1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Undying Litch-King

Undying Litch-King Not too sore, are you?

Ditto

2. Extras: Shigure Character Sheet
    the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

Rough Character Sheet for Shigure

Name: Shigure Kosaka
    Nickname: Mistress of All Weapons
    Motivation: Track down and recover all her father's weapons.

Attributes
    Physical - Primary
    Strength: OOO
    Dexterity: OOOOO
    Stamina: OOOO

Social - Tertiary
    Charisma: OOO
    Appearance OOOOO
    Manipulation: O

Mental - Secondary
    Intelligence: OOO
    Wits: OOOO
    Perception OOOOO

Abilities
    Dawn Caste
    Archery: OOOOO
    Martial Arts: OOOOO (Specialty: Armed OOO)
    Melee: OOOOO (Specialty: Asian Weapons OOO)
    Thrown: OOOOO (Specialty: Asian Weapons OOO)
    War:

Zenith Caste
    Integrity: O
    Performance:
    -Presence: O (Specialty: Fearsome Aura OOO)
    -Resistance: OOOO
    Survival: OOOO

Twilight Caste
    Craft: OOOOO (Fire Wood) (Specialty: Arms and Armor OOO)
    -Investigation:
    -Lore: OO (Specialty: Arms and Armor OOO)
    -Medicine:
    -Occult: OO

Night Caste
    -Athletics: OOOOO (Specialty: Feats of Dexterity OOO)
    -Awareness: OOOOO
    -Dodge: OOOOO
    Larceny:
    Stealth: OOOOO

Eclipse Caste
    Bureaucracy:
    Linguistics: O
    Ride:
    Sail:
    Socialize:

Intimacies:
    Ryozanpaku (Family)
    Kenichi Shirahama (Little Brother)
    Issei Hyoudou (Curious interest)

Virtues
    Compassion: OOOOO
    Valor: OOO
    Conviction: OOO
    Temperance: OO

Willpower: 9/9

What do you think?

3. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

I'm glad we could have an update before New Year's.

Now let's see if we can get another the day after it.;)

4. soul ice

soul ice Versed in the lewd.

Happy new year everyone.

Haaa I'm not really happy with my own write in or smuthunter's right now. I dislike the use of the rape card true that it might be our objection is to Raiser's willingness to kill over a delayed marriage date not to the fact of the marriage itself. Does Raiser even realize how bad things could have gotten we are not a member of Riases servants and have ties to a number of other factions besides the Devils. As a survivor of the Great War Revache has to know what a heavenly dragon or the weilder of our sacred gear can do let alone the other people who are under our banner and have political ties to us could do. Raiser risked some major problems over what amounts to a temper tantrum and he was going to be a head of a major family even if he was subordinate to Rias. Our problem is not that a marriage was arranged but that Raiser had an absolute disregard for anything but his trophy.

5. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

6. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

Happy New Year!

7. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

This is what the first paragraph of my write-in is trying to get across. We don't care that Phenex and Gremory set up an arranged marriage, we care that Rias would have done just about anything to get out of it. If she had been okay with marrying Raiser then there would have been no reason for us to get involved in the first place.

By extension, Issei also doesn't care at all about devil politics, so trying to defend our actions with something like "well think of the political consequences" is just going to ring false. Issei really isn't very political-minded; what he cares about is that some douchebag was threatening to kill several of his friends and needed to get his face rearranged.

Diller, ZipLopz, Enohthree and 8 others like this.
  8. the DragonBard

Still need our new sword's stats added to the character sheet.

Also, the sword was forged by mortals, right?

If so, Bright's probably trying to figure out how mortals were able to make something so powerful.

9. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Same way a Solar does, just slower. Most of the wonders of the First Age were built by teams of mortal craftsman, maybe with a Solar foreman leading them if it's something important or really complicated like a Warstrider. But stuff like that can take a full year to build, and a year in Creation is longer than on Earth. Princes of the Earth have better things to do than spend all day every day for a full year supervising people who already know how to do their jobs.

10. the DragonBard

So, mortals can make non-magitech artifacts?
    Huh, I thought it was limited to gods, god-blooded, demons, and Exalted.

11. soul ice

If you remove the line about the wedding equaling rape I will have no protests to the rest. it strikes me as a bad idea to accuse the devil noble whose son we beat the shit out of while lambasting an ideology he has some belief in of being an accessory to rape in his own home. I would be offended at that even if I did agree with the rest.

