1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

We got Eiko as a very loyal familiar.

I wonder if Issei can invent a Charm to have more familiars?

MHLord and Walkir like this.
  2. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

yup if the child is eiko's XD

I don't think Issei needs more familiars, allies sure

what he needs most though is spells!

TheWave, Enohthree, kinglugia and 7 others like this.
  3. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

Say, experts in Exalted stuff, some questions here.

Are there any charms/etc that the type of Solar Issei is could learn, that:
    • [1] Cause an attack's damage to take effect before the attack's actually been physically made (causality fuckery like 'Enemy takes damage, THEN you swing).
    • [2] Are specifically imbued with some means of preventing the foe from perceiving the attack.
    • [3] Can impose sensory deprivation (any sense) on the target alongside the actual physical impact of the strike.
    • [4] Use the strength/format of the enemy's attack as a direct augment or booster to a counterattack sort of move.
    • [5] Are designed to allow ranged implementation of melee attacks (like bullshit vacuum punches and stuff)
    • [6] Allow the user to forcibly move around the target in the specific directions as part and parcel of the attack.
    • [7] Induce attacks to scale to the strength of the opponents defense (a light punch against a soft target becomes a sledgehammer against a hard one)

Sol Mark-1 and EVA-Saiyajin like this.
  4. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

6 and 7 well, 6 is basicly Heaven Thunder Hammer, and 7 is just stunting the ability to ignore soak or hardness more of the rest can be done with shaping charms *fae BS* or custom martial arts charms

5. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

Not that I know of. Probably not any that are rules legal. Edit: could probably stunt most perfect attacks this way on second thought.
    Anything that gives an internal or external penalty can be stunted that way.
    See 2
    Not off the top of my head.
    Yep, can't recall the names at the moment.
    Can't recall any at the moment, can recall some dodges though, but it wouldn't surprise me if they existed. Edit: miss read target as move the user around the target, and once again see Eternity's post.
    Maybe, probably all high essence. Edit, see Eternity's post.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  6. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

One With the Wave and Sky Breaker Throw.

One With the Wave
    Cost: 5m; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3;
    Type: Reflexive (Step 9)
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Counterattack
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Crashing Wave Throw
    In a moment of pristine stillness, the Solar’s inner eye opens.
    Caught between calm and storm, she becomes the channel
    through which all forces flow, and that which would tear her
    asunder is cast aside. When the character is struck by a closerange
    attack, she may activate this Charm to make an unarmed
    Martial Arts counterattack against her opponent—specifically,
    a clinch attempt. If successful, the Lawgiver melds the course
    of her opponent’s attack into a throw to the ground or a solid
    surface within up to (Martial Arts x 5) yards, inflicting the presoak
    damage of the attack which triggered this Charm upon
    the unlucky opponent.
    Alternately, the Lawgiver may choose to hurl her victim at
    another foe within range of the throw. This is modeled as a
    second (Dexterity + Martial Arts) attack with a base damage
    equal to the raw damage of the attack which triggered One
    With the Wave.
    At Essence 4+, the Solar may use One With the Wave to respond
    to successful ranged attacks using physical projectiles. In
    this case she appears to be scathed by the missile, curling along
    the angle of the shot to pluck it from the air and whip it back
    at her opponent. This (Dexterity + Martial Arts) counterattack
    has a range of the Solar’s line of sight and a base damage
    equal to the attack’s raw damage against her. At Essence 5+,
    the Solar may use One With the Wave to answer energy-based
    attacks, channeling them directly through her body and back
    at her enemies.

