make her a bitch with a heart of even more bitch, or whatever.

24. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

If we're going to spoiled and entitled we'd better do it right.

Pah! Dio is going to be great friends with us in this time-line. Whether he likes it or not.

And we're going to do something about his tendency to wear green and yellow at the same time as well. It clashes so awfully when he does that.

25. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

26. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

27. Jiven

[X] "This disease took my friend. It will not take me. I will master my body!"

28. FurikoMaru

Your recovery is hailed as nothing short of miraculous. Within days of taking your harsh stance, it's as though you were never sick at all.

On the day the specialist hired to examine and care for you declares the disease vanquished, Father looks as though an immense weight has been lifted from his shoulders. He shakes the doctor's hand, then turns to look at you and smile.

You feel a slight jolt in the back of your mind, as though you've just remembered something. But whatever the information is, it's gone again in an instant. You ignore the sensation and return your father's smile.

You'd always been his darling girl, but the illness is what made you his 'little queen'; he's so happy to still have you alive and well that he can't deny you anything. Whenever he's absorbed in his work for the university, you have free rein of the household, and when he has leisure time, all of it is devoted to you.

You take advantage of this shockingly liberal form of parenting by

[X] Instituting your own rules, of course. Father is kindhearted and a great scholar, but it's not just you he's lax with, it's everyone. Someone has to keep the servants in line and make sure you don't grow up to be some sort of savage, and it looks like it'll have to be you.

[X] Bending the rules when it suits you. After all, aren't you the young mistress? Will not all these people work for you and your husband one day? Surely there's no harm in indulging their future employer every once in a while.

[X] World Is Yours. 8)

29. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

[X] World Is Yours.

30. Crypsis

Crypsis Getting sticky.

[X] Instituting your own rules, of course. Father is kindhearted and a great scholar, but it's not just you he's lax with, it's everyone. Someone has to keep the servants in line and make sure you don't grow up to be some sort of savage, and it looks like it'll have to be you.