I would rather emphasize that we honestly did not know about the engagement until Raiser told us right before the fight and that we were not fighting him because of the engagement but because Raiser threatened us and our friends. as to the political speak we even mentioned it to Raiser at the start of the fight beating up the person doing good things for your species is a bad thing and likely to earn you some ill will. the battle was not motivated by the fact the engagement existed but Raisers attitude towards those beneath him. The engagement was something we were going to stay out of hell Rias was even somewhat upset that we got involved directly.

12. Selias

Selias Well worn.

@Smuthunter I'd like to have something about how some traditions are fine, while others should change. He likes his castle? Good! It's a pretty bitchin' castle. Other things, like an unhappy marriage that would basically lead to rape? Not so good. Pureblood marriages are fine, as long as neither party is being forced into it, either by actual force, or "duty."

13. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] stunt silversun- activate [First Presence Excellency] and other relevant charms

"It isn't wrong that you have power, and it isn't wrong that you want to preserve that power, especially not for the sake of your children. Your desire to leave a legacy for your children is admirable, after all what parent wouldn't want to give their children the best chance at success they can? The issue in the end is what i have said previously: too many members of the pureblooded nobility have become complacent and many of them do not respond well when that complacency is challenged."

"Sadly your son is an example; he developed a sense of entitlement, a sense that the world owed him is power, his position and even Rias's hand in marriage. When this sense of entitlement was challenged by Rias's success he took it as a threat and immediately moved to force the marriage in a manner that could have spelled disaster for your family. Ignoring her father's reaction the Maous might have been forced to take action and make an example of Riser to show clear that killing the peerage of another devil is not acceptable."

"“Lord Phenex as you have stated you worked to be where you are now. you earned your wealth and prestige. But Raiser has come to the conclusion that he doesn't have to do anything to reach your level of success, that simply by circumstance of his birth power and prestige was, pardon the phrase, his god-given right and not something that he has to earn."

"I was unaware of the engagement until Riser told me just before we fought and his words made it instantly clear why the prestige i brought to Rias was vital to her. Although I can conclude with a fair degree certainty that it was not what you and Lord Gremoy intended; the two of you created a situation where Rias rightly feared that her own ambitions, her plans and even her future were threatened for the sake of your son's. Because of this any marriage between the two would have been a loveless fraud of a marriage that Rias would forever resent and resist."

"There is nothing wrong with taking steps to ensure that the remainder of the Pillars endure but doing so in a manner that is assured to cause more harm then good is where the line has to be drawn."

14. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

So maybe something more like...

"Not in the slightest," you say, immediately setting the teacup down and steepling your fingers together in front of you. "I'm not inherently opposed to the Phenex clan's power or to devil traditions. Traditions usually become traditions because they've been proven to work, after all. But what I do oppose, and what I will always oppose, is people using those traditions to justify hurting other people, the way your son did. Did he tell you what he told me just before the fight? That he would murder Rias Gremory's entire peerage if that was what it took to get her to marry him?"

15. junsa

junsa Versed in the lewd.

[X] stunt silversun 2 - activate [First
    Presence Excellency] and other relevant
    charms

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  16. soul ice

yes that is much better.

[X] stunt silversun- activate [First Presence Excellency] and other relevant charms

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  17. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Needs a little bit of work. If nothing else, it's only a one die stunt. You have to interact with the enviroment to bring it to two dice. Describe actions, don't just monologue.

18. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

still figuring out the details to add to increase the die count.

19. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

version 2

"It isn't wrong that you have power, and it isn't wrong that you want to preserve that power, especially not for the sake of your children. Your desire to leave a legacy for your children is admirable, after all what parent wouldn't want to give their children the best chance at success they can? The issue in the end is what i have said previously: too many members of the pureblooded nobility have become complacent and many of them do not respond well when that complacency is challenged." you set the cup of tea down on the saucer, a soft clink echoing across the room.

"Sadly your son is an example; he developed a sense of entitlement, a sense that the world owed him his power, his position and even Rias's hand in marriage. When this sense of entitlement was challenged by Rias's success he took it as a threat and immediately moved to force the marriage in a manner that could have spelled disaster for your family. Ignoring her father's reaction the Maous might have been forced to take action and make an example of Riser to show clear that killing the peerage of another devil is not acceptable." Revache's eyes narrowed at your words and the tips of devils fingers turned white, the teaspoon's metal deforming slightly under the pressure.