Sky Breaker Throw
    Cost: 7m, 1wp; Mins: Martial Arts 6, Essence 6;
    Type: Reflexive (Step 9)
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Counterattack
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Horizon-Hurling Tactic, One
    With the Wave
    For the most part, the Solar Hero is a picture of gentility.
    However, the ill-timed flailing of an assassin or a Yozi with poor
    table manners may catch a Lawgiver in the worst of moods.
    The Solar may activate this Charm to make an unarmed Martial
    Arts counterattack in response to a successful close range
    attack. On a successful counterattack, rather than inflicting
    damage, the Solar automatically throws his opponent 100 yards
    for every die of pre-soak damage on the attack that triggered
    Sky Breaker Throw, inflicting appropriate falling damage on
    impact. If the attack exceeds 20 pre-soak dice, Sky Breaker
    Throw hurls the opponent ten miles. If the Solar uses Sky
    Breaker Throw to respond to an attack inflicting 30+ pre-soak
    damage, the Solar may fling his opponent from his position half
    the distance across Creation.
    Against an attack of 50+ raw damage, the range of the
    throw becomes infinite, allowing the character to designate a
    fitting location for his foe to touch down. For example, the Solar
    may choose to bounce his victim off the tip of the Imperial
    Mountain, in which case the target is catapulted to one of the
    far ends of Creation. Alternately, the character may express his
    displeasure by hurling his victim into the heart of the sun. If
    the Solar is particularly wroth however, he may fling his foe
    out into the stars, where his victim smashes through an unseen
    layer of Creation and comes screaming down over the brass
    skyline of Malfeas to leave a crater in the street. Any impact
    triggered by a throw of 20 or more pre-soak dice carries a penalty
    of arbitrarily high damage, sufficient to kill on impact. Due
    to a peculiarity in the distance between Creation and the Demon
    City, if the Lawgiver’s victim survives being slammed into
    Malfeas, he will be unable to move from his crater of impact
    for five days, until time has caught up with him. Being targeted
    with a social or physical attack causes time to catch up with the
    character, allowing him to rise and act as normal. The player
    and Storyteller may work together to come up with additional
    interesting results for a throw of this magnitude. Note that Sky
    Breaker Throw requires that the victim be hurled into a specific
    location; the player may not choose to throw his victim
    into a limitless vacuum of empty space or send them infinitely
    sailing across the Wyld.
    When used in realms other than Creation, Sky Breaker
    Throw may not be used to throw opponents into Creation save
    through stable passage points (such as a shadowland during the
    day, or an open portal between Creation and Autochthonia;
    under no circumstances may a Yozi be hurled out of Malfeas).
    Players should work with their Storyteller to define new and
    interesting parameters for a victim’s landing inside of their current
    realm. Possibilities include, while fighting in the Underworld,
    banking the First and Forsaken Lion off the well of Stygia
    and into the maw of Oblivion; or while in Malfeas, throwing
    Ligier down Isidoros’s throat.
    This Charm’s magic will not function without the Solar
    channeling his retributive fury into it; as such, it may never be
    used for the purpose of intentionally facilitating rapid transportation,
    rather than acting as a weapon.

7. Threadmarks: Extra Arc II: Shinobi, Swords and a Visit to Hell (Part 7)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] Tell the others to clear the area and keep bystanders away from the scene, then step into view of the creature and call out a challenge while adopting Fist of the Daystar Form and drawing out Boosted Gear into its gauntlet form.
    -[X] Stunt Smuthunter
    -----

There is only one thing to do. “I’m giving it a shot.” You stand up, fingering your armlets. “Can you clear the area of bystanders?”

“Are you crazy?” Renka scoffs in a tone that sounds condescending. Her right foot tilts left and right and she looks away. “...If Papa couldn’t do a thing, what make you thi-”

“Alright.” Kensei replies without hesitation, softly tugging his mustache with one hand while the other is behind his back.

“Papa?!” Renka turns around to stare at her father in confusion, before switching to look you. You get the feeling she’s observing you way more seriously than before.

“...Besting a Saingeom in a state like this is less a question of technique or application of skill, but of absolute power - and Issei-kun has that in spades.” He eyes the red armlets around your wrists. “Are you going to boost?”

“If necessary. Don’t forget that I’m kind of made to face big guys like that one.” You smile with confidence.

Renka groans, muttering something on the lines of [idiot], but stops in when Kensei takes her hand and drags her away: at first she seems surprised and then giddy, before switching to a resolute look. By the way her arm’s muscles are tensing she is not going to let go of her father’s hand so easily. Shigure flashes a thumb-up with her usual stoic face and departs too, running on the wall to reach the rooftop.

