1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

[X] Rias has made portals to the Nether before, and knows the Phenex right? You bet she could give you a solid estimate on how long it'll take her to get the portal up and running.
    [X] Go with Shigure and see if the job can be done quick - the teleport circle won't be ready THAT fast right? You'll just do it double-time!
    [X] While hopping about town chat with Shigure, ask her about the weapon so even if you don't end up finding it now you'll be extra ready for round two once you're done with your meeting with Lord Phenex.
    [X] How's Honoka? Is Kenichi still being a baby? Kensei still creeping on her? Made any new friends (Because boy we have!)?
    [X] Regardless of if the sword's been found or not, when time's up it's up, and you're heading back for that meeting!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Caoslegion

Caoslegion Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Rias has made portals to the Nether before, and knows the Phenex right? You bet she could give you a solid estimate on how long it'll take her to get the portal up and running.
    [X] Go with Shigure and see if the job can be done quick - the teleport circle won't be ready THAT fast right? You'll just do it double-time!
    [X] While hopping about town chat with Shigure, ask her about the weapon so even if you don't end up finding it now you'll be extra ready for round two once you're done with your meeting with Lord Phenex.
    [X] How's Honoka? Is Kenichi still being a baby? Kensei still creeping on her? Made any new friends (Because boy we have!)?
    [X] Regardless of if the sword's been found or not, when time's up it's up, and you're heading back for that meeting!

hello this is my first quest and i would like to thank Alex for writing such an awesome story and hope he continues.

anyway i want to bring some discussion food as vol 19 is out and we already have spoilers here

http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Jopjopjop/Volume_19_Spoilers

and the illustrations

http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Novel_Volume_19

:)

3. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Say, I realize this might not be completely relevant to the quest, but there's something I've found on DxD wiki that seemed interesting but wasn't clarified enough for me. Namely, about the dragons and how they're divided into low class dragons, high class dragons, dragon kings etc. I recall there was an essence level chart that showed roughly how high an essence rating various kinds of devils and other beings have, and it included dragon kings and above. What about the low class/high class ones? How do they compare to a, say, high class devil?

4. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Dragons in DxD got classified as the strongest beings so Low-class Dragon > Low-class Devil, the mass produced Evil Dragon is stronger than normal Middle-class Devil and has no dragon-slayer weakness (vol 16-17) thus making them really hard to kill since dragon resists all kind of damage. In term of power Tannin one of the Dragon King automatically got Ultimate-class devil just right after he joined the devil, so possibly High-class Dragon > High-class Devil by a decent margin.

As for the dragon chart:

Zero class: True Dragon/Dragon God.
    God class: Heavenly Dragon.
    Ultimate class: Evil Dragon > Dragon King.
    High class: Generic Flame dragon in vol 8 or 13, Rassie once matured.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  5. Thraz

Thraz Person Who Lurks

6. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Welcome to QQ and my quest :D . It's always good to have new members.
    I would like to point out that, due to my disappointment with Ishibumi later work, I may use parts of it I like but for the rest this quest is fully AU territory.
    This is mostly correct. In DxD Dragons are the top dogs, at least in a straight fight since their very nature they are highly optimized fighting machines.

7. Threadmarks: Extra Arc II: Shinobi, Swords and a Visit to Hell (Part 3)
    Alexander

First post in a new forum: sweet :p
    ----

The answer is obviously yes: ‘Yes, I feel lucky! I was anything but unlucky in the past one month and half.’

['Yeah, keep burning up all the untapped luck you've built up - surely it'll never run out!']

’Shut up, Ddraig. Go jinx someone else.

[Can’t while I’m stuck there. Unless you can install a TV? Now that I think about it that isn’t a bad idea. Do it.]

You instantly tune out the dragon’s voice once it becomes clear he isn’t going to be of any help.

“One moment.” You raise a hand to ask for a break while the other takes out your cellphone. Quickly you dial a familiar number. “Rias? It’s me. So exactly when will the teleportation circle be ready? ...Tomorrow midday? Awesome. ...Oh, just a favour to a friend, I’ll contact you later. Bye.”

