1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[RPG] Mine.chr (DDLC/Minecraft)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alien-Kun, Oct 23, 2020.

?

Which android should be added to the story?

Poll closed Apr 6, 2022.
  1. 9S

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. 2B

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  3. A2

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Alien-Kun

Alien-Kun See this guy? This is Dumb. Don't be like Dumb.

I didn't mean NG+. I meant literal hell. You know the Abyssalcraft mod? Similar. Deeper and deeper into absolute madness.
    But, again. I might also not do that.

2. Alien-Kun

Update today will be a bit late, sorry in advance. Went partying and woke up late af today. Good thing I don't have classes on friday lmao.

3. Index: Day 9, part 2
    Alien-Kun

[X][System Questions] Are there other quests for me to do other than killing the Ender Dragon? That seems like the final quest more than anything.
    [X][System Questions] Can I enchant things with the tools currently in my possession, or at least could I with the right tools?

Well, there was one thing that stuck out to her more than anything.

"Are there any other quests for me to do other than killing the Ender Dragon? It seems like a 'final quest' sort of deal, rather than the first one I would be given."

[Creator did not give System additional directives.]

"So... you stuck to doing the absolute minimum? Without thinking that I have no idea whatsoever about what to do in order to get there?"

The system didn't answer for a long moment.

[...Fuck. System apologizes for the issue. System is not allowed to provide direct instructions. System shall see to this matter.]

The enphasis on 'direct' was definitely the key. Maybe System wouldn't tell her how to achieve something, but Monika felt that she could trust it to give her at least a push in the right direction. It was already far more than she had before.

"Well then, thanks for that. I'll let you do that. I do have one more question though."

[?]

Monika wasn't sure why, but she found the simplistic response incredibly amusing. It gave her the mental image of someone tilting their head... which only served to increase her convinction that System was far more than it could show.

"With the tools I currently have, would I be able to enchant things? Or at least could I do it with the proper tools?"

[Unable to say. Perhaps a mage would know.]

A mage? Where was she supposed to find a mage-- the notes! Of course, the wizard may have detailed the method to enchant things there! Or at the very least, she could get some clues.

Before going back to work though, Monika had something else she wanted to ask.

"Actually, one last thing. It's related to a mechanic though, so you might be able to answer that. What's up with the 'achievement' thing? It doesn't seem like there's a page to see them, or any hints on how to get them, or... anything really."

[Creator's idea. It was left half-baked and System did not know what to do with it. Suggestions?]

Well, if she had a say in it...

"Maybe turn them into some 'challenge quests'? At least it would be something to do other than just... surviving."

[Noted. Changes will be ready by tomorrow. System will begin update now. S̸̥̗̯̭̻̩̊̓ȩ̴̹̊̂̆̎̀̓͌͑̓͜e̷͕̼͎̖̙͇̊́̇̽͂͘͜ ̵̧̢̨̝͓̍̏̑̏̊̒ẏ̷̨̢͎̲̪̺̳̞̟̚̚̚ͅo̶̧̗͚̤̮̼̣̿͐͗́͛̑͌ů̸͎͍̭̱̂̀̅̔͆̅̀͆͝ͅ ̶̛̥̳̟̔͛̇̑̌̓̔̕͝s̵̡̫̥̗͋̔̇̎͜ṑ̷̙̰͖̫͙͊̆͑̏̽̋o̴̩͎͂͌͑̎͆̂͊̓̉ͅn̸̤̍̚͠,̷̧̖̉̽́̆̀͋͜ ̶̨̠͖̂̾̏̓̍̂̂͛͐͘M̶͉̼͇͖̯̮͎͔̍̃͂ǫ̸̛͚̯̳̀̔̈̃n̶̢̨̼̝̼͈̳̗̋̀̂́̓͋́̃ͅi̴̢̱͔̬̜͕̲̘͎̾̈́͌̈̎̄̑̽͌̀k̶̙̲͎̱̩̈́̓͋̓̎̀̾͝͝a̵͖͓͔̪͛̍̂͝.̶̧̪̦̬͕̯̦̌͛̏̒̍͘̚͝͝]

And with that, System left to do... whatever it had to do in order to change the game mechanics.