You step out of the alley and face your opponent as the others depart in the opposite directions, your stance loosening into the natural form of a peerless gladiator. Boosted Gear in gauntlet form appears around your hands, the red metal becoming gold as your Essence pervade them and your entire body.
    Your opponent pauses in its rampage and turns to regard you, judging your worth.

“당신은 천국의 메신저의 힘에 직면 누구인가?”

“Sorry big guy, I can’t understand you.” You reply, tempted to use your pinkie to clean your ear in a show of confidence, but refrain from doing so once you remember your fingers are currently encased in sharp metal claws.

“This one shall use thine people’s pitiful language then.” You are surprised at the quick switch to archaic Japanese. “Art thou a warrior that decided to answer this one’s glorious challenge?”

“Oh no, not at all.” You raise your left fist and clench it. “I’m just gonna put you down before you cause too much more damage - you see?”

“Arrogance! Or it is confidence? All shall be made clear in arms’ contest! What is thine name warrior?”

“My family name is Hyodo, and my given name is Issei.” Uh, why did you say it like that? Could it be your inner ham swelling? Do you need to hire the great Norio to voice-over your life? “If I can ask before we begin, why are you searching for an opponent?”

“This one’s title as bestowed by the creator is Jan-Inhan Chujeog!” It bellows with evident pride. ”For many years this one was laid to rest in its latest master’s tomb to protect his reliquary, until one day the sigil was broken and this one retrieved. But those searching this one’s power were wicked men consumed by greed and pride, rabble unworthy of this one’s power! This one rejected them, and as reward was locked under a strong seal, stronger than this one’s ability to break. But now the seal is broken, and this one can finally search for a new and worthy master to serve! Move North Heaven to destroy evil in the land, make for righteousness in the natural order! This is what this one’s existence is for!”

“I see. I understand now.” You narrow your eyes. “Even then, your actions are causing troubles for the residents. As the defender of this city I can’t allow it! Prepare yourself Jan-Inhan Chujeog!” Your Anima Banner blazes. “I’m Hyodo Issei! Sekiryuutei! Prince of the Earth! Chosen of Ignis Divine, God of the Sun, Perfection and Victory! Your rampage will cease, by my hands!”

“Ahahahahaha!!! This one senses great power! Are thine titles only boasts? This one will find out!!”

A gentle breeze blows through the wrecked street as you face each other. The battle begins with a flick of your wrist and a 'come get some' gesture. Your opponent roars and charges at you, and the fight is on.

The giant blade smites a path from on high, descending with the swiftness of an eagle and the might of a tiger, but this time you’re ready: mere moments before the impact you jump to the side and wall-jump off any of the convenient nearby building, soaring in the air in a crescent arc that brings above the blade and near the giant’s chest.
    Jan-Inhan’s other palm comes to meet you in a well-done intercepting counter meant to swatter you away like a fly. Instead of panicking you twist and meet the larger-than-you palm with your own punch. It’s like punching one of those great bell you can find in shinto shrine, only louder.
    What gives first is the metal surface of the giant’s palm, the strike opening a hole through it, letting you confirm that the interior is hollow, and stopping the limb’s motion. Taking advantage of Jan-Inhan’s surprise (you assume so at least) you grab the fingers and throw yourself past them towards its chest. Using the armor’s scales as tiles you climb up to its head.

“To imitate a monkey, t’his hardly dignified!” The sword’s flat side comes down on you. Having a metal body, the giant probably concluded the damage is acceptable if it doesn’t try to cut.

“I just wanted to reach...this exact position!” With a sudden burst of speed you reach its neck, both arms leaning forward-

And push down, hard, slamming it on the ground. Normally the difference in weight would make it impossible, but Celestial Martial Arts are awesome like that.
    “What?!”

“My predecessors wrestled with beings that dwarfed mountains in size! And won!” You shout, your arms around its neck stopping him from moving. “Newbie or no you’re still an ant compared to them! AAAAAHHH!!!”

