1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. ragoogar

ragoogar Versed in the lewd.

[X] Get a report from Eiko on the status of the Manse and your assets, you can't very well run a Yakuza Clan out of your parents house after all, here's hoping Bright made it liveable when she designed it.
    -[X] if the Manse is complete you should probably have a look at it and see about moving in.
    --[X] Also get in contact with Sona to warn her about Rikou's Youkai mad friend
    ---[X] And finally before any other longer term projects get sorted you should probably talk to Rias about this meeting with the Phenex and get that over and done with so you don't have that hanging over your head
    [X] Review your progress on Evil Piece research and the status of your progress on Mil-tan's wish.

2. Threadmarks: Extra Arc II: Shinobi, Swords and a Visit to Hell (Part 1)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

The next morning you wake up feeling refreshed, the perplexing doubts of yesterday like an already fading dream.

True, the fact that you're now the leader of a Yakuza-style supernatural society doesn't change or go away or anything, but at least now you can look at it with optimism. Why, if you look at it just right you can even pretend it didn’t happen for a little while, and-

[Don't worry Issei-kohai.] One of your sempai says. [I happen to be a businessman myself. I can give you tips on how to manage your clan.]

'...Much appreciated sempai.' And you really do appreciate it, even if you got nope’d right on out of your little bit of morning quiet- not like that was going to be productive anyway. Truly, you wonder where you would be without your sempai?

{In your place as the rightful God and Emperor of this world. You just have to listen to me instead of wasting time with those maggots.}

'So,’ You roll on as if Bright hadn’t said anything, 'What kind of business did you have?'

[Construction. I blew up buildings with some Boosted mayhem, then I came back later and offered my services. Worked like a charm for a full decade.]

'I should probably ask-' You reflect with an emotionless look while you hear your sempai being beat up by the others. 'A more respectable person. Yeah... let's do that, sometime.'

Not like you’re going to find one of those in your head, after all.

After breakfast you see Mittelt, Asia and Rias off and bid them goodbye. You're suspended, but they still have to go to school. This actually works in your favor: with your parents away taking care of the house now falls on yours truly.

"Eiko: could you wash the dishes while I do some vacuuming."

"Yes Master!"

Normally you don’t really like asking people to do stuff in your house, but your familiar obviously doesn't count, not after what she pulled in the last few days.

It's while you are musing on where to start vacuuming- the ground floor’s dirtier but the first floor’s where you spend most of your time in the house -that you hear the doorbell ringing.

"A visitor at this hour?" You wonder aloud while going to open the door. "Maybe it's Sayanomiya-san? Crap, I hope me being a Youkai Yakuza Boss isn't a problem to the Committee!"

As it turned out your worries were unneeded.

[​IMG]

"Yo," She half-heartedly offers with a twitch of her hand in an aborted wave.

The little girl with long black hair and an eye-patch on herleft eye gives you such a minimalistic greeting.

"Mirai-san? I honestly didn't expect to see you again so soon."

Indeed, the one standing in front of your house is none other than the loli ninja that you assisted in a fight against a Stray Devil and his monstrous minions. Instead of a gothic Lolita outfit she is now wearing a pink sleeveless shirt with a low cut, a yellow star with blue letters saying [Star Guest] around it on the chest, a blue skirt, white stockings and sneakers. The only part that remained unchanged is the eye-patch with three red tomoes.

"Yeah: stuff happened, and then...Listen: that explanation you gave me? I need another, way more extensive one."

"Sure." You remember how confused you were after meeting Yuuma and Kiba for the first time. You stand aside. "Please, enter."

"...Do you have space for more people?" She asks suddenly.

"I do. Are friends of yours coming too?"

"Actually-"

"Ara ara." A sultry voice suddenly says. "Mirai-chan, you said he was good-looking but that's an understatement if I ever saw one. Don't you agree Hikage-san?"

"Don't know, don't care." An emotionless voice answers back.

You eye the new arrivals and, you are sure that if you still were your old self you would have rocked backwards from the recoil of a massive nosebleed and convinced yourself you were dead and already in the [Paradise of Oppai].

[Damn.] A female sempai exclaims. [What do they feed young girls those days? They're massive!]

Indeed, the ones standing before you and Mirai are all girls around your age with Amazonian proportioned bodies, and like Rias and Akeno-sempai greatly gifted in the ‘chest area’. If they are Mirai’s friends, now you understand where her short fuse on certain matters come from.