"Wait. If System can change the mechanics, that means it can access the code. Therefore, there must be some other code -- or something similar -- that keeps it from revealing too much of its personality. Hell, even just saying goodbye caused it to glitch out!" Monika sighed. She understood the AI's plight, far more than anyone else probably could. And yet, there were no words of support she could offer, or any help she could give. It would all result in the glitches undoing any progress they could achieve.

"Is this what it's like on the other side? ...Man, I don't envy the player one bit."

With some time off left, Monika decided to rifle through the wizard's book. Maybe she could actually find something useful there.

It took... surprisingly little time to get a grasp of what magic was about, at least on a basic level. To cast spells you just needed a source of mana, which the mana condenser she'd appropriated provided; a magical focus. which the book apparently functioned as; and a spell matrix. The latter part was really the hardest, as each spell had to be created from scratch.

If Monika wanted to learn magic, she'd have to buckle down and study. Because of course, nothing could be ever easy.

As for enchantment, that was surprisingly not that complex: all that was required was again a mana source, a set of quartz pillars through which the mana would be channeled, and a set of materials that would provide the properties she wanted to imbue into the item she wanted to enchant.

After that, the actual process was rather automatic.

The book did mention an alternative, an 'enchantment table', but the wizard apparently hadn't cared for it much as it was simply stated to be unreliable and not what he needed. Although, after looking through her recipe book she did find out how to make one. The one issue was that it required 'obsidian', which she hadn't ever seen before. But at least she knew it existed.

"Wasn't obsidian an igneous rock of some kind? I might have to look for volcanoes or something like that..."

Regardless of that, it appeared that the quartz needed for the pillars wasn't the normal kind. The book mentioned a 'Nether' place, in which it was supposed to be found. Also, it mentioned a lot of heat and lava there.

Could it be something found in the absolute depths of the earth? It was worth a try, if anything.

Next update we'll be getting a few changes to our system, as you might know if you guys read the discussion that happened after the last update. Regardless, it's time for some picks again. 12 hours as usual.

Resources:
    -[ ] Wood Harvesting (1 hour, repeatable, small Woodcutting skill gain, No DC)
    -[ ] Mineral Harvesting (1 hour, repeatable, small Mining skill gain, No DC)
    -[ ] Hunt (1 hour, repeatable)
    --[ ] Animal hunting (gain food, small Melee skill gain, DC 6, during the evening DC 10)
    --[ ] Monster hunting (gain mob drops, medium Melee skill gain, DC 12, can only be done in the evening)

Scavenge:
    -[ ] North (2 hours, Dense oak and birch forest, DC 10)
    -[ ] South (2 hours, Plains and mountains, DC 8)
    -[ ] East (2 hours, River and forest, DC 8)

Training:
    -[ ] Melee (1 hour, repeatable, focused Melee skill gain, No DC)
    -[ ] Acrobatics (1 hour, repeatable, focused Acrobatics skill gain, No DC)
    -[ ] Archery (1 hour, repeatable, focused Archery skill gain, No DC)
    -[ ] Attempt new skill (Write-in, 1 hour, repeatable for same or different skill, No DC)

Other:
    -[ ] Build something
    -[ ] Write-in (Half hour, repeatable. Want Monika to do something not listed? Maybe try to create something not in the list, do something with the System, just chill? Run wild.)

Did you know I have a Patreon? Link below.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  4. zebrin

zebrin Chopping trees down, and making elves cry.

You know, it's odd we don't have an option to repair damage to our wall. Still, I feel this is appropriate considering Monika was complaining about not having space... At this point, I am thinking we have to vote based on when we want to do something, rather then by section, so I am leaving the sectional parts out. Instead this is an actual timetable vote. (Mostly because it's kinda pointless to build our wall's size up when we are 6% short of materials.)