In a physics-defying feat you hurl Jan-Inhan’s enormous body away, taking care to avoid aiming at any of the near buildings. It soars in the air until it lands with a deafening [BOOM!].

Almost immediately a concentrated wave of air from the landing point hits you, slamming your body against a car. It hits a door, blow right through it and out the other side before.

Jan-Inhan steps forward, its armor dented in many places. “T’was many centuries since this one was forced down! Hyodo Issei, art thou a warrior of old reincarnated into a new life?”

“...No.” You stand up, thumb wiping the blood from your lips. “But I have one such warrior as a mentor!”

{Minus the ‘reincarnated’ part, you mean. But only for now.}

Despite being in the middle of a serious fight hearing the Elder Solar’s voice makes you stop. ‘Bright-sensei? It’s been a while since you made your presence known.’

{Your recent troubles were unworthy of my advices.} She replies in a de-facto tone. {However, I have one now. Be grateful.}

‘...And what would it be?’

{Dodge.}

SLASH!SLASH!SLASH!SLASH!

Jan-Inhan’s flurry of blows ravages the area where you were. Recovering from the hastily made roll you jump to your feet and dash towards the giant. ’This lowly one is greatly grateful! For real!’

----

Bright leans back on the throne with a smug grin. Ddraig and the past possessors roll their eyes.

----

In the ends the only advantages the living sword Jan-Inhan Chujeog had were its size, unusual speed and the ability to generate blades of wind… so really it had bunches of advantages. Too bad they didn’t help it all that much:The first is what worked in your favour, allowing you to nimbly dodge and strike with unmatched ferocity.

The giant sword spins in the air before lodging itself in the ground. Around it are the broken remains of the giant tiger-headed armor. You are panting deeply with your hands on your knees, using the last motes of your Essence to heal the wounds on your body.

“Magnificent young warrior!” From the sword Jan-Inhan’s voice rumbles with mirth. “Thou proveth thyself worthy beyond doubt! At least, after all this time, this one can be used again...”

The giant sword shrinks to a normal size of around one meter in length. It glows orange, a scabbard appearing around it. “Thy is the victor, to thy goes the spoils. Use this one as thy wish.”

[Spoils of war! Spoils of war! Get it! Get it!]

“Calm down will ya?” You chuckle are reach to the sword, picking it out of the asphalt. You limp towards the others for a few more steps before the last of your cued healing kicks in and you straighten up with a sigh of relief. You observe their reactions: Shigure is clapping with sparkles in her eyes and face still expressionless, Kensei is grinning and nodding while twirling one mustache, and Renka…’Wow, I didn’t know eyes can widen so much! And were they always cattish like that?’

[Plus the dead fish expression...Yeah, I don’t think it’s normal. Bright, you’re a medic: is the girl alright?]

{She is, she is.}

“Not bad Issei-kun!” Kensei pats your back. “Tell me what your style is called again?”

“Fist of the Daystar, or also Solar Hero Style. But I haven’t mastered it yet.” You rub the back of your head, the praise from a person you respect feeling good. Renka blinks and mumbles to herself. You catch the phrase: 'Rrrright, of course: it's just an exotic martial art... made to fight giants, or something. Okay. Fine!’

“I noticed: you waste your movements and made predictable patters.” Ouch! “Come to the dojo when you have time: I can think of a few Kenpo techniques that would help shave away the chaff.”

“Seriously? I surely will!” Lessons from Ma-sensei himself? Sweet!

You turn to Shigure and bow to apologize, holding up the Saingeom. “The sword is here, but...well, it chose me as its master. Sorry.”

“Don’t... be.” She waves her hand, the tips of her lips curving upward in a rare display of simple smile. “Wanted...to keep safe. You...good master. Will use...well.”

That’s a pleasant surprise. Wait, does this mean…’Is this my first true reward for a side-quest done well?! My first legendary weapon!’

[Ooh.] Elsha cooes sweetly. [Boys and their fixation big, hard, long things meant to be stabbed in deep~]

...That was disturbing on so many levels.

