1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

QQ Minecraft

Discussion in 'General' started by Garahs, Feb 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

So I've gotten the minecraft bug again.

I've hosted a server before without issue, and it looks like up to 20 people can connect at once. It's vanilla minecraft 1.8.1

Send me a PM if you want in and I'll send you the IP. I'm a big paranoid, so I'm not posting the IP publicly.

2. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

how do you want to run it? Communal Compound that everyone helps with? everyone with their own homestead?

3. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

We can do both, really. A communal startup would be good at least.

4. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

Set up a large chest at the shared base in the first level of the bunker. Feel free to borrow from it as long as the tools are returned/replaced when done.

10 block farm established, 4 blocks tilled and planted
    watchtower/landmark construction started. 6 meter's tall atm.

5. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

Got the first floor of the treehouse finished with layout. Go ahead and make it wider if you want.

Also got the auto chicken cooker set up there and a gate to the nether open. Lured a pair of cows and sheep to a basic holding cell. Didn't feel like breeding them right now though.

ultima333 and Plotvitalnpc like this.
  6. shaderic

shaderic An ordinary cat?

Rigged up a path from my base to the fort. Nothing fancy, but it's elevated and well lit.

It's also made of cobblestone, so it compromises the aesthetic a bit.

I also cleared the tree's a bit around the spawn, so visibility should be better. Later I'm going to work on building a shelter or something there to protect newcomers in case they arrive in the dark.

7. Zege

Zege It's Magic, I ain't gotta explain shit.

I've picked the bug up again myself. Is this still a thing? Or perhaps there's somewhere else we've congregated?

8. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

I'm the only one who's been on in weeks as far as I can tell.

I sent you the IP in case you're curious though.

9. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

I have tried multiple times but the server is never up. Which Version are you running and I guess vanilla?

10. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

It's version 1.8.1 and yes, it is vanilla minecraft.

I just checked the log and Zege was able to log in today. Let me know if you're still having problems.

11. Zege

I haven't played since mid-beta, and all these new stone types are actually really cool, to me. Granite, Diorite, Andesite... I like it.

Wish somebody would hop on though. Kinda dull mining about all alone.

12. Bloodshifter

Lol. I was on earlier, PST here bro. Where are you on the server? I won't be on till tomorrow.

13. Zege

Central Time here, I'm somewhere in the bowels of the earth, vaguely under the general spawning area. I cleared the top of a hill across the water from the great tree, and started a mine beneath. I actually ran into a huge underground ravine somebody had already explored most of - though not the bottom, where I came out.

Also, an Enderman just tried to maul me as I was typing that sentence. Almost didn't hear the bastard over my music.

Anywho, I've put up a lighted pillar of gravel on my hilltop. Once I have enough resources accumulated, I'll be constructing there.

I'll probably be on tomorrow as well, I'm off work for four days and have nothing better to do.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  14. Bloodshifter

Lucky. Yeah if you go to spawn? That floating Island with trapdoor floors on the walk way is the Village Garahs has 745/73/-13?? I forget exactly, its on a sign I left also community mine is surprising untapped I suggest you go there to gather coal and iron.

15. Zege

Good news is, the basics of my tower are complete, all but for final detailing and a ceiling!

The bad news, I lost a massive haul of coal, iron, gold, and other goodies deep in a cavern system I have no hopes of navigating. Friggin' skeleton hit me with an arrow and knocked me off a bridge into a ravine. Those damn bows hit like English longbows, I swear to god.

Bloodshifter likes this.
  16. Bloodshifter

I feel you. You don't know half the trouble I had in making that express way to the new Zombie Spawner and Abandoned Mineshaft. So much lost cobblestone.

17. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

That is why I can't stand playing Vanilla. I loves my jetpack and Longfall Boots(no falling dmg) far too much to go back to having to worry about things like ledges, ravines, mountains, or just zipping up and camping on top of a tree to avoid the mobs.

I use Feed The Beast and the modpack I usually play is usually FTB Unleashed. FTB Monster is more or less an upgraded version of that but my comp doesn't have the RAM to load it without crashing the client :(

18. Bloodshifter

Don't see why, I mean we have mostly Mob Free zones now XP farm and various Automated food systems. Most anything lost can be gotten back quickly.

19. Zege

Unless you're like me and suffer the spelunker's curse. Gotta check out that new cave, even when you know you're already dangerously lost and low on equipment...

20. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

I'm going to work on a villager farm and then a golem farm once I cure a farmer, so we'll be able to recover even easier. :)

21. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

I hate losing my stuff period, even when I have setup farms to easy replace what I might have lost.

I have gone for 100+ hours easily in an Unleashed server without a single death. Even if I did die somehow, I spent time acquiring some of the charms from the Twilight Forest that allow you to retain your items when you die.