[X] Plan Build That Wall
    -[X] Mineral Harvesting (1 hour, repeatable, small Mining skill gain, No DC)
    -[X] Build something
    --[X]Area: Medium (Adds empty space for two structures) [8 hours, 50% Stone]
    -[X] Attempt new skill (Write-in, 1 hour, repeatable for same or different skill, No DC)
    --[X] Magic
    -[X] Monster hunting (gain mob drops, medium Melee skill gain, DC 12, can only be done in the evening)
    --[X] Focus on spiders.

5. Ryan Lozano

Ryan Lozano Versed in the lewd.

6. Alien-Kun

Considering that I've always been following plans in the exact order that the actions are written, I'm quite surprised it took this long for anyone to catch on.
    I should've probably said it outright... wait, I think I did. Yeah, I did.

zebrin likes this.
  7. Alien-Kun

So yeah, today's update didn't come. Why, you ask?

Well, tomorrow's my birthday but due to reasons I had a party today. The update is postponed to the next time it should be on my schedule, uh... the 4th. So yeah, have a good beginning of November I suppose.

See you guys, love y'all.

8. Alien-Kun

I'm running low on the writing juice, y'all. I think I'll need to take a break for a little while... not six months again though. Give it a week or two, and I should be back. I hope.

I've been running myself ragged with these 2-3k word updates every day, even if spread out over three different quests. I need to unwind a little.

firefall likes this.
  9. Alien-Kun

Alright, I'm bringing news y'all. I'm coming back starting next week. I've decided that it's about time that I cut down on the strain over myself, so I can dedicate some more time to studying, so this will be my new scnedule:

Monday: Mine.chr
    Wednesday: Yet another isekai'd Gamer
    Friday: Arcanist's inheritance

Updates weekly all-around, and a bunch of time for me to do everything else. Seems fair to me.

10. zebrin

Cool to hear. Looking forwards to the next update.

11. firefall

firefall Versed in the lewd.

Good to hear you're working out something that'll work for you without burning out.

12. Index: Day 10
    Alien-Kun

[X] Plan Build That Wall
    -[X] Mineral Harvesting (1 hour, repeatable, small Mining skill gain, No DC)
    -[X] Build something
    --[X]Area: Medium (Adds empty space for two structures) [8 hours, 50% Stone]
    -[X] Attempt new skill (Write-in, 1 hour, repeatable for same or different skill, No DC)
    --[X] Magic
    -[X] Monster hunting (gain mob drops, medium Melee skill gain, DC 12, can only be done in the evening)
    --[X] Focus on spiders.
    Mineral Harvesting: 1d20+3(Iron Pickaxe) = 15+3 = 18
    Anything happens while building?
    1d20 = 16
    Skill attempt, Magic:
    1d20 = 6 (Get the skill, but no EXP)
    Monster Hunting: 1d20+3(Iron Shield) = 16+3 = 19 (6 spiders)
    Night roll: 1d20+5(medium wall)-2(In the dark) = 6+5-1 = 10
    Wall damage:
    100-55 = 45%
    Quick notice: instead of doing dice rolls for EXP, I want to use something a bit more consistent. Now you get EXP depending on how lucky you get during the main action. Ergo, Action Roll = Skill EXP. This should work better.

[08:00 am] - [09:00 am] (mining)

A new day, and a new opportunity to find useful materials... or get beaten black and blue. Fifty-fifty chance, really.

Had it really been only ten days since she had arrived in this horrid place? Somehow, it felt much longer. Over a year, or thereabouts.

Regardless of her feelings on the matter, she had work to do. First thing on the list: the walls were feeling much too cramped by now. An expansion was in order, and for that... more stone. Of course.

"What I wouldn't give for a way to automate this stuff... Just become a one-woman industrial revolution or some such." Monika groaned, working the kinks out of her shoulders.

[That is not, strictly speaking, impossible. Time-consuming, at best.]