“This was a night to remember.” Kensei stretches his arms and grimaces. “And I still need to have a conversation with my daughter about how… beyond convention some martial styles and practitioners can be.” Said daughter was still silent, eyes fixated on you. The shocked look is now replaced by a contemplative one. “What about you?”

“I...go back to Dojo. See you...there. Bye.” With that said Shigure leaves though roof-jumping.

You and Kensei wave at her before the old master takes her daughter’s hand and drags her away. “Come Renka. Hakubi-kun is still open, we shall talk in front of a hot tea.”

“...One moment.” Surprising her father Renka lets go of the hand and turns to you, arms crossed under her generous chest and a serious expression on her face. “You. What’s your name?”

Didn’t she hear it at the battle’s beginning? “Hyodo Issei.” You reply with a polite and resolute tone, the sword resting on your shoulder.

“Ma Renka.” She points at you. “We’re not done yet, Hyodo Issei.”

Then she turns around, grabs Kensei and walks away dragging him with her. You and the master exchanges confused glances, you wordlessly sharing your confusion and Kensei answering with a father’s ‘well, what can you do’ indulgent face.

----

“Ise! Where are you been?” Rias demands when you came back. Sitting in your living room like they own the place are the Occult Research Club, complete with the Fallen Angels Trio that you haven’t see in a while, Asia, Mittelt, Eiko, Ruby, Yang, Shougo and the Shinobi. “You said you would call! And what’s that sword?”

“Sorry, sorry. Things got hectic quickly.” You bow in apology. “But the reward was quite generous!” You raise the sword. “Look at this, an ancient Korean evil-spirit-slaying blade!”

The ghostly outline of a tiger’s head appears in front of the pommel. “This one is named Jan-Inhan Chujeog. Greetings.”

“...Did that sword just talked?”

“I did not miss things like this.”

“It can transform too!….Wait. Jan, can you change shape too?”

“Certainly. What shape thou want this one to assume?”

You know exactly what you want. “Basically how you are now, but bigger!our-no, five feet long, six inches wide and like, half an inch thick!”

The saingeom glows orange. On cue you take it out of its scabbard and raise it in the air, watching as the blade expands and elongates until it takes the rough proportions of Bright’s Cruel Wisdom.

“Boo-yeah!” You swing the enormous but very light sword, performing kata taught to you by Bright, Kiba and Shigure. “Finally...My very own Daiklave!”
    “Yuuto-kun? Why...are you eating Dohna’s hat with ket-”

“Not a word *munch* Not. A. Word.”

You have a shit-eating grin righ now.

[..I remember now. They did bet on something like that.] Ddraig muses.
    ----

The next morning you and the others use the magic circle to go to the Netherworld. Everyone that was in your living room yesterday agreed to come, either out of duty or for fun.

When you arrive the first thing you notice is not how the sky is a rich purple or how the ambient magic is way stronger, but how incredibly huge what you assume the Phenex’s castle is! You saw European castles in documentaries, but this one looks like it could contain five of them with plenty of room to spare!

[Devils are filthy rich. Or better, they place great importance on material wealth. But I assume your Heaven is way more impressive, if only because they had millennia to build it.]

’You visited Heaven sempai?’

[No, I was chased through it.]

“Welcome to the House of Phenex. Issei Hyodo-dono, Rias Gremory-sama and the other guests. I am Yubelluna, Raiser Phenex-sama's Queen.” A woman with long, wavy purple hair and wearing robes greets you in front of the castle’s gates. Beside her is a young girl with long blonde hair and dark blue eyes, who instead stay silent.

You and Rias both return the greeting. Behind you hear the others do the same in various degrees. “Thanks for having us.” You turn to the blonde girl, who refuses to look you in the eyes. Somehow her face feels familiar. “Forgive me for asking, but have we meet before?”

Her eyes shoot up to meet yours. “Y-You even have the gall to for-Urgh!” Realizing the breach of protocol she coughs to clear her throat and addresses you properly, albeit with a pink hue on her cheeks. “My name is Ravel Phenex. Raiser is my older brother. We met the day of the duel!”