[​IMG]

The one who first spoke is a voluptuous girl whose breasts rival Akeno's, with brown hair that curls at the ends with a large pink bow on top and green eyes. ...Woah, another drill-hair type- and it’s different from Abe-san’s? Lucky! She’s wearing a yellow sweater and a pink skirt, stockings and heels. The look she is giving you remind both of Akeno in her teasing moments and, strangely, of a tiger sizing up a succulent piece of meat.

[​IMG]

The one who answered with an emotionless voice has green hair and amber eyes. Her outfit consists in a long-sleeved red sweater, jean shorts, black stockings and red boots. Despite the lack of emotions on her face she is looking around as if interested in the surroundings.

[​IMG]

Smiling friendly at you is an elegant girl with long blonde hair with a small clip in it and green eyes. Her outfit is a sailor uniform which is obviously too small for her size that consists of: a black and white blouse with a blue bow on the chest, white skirt, stripped white and azure stockings and leather shoes.

[​IMG]

The final girl has long dark brown hair tied in a ponytail, blue-gray eyes and tanned skin. She wears a short black dress with a small brown jacket over it, high socks that stop below her knees and leather shoes. The look she is giving you...reminds you of Shougo when excited.

What a lovely bunch.

----

"Would you like something to drink? Eiko can prepare tea if you want?" Eiko politely asks.

"Ara. Tea would be appreciated."

"...Milk."

"You wouldn't happen to have bean sprouts, would you?"

"Tea is good."

"Idem for me."

"Hai! Please wait patiently." Having received the requests Eiko graciously walk into the kitchen, leaving you alone in the living room with the five girls. You're seated on a couch, while the girls are seated on the opposite one.

You raise a hand in greeting. "You may know it already, but I am Hyodo Issei. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Haruka. Nice to meet you Hyodo-san~" The brunette winks.

"Hikage." The green haired girl says.

"I'm Yomi. Thanks for having us." The blonde replies.

"I'm Mirai, but you know that already."

"Homura." The ponytailed girl answers. "It may not look like it, but we're all Shinobi."

You kind of guessed that already.

"Speaking of not looking like it." Homura leans forward, blue eyes staring into brown ones. "You hardly look like someone that others would call with a title as grandiose as [Sekiryuutei] ([Red Dragon Emperor])."

Mirai seems a little embarrassed, but you don't mind. "I guess it's true: I'm still new to all of this. But that I hold the title of Sekiryuutei, which is passed down from my predecessors, is indisputable."

"Why?"

"Because of this." You raise your left hand. With a twirl of metal and golden energy the bracelet split apart and form the gauntlet. "This is the form that take the power I was born with, an unique one that exist in only one person for generation. I'm the one who inherited the will and soul of the Emperor of all Dragons."

"Big words." Homura replies dismissively, yet she's looking at Boosted Gear with child-like curiosity. The others, minus Mirai and Hikage, are doing the same. "Especially from...what are you anyway? Magician? Bullshit manga martial artist?"

"Exalt." You simply reply.

The girls, again minus Hikage, blink in confusion.

You shrug. "Basically, an Exalt is someone who is so awesome reality kind of lets them do what they want."

"Oh?" A strange glint enters Homura's eyes. "That's a big boast. Care to back it up in a real fight?"

"Against you?"

"Yep."

"The we better change location." You stand up.

"No need." Homura gets on her feet and raises an hand.

Yomi and Haruka's eyes widen. "Wait Homura, that is-"

"Shinobi Kekkai!"

FWOOOSH!

Crazed lights and wierd shifty stuff- cool, this is just like one of your animes! You are getting Unlimited Blade Works - The Movie vibes from this, definitely! Light fills your field of vision, and when it disappears instead of your house you're now standing in the middle of what look like an ancient Sengoku era battlefield complete with banners, a distant sunset coloring the sky red.

"Nice place." You say with a lopsided smile.

"Ah! That's the first time someone said that." Homura, the only other person in this world beside you, replies with a smirk. Her hand reaches behind her back, where a sheathed katana materializes.

"After all!" With a fluid motion she draws the blade and charges at you. "This is the last thing my opponents see before they DIE!"

Clank!

You grab and stop the sword with your right hand, now equally clad in a crimson gauntlet. "Homura-san. You're hot-blooded, aren't you?"

"Only when it comes to fighting!" She shouts as her smirk widens.

"What a coincidence."

You pull the katana sideway and make a sweep with your leg to knock her off, but Homura jumps up and throws a kick at your head. Your grab her foot with your other hand and throw her away, but she skillfully lands on both foots.

"So I am!"