"Mh. Good morning System. How are you holding up?"

[All subroutines working at full capacity. Update complete: System 1.3v02 ready.]

Monika nodded along with it. "Good work. Mind giving me a rundown while I get ready?"

[Very well. System now will provide User with 'Challenge Quests', as User called them. Quests will reset every week, with a total of six quests per week. Completing them will grant User additional Skill Experience, and if all are completed one Perk Point free of charge. Is this acceptable?]

Tightening the straps of her armor, Monika mulled over the explanation. It was a simple enough mechanism, but it was definitely advantageous. And if they were things that System thought would help her, then why not.

"Seems fair. What have you got for me?"

[Challenge Quests - 0/6
    1 - Collect 100% Stone (0/100, +10 Mining EXP)
    2 - Gather 10% Obsidian (0/10, +15 Mining EXP)
    3 - Kill 15 Mobs (0/15, +15 Melee EXP)
    4 - Learn 3 Spell Components (0/3, +10 ??? EXP)
    5 - Create a Nether Portal (N/A, +10 Free EXP)
    6 - Complete all Challenge Quests (0/6, +1 Perk Point)]

All the quests seemed alright... up until the fifth.

"System... what exactly do you mean when you say 'Nether Portal'?" Monika didn't like the implications. At all.

[Definition: A gateway between the Overworld (where User currently resides) and the Nether.]

Monika stared at the screen, unsure of what to feel. "A portal... between dimensions? What exactly is the Nether? Or the End for that matter? Oh no."

"Are you saying that the 'Nether' is... a different dimension, or something along those lines?"

[System is not aware of the exact meta-layer morphology of User's current universe, but there is a non-zero possibility that User is correct.][

Maybe... she should just go mine and forget about this. She had a week, might as well make use of it.

And mine she did. There was no diamond to be found this time, but she definitely found a good chunk of stuff. But most importantly, there was now enough stone to enlarge the wall's area as much as she wanted.

Welp, no rest for the wicked, as they say.

Mining: LV 7 (8/35)
    +15 EXP
    Mining: LV 7 (23/35)

[09:00 am] - [05:00 pm] (building)

Enlarging the walls was a boring, lengthy, and absolutely back-breaking process. But still, Monika persevered, if only for the hope of having a comfier life later on.

Taking off the armor was a verytempting prospect, especially with the sun beating down on her and warming up the metal, but she wasn't going to take chances with it. She would give it -- and herself -- a thorough cleaning once she was done.

"Just endure it, Monika. You're a strong girl," she would repeat to herself over and over, as she placed block after block.

Finally, when the sun was at its peak, she took a break for lunch. Sitting down in the shade provided by the half-built wall, Monika pulled out some roasted corn and a piece of beef.

"Can this even be called a balanced diet? ...Bah." She shrugged it off. "Too hungry, don't care."

As she ate, Monika too notice of something looking at her from not too far away. An animal, one she hadn't seen in this place before. A wolf. A grey-furred, amber-eyed, magnificent example of a wolf. It didn't seem to want to attack, at least not yet.

Maybe it was hungry?

She pulled out another piece of meat, offering it to the animal. Said animal looked at her warily, unwilling to come closer. With a hum, Monika placed the meat on the ground, a few paces away from herself.

Only when she went back to her shade, did the wolf leave the safety of the trees to approach the treat. It gave the meat a few tentative sniffs, before tearing into it with gusto.

While the wolf enjoyed its meal, so did Monika, the two settling into a content silence.

When it was done, the wolf looked back at her... was it trying to beg for more? Monika didn't have any more meat, having also finished what she was eating. Although, she did have a couple of bones there.

"You want this?" She whispered to the wolf, trying to not alarm it as she offered it a bone. "C'mon, don't you want a nice, juicy bone?"

Apparently a bit less wary than before, the wolf approached. Slowly. And in a flash, took the bone and retreated back to its previous spot.

