1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

He's in the SI timeline as well, the SI just hasn't met him.
    Most of that doesn't apply when you can mind control people.

2. jonasquinn

jonasquinn I trust you know where the happy button is?

To name just a few of the problems with allowing every individual country to make their own deals:

1) It would cause enormous technological disparity between the countries that can afford to deal with ClusterCorp and the ones who cant
    2) Those companies would use extremely predatory practises to take advantage of countries that ordinarily couldn't afford their services and would most likely end up owning them in all but name
    3) The presence of schizo tech will continue to attract even more corporations who will all do the same things
    4) Earth will never be able to become an independent entity on the interstellar stage if it's owned by said corporations

3. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Nothing and no one is immune to failure.

Prince Charon and Darko like this.
  4. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You forgot they have blue ring Alan.

Blue shuts down Orange.

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Paul is extremely resistant to emotional manipulation.

Alan is also a very powerful quasi elemental at best, while Paul is basically capable of becoming a godlike being capable of moving entire planets when he fuses with the Ophidian with just some hand gestures.

6. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

The relations between the various colours of the emotional colours are not absolute, they are defined by how the wielder processes emotion. It's just that most people have some common thinking patterns, especially emotionally.

Paul is pretty far from normal.

Also, I believe someone said earlier that Blue light was useful against Larfleeze only because he hoped to be rid of his ring.

7. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Why are you bringing up things that don't effect the rock paper scissors nature of the light spectrum? :confused:

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Because you seem to believe that Paul has these comic weaknesses when from everything we know of him he doesn't.

9. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

They figured it out in DC 1 Million, the Amazons have Venus, they basically turned it into Valhalla, resurrecting themselves with the Purple Healing Ray when their war games gets one of them killed.

Simonbob, Vorian and Darko like this.
  10. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

But it is.

He was the driving force in creating it.

He's the Embodiment of it's chosen one.

He has said Emodiment's heart in his being as his friggin soul.

And he is an Orange Lantern. "Mine" Is the name of the game.

Beyond that, in the wider galaxy, but especially on Earth. He is its face, and most well known member.

Now, the truest test of whether or not it is His, is if Dox decides to move the OLC into an action that Para-Paul does NOT want to happen in any way shape or form.

11. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'm kind of imagining an omake where a Paul ends up neon genesis evangelion and just fucks up the entire prophecy by waking up in orbit and prematurely awakening all the angels.

Then they all go down at once and tear apart NERVE and a bunch of the human race before Paul stops them, but everything needed to create the human instrumentality project is gone and the remaining cultists freak out and cause a panic as they start leaking the fact that they caused the second impact, control everything, and want to turn humanity into semen.

And just watch Paul get more and more confused as to what the fuck is going on.

12. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

"Mine!" Is only the name of the game if he wants something. If he doesn't want something, like paper money, the ring gets rid of it.

He doesn't want responsibility.

13. Galacticplumber

Galacticplumber Not too sore, are you?

But it's NOT. Did you not pay attention to the part where the command structure places Dox higher, or for that matter that in matters of command dispute at the highest level are settled by votes within a council that Paul is only one member of? But no never mind it's all a matter of who was ultimately the cause like you sai- oh wait. He's not the ultimate cause. The controller which made his ring and sent it to him, setting all this in motion, is also a member of that same council.

14. Maxx Crowley

I do recall all that.

I also recall the single most important point of the entire story.

Para-Paul does whatever the fuck he wants.

What if time.

Jade does something she truly believes is right. But there is political backlash from an area Dox perceives to be of great importance. They demand Jade be handed over for what amounts to trial and execution. Does Paul allow this?

Dox formulates an idea, one he knows requires a Lantern of great skill and power. He orders Paul to do it. Not only does Paul not want to do it, he greatly feels it shouldn't be done. However, all side against Paul, and he is ordered, not convinced, not brought around to see their point, but ordered flat out to do it. Does Paul follow the order?

The OLC transforms into something Paul truly hates. Yet is not an evil organization. Just something totally against what he feels they should be. Does he hand in his ring? Or does he take his Ophidian and leave? Or does he resume direct control of his Corps?

The way I look at it, and the way it seems Paul behaves, Dox is the CEO....Paul is the owner who wants to fuck around doing whatever he wants, and as Richard stated, doesn't want the responsibility.

On Paper Dox outranks him.

On paper.

But if push came to shove....what do you think is going to happen?

Gantradies likes this.
  15. Galacticplumber

Ah, but your logic eats itself. Paul does what he wants. Your initial complaint is that you feel he should more actively interfere in this event. He actively doesn't want to. Quite well established in his own thoughts, and his conversations with everyone involved.

Doesn't matter what argument you try to bring in service of your point. They're all objectively either false, or self-defeating.