You close the call and smile at Shigure-san. “Like I said I have stuff to do and I need to leave for that. But, until then I am free. What do you say we go out, find your sword and recover it before dawn? Between you and me, I bet we can do it right?”

Shigure-san’s response is as strange as unexpected: her facial expression doesn’t change, but the dullness in her eyes is replaced by a gleeful sort of childish excitement- are those sparkles? - as she nods furiously, one hand showing a thumb-up.

Its...more than cute. It’s honestly adorable.

Maybe that’s why when she suddenly grabs your wrist you, despite past examples to the contrary completely fail to react. You’re equally helpless when she opens the window and jumps outside while dragging you with her.

“Kosaka-san! We seriously need to talk about this bad habit of yoooouuuurs!!

----

When it comes to the subject of ‘sensing magic/ki/whatever term for mystical energy it’s used’, when asked most people (those that deign to answer at least) would instantly think of Dragonball’s method, of perceiving reality with their mind as completely empty save for distant burning points of light that represent a person’s lifeforce.

That is pure and simple bullshit. You can sense a certain presence and even recognize it if it’s strong and near enough, but pinpointing its exact location even from a not-so-great distance is pretty much impossible for you. You’re pretty sure it’d be flat out off the table in any situation, unless you’d been born with a specific power like a sensory Sacred Gear or had undergone a stupidly complex ritual. In a sense magic, demonic power and any other mystical energy behave like scent: you perceive traces left in the air, but tracking down the source takes more than a bit of work. It’s funny, but Emiya Shirou’s method is actually quite close to how most magicians perceive magic: Akeno-san perceives it as different sensations on her skin, while you get a mix of smell and sensation that gives an absurdly general direction depending on the energy’s nature. It’s only marginally better than having no idea at all, really.

What does this all mean? It means that if you were to search around the city for something magical with only the meager range of your senses it would take days, even weeks.

Luckily you don’t need to.

With a piece of chalk you trace a circle on the earth and inscribe inside the equation needed for the task, a simple spell even a novice can do. Once done you put both palms on it and channel a minuscule portion of your Essence. In response the magic circle lits up, the magic taking effect.

Right now you are above one of the many points of the city where the leylines - basically the veins of life energy imbuing the land with power - intersect all over the place in the rough form of a complex web. Heavy alterations to the land cause disruptions in this web’s natural equilibrium, and so do foreign sources of magical energy. Taking advantage of this fact is the basic of this spell: by sending a pulse through the leylines you get a sonar-like feedback, and if there are interfering disruptions they’ll show up.

With each use you can cover a range of two-three kilometers, so it won’t take long to sift through a city this size.

“Nothing here.” After you receive the result you mentally put a cross over a part of the city map. Memorizing it was time well spent. “Let’s move to the next.”

Shigure-san nods and together you leave the private garden you just intruded unto. Hopefully nobody woke up from your activities.

Roof hopping with a Ryozanpaku Master is...an interesting experience. You had a brief experience with Sasaki-san and Akisame-san, but at the time you were too angry to care about anything else but breaking Loki’s nose. Now however that you mind is clear you can see that Shigure-san’s movement are fluid: not just thanks to excellent body control, they radiate a sense of casualness that can come only from something repeated many, many times until it becomes natural.

You wonder what it says, that she can jump from roof to roof as easily as she walks on a street.

Of course, this is not all you pick up with your casual observation (you hope it’s casual!).

'Oh man I can see a nipple!’ Since Shigure-san wears nothing under the chainmail, when she leaps the strain pushes her breasts upward and a very pink, very appetizing part of those prodigiously impressive hills peeks out from one of the bigger gashes on her kimono, practically straining to be seen. Stretching the legs when jumping causes the gaps in the stockings to widen, tearing at them little by little.