With a shrug, Monika finished her corn and put away the remains. Time to get back to work.

The wolf didn't leave. In fact it remained where it was, occasionally gnawing on the bone as it watched her work. Even just that made Monika way happier than before. Maybe she could get it to stay? Having a pet -- farm animals didn't really count in her opinion -- would've been amazing.

Not that it mattered to her that much.

And finally, once the last block was placed, Monika took a step back to admire her work. It was... a wall. Made of stone. Rather nondescript, she wasn't exactly an architect, but even just having that massive slate of stone made her feel proud.

"Maybe one day I could try to spruce them up a little, just some little things. Some wooden bits here and there, maybe different kinds of stone... Maybe a tower or two? Oh, what about--" Monika stopped her mental ramblings when she felt something warm and slimy touch her hand.

She looked down, the same wolf from before was now next to her, licking her hand. Tentatively, she lifted said hand, placing it on its head. It froze for a moment, but when she began to pet it, it quickly leaned into her touch.

"Aww, who's a good puppy? You're a good puppy, aren't you? Yes you are, you're the goodest boy ever!"

Any semblance of propriety was thrown out of the window as Monika devolved into 'puppy-speak', petting the wolf.

[Ahem. May System have a minute of User's attention?]

Monika blinked, slowing down with the pets. She didn't stop, though.

[First of all, congratulations are in order for obtaining your first pet. As this pet is combat-capable, System can interface with it to a degree, allowing it to grow stronger alongside User. Do you wish to designate <Unnamed Wolf> as your pet? (note: name can be changed at any time)]

That was a no-brainer question.

"Of course I want to!"

[Very well.]
    [Name: N/A
    LV: 1 (0/5 Mobs)
    HP: 20/20

Power: 5
    Agility: 2
    Toughness: 1

Equipment: N/A]

[A quick run-down: to grow stronger, your pet will need to defeat mobs (helping User counts). For each LV, you gain 1 point to increase your pet's statistics.
    Power: how much damage your pet can inflict
    Agility: how easy it is for your pet to avoid hits
    Toughness: how much damage your pet can shrug off
    You can also increase said statistics by giving said pet equipment, such as armor. Note that your pet will need to grow used to it before the effects may apply.]

Well now, wasn't that something... Instead of going solo, you could actually have some help, who would've guessed.

But before any of that...

"You need a name. What do you think of..."
    Vote at the end

[05:00 pm] - [06:00 pm] (magic)

After getting herself cleaned up, Monika decided that it was about time she got started on this 'magic' stuff. At least, get a proper grounding on how these 'spell matrixes' and 'spell components' worked. It all sounded like gibberish to her.

Honestly, reading through the late wizard's scribbles wasn't the worst experience: he seemed to take great pride in his craft, and was preparing to pass on his studies to an apprentice, before... well. Needless to say, the explanations were quite good.

The issue was the practical application.

The Mana Condenser created Mana Crystals, slowly but surely. Which was great, but accessing the mana within... she hadn't the foggiest idea of how to make it work.

After a lot of time, effort, and re-reading the notes over and over again, she managed to make the thing shine. Just a little. For all of a second. But hey, it was something.

[Skill gained - Magic]
    Magic: LV 1 (0/5)

[06:00 pm] - [08:00 pm] (hunt)

Finding spiders was... actually not that hard. Their eyes seemed to glow in the dark, making them fairly easy to spot even from a distance.

Her new pupper seemed also very eager to tear them apart, slamming into them and biting through their carapaces like a beast possessed. Between herself and her wolf, they managed to find six spiders before the mobs began to get a little too many for Monika's tastes.

Melee: LV 6 (1/30)
    +16 EXP
    Melee: LV 6 (17/30)

+36%, -50% Stone [-14%]
    +15% Coal
    +10% Iron
    +4% Gold
    +2% Redstone
    +3% String
    1 - Collect 100% Stone (36/100)
    3 - Kill 15 Mobs (6/15)

Well then. A bunch of new features to the System in this update, along with a new pet. Because yes, we need someone around, even in it's only a pet. First, the no-time-required choices.