[BOOST!] {BOOST!}

[] Write-in.
    ----

For those worrying: no, I haven’t forget the last vote. I just decided to integrate them with what I have already in mind. Rest assured Issei will deal with the contents of your vote immediately, without further delay, after a few hours in-game.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  3. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

[-] Sword meets claw for a few exchanges, and you observe her movements, taking note of her tatcics while allowing yourself some time to charge Boosted Gear. Charging face first into danger is fine when you can afford to hurting and get hurt, but marring such a cute girl is something you wouldn't forgive yourself for. Blocking a particular dangerous strike at your neck you release an air blast, but aimed at the ground, just as she take a swipe. Thanking the Unconquered Sun once more for your exaltation, you do the impossible, parrying her blade in between your gauntleted fingers just as the cloud of dust shields both of you from view. A twist of your arm and body, a sound of metal grinding on metal and a cry of [BOOST] is all that is heard from outside, and when the dust settles, you are holding her one arm against her back, the other still at her blade, the same one you are holding by the blade against her own neck. "Checkmate?"

(I know she can catch fire, although not enough as for why it happens or how it works, so I'm assuming she can get out of such a situation.) Don't know much about charms so I'm leaving that at GM's discretion, but This Plan use motes on Strength and Agility to ovewhelm her without hitting her.

Changin' vote.
    [X] You counter Homura's offense with an equally-aggressive defense, matching her strikes with parries and counters backed with enough force to fling her away from you. Just as she shifts her weight forward to close the distance you beat her to the punch, blitzing through the tall grass to wrap her up in a bear hug while she's not focused on defense.
    -[X] Use all the relevant charms to make the best possible first impression.

4. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

hows this for a write in everyone?

[X] If this girl is anything like Shougo holding back on her is the last thing she is going to want you to do, with that in mind a fierce grin graces your face and stamp you foot raising a plum of dust that obscures you from view for a moment, you pour everything you have into making yourself faster, stronger, BETTER and as Homura's eyes widen at seeing you suddenly in front of her you speed up again vanishing from sight and striking her from behind in what has become something of a customary opener, golden light flickers across your arms as you make contact with her back leaving two glowing golden palms seared into her outfit, and with that you have just enough time to dodge backwards to avoid a counter attack

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  5. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

[X] You counter Homura's offense with an equally-aggressive defense, matching her strikes with parries and counters backed with enough force to fling her away from you. Just as she shifts her weight forward to close the distance you beat her to the punch, blitzing through the tall grass to wrap her up in a bear hug while she's not focused on defense.

6. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

7. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Wait a minute. Can't Boosted gear boost thing in general like attacks? Why haven't we used the motes to boost Issei's speed or strength?

8. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

... We're going to come back to find all the rest of them tied to the ceiling while Eiko interrogates them aren't we? Possibly with Suika's help if she's awake. I don't think Oni get along with Ninja. Too sneaky.

9. EternitynChaos

...nightblade, other then the fact that Boosted Gear in this story doesn't work like that maybe it did before we got it, but it ran face first into an Exaltation and that sort of thing isn't good for your health, the fact that we have something very similar to what your describing with the Explosion! ability that multiplies our stats also probably has something to do with it, and as it goes we are still learning everything BG can do, we have yet to even hit Balance Break yet so it's not big surprise

Least Devotee likes this.
  10. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

What about just them going in to watch instead?

11. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

12. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

13. Thraz

Thraz Person Who Lurks

14. soul ice

soul ice Versed in the lewd.

15. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

16. Galeiam

Galeiam Optimistically Asexual.

Ah...my head hurts...to much branching...

17. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

can any one explain why this chick decide to fight us ?

18. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

She's a battle maniac who wants to see whether we live up to our self-declared titles.

19. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

I hope that we can win in one post. I really think that we are stronger than her, so there is no need to drag this out.

20. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

21. codeRR

codeRR Heroic spirit unkown

22. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

We really need to stop treating people like this seriously when they just walk in off the street. Make them fight Shougo first or something.

Because frankly, we're above this. Neither a Solar nor a Dragon needs to prove himself to anyone. He does so simply by existing.

23. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Well, after Shougo finishes training and after, presumably, Homura falls in love with our ability to punch things really hard, we can sick those two on anyone who comes looking for a fight.

Well, and Ruby and Yang, too, they'd probably be up for "Random Challenger Approaches" Events...

24. Galeiam

We're getting close to the point where harem members are just reposts of the same character.
    A major problem with Mass crossovers and the anime genre, it works for universes with Huge casts because while the people may be similar, they have also been fleshed out already.

The best example for now is that we have Yang and soon Homura which cover the Buxom battlejunkie members, and Koneko and Ruby for the ultra Potential Lolis. Even more we have Xenovia and Irina coming in who can both partially fit each role(not the loliness lol...)