That’s right: Shigure never changed out of the clothes that were ruined in the battle with Homura and the others- you think she noticed, but she just doesn’t care - so for the last two hours she’s been unwittingly giving a peep show. ...Or maybe not so unwittingly, a certain part of your mind pitches in before you squish it on down.

You saw what she did when someone goes Kensei on her.

You’re glad nobody was able to see the two of you for more than a second. Apart from having such a glorious show all for yourself, you don’t need to deal with cops howling about laws against public indecency.

‘Okay me, try to concentrate on something that is not Kosaka-san’s sexy body.’

Like her firm thighs, practically naked thanks to the ruined tatters that are her stockings, straining over the-

‘Let’s try again!’

Like the amazing way her clothes now seem a size or two too small, and in their beleaguered state are practically flaking off her even as they barely contain the explicitly outlined nubile form of-

“One moment.” You signal Shigure-san to stop. You jump down on street level, go around a corner into the nearest alley you can find...

And then bash your forehead against the wall as hard as you can, buring your dome in a few inches of concrete with a gritty CRACK.

’IT’S NOT WORKIIIIINNNNGGGGGG!!!’

8. Threadmarks: Extra Arc II: Shinobi, Swords and a Visit to Hell (Part 4)
    Alexander

What the hell is this limit of 10000 characters?!?!?
    ----

God Damn It! Why is she so sexy? She’s not even trying! It’s not fair!

More importantly, why are you so bothered by it? You aren’t a virgin anymore.

...It couldn’t be! Your true fetish...are you weak to the older onee-san and ara-ara cake types?!

“Mama, why is that oni-chan making such a funny face?” The obligatorily present feckless child being lead by their mother’s asks aloud with a point your way and an open sound of wonder.

“Don’t look!” Said mother pushes her child away with all due haste, not even bothering to look down the alleyway.

It takes another few seconds for you to realize that the street is still crowded and you’re making a fool of yourself. You return where Shigure-san is still waiting for you, cheeks red from embarrassment. “Sorry, false alarm.”

Her only reaction is a quiet hum. As you resume the search, in an attempt to distance your minds from impure thoughts you try to chat a little. “So, how are things back at Ryozanpaku? How’s Honoka-chan?”

“As...usual.” She replies after a few seconds. “She’s... well. Growing...plants. Extra fruit… tasty.”

So she’s training in the use of her Gear. Good, good: with that type of Gear imagination is essential, as a child Honoka has an advantage in that regard. “And Kenichi?”

She stops, forcing you to do the same. She looks around before leaning forward, whispering in a conspiratorial tone even as her eyes remain as listlessly lidded as before. “Frequent...bad company.”

Kenichi? THAT Kenichi? “What kind of ‘company’?”

She puts her hands behind the ears, making the index finger poking out. “Alien.”

Ooh. “That guy? I met him: I’m fairly sure he’s harmless... even if very greedy.” But surely he isn’t that bad? “About friends, you and the others made any new ones?”

“Smile.” At your confused expression she continues. “Strange guy from... the Committee. Protect Honoka. Bought... house next door. Always smiling.” She pushes up the corners of her lips, the look utterly ruined by how her non-expression droops against the tug. “That’s why... ’smile’. Touchimaru... always steal his snacks.”

A nickname then. Well, it’s also good to hear the Committee is doing its job. But- “Right, Touchimaru! I was wondering why I haven’t to seen him - where is he?”

“Home.” She snorts, face still expressionless. “Found...cute mice. Busy skirt...chasing.”

Atta boy-err, mouse! You’re about to ask her about the sword you’re searching for - more information never hurt - when you realize the next leyline node is right in front of you. Without further delay you repeat the spell…

And receive a positive result! “Kosaka-san! I found something!” There’s a big cluster of magical energy not far away from where you are now, and it’s not natural at all.

Stars - or are they shuriken - seem to dance to life in the Ryozanpaku master’s widening eyes as she shoots you an absurdly vigorous thumbs-up.

----

“-rry, call the poli-”

It’s just by chance that you hear them.