16. Maxx Crowley

No, my initial complaint is how odd it is that OL just doesn't seem to care, when there is potential backlash on him personally, in addition to any number of problems Space businessman could cause.

The journey from "I will consult with the god of wealth about changes" to "Meh...."

So do try to keep up.

Also? Nice that you skipped everything I just put forth. That's cool. Don't bother going back to it, I'm not going to pay attention anyway.

Forgive me if I don't accept you as chief judge of anything I have to say. Honestly? You can take that bit of condescension and cram it deep.

17. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Not... really? OL can get rid of Manga Khan whenever he wants. Of course he doesn't care. The problem isn't very severe, and can be easily fixed, if needed. He just prefers to let conventional governments of the world deal with it so that they can start to learn how to do so in preparation for threats that are actually dangerous, like an actively hostile interstellar military threat or something.

Edit: TLDR, Manga Khan isn't OL's priority. The fact that governments of Earth is unable to deal with such a simple threat is.

18. Maxx Crowley

I simply find it odd based on all his prior actions. My finding it odd doesn't mean that he's doing something wrong. Just what I would probably say, were I there.

Gantradies and RichardWhereat like this.
  19. BlueMangoAdea

What do you specifically find odd about this situation? One of his priority has been to make sure that Earth can stand on its own as an interstellar power. Dealing with interstellar threats(especially such relatively harmless ones) for them doesn't encourage the governments of Earth to learn how to stand on their own.

Edit: Like, you know, how he didn't just dump alien tech to humans. He would rather encourage them to develop on their own.

Ardy likes this.
  20. Maxx Crowley

Literally all the things that I've already mentioned in other posts and don't feel the need to chew my food twice.

RichardWhereat likes this.
  21. BlueMangoAdea

All right, what do you find odd about how little OL cares about Manga Khan? He isn't a threat. I'm not denying that this has a potential to go horrifically wrong. It's just that OL can stop him whenever he wants to. He doesn't want to. That's the point. He'd rather force governments of the world to deal with this relatively low risk crisis(compared to other interstellar threats out there), so that they can do better against next interstellar crisis. To me, you seem oddly fixated on the fact that he dosn't want to deal with this problem. Do you have a reason you think OL would be invested in directly dealing with Manga Khan rather than letting Earth deal with it?

WhiteNoise, Ardy, Cuchulin and 2 others like this.
  22. RichardWhereat

You should actually chew your food an average of 32 times before swallowing. Unless it's been slow cooked or you're using saliva and your tongue to break it down against the roof of your mouth.

Ardy, Cuchulin and BlueMangoAdea like this.
  23. Galacticplumber

So literally always? The tongue and saliva are always active. Same with the grinding of back teeth that's a separate process from food separation by cutting front teeth.

The actual metric to chew by is whether the bite has been effectively rendered into a reasonably fine slurry or paste. Yes this chewing topic is more debatable than character motivations, why do you ask?

Cuchulin likes this.
  24. RichardWhereat

Sometimes you don't chew, sometimes you just let a small cut piece of slow cooked beef cheek sit on your tongue and slowly get ground away on the roof of your mouth while you constantly flood the mouth cavity with more and more saliva.

Instead of the saliva just coming in because that's what it does, while you're doing your mechanical chewing and swallowing thing.

25. Galacticplumber

Sounds... Tedious. Like.... That's something I'd only bust out for the highest quality meat.

Also yes chewing is mechanical. It's the means by which you experience the content, not the content itself. No one complains about turning pages, or clicking next if digital, being an overly mechanical way of advancing while reading.

WhiteNoise and Cuchulin like this.
  26. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Paul tries to do his own thing.

At which point Dox goes to the Controllers, who flip the switch on the contingencies they have spent the last X months putting in place, which activate and completely shut Paul down.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  27. Shotiegun11

Shotiegun11 Know what you're doing yet?

Ophidian notices someone is trying to cut her off from her hubbykins.

OHM-Nom-nom-nom. "I knew we couldn't trust green men cousins, my Agent. At least they tasted OK."

28. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Except it doesn't, because now it's trapped in the central power battery.

Or did you forget that Central Power Battery's were made to trap and then contain emotional embodiment's?

29. Shotiegun11

Shotiegun11 Know what you're doing yet?

Trapped and connected to all of the Rings/Lanterns so she can experience all of their desires as specified by the SI. Only reason she moved to the OCPB in the first place.

Also, Paul can just summon her again like he did the first time. Or Hondon and grab her. Or just FEED ME and see what happens.

EDIT: Plus, neither of his rings have Controller!Malware. Hinon Ring and Larfleeze/Krona Ring.

EDIT 2: Or just get someone to magic it up and commune with her/summon her from the OCPB.

30. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You seem to be forgetting that the Controllers pretty much rebuilt the central power battery because the old one was a piece of junk.