’Now I remember!’ You bow, hand over heart all knight-like. “Forgive me for not introducing myself at the time. It’s an honor to meet you Lady Ravel.”

The pink spread and deepens. “I-I-It’s fine! I said it’s fine! Stop bowing already!”

For some reason you hear snickers and groans from behind. Yubelluna interrupts by slightly raising her voice. “Lord Phenex wishes to meet Hyodo-dono in private. I will bring him to the meeting place. In the meantime Ravel-sama will give the other guests a tour of the castle. Is this acceptable?”

You and Rias only need to look in each other’s eyes to reach a decision. “Of course. Lead the way.”

----

The walk takes more than fifteen minutes. You went past the garden of the castle and entered the castle proper throught a gorgeous looking door with a fire bird engraved on it. Inside the ceiling is so high up you could do an aerial battle. All the chandeliers are made of gold and there are expensive looking statues and paintings everywhere. You don’t think something like this exists on Earth.

{Smaller than I would like, and the gold must be replaced with Orichalcum, but it will do. When we conquer this sub-dimension this will become the royal palace.}

Please don’t say something so scary Bright-sensei.

Finally Yubelluna stops in front of a door and opens it. Inside it’s a cozy study with couches and low tables. Standing at attention are various servants, arrayed around a single seated person.

“Oh, the famous Sekiryuutei! What an honor to finally meet you! Come, come, make yourself at home.”

[​IMG]

The one thing that Raiser inherited without a doubt from the man in front of you are the eyes. In contrast his blonde hair are a shade lighter. His white suit is extremely chic, and he holds himself not with arrogance but supreme confidence. He doesn’t look much older than Raiser, but Devils age way slower than humans.

“Lord Phenex I presume.” You bow in respect. “I am Issei Hyodo. Thanks for the invite: it’s a honor to meet you.”

“No no, like I said the honor is mine.” He makes a dismissive gesture. “I am Revache Phenex, current Head of the Phenex Clan of Pure-blood Devils. Would you like tea?”

“With pleasure.”

You are instructed to seat in front of Lord Phenex. The servants quickly prepare the tea and serve it to you. You and Phenex take some time to enjoy the heavenly- pun not intended -taste before he snaps his fingers and the servants leave the room, leaving the two of you alone.

Here we go.

“What I found especially interesting is the speech you gave my son.” Phenex begins casually, his face and tone betraying nothing. “Your comparison of the current Devil society with the 18th Century’s Europe was very interesting. And spot on.” He chuckles. “I should know: I was there watching it.”

He raises a spoon in the air and inclines it, watching with attention the drops of tea falling down. “It’s true that Devil society is changing. It’s also true that there are people like me that like to cling to old glories.”

He puts down the spoon into the cup and looks up into your eyes, one eyebrow slightly raised. “Is it wrong?”

You say nothing. Phenex takes your silence as permission to continue. He spread his arms. “This place. It was me who changed what was once a modest castle into what it is today. Working tirelessly every day since the end of the Great War, where I saw my parents and uncles lose their lives to hold on positions that we were forced to give up anyway.” His tone turns somber. “Is it wrong then, that I wish to preserve this hard-earned fortune intact? Is it wrong then, that I want to secure the future of my Clan and my sons, even if it means playing matchmaker to strengthen important ties to another Pure-blood Clan? Ties that are essential to face any change that may result disadvantageous?”

He folds his fingers together and rest his hands on his lap. He leans back on his chair, eyes boring into yours. “What is your opinion, Issei Hyodo?”

[] Write-in.
    -----

Special edition for the last day of the Year ^^

You don’t need me telling you how much you can’t risk to screw this up, right? Think carefully.

8. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Wanting to secure his sons futures and his clan's wasn't wrong. He just went about it the wrong way.

We should have issei mention that he would do what he for his daughter what he did for Rias.

Akuma-Heika and Prince Charon like this.
  9. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Well, the biggest problem here was Raiser, to be honest. If he were less of an ass, the whole thing wouldn't have happened.