That and I find vanilla boring. I like building and setup up complex machines and devices that the modpacks allow for, I don't really like constructing buildings for the sake of construction.

That the machines don't really have a purpose beyond allowing me to build more complex machines is entirely besides the point, up until the endgame in which I have nothing left to build I am highly amused and even then I will still be able to reorganize and make everything more efficient now that I have everything.

You may begin to understand why Factorio grabbed my attention and held it hostage for a solid week.

Ame and Bloodshifter like this.
  22. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

I've started encountering silverfish near 698 / 37 / 1326

It would have sounded more impressive if you didn't say you use easy escape stuff like jetpacks and no fall damage boots.

23. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

No, it's still fairly impressive when you add in all the extras like Twilight Forest realm and things like Mystcraft bookworlds where if the book isn't crafted correctly bad things like constant random lightning strikes, walking in the sun sets you on fire, or even a constant meteor storm that will eventually blast the world down to bedrock will occur. If it's crafted REALLY badly then the world is very unstable and the unstable blocks will fall into oblivion as it eventually eats through even the bedrock as the instability spreads. Also, if you forget to craft a return book before going into the new world, well tough shit and I hope you have a friend who knows where you dropped the book and can bring you an overworld return book because otherwise there is no way back except by dying and respawning. Better hope it wasn't an unstable world that consists of nothing but a 10X10 stone platform where you spawn in at and then an endless ocean of lava. If a meteor blasts apart the spawn area, well your jetpack is going to run out of energy eventually.

Or things as simple as fucking up your setup and your nuclear reactor goes critical, blowing a 50 radius hole in your base and you with it if you put it in the wrong spot, or hooking up a machine to the wrong voltage and it goes off like TNT in your face, or not setting up your oreberry farm correctly to prevent mob spawns in the middle of your base since oreberries only grow in pitch black conditions and you end up with creepers spawning in the middle of your base, or making a mistake when breeding bees, forgetting to put on your beekeeper gear, and then dying when the Void Bees chew you to bits when you walk within 5 squares of their hive since they do about 2 hearts of dmg per second when you have 20 points of armor. or forgetting an offswitch on your wither skeleton farm and logging on with around 200 wither skeletons swarming inside your base, or remembering to install the off switch and have jerk friends who turn it on and then leave because it seemed funny at the time.

That's why I like the modpacks, they add so much new stuff and makes it more complex so that even with the advantageous gear it still has a challenge to it.

Tabac Iberez likes this.
  24. Zege

Huh, that does actually sound pretty neat. I'll have to try them out someday.

25. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Yeah FTB is a great service. Completely free and pretty easy to use. Just download the client, select which modpack you want to use, click install, and it's good to go once it's finished. Just be aware that it takes ALOT more RAM and processing power to run the modpacks with all the new stuff they add in.

I would also highly recommend trawling the FTB Wiki before/during playing them to know just what the hell is going on in whatever modpack you choose. The larger ones like Ultimate, Unleashed, or Monster bear only passing resemblance to vanilla Minecraft with all the new stuff they add like entirely new biomes, biome specific ore spawns so you have to hunt down the correct biome type to get the needed special ore, entirely different methods of crafting with multiple intermediate items needed to craft the higher end gear(the jetpack I use needs a TON of supplies to craft, probably an entire stack of copper, a stack or so of iron, a stack of rubber, at least 6 diamonds, some glowstone dust, and ~2 stacks of coal, plus it needs to be recharged with EU(Industrialcraft electricity) so you have to factor in the fuel to power the generators as well) and the various new machines, blocks, and ores added in as well.

Great fun but it can take abit to figure it all out if you just jump right into a large modpack.

26. Bloodshifter

So just noting here I seemed to be slipping online when no one else is, noted a Golem Farm and lots of tracks as well as finding a cave attached to my house basement boy am I glad block protect is on the TNT explosion from that caused so much lag. Also SLIMES sorta out north-west about a 5 minute walk got 30 odd balls from random spawning. Its in the lost cave of no return fucking hate that place.

27. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

The golem farm is hooked up to a chest up top by a minecart hopper, so easy access to a supply of iron rolling in now.

Bloodshifter likes this.
  28. Bloodshifter

Saw that, also cave? It leads to the area beyond the wall. My house now has a beautiful view of the constantly snowing valley right next to us and I mean CONSTANTLY snowing worked on mining out a vein of Diorite and Andersite and for the full 3 hours it just didn't stop except to rain.

29. Mr_John

Mr_John Versed in the lewd.

...It's been a while since I played Minecraft. I wonder if I even still have it installed? If I do, maybe I'll join.

Bloodshifter likes this.
  30. Bloodshifter

If you do take care around spawn, unlike Garahs Village parts of it are missing light from before explosion protection went up.