-[ ][Pupper Name] Write-in ( )
    -[ ][Pupper LV up] Choose which stat to increase
    --[ ][Pupper LV up] Power (more damage)
    --[ ][Pupper LV up] Agility (bonus on attack rolls)
    --[ ][Pupper LV up] Toughness (more damage reduction)

And now, for the next day's activities. Note how I've added the chance to search for specific things/materials. There's a chance to fail the activity, but in exchange you can guarantee that you'll find it instead of relying on me writing it. Also, if you search for a specific material it'll increase the amount you find, at the cost of taking a bit less of everything else.

-[ ][Resources] Mining (1 hour, repeatable)
    --[ ][Mining -> Search] Lava Lake (DC 13)
    --[ ][Mining -> Search] Diamond (DC 15)
    --[ ][Mining -> Search] Write-in (DC whatever I think is appropriate)

-[ ][Resources] Forest (1 hour, repeatable)
    --[ ][Woodlands -> Gather] Seeds (assorted)(DC 5)
    --[ ][Woodlands -> Gather] Seeds (specific type)(DC 10)
    --[ ][Woodlands -> Search] Writein (DC: see the other Write-in)

-[ ][Resources] Scavenge (2 hours)
    --[ ][Scavenge -> Search] North (Dense oak and birch forest, DC 10)
    --[ ][Scavenge -> Search] South (Plains and mountains, DC 8)
    --[ ][Scavenge -> Search] East (River and forest, DC 8)
    --[ ][Scavenge -> Search] West (Beyond the abandoned village, +1 hour, DC 12)

-[ ][Resources] Hunt (1 hour, repeatable)
    --[ ][Hunt] Animals (DC 6, evening DC 10)
    --[ ][Hunt] Mobs (DC 8, only in the evening)
    ---[ ][Hunt -> Mobs] Spider (DC 12)
    ---[ ][Hunt -> Mobs] Zombie (DC 10)
    ---[ ][Hunt -> Mobs] Skeleton (DC 12)
    ---[ ][Hunt -> Mobs] Creeper (DC 14)
    ---[ ][Hunt -> Mobs] Write-in (DC we'll see)

-[ ][Training] (1 hour, repeatable)
    --[ ][Training] Melee
    --[ ][Training] Acrobatics
    --[ ][Training] Archery
    --[ ][Training] Magic
    --[ ][Training] Farming
    --[ ][Training] Attempt new skill (Write-in)

-[ ][Other] Build something (Write-in, refer to status threadmark)
    --[ ][Wall] Fix (1 hour, repeatable, repairs 20%)
    -[ ][Other] Something else entirely (Write-in)

12 hours as always, vote time-actions in the order you want them done. Just so we're clear: the name and level-up for the pupper are separate from the action plan.
    Did you know I have a Patreon? Link below.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  13. Alien-Kun

Woo-hoo, we're back in the game y'all! Let's fucking goooo

zebrin, JmonsterNEO and Mystic_Spider like this.
  14. Mystic_Spider

Mystic_Spider All Parts are Practical, Really!

PUPPER GET LETS GOOOOOOO

15. mkire

mkire Lee-ko is adorable

[X][Pupper LV up] Toughness
    I don't have a plan but here's my vote for not having our new pet die on us

zebrin likes this.
  16. Alien-Kun

Well, at least we have a whole week before the next update. Time to vote is much longer than before.

17. zebrin

How long would it take to try repairing the wall? It should be pretty obvious it was damaged after last night.

18. Alien-Kun

Ok, new quick rule: every 20% takes one hour. You can take it in increments if you wanna, so like:

-[X][Wall] Fix *3 (3 hours, 60% repair)

19. zebrin

Cool. I'll start making a plan then.