Revache has a point, though. What he did wasn't really wrong, it's the details like that which made the whole thing problematic.

10. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Well kinda of sort of. What he wanted to do wasn't wrong. How he went about it on the other hand is another thing. Rias wasn't raised in 18th century europe. She grew up in modern times. Now the only way I could see an arranged marriage working with her would be if Raiser and her grew up together and were attracted to one another.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  11. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

@Alexander
    That fight scene requires this as the battle music :3
    And I'm totally not trying to introduce you to Labyrinth of Touhou 2:p

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  12. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

[X] Plan Smuthunter [First Presence Excellency]

"It isn't wrong that you have power, and it isn't wrong that you want to preserve that power, especially not for the sake of your children. But in your haste to preserve your power you made Rias Gremory into collateral damage, and that more than anything I cannot accept. Do you understand that you and Lord Gremory created a situation where Rias would be raped on her wedding night? If it had been Ravel in that position, would you have done any less than I did to save her?"

The question surprises him, and you push forward with your point.

"I am not the lord of a wealthy house, and I have no experience with the affairs of the nobility. But I was raised by loving parents, and even if they give me a lot of grief sometimes they were able to bring me up in a harmonious household because they love and support each other. Maybe it's the way of devils to overlook things like that when blood is on the line, but I would think that only a poor house can be built on such rotten foundations as a wife who detests her husband and a husband who thinks of his wife as a trophy for his arm."

The last you say with a reptilian snarl, and you have to put the teacup down before you unconsciously crush it in your grip.

13. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

14. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

[X] Plan Smuthunter

15. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

16. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

@Smuthunter
    I would have suggested something more about bloodline and heritage, rather than power. It seems to fit the feel and vibe better. Or maybe integrate the two.

17. Walkir

I see that aspect covered by this part:

18. KaiserDrgn

KaiserDrgn (Verified Dragon)

I almost recommended something more diplomatic, but then thought fuck it, Dragons gonna Dragon.

Least Devotee likes this.
  19. korat56

korat56 Well worn.

[X] Plan Smuthunter

20. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Yeah, the idea is for both parts to play on two of Lord Phenex's intimacies; the first is his love for Ravel, and the second is the welfare of his household and heritage. "You're trying to make a good decision, but you're actually hurting your descendents because Rias and Raiser as wife and husband could never produce anything more than a broken home."

TheWave, ZipLopz, Enohthree and 11 others like this.
  21. Walkir

And ruin his reputation as a long term thinker for the family's wellbeing in the process.

TheWave, Diller, ZipLopz and 8 others like this.
  22. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Well, just because you're old and are quite intelligent doesn't mean that you're wise :V

TheWave, Diller, ZipLopz and 5 others like this.
  23. soul ice

soul ice Versed in the lewd.

vote changed.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  24. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Gotta agree with the general sentiment. This didn't turn into a clusterfuck because of the situation, but rather the individuals involved.

Raiser acts too privileged and comes off as an ass who can claim the world if he wanted to because of it and also comes off not rally caring about people as anything beyond being his possessions. In short, he's a complete ass to everyone, save perhaps his family and he probably comes off a bit of an ass to even them... maybe.

Rias grew up watching modern day anime and thus has a large infusion of modern day culture and principles, even if its very distorted because of the medium she learned through. She's probably grounded in the Devil's Culture mostly, but her dreams and hopes seem to be based in what she learned on Modern culture

25. soul ice

soul ice Versed in the lewd.

The big thing is that Raiser never considered the pride of anyone but himself. He never considered Rias pride in her self or her family, in her servents, in the leagecy of the family he was joining. Did he even realize that the marriage would mean he was a Gremory now. Did he even think of our pride in our accomplishments in our friendship with the others before he insulted them. He is a diplomatic disaster waiting to happen given Rias close relationship with their leadership. What would have happened if he casually insulted the humans who help the fallen at a diplomatic event. I can only see bad things from this Union until he got a clue.

Least Devotee likes this.
  26. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

27. Crazael

Crazael Could be wittier.

[X] Plan Smuthunter.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  28. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

29. Sol Mark-1