“-ugs? At that old shop? Are yo-”

Then again, some of them are shouting so you can’t help but eavesdropping.

“-aw it with my eyes! Some crazy rumble going on inside the sho-”

The closer you get to the origin of the magical disturbance, the more you can hear people on the street below talking about a big fight going on inside some shop. There’s a crowd gathered about, but they hardly look like okay sorts. Pompadours, hair dye, stenciled coats and the ability to swagger even when standing still - they’re thugs and other sorts! It makes sense to see them here - the cruddy buildings and grimy streets really feel appropriate for gang stuff - but no one’s interested in starting a ruckus right now.

The reason?

That would probably be the literal mound of people that look like they received an ass-kicking from Jackie Chan himself piled up in front of one of the buildings.

“I get the feeling trouble found our target for us.” You say aloud, Shigure-san nodding in agreement with a little huff of restless energy.

Following both the defeated that dot the ground past the pile you spotted and the magic trace that’s now so blatant you can perceive it without the spell, you arrive in front of an old and small antiquity shop with another clump of stacked-up fighters sporting ridiculously swollen bruises, situated however in a large building that seems abandoned otherwise. On the sign there are korean hanja, below a japanese translation: ‘Golden Garden’. The front windows are broken, the sounds of a scuffle coming from inside. And in front of it-

“Hold on.” You point your finger to the short figure with a moustache, wearing green chinese clothes and a hat that’s visibly muttering to themselves as they peer into the shop. “Isn’t that Kensei-san?”

“Yes. Left...the other day. Said...visit to a friend.”

What a coincidence...if this is even a coincidence in the first place. “Kensei-san?”

The old man tenses at your words, but it looks more forced than real - just like the wide smile he offers as he turns around.

“Oh? If it isn’t Issei-kun and Shigu-”

The instant the old chinese master, head still shaking in exasperation at the sudden meeting, turns around two things happen.

First: twin jets of blood shoot out of his nostrils.

Second: he takes out a camera from his sleeves and starts snapping photos of Shigure-san.

SLASH!

Following those events the beautiful swordswoman takes out a katana and starts trying to slice into ribbons either the camera or Kensei-san. Probably both. Simultaneously the aged master bobs around evading the lethal slashes, without stopping taking photo for even a second.

It says something about your life that you take all of this in stride.

“I didn’t expect to meet you here, but now that I think about it you live nearby right Issei-kun?” You have to hand it over to him, Kensei-san is the kind of awesome pervert your past self would have wished to become with how easily he’s keeping up the conversation while someone’s going for his throat. “What brings you here?”

“Kosaka-san came to me with a request and I decided to help.” Shigure-san nods before tossing kunai at Kensei in a furious flurry. “We’re searching for a magic sword and the traces brought us here. What about you? Are you related to that?” You point first to the shop and then to the defeated opponents.

“In a certain sense.” He sighs, putting one hand on his hat as he ducks to avoid a swipe. “I was visiting an old friend in Chinatown when...why, of all people in the world, I happened to find my daughter!”

Your thoughts come to a halt as you picture a female version of the creepy old martial artist. “...Your daughter?”

“What’s with that face? I’m old enough to have a family: a wife and two younger sons to be precise.” His chuckle turns into a gasp as Shigure-san almost manages to stab his family jewels.

On a whim you step forward and peek inside the shop.
    “Wow.” It’s all you can say at the sight of a super-sexy chinese girl (not that you’ve ever seen one outside of porn - and a real one at that!) in very short, very tight clothes fighting ten guys, all of them older and better built and winning with little effort. “Her mother…?”

“The most beautiful woman of Southern China.” Appearing beside you, Kensei says with pride.

YOU LITTLE WHO-AAAAARRGH!!

“Wash your mouth, you cretinous troglodyte!”

Then he grimaces. “Also the fiercest. Sadly my daughter, Ma Renka, inherited both traits.”

Why ‘sadly’?

Crushing the camera with her bare hands Shigure-san stands beside you. “Sword?”

