1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Picking up Renka doesn't count as NTR unless we do it in a really mindbreaky way that would be extremely out of character for Issei. We still shouldn't do it because our harem is huge and only going to get bigger without adding any more crossover characters to it. The matter of opportunity costs raises its head again: do you want high-quality fleshed-out characters with lots of development and screentime, or do you want lots of boring two-dimensional harem girls? You can't have both, especially now that Alexander isn't updating as often as he used to.

MHLord, Enohthree, Walkir and 4 others like this.
  2. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Wow. You are the third person to misunderstand my post. I didn't say that it was NTR. I just said that I wouldn't be surprised if people used that reasoning to not go after Renka. Not the first time I have seen it used as a reason to not hook up with someone in a quest.

3. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

There's this thing that happens on the internet, where your text input is stripped of all tone, body-language-based implications and everything else.

This is why it's so important to doublecheck what you're posting - as peeps can ONLY go off what you wrote.

Also, 'you people' is EXACTLY the same thing as 'people like you' within the context of potential disparagement - regardless of your INTENT using that line, it's commonly used for that purpose so that's the meaning that was read.

To avoid that... again, double check what you write.

I mean seriously - when multiple people consistently misunderstand you, then that usually means the problem is your articulation, not their understanding. That's a pretty common rule of life, even.
    See, this here's a great example of how to raise a point - smuthunter articulated coherent and valid concerns about the Renka thing, and did so in a clear fashion so there's no misunderstanding him.

Personally I think his example's a bit off base because of the aforementioned opportunity gain of the Chinese alliance, but that's neither here nor there. The point is they made their dissenting opinion clear cut, difficult to misinterpret and easily accessible.

Least Devotee likes this.
  4. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

You should quote a dissenting opinion then. It seemed like you were arging with bob by quoting him, directing the comment at him.

5. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

I realized that. I proabably should have put 'I bet you, people' or something like that to make the 'you' be clear that I was using it to address you as a person. Like a comment too you.
    It was more of a comment to bob not me arguing.

6. Selias

Selias Well worn.

He was saying that he was betting you (Bobs Beard) that people would try to make going after Renka to be NTR. Not that he was betting that "you people" would try to make going after Renka to be NTR.

EDIT: Huh. How did I miss that nightblade had said that, four hours ago.

7. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

This is why conjunctions are important. "I'll bet you people do this" has a very different meaning than "I'll bet you that people do this".

Remember people: Proper grammar is the difference between helping your uncle, Jack, off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse. Please use proper grammar.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    skaro, Walkir, Least Devotee and 7 others like this.
  8. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

I wonder if we could get Kenichi to warm up to the idea of getting a harem...
    :V

9. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Yes, as long as he can defeat all the Masters in the dojo he should be able to embrace the idea of getting a harem, being in our party also helps a lot.

Least Devotee and kinglugia like this.
  10. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Excellent! I wonder what kind of TMA we should teach him, should his Essence be Awakened.

11. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

I'm all for making Renka at least a friend or ally. Having someone with knowledge of/connections that can get knowledge of Chinese bullshit, up to and including martial arts, magic, magic martial arts, Chinese Dragons (which can be a path to the Sage Dragon mode), more allies, fun fights, information, information, information and that she is in distress of the familial honor/emotional/soon-to-be-financial type and a damsel (though none should ever combine them in front of her I think). Many good reasons. Can also understand why not wanting to have as well.

Still, irrelevant until enemies smashed, yes? We has plan of attack yes?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  12. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

I think the winning vote is one of the premade infiltration attempts.

Which seems silly to me as that doesn't mean 'use the cover the chaos to one's benefit' but 'try to infiltrate a roused-attention location that clearly thought they could hold onto a magic sword of some sort and keep it on the downlow'.

kinglugia and EternitynChaos like this.
  13. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

Is very silly, yes. But is silly times. Is vote locked? Cannot remember.

14. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Issei has zero dots in stealth. Of course he wouldn't choose the stealthiest option, he'd be better off kicking the front door in.

15. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

I thought we were just walking in through the door and fuck whatever was in our way?

16. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

I don't think we're planning on being that forward.

We should atleast buy her dinner first.

Enohthree, Sol Mark-1, tomio and 9 others like this.
  17. Threadmarks: Extra Arc II: Shinobi, Swords and a Visit to Hell (Part 5)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

’What to do, what to do...’ At this point you can either wait until the fight is over, or join and bring it to a swift end. Except you can’t quite afford to waste time, and since she has it under control butting into the girl’s fight would be an insult to her. Never mind the fact you don’t want to end at the receiving end of her kicks.

In the end you decide to keep searching for the sword, since it’s the real reason for your presence here. And lucky: there’s a luscious distraction already there!