"“Lord Phenex as you have stated you worked to be where you are now. you earned your wealth and prestige. But Raiser has come to the conclusion that he doesn't have to do anything to reach your level of success, that simply by circumstance of his birth power and prestige was, pardon the phrase, his god-given right and not something that he has to earn." you took the tea cup back into your and sipped from it before sighing, spreading the steam rising from the tea out over the table.

"I was unaware of the engagement until Riser told me just before we fought and his words made it instantly clear why the prestige i brought to Rias was vital to her. Although I can conclude with a fair degree certainty that it was not what you and Lord Gremoy intended; the two of you created a situation where Rias rightly feared that her own ambitions, her plans and even her future were threatened for the sake of your son's. Because of this any marriage between the two would have been a loveless fraud of a marriage that Rias would forever resent and resist." the devil's jaw tightened at the statment and he set his own tea cup down; his finger prints visable in the spoon's handle.

"There is nothing wrong with taking steps to ensure that the remainder of the Pillars endure but doing so in a manner that is assured to cause more harm then good is where the line has to be drawn." your eyes shifted to that of a dragon's for half a heart beat and the Lord of the Phenex clan's postured changed as your words sunk in.

Trooper1021 and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  20. Mizuki_Stone

Mizuki_Stone Experienced.

Huh, maybe we can slip in something about Noblesse Oblige? There is nothing wrong with the nobility retaining power so long as they are worthy of that power, they have the strength to hold it, the skill to make use of it, the integrity to be worthy of it. There is nothing wrong with protecting ones own but leaving them utterly dependent seems an ugly thing. Certainly one must shield ones loved ones from what they cannot stand against, but giving them the impression that they can do what they want without cost leads to nothing but arrogance that will sooner or later bring down something beyond that protection's ability.

And happy newyear everyone!

21. Fallenblades643

Fallenblades643 Canned food pls?

Something funny about the dragon mindset when you think about it.

At the core of their being lies the concept of "mine." My strength. My Confidence. My everything.

And it makes you realize, how utterly stupid it would be to try and take something they consider their's, be it a friend, a lover, or a companion.

TheWave, Diller, ZipLopz and 6 others like this.
  22. overmind

Happy New Year Everyone!:):):)

Sol Mark-1 and kinglugia like this.
  23. overmind

This one seems better:

[X] stunt silversun 2- activate [First Presence Excellency] and other relevant charms

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  24. Crazael

Crazael Could be wittier.

[X] Plan Silversun 2, with the First Presence Excellency and other relevant charms.

25. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

[X] stunt silversun 2- activate [First Presence Excellency] and other relevant charms

26. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

First of all, a Happy New Year and a sincere thanks to all players that followed and continued to follow this quest. Never in my wildest dreams would I imagined that what started as a way for me to get used to Exalted mechanisms would grow into what is easily the most famous quest on QQ, one with its own Trope page

And for that you have my thanks, for having encouraged me until this point. I hope you will continue to do so for a long, long time ;)

Now, onto news: while I wish to post the next post with due haste (and I will enjoy writing it ^^), my great friend Bobs Beard told me it is advisable to update the Index and reformat the character sheet using the new forum's options, as the current length may scare away potential players.

Hence, the update will experience a little delay as I get to work on that. Apologizes :oops:

Now, to answer your query:
    Very goof Bard, it conveys perfectly how ridiculous powerful the Masters of Ryozampaku are ^^. I only wish I can reward you with Xp for this.
    [COMMON SENSE]: This one speaks the truth.
    Yep ^^. But remember that Issei is a Solar Exalted before being a Dragon. Please have him act on that too.

27. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

[X] Plan Silversun 2, with the First Presence Excellency and other relevant charms.

28. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

[X] Plan Silversun, with all relevant charms.

29. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

30. the DragonBard

Eh.
    Would have been nice, but no biggie.

There's one thing you have to think about though.

As powerful a heroic mortal Shigure is, the Elder, Hayate Furinji is supposed to be even 'more' powerful, to an insane degree.

Makes you wonder if he's not a godblooded, or if he hasn't found some kind of secret to break the five dot limit on Attributes or Abilities.I mean, the man can run on water, read lips over a hundred meters away, and make a heavy door that most people can barely move slam open by just poking it with a finger.

Least Devotee and Sol Mark-1 like this.