“It’s definitely inside.” You confirm at the veritable magical stench roiling out of the building, massaging your chin. “Kensei-san, how did the fight start?”

“Ah, well.” He lowers the hem of his hat to cover his eyes. “Let’s say...due to circumstances, I don’t wish to have my family know I am staying at Ryozanpaku. So when I saw Renka I ran away.”

Must be dire circumstances indeed, if he’s forced to keep his own family at a distance. ‘Don’t tell me-! There is someone who wishes Kensei-san harm and wouldn’t hesitate to strike at his family?!’ Your fists clench in silent fury. ’I will beat the crap out of him myself, even if I have to risk my own life!’

He doesn’t show it, but Kensei Ma suddenly feels great embarrassment and shame. Dismissing it in the manner he’s accustomed to, he continues. “She chased me all the way here, at which point those guys with a korean accent appeared and started rudely asking questions...well, I am sure you can imagine the rest.”

A body soars above your heads and lands with a painful yelp after breaking the second to last window in a tinkling crash

Oh yes, yes you can.

What do you do?
    [] Wait for the fight to end.
    [] Join the fight and swiftly bring an end to it.
    [] Search for the sword using the fight as a distraction.
    [] Write-in?

----

Sorry for the double post: apparently now there is a limit of characters for post.

9. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

We should join the fight to end it quickly, stunt is allowed?

10. Alexander

Sure, like always.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  11. Fallenblades643

Fallenblades643 Canned food pls?

So...

I think we should petition the Onee-sama to teach us the way of the Spear~ OR too be more precise, 2 of them.

Because Onee-Sama~

TheWave, Nickballas, Crow and 3 others like this.
  12. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Search for the sword using the fight as a distraction.

13. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

By the way all the old links need to be fixed Alex. They link to the old site.

14. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

So, we are including Ma Renka into the harem like bob's beard said?

15. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

Fuck this 'quickly' shit, that's not exalted dragon-like!

[X] Join the fight and FLASHILY bring an end to it.

16. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

I like this:

17. codeRR

codeRR Heroic spirit unkown

18. TmDagger

TmDagger I trust you know where the happy button is?

19. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

20. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  21. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

22. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

[X] You're blood is boiling. There's a fight going on and there's a hot girl involved in it, you just can't help yourself. You jump right into the middle of the brawl and get to busting heads.

23. Caoslegion

Caoslegion Know what you're doing yet?

[X] While you are searching keep boosted gear in stealth mode and boost your senses (if posible, i don't know if we can boost our senses) to better feel the location of the blade and acelerate the search and better detect if we are attacked.

[X]If some of the thugs are stupid enough to attack us while we search just knock the out with one punch with Gauntlets of Distant Touch. (if latter asked how we can strike at range simply say it's a technique of our martial arts style).

does this counts as a stunt? it's my first time suggesting something

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  24. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

25. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Uh, guys? Flashy is very very bad. There are witnesses. Sona will attempt to strangle us with our own intestines if we give her more work to do.

26. Crazael

Crazael Could be wittier.

[X] Search for the sword using the fight as a distraction. As much fun as jumping into the fight would be, you have a schedule to keep and who knows where getting involved will end up leading.

27. Introspective Tinkerer

We should buy a motorcycle.

28. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Renka can take care of it. I'm sure that Kensei would have jumped in, if she was in any danger. Finishing her fight for her would be insulting, like saying that she can't take care of it, on her own.

Sol Mark-1, iamnuff and Least Devotee like this.
  29. Introspective Tinkerer

My vote isn't about saving Renka, it's about seeing a hot girl in a fight and that getting our blood boiling. So we start to fight to release the excess tension instead of committing sex crimes. This is like two of Issei's major fetishes in one place.

Least Devotee likes this.
  30. Crazael

Crazael Could be wittier.

From my one experience playing Exalted, riding a motorcycle would make us significantly slower than just roof jumping everywhere.

Sol Mark-1, Enohthree, Walkir and 5 others like this.