But before you can act on your decision another body flies out of the broken window, this time in direct collision route with you and with Renka-san drilling one foot into the unfortunate fop’s stomach. It’s child’s play to snatch him by the jacket’s neck and redirect him away, just a second after the chinese girl jumps off.

Renka-san lands with the grace of a cat. Damn, so close the sight of her bare legs is even more mouth-watering. Wait, is it okay to have perverted thoughts towards the daughter of a person you super respect and who has the enough skills to bend you like a pretzel without breaking even a single bone? Such a strong moral dilemma!

[He isn’t serious, is he?]

[Girls’ matters are serious business for Issei-kun~!]

When she looks up Renka-san’s eyes widen in recognition and she points a finger at Kensei, who freeze. “I finally caught up with you Papa!” Her eyebrows narrow in disapproval when her gaze shift to Shigure. “Stop wasting time and come back with me to-” Then her eyes move to the right until they fall on you. “China…”

That’s when something strange happens. Not unusual, since you saw it happening before, but you are still confused since it has no reason to happen.

Why should Renka-san stop in mid-sentence, looking for all the world as if someone stopped time?

Pink starts to spread on her skin from the base of the neck to the face and the ears, growing in intensity until she resembles a statue whose face someone painted red… though you’re pretty sure statues don’t go all huffy and panting like she is.

[Is this kid serious?]

You turn to Kensei, already well used to ignoring your less than helpful senpai. “Okay, I got nothing. Do you know what’s happening?”

The aged master shakes his head. “Usually at this point Renka either try to hit or tie me up. A pressure point technique with delayed effect maybe?”

By now you swear you can see steam coming out of Renka-san’s ears - and her lips are twitching in a sorta smiley way! The last of those things isn’t so strange, but the first one’s the kind of thing that only happens in anime! The weirdest part is you could swear you know the look she’s sporting but you can’t think of anything that’d cause it. Well, whatever it is you’d bet Kensei’s encountered it before right? He has that sort of ‘I kind of recognize this I think’ look on his face just like you! ...Well, that or that’s just how his face looks, but whatever!

“You’re an expert on pressure points, shouldn’t you check on her?”

“And risk this being a trap to goad me into getting close? Do you think I didn’t teach my daughter how to be pragmatic?”

“Come on, are you telling me you couldn’t escape when and how you want even if-”

That’s when Shigure pokes the chinese girl’s cheek.

“-!-?-!” Renka-san screams something in chinese, gesticulating and shaking her head wildly.

“...On second thought, maybe you should do something.” Now Kensei looks really worried.

Renka-san stops, still red-faced however, and points both at you and Shigure while staring straight at you. “YOU! WHO ARE YOU?!”

“Indeed.” A new voice interjects, the probable owner coming out from the front door. “Who the hell are you people?”

He spots a shaved head, leaving less than a centimeter of his red hair. Stands at six feet and two inches tall with a lean but solid frame, he is wearing a black biker suit with green highlights. His eyes are fierce, staring at you and the others with controlled disdain. At his back and sides are two other guys similar in appearance to him, as if they tried to become his carbon copy.

Those guys...were not part of the group that Renka-san was fighting.

Showing good discipline Renka-san snaps out of whatever funk she was under with nothing more than a scrub to her nose and follows with a lunging pre-emptive strike, fluidly hitting the new arrival in the stomach with both fists surging forward at the same time.

CLANK!

‘The sound of metal being hit? Does he have armor under his clothes?’

“Tsk.” Like a snake his hand lashes out and grabs Renka-san’s right ankle, hoisting her in the air upside-down. Undaunted the girl sends a whiplash strike at his head with her free leg.

CLANK!

Only for the same sound of before to resonate again. But you aren’t very sure, busy as you are trying to not stare at Renka-san’s now exposed plump ass and white panties.

“Worthless maggots.” Starting from his cheek the biker’s skin turns darker, acquiring an almost metallic sheen. The same thing happens to the other two. “Pathetic attacks like this cannot bypass my Iron Spirit technique. This is the ultimate defensive technique that makes skin harder than steel: You cannot beat me!”

That’s when you and the Masters move.

Shigure’s sword hits the right goon multiple times in less than a second, his clothes down to the underwear shredding and the metallic sheen falling off his skin into clan cut fragments without spilling even a single drop of blood. A final, swift strike to the flat of the blade puts him out of commission.

Kensei Ma smites the left goon’s lower stomach with what could never be considered a gentle palm strike. Ripples spread on the body’s surface from the point of impact, the iron color peeling back like paint under the spreading force. The guy’s eyes roll into their sockets, foam spews out of his mouth, and then he topples backward to the ground, knocked out.