Two of the same archetype is fine as it adds a nice bit of comedic rivalry but anymore than that and there will be no time to devote to other members, Senran Kaguya having a full entry at this point is just gonna wreck the balance as that's a full harem right there.

So...maybe we can try curbing any further branching for now?

I'm not against crossover elements but having a full cast and series being used is pushing the boundaries.

25. EternitynChaos

Galeiam, I'll be blunt, if you didn't want a harem then this is the last place you should bother being, as it is most of the SK girls are probably not going to be harem members I would think, much like Ruby and Eiko they will probably end up as friends so seriously, quit bitching about it and leave if you don't like it that much the part of Issei's character is the whole Harem King thing, hell its even in the thread title so yeah

26. Galeiam

Did I say anything about having a harem...Did I in anyway imply I was against a harem...did I make any complaints about that in anyway called for disbanding the harem?
    No I just pointed out something that could be a problem due to the heavy anime influences. My "bitching" is only about the side effects of mass harems and personal time for each girl...

Geez read carefully before posting a minirant...

27. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

First - seriously, you think there's just the one 'type' within Buxom battlejunkie? Really? No room for meaningful variance in your head there? Because I can think of loooooots of different sub-types within that group that are all distinct enough to matter. The 'culturally predisposed to fight and views it as normal as breathing otherwise normal girl', the 'gets off on causing and recieving pain bdsm fighty girl', the 'thinks she can understand people best by fighting them girl'... all of these fit that trope you just cited so long as they are buxom, and there all CLEARLY quite different.
    This is even worse - you're acting like a girl being small enough compared to the PC to be typified as loli overrides any other facet of her character. To wit - how are Koneko and Ruby even remotely BEHAVIORALLY similar?
    Sure, if you think 'swordswoman' is a category with zero variance in it too.

Look, I'm not saying I don't understand your concern - I do. I share it even - I don't want to have 'pointless' members of the harem/clan... albeit my reasons may be more empire-based utilitarian in motivation than your own. Regardless, the point is you're grossly hyperbolizing, and acting as if there are only a few 'types' that a girl can be, and that two girls of the same 'type' will invariably be too similar to tell apart - which is absolutely not the case.

28. Galeiam

You took both of those statements waaaaaay to literally....
    For Yang and Homura of freaking course there are variations and other crap...that was just a quick description you'd get based on first appearances...don't get so bent up over it.

As for Ruby and Koneko...see this is why I always tell people to read carefully before Miniranting...
    Ultra Potential Lolis....what the hell does this have to do with personality? Other than the holding back or something like that?

Koneko and Ruby both Have the potential and ability to be extreme power houses yet they both don't for some reason or another.

This Kind of Classification only applies in the case of anime based characters really.

Sigh...I don't even know why I bother sometimes.

29. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

30. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

I don't know why so many people do not get that the internet removes most tone and context from one's 'words', and as such if you don't want your words to be taken as earnest you make it exceedingly clear that they're not. This is a thing you did not do, which frankly you probably should have. It is, after all, impossible to read your mind, to look through the computer, to know you as a person rather than a handle and thus if you wish to convey overtones/be nonliteral, you need to accept the fact you're effectively speaking to strangers who do not know you or your ways. If you want them to grok you, you have to help them understand how you write/act rather than just expect them to magically know.
    If you have to read 'bent up over it' into things that is of course your right - it has no basis in reality but hey, opinions are one's own thing.
    Well gee, maybe it has to do with the fact you abruptly cite these categories immediately after talking about how you have fears of shallow, cookie-cutter inclusions in the harem.

Turns out that even if you make an independent statement, if it's nested in/after other stuff that colors how people read it - 'tis a fact of life.

Also, you really need to work on your ability to identify 'rants' - I don't think that term means what you think it it does.
    Having the category defined by 'latent power' doesn't make it any less absurdly broad than 'loli', to be perfectly honest - heck, 'hidden power' is practically an asiatic supertrope all its own, it's so prolific. Which, I might point out, makes it even sillier to try and minimize it's presence - it's like trying to minimize the presence of soda in stores - it's that pervasive.
    To be honest I don't either, as you seem to follow a pattern of raising a concern with poor phrasing and continuing to not clarify yourself well when people understandably don't intuit the meaning you were going after.

Case in point, if you'd been more clear in your first post I strongly doubt I or EternityChaos would have bothered to respond - but because you didn't here we are.

Feel free to label this another rant if you want, but that doesn't change the accuracy of what's being stated here. It would REALLY serve you well to instill more clarity into your posts to avoid issues like this - and since you seem to not enjoy this result it would seem a worthwhile endeavor.