1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Maybe the guy's so patriotic that he'll only get one from his home country, no matter how crazy and deadly the tests are.

2. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

That was Linda Danvers who gained the memories of the Angel Noriel. She impersonated super-girl and eventually became a superhero who used the title.

3. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Actually, I think he's talking about Cir-El, aka Mia.

Xmaster3000 and Prince Charon like this.
  4. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Anyone recall when (like, which episodes) these two were introduced to this continuity? The wiki doesn't have that information where I looked, and probably not at all yet.

Xmaster3000 and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  5. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Kara first showed up in Episode 65: Converse, while Loriel first showed up in Episode 84: Angelic.

6. Mastigos2

Mastigos2 Versed in the lewd.

I suspect he'd still be gungho about protecting Earth in particular due to the Life Entity

7. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Mr Zoat, random question. Where is KordTech located? Is it in New York?

Xmaster3000, ChestBurster and Bud-E like this.
  8. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

KordTech is a targe technolgy and arcanotechnology business with multiple sites around the world. This one is in New York, and it's mostly an R&D centre.

9. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

So we have
    Kara post crisis
    Linda Danvers
    Over Girl
    Dana
    and now Pre Crisis Kara

Cir-el is in another dimension
    Matrix has yet to appear IIRC.

That leaves Power girl and maybe Galatea.
    Feel like I'm missing one

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Technically Loriel can count as Matrix.

Matrix was basically a plasma entity that merged with Linda after being Supergirl herself.

Here Noriel took her place.

There was a Power Girl clone called Divine in the comics.

11. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

I want to ship Supergirl with the other Supergirls.

12. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Is that a Britishism? Because usually I see "insensate" in this context.

13. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

There's also technically Kara In-Ze which is the JLU Super-Girl though she's shown up in the renegade timeline. There's also the Lucy Lane Superwoman who gained Kryptonian powers through tech and finally, there's Lana Lang Superwoman who has radiation-based superpowers she got from when N52 Superman exploded.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  14. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I am guessing that's this universe's real Supergirl then?

Doccer likes this.
  15. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Now, we can shop Supergirl with Supergirl.

Doccer likes this.
  16. RamiroGalletti

RamiroGalletti Making the rounds.

the comment section about "supergirl" and "supergirl derivatives"

at this rate "Paul" should make a list of "parallel versions of each other my parrallels knew about", then make a bingo of it, one per "superhero identity", and another for "gimmicks".
    as long as there are no "dark multiverse bullshit"(release date 2020) they should be fine sinse "PAUL" joined durring "2015/6 give or take"

erebus1994, BR549 and ChestBurster like this.
  17. Mr Zoat

It..? Could be?

18. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

Thank you. do you scan these pictures and upload them from your personal collection or do you find it on the internet? would you be willing to just post the source with picture. i have a list of "to reads" and i update it everytime you post a scan.

19. Mr Zoat

I don't believe that I can legally answer that question.

20. Agumentic

Agumentic Not too sore, are you?

Hm, I wonder if that means Anti-Monitor is going to appear in the main plot. I remember a piece of his armour existing causing concern among Malthusians in some past arc.

ChestBurster, Ardy and Cuchulin like this.
  21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yeah it happened in the Ways and Means episode.

ChestBurster and Ardy like this.
  22. transhumansage

i dont understand. what rule would we be breaking?

zeebza likes this.
  23. Radiant Knight

Radiant Knight Phoenix Fire

Piracy is illegal.

24. transhumansage

oh. no i was asking if he just finds snips on the net, not entire pirated copies.

Cuchulin likes this.
  25. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Gotta catch em all

Ngamer11, Lord Ernest, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  26. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Jesus Christ, woman.

It was almost your goddamn face.

She's kinda dumb, huh.
    I like her.

27. hkim

hkim Know what you're doing yet?

To be fair, it would have been a lot brighter a few years ago.

28. crazygrox

crazygrox Versed in the lewd.

Okay, I have a suspicion that this current time traveller mess is happening now because all of the supergirls are here in this location in this time period.
    And someone is trying to assassinate all of them.
    Or maybe all but the 'right' supergirl?

This makes Rokk Krinn incredibly suspicious, both because he's the time trapper in some comics, and because he's been practically in charge of the Legion for the past two years and thus could easily send her back to this point in time to be assassinated, and because he could have fairly easily used his magnet powers to propel a bullet with exotic piercing technology towards Dana, without having been anywhere near the angle OL would check if looking for a conventional sniper. For example he could have been behind the house, pulling the bullet towards him.

The problem is that it requires a lot of ignorance of magic on Rokk's part. And that Dana have put a decent amount of effort into deceiving him as to how her powers actually work, though I suppose she has a motive, given that he's in charge of the Legion and technically obligated to get rid of her if she's revealed to not have innate powers. So if she actually confirmed that she's a Kyptonian hybrid, rather than just letting them assume, the Legion will be assuming she's a clone or genetic experiment or something to make the timeline of her age relative to Kal-El's age add up.
    Also requires he be ignorant of magic to not realize that the supergirls are worth resurrecting/possible to resurrect with a Lazarus pit.

This also makes me suspicious about what exactly is likely to happen at the coming meeting in the fortress of solitude. Is he going to take another stab at the assassination once all the supergirls are located there? Can he even?
    The only thing that I can think of that could work would be something like an FTL torpedo or an incredibly powerful stealthed kinetic impactor(either really fast or really big).
    Some kind of attack that would avoid being detected until it's too late, and overwhelm both the fortresses and the Kryptonians' durability.
    But if you have time travel it's not that hard to enact attacks that require massive preparation and precise timing in accordance with foreknowledge to pull off.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  29. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

That's wrong, is SILVER AGE SUPERMAN AND COMPANY who can do stuff like that, Golden age is Superman Theatrical Cartoons strong.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  30. crazygrox

crazygrox Versed in the lewd.

Oh. My. Gosh.
    recruitment-poster-come-to-life
    ask not what your world can do for you, but ask what you can do for your world

I was rereading and just figured this out.

Per Degaton didn't send someone loyal but unimaginative back in time to found eliminations inc. He sent the nation-spirit of his united earth empire. As someone he could absolutely rely on to devote themselves to recreating his nation, who could be reasonably expected to have the superhuman power and both loyalty and intelligence to succeed. And be able to beat any other time-travelers who are sent to stop them from changing the timeline. Because I think most time-travelers don't have superpowers, and are often unfamiliar with magic.
    The only question is how he prepared the spirit to handle the whole issue of possibly having its strength scale to match the strength of its nation, and whichever nation it represents being extremely weak in the past. Who wants to bet that Per Degaton's nation actually rules Antarctica now? possibly even openly declared as doing so, pretending to be one of those silly nations that people found from their basements.

And now that Truggs is recruiting high-end allies for himself, he not only got Circe, but managed to track down the time-travelling nation-spirit of Per Degaton's time. And they have very compatible ambitions, because Truggs wants the earth unified, but would just prefer to minimize breakage in the process.
    There's a lot that I don't understand in that chapter, like implications of Truggs having seen the dial before in relation to time travel, but I'm pretty sure of the above.

Also now that we know Savage had the Cosmic Convertor technology, ?and Savage died to a time wedgie? Was never fully clear on that. I suspect that Truggs is now the one with the Cosmic convertor technology and associated forcefields and blasters. And depending on how much progress he's made at weaponizing it he could have a lot of dangerous stuff.

Also PS I suspect that the dial is an 'icon' from the 853rd century.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021