Stomping on the ground in front of the biker you unleash a elbow strike, a subtle use of Essence delivering enough damage that your opponent double over in pain in spite of the armor technique. You’re used to destroy the armored robot of Azazel, the hardness of normal steel is nothing before you. The guy’s eyes bulge out of his sockets, spit coming out of his mouth that you dodge by tilting your head.
    “Don’t get-” Kensei begins.

“-Ahead-” Shigure continues.

“-Of yourself.” You finish.

The moment the biker staggers and his hands go slack Renka-san bends up behind the guy to put him in a headlock, heaves backwards and throws both of them into the ground, his-face-first. She bounces back, spinning to adjust her footing, but before that you catch the chinese girl in your arms bridal style. Not that you could have avoided it, you were pretty much in the way of her landing. “Are you okay?” You ask in genuine worry.

Her response is a smile fit for the cat that got the canary, her strands of hair wagging like tails-Wait, what?

Before you can ponder on the last part her face switch to embarrassed and then furious. The next instant she’s trying to hit you with a barrage of fists, forcing you to twist in truly awkward ways to avoid them without making her fall.

Seriously, what is going on?

----

‘Masters! Three of them! We’re done for!’ Are the thoughts of the old shop’s employee that was watching the fight from behind the counter. When he saw the three strongest members of their group fall so easily despair overcame him and he ran to the further side of the warehouse.

Gritting his teeth to stop the trembling of his hands he takes out a ring of keys and opens a door closed with multiple locks. He runs inside, ignoring the various merchandise that would earn a lot of money if sold on the black market.

“We’re done! Done! Done! Done...Unless!” He instead approaches a section closed off by white ropes similar to those found in shinto shrines, their surfaces littered with paper charms. Brushing aside and breaking them without regards he steps in front of the only thing kept behind them, an altar connected with many chains all tied around a single elongated object kept at the top. The chains have many mystical symbols engraved on them, glowing with an eerie purple light.

“Unless I use this!”

Ignoring the many warnings his boss gave him in the past the man grabs the object and begins removing the chains.

----

“Why, exactly, are you trying to hit me? I saved you!”

“Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!”

By this point Renka-san’s assault became so fierce that you need every bit of concentration to dodge and parry her attacks. Particularly given they’re still being thrown from between your arms. You’d think she’d have leapt away, pushed off or something so she could attack you properly and stuff, but you guess whatever’s wrong with her makes that a bad call. Kensei and Shigure are watching from the sidelines, having stated something on the lines of ‘Masters don’t interfere in Disciples’ fights’. You’re also 100% sure Kensei’s giggling at your expense over there!

Lazy bastards.

That’s when a truly massive wave of magical energy hits you with the strength of a out of control truck. Your head whips towards the old shop, followed by Shigure’s and Kensei’s. Even Renka stops and turns wide-eyes in the same direction.

BOOM!

A section of the building explodes outwards.

BOOM!

BOOM!

BOOM!

The same thing repeats itself three times, each one coming closer to the entrance and the magic becoming stronger. Just before it reaches the front a powerful imagine appears in your mind:

[] Tiger
    [] Hellfire
    [] Eldritch

----

Write-ins are not allowed, apart from the reaction to one of the choices of course.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  18. ragoogar

ragoogar Versed in the lewd.

[X] Eldritch

19. Thraz

Thraz Person Who Lurks

[X] Tiger

20. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Ooh~ Tiger-based Youkai-Ningen fusion? Tiger Style shenanigans? Tiger Warrior? Tiger-headed guy with a buff body swinging an elegant demonic katana? Torashinai!?
    Nuclear Hatefire that gives off supercancer?
    I IS A LULU yoUR ARGUMENtS ARE INVLAI!D

21. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

22. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

[X] Tiger

I have to say, I find the whole "Psycho chick tries to beat the hell out of a guy for 'embarrassing' her" thing to be just as unpleasant as it would be with the genders reversed.

We're not that lucky.

Where would he have gotten a sword blessed by Ligier?

23. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

[X] Tiger
    -[X] Without turning away, you ask, "That's the sword, isn't it?" Because of course it is, your luck demands nothing less.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  24. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Tiger

25. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

[X] Eldritch
    -[X] Without turning away, you ask, "That's the sword, isn't it?" Because of course it is, your luck demands nothing less.

26. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Another reason DxD is better than all the other harem shows: no psychotic domestic abuse tsunderes shitting things up.

[X] Tiger

27. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

[X] Eldritch

28. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

[X] Hellfire

Sorry guys, it's FIRE. I am a man of principles. And a pyromaniac of principles, too.

Oh and Alex, employer is someone who employs people. If you're thinking about someone who works for an employer, that'd be an employee.

29. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

What was with her reaction? Was presence excellency so effective? I mean I got we we come off as attractive but that was a little over the top.

30. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

I would like to point out that this isn't about being Tsundere: Renka is just used to communicate with her fists. At least, that's the interpretation I had of her.