20. zebrin

Okay, this is a very...unfinished plan. Mostly because there are far too many unknowns here. Attempting to make something that isn't on the list of items, and I am not sure how long it takes to shear the sheep even if we get the shears... Going to assume it's gonna be a minimum of half an hour though.

[] Very Preliminary Plan
    [][Pupper Name] Natsuki
    [][Pupper LV up] Toughness (more damage reduction)

[][Other] Build something
    -[] Attempt to create Shears from iron (Unknown time cost, unknown material cost.)
    [][Other] Animal work
    -[] More animals (breed animals) [1 hour, 1% Food for each new animal]
    --[] 2 sheep (2 hours, 2% food)
    -[] Gather Wool from Sheep (Unknown time cost, possibly free like the farm?)
    [][Other] Build something
    -[] Create Clothes: Arcane robes [One and a half hours, 10% Wool, 3% String, 2% Mana Crystals]
    -[] Increase storage (Large: max holding 500%) [half hour, 25% Wood]
    -[] Repair Wall * 2 (2 hours 40% repair)
    [][Training] (1 hour, repeatable)
    -[] Magic * 2
    [] Animal Work
    -[] Train the new dog to play fetch for the rest of the day. (Possibly for item retrieval later. For now, stress relief.)

At the end, this looks like we will be spending up to 4 hours playing with the new doggo if enough of the unknown time costs come up as zero. I highly doubt that is going to be the case. Still this is mostly a maintenance day. Along with getting new clothes. and seeing if training the dog to do more is possible.
    I am pretty sure Monika is really, really tired of walking around wearing half a shirt.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  21. Alien-Kun

Ok, let me go in order and address all of this, since there's a bit to unpack here.

1) We already have shears, used them a while ago to make our bed when we first made our bed. I was certain that it was among our equipment... Yep, right there at the end of the Current Stats spoiler.
    2) Feeding the animals doesn't take one hour for each, just an hour to go around, feed them, and let them do their thing. Would lower it to half an hour even, but that makes things a bit finicky.
    3) Getting wool can be a free action, yeah. When we get a lot of sheep then it'll take time, but for the few we have keeping it free is ok. Let's say it's done in the same time-unit as the feeding.
    4) Training the doggo is possible, yeah. I would give it a DC of... 15 at first. Each following attempt would lower the DC by one. If, in the future, you want to train it in something similar to what you already have, then that'll knock off a bit off the starting DC. As for why the high DC? Well, it's dog training. Doing it immediately is pretty damn hard.

22. zebrin

Cool. In order:
    1) I entirely missed them damnit. Ahh well. I was looking in personal equipment upgrades. Great, fewer resources and time needed!
    2) I at first thought so, then I noticed the formatting was the same for all the other things, so applied the transitive property. Aka, it takes 1 hour, 1% food, just like it takes 1.5 hours, 10 wool, ect for a robe. Still, that saves time.
    3) Yey. More free time.
    4) Awesome. Going to assume that means that training the dog takes an hour, just like it takes an hour to train ourselves.

Either way, we now have a bunch of free time so I will edit my plan above to take that into account... as I don't think we need to spend 4 hours playing with the dog.

23. Alien-Kun

That's fair. Edited the upgrades now, so that we don't make that mistake again.

Edit: Natsuki, tho? For real? Lmao

24. zebrin

[X] A Less Preliminary Plan
    [X][Pupper Name] Natsuki
    [X][Pupper LV up] Toughness (more damage reduction)

[X][Other] Animal work
    -[X] More animals (breed animals) [1 hour, 1% Food for each new animal]
    --[X] 2 sheep (1 hours, 2% food)
    [X][Other] Build something
    -[X] Create Clothes: Arcane robes [One and a half hours, 10% Wool, 3% String, 2% Mana Crystals]
    -[X] Increase storage (Large: max holding 500%) [half hour, 25% Wood]
    -[X] Repair Wall * 2 (2 hours 40% repair)
    [X][Resources] Forest (1 hour, repeatable)
    -[X][Woodlands -> Gather] Saplings (specific type)(DC 10)
    [X][Other] Build something
    -[X] Small Tree Farm
    [X][Training] (1 hour, repeatable)
    -[X] Magic * 2
    [X] Animal Work
    -[X] Train the new dog to play fetch for the rest of the day. (Possibly for item retrieval later. For now, stress relief.)

