1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Planeshunter, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Jarrarad

Jarrarad Getting some practice in, huh?

[x][Save] One for All

2. Rock_on_5002

Rock_on_5002 Making the rounds.

[x][Save] One for All

What must be done doesn’t change, just the stakes.
    Time to live up to that and prove our convictions.

3. Ljapaubeaves

Ljapaubeaves Making the rounds.

[x][Save] One for All

Dude! This is some epic GREED moment right here! I approove!
    Now that i think ybout it, Skitters Costume almost looked like Greed in his true form, all black and almost unkillable.

Greed the friend ftw and Strong Taylor saving all her friends FTW!

additionally:
    i really liked the musical accompaniment to Taylors final realisations. Great chapter!

4. Arksurek

Arksurek Only here for the cookies.

[x][Save] One for All

Honestly, were we ever going to take a different option?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  5. Shaper47

Shaper47 Versed in the lewd.

[X][Save] Taking Two
    -[X][Taking Two] The Heroic Child
    -[X][Taking Two] The Bright Girl

6. Fonteius

Fonteius [Empty Title]

[x][Save] One for All

7. Zakara

Zakara Part-Time Heterodyne

Looks like Taylor’s Ultimate Trip has come to an end and she’s recovered her name to boot. It seems going all in with the determination to try regardless of the consequences earned us a boon from Red, who I’m now fairly sure is Hueco Mundo’s Moon, letting Taylor recover her name the instant she finished the evolution.

[x][Save] One for All

We did not go through all that trouble prying those four out of the inner abyss just to let them sink back into it. Taylor will be reduced to the minimum necessary EE required just saving one of them, so we might as well go One for All in! Besides, basic strategy says safety in numbers is the best way to keep yourself alive in a hostile environment, which Hueco Mundo most definitely is. Better a team with five equally strong members than a single super-strong loner.

8. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

[x][Save] One for All

9. Its_a_cauldron_plot!

Its_a_cauldron_plot! ( Or is it Simurgh?)

[x][Save] One for All
    Everybody is coming, whether they like it or not.

10. Argentis

Argentis Lord of Cinders (retired)

[x][Save] One for All

We will save them, and if things are more dificult because of it, What about it?! If it takes 100% of our power we will go beyond that and make it work. We will go beyond, PLUS ULTRA!

victor janus, phil503 and Zakara like this.
  11. Metoto21

Metoto21 Not too sore, are you?

[x][Save] One for All

Yeah, this is the Taylor option.

12. ThePokeManik

ThePokeManik Mindful Minder

[x][Save] One for All

Nothing changed, just the stakes.

victor janus likes this.
  13. CrimsonFate

CrimsonFate Versed in the lewd.

[x][Save] One for All

Is there a plan/method on how Weaver will save everyone? Cause I could see her saving one soul at a time when she has enough energy to do so.

14. vinzzz001

vinzzz001 Know what you're doing yet?

[x][Save] One for All
    When has having to sacrifice (parts) of herself, and putting others before herself, ever stopped Taylor? It might not be the healthiest mindset but it is her version of heroic.

victor janus likes this.
  15. mariuswinter

mariuswinter Getting sticky.

[x][Save] One for All

16. Harpy81

Harpy81 Versed in the lewd.

[X][Save] One for All

17. Zakara

The description Planes gave is kinda confusing, but I think this is the gist:

We chose to preserve four Lights from ten. We can actively save these four, and some of the discarded six if we wish via Write-In, but there are costs. If we save a preserved Light completely, we split the EE by however many Lights are now active plus Taylor, meaning if we save all four, the EE is divided by five(right now we have 852,225,308 EE, so a fifth of that is still ludicrous). If we reach out to any of the six discarded Lights though, the EE is instantly dropped to the minimum required to survive, even if we save just a single discarded Light and not any others. In addition, we can only save four Lights at the moment, total. We can save four preserved lights, four discarded Lights, and even two each, but never more than four.

Regardless of how much I like Marissa, the whole “instantly spending hundreds of millions of EE” seems to be way more trouble then it’s worth for Lights we already voted against, so I’m sticking with One for All.

18. Demonlorddraco91

Demonlorddraco91 Versed in the lewd.

[x][Save] One for All

19. [Quixotic_being]

[Quixotic_being] Fulfilling every contract to the letter

[x][Save] One for All

I want my touching reunion! Even if I'm the only 'one' there, I refuse to be alone again!

20. Iceflame55

Iceflame55 Enjoying the Lewd Dungeon called 'The Gutter'.

[x][Save] One for All

I believe Taylor will at least TRY to save them all. For one reason or another, they resonated with her. Though I can also see this turning her into an eating machine for a time, as the next stage of 'higher' Hollow, she can start hunting actual GILLIAN. Those are going to going to be far easier for her at least in the beginning as they are more animalistic then 'basic' hollows.

21. Arbitbit39

Arbitbit39 I trust you know where the happy button is?

[x][Save] One for All

22. bobbya1

bobbya1 Not too sore, are you?

[x][Save] One for All

23. ELRue

ELRue Making the rounds.

[x][Save] All for One

24. mattsaber

mattsaber Well worn.

[/ or [​IMG]]

Knightlight likes this.
  25. Zakara

Okay, a clearer analysis:

Right now, Taylor has ten distinct Lights within her inner abyss. Earlier, she chose to actively preserve four of them, but the other six haven’t quite faded back into sleep yet, so let’s just call it ten.

Also right now, at the moment of transition from Menos to Adjucas, Taylor can pick up to four of the ten souls, split her EE evenly with them, and presumably puke them out or something.

There are two distinct categories to choose from: Preserved and Discarded. Preserved are the four souls us voters selected earlier: Chizuru, Fortuna, Masaki, and Tatsuki. If we select them, they get a significant fraction of Taylor’s EE, presumably split from her, and that’s that. Each of them including Taylor will have the same amount of EE, they probably won’t be ravenously hungry like Taylor was in the beginning that led to the Mofo’s unfortunate fate, and they can all sing Kumbaya and hold hands.

Discarded are the ones we didn’t pick: Marissa, Frisk, Monika and the others. If we select them, the effort needed to even reach out to them in the first place will drop Taylor to the minimum required EE to survive, and then spit them out. Leading to up to five absolutely starving Hollows(maybe) in rather close proximity to each other. As Frisk’s friend would say, a Bad Time.

So as much as we want to go full greed and save even the discarded, there are limits to what Taylor can wrangle the situation into, and it just seems like a better idea overall to stick to what we already decided.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    edofthesquid likes this.
  26. Werd Me

Werd Me Making the rounds.

[x][Save] One for All

27. globalwarmth

globalwarmth ruining the weather.

[x][Save] All for One

Greedy

28. Agmus

Agmus Know what you're doing yet?

[x][Save] One for All

29. Naddakka741

Naddakka741 Making the rounds.

[x][Save] One for All

30. Kraotop

Kraotop Tireless Taylor Tormentor

[x][Save] One for All
    -[x][One for All] The Heroic Child
    -[x][One for All] The Shy Girl
    -[x][One for All] The Passionate Girl
    -[x][One for All] The Quiet Child

I voted to get someone else than Masaki and I'm going to stick to my choice, as futile as it may be.

On another note, why did we skip to the adjuchas stage? Taylor got back her name and it just happened. Although, considering the Gillian stage is basically mindless fumbling until it ate enough, maybe the whole thing happened unconsciously. Or the Gillian was already powerful enough to become Adjuchas, but didn't have a dominant personnality to do it until it ate the caterpillar.