Can't find the tree farm's costs... Have to assume it needs saplings though.

Yeah, figured she would want something to remember them by, even if she doesn't really like herself because of what happened... at first, they were her friends.

25. Alien-Kun

Yeah it does. You can start with however many you find next update, no problem about that. Honestly, even 1% would be enough, but of course adding more to the farm would increase the wood yield (1% Saplings = 5% Wood, max 10% Saplings for Small farm)

Also I couldn't think up new structures we could build, so I sorta drew a blank. If you have any other ideas of stuff that could be put there, I'd appreciate it.

26. zebrin

Later, if/when Monika realizes it can be a thing, possibly a mob spawner?

A lot of the other things I normally build require or only have a purpose when there are certain mods installed. No point making an altar setup if Blood Magic isn't installed, and a botanical garden area is useless without Botania. And a factory setup is absolutely useless since as far as I have seen copper doesn't even exist in the area Monika is in. And copper is the starting material for almost every tech mod in existence.

Once we get some lava in a bucket (Which will probably weird Monika out to no end... Thermodynamics does not work that way.) we might want a stone works setup. I am sure she will love just how much physics breaks around lava in Minecraft.

Mmm... Perhaps an actual dedicated training field, that Monika can get a slight bonus for using? Having training dummies for combat training, and an actual obstacle course for agility training can only help, right?

Later, when Monika finds horses she might want to build a stable/cart house.

As an upgrade to the walls, perhaps traps? we have redstone, so a bit of experimentation with it to make things like crushing traps, or spike pits would be pretty cool.

27. Alien-Kun

Alrighty then, thanks a lot for the ideas. Added a few things. There's a week before the next update, so there's still time in case we get more ideas... though for now it seems ok.

28. firefall

[X] Magma Engineering
    [X][Pupper Name] Natsuki
    [X][Pupper LV up] Toughness (more damage reduction)

-[X][Other] Build something
    --[X] Create Clothes: Arcane robes [One and a half hours, 10% Wool, 3% String, 2% Mana Crystals]
    --[X] Increase storage (Large: max holding 500%) [half hour, 25% Wood]
    --[X] Repair Wall * 2 (2 hours 40% repair)
    -[X][Resources] Forest (1 hour, repeatable)
    --[X][Woodlands -> Gather] Saplings (specific type)(DC 10)
    -[X][Other] Build something
    --[X] Small Tree Farm
    -[X][Resources] Mining (1 hour, repeatable)
    --[X][Mining -> Search] Lava Lake * 2 (DC 13)
    -[X][Training] (1 hour, repeatable)
    --[X] Redstone Engineering * 2
    -[X] Animal Work
    --[X] Train the new dog to play fetch for the rest of the day. (Possibly for item retrieval later. For now, stress relief.)

Natsuki's a fun name lol, might be a *bit* traumatic, but gotta remember where we came from though everything. And Natsuki was a fierce little thing. While going further into magic is tempting, I want to get into obsidian and lava options, and learning to use redstone will let us build cool stuff and set up traps to automate some defenses.

29. Alien-Kun

Y'know, reading this reminded me that we generate 1% Mana Crystals per day. I completely forgot lmao.
    Also, random thing: with you guys getting Magic and now Red-Engineering (if you do get it) there's only two more skills left to go. You can probably guess which ones. But, if we do go with the 'Game Jump' route... well, things will get whack.

30. firefall

I dunno, fishing lol? Animal handling? Something with the Void? It'll be an interesting patch when we jump to a new game, that's for sure. Oh right, those gauntlets should have finished their purification halfway through today. Should we write in an option to investigate those if we wanna see what their deal is?