• A notice about Rule 3 regarding sites hosting pirated/unauthorized content has been made. Please see here for details.
  • Staff is working to deal with the problem of synonymous tags. See here for more information and to suggest tag mergers.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.

Recent content by humon

  1. humon

    The Ctrl + F of correcting AI

    Usually a snappy correction takes the form of presenting an alternative word to the one that the other character had just used. Like a Russell conjugation. But you can't Ctrl+F for this because it's always going to be a different word. One thing you might be able to Ctrl+F for is the phrase...
  2. humon

    What are your most hated fanfic tropes

    Ooh! Like one of the ceiling monsters in Half-Life. Sucks you in and spits out the bones.
  3. humon

    What are your most hated fanfic tropes

    Now that I think about it... I've never done any videos with AI, but now I kind of want to see one where the kids in the first movie are putting on the hat, and when Malfoy puts it on, the hat gets this really mean sadistic face and electrocutes him, or drains his soul or something like that...
  4. humon

    What are your most hated fanfic tropes

    Kill 'em all and let the hat sort 'em out.
  5. humon

    How to write dialogue well?

    Thinking about Tarantino's dialogues, the thing I like most about those is that they make it both amusing and mundane at the same time. Like talking about what different burgers are called in France, or how one of Madonna's songs is all about big dicks. Dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick...
  6. humon

    View and Recent reader?

    Views is the total number of times anyone clicked on your thread to read it. So if one guy reads it 10 times, it will show up as 10 views. Recent readers is the number of unique users who opened your thread over the last 7 days. It's calculated based on unique views following each threadmark...
  7. humon

    What are your most hated fanfic tropes

    Meta knowledge might be the only advantage an SI has, if he didn't get cheat powers from a ROB. Gotta play your cards close to your chest if you don't want to lose. In the SI fic that I'm writing, I decided to play with the idea a little bit:
  8. humon

    Which is more cringe?

    When sincere interest in a hobby is mocked, this happens for a few reasons: 1. The people mocking are just bullies 2. The hobby itself is insincere, or it's something that's not meant to be taken seriously (like some silly cartoon, for example) 3. The sincere interest is at a level that is...
  9. humon

    What are your most hated fanfic tropes

    He should have called himself "The Puzzler", and he could walk around wearing a green suit and bowler hat with little mazes drawn all over it. Puzzle me this. Puzzle me that. Do you think this suit makes my ass look fat?
  10. humon

    What are your most hated fanfic tropes

    This is a good point. I'll add that one scenario where the MC being a side character could possibly work is if he is taking the role of narrator, and the story is actually about a different character who is more important. Like in the 13th warrior, where the protagonist is ostensibly Antonio...
  11. humon

    What are your most hated fanfic tropes

    These kinds of lists make me feel good when I can tick off each one and say, "Yep, not something I would ever write" Pretty standard, and a well-deserved #1. Characters can never be smarter than the author. At least, if you ever want to show and not tell. Sounds like the author might be a...
  12. humon

    What are your most hated fanfic tropes

    I dunno, I want to think Slytherin has standards. They'd be the ones bullying the shooter until he snaps. I'm one of those people who likes to do far-distant prequels and sequels, but that's just me, I have a different take on fanfics where I only want to re-use the same setting without...
  13. humon

    What are your most hated fanfic tropes

    I wonder if there's ever been a fic where the sorting hat says, "This kid's gonna be a school shooter! Get his ass out of here!"
  14. humon

    What are your most hated fanfic tropes

    I think if a merchant actually tried to do that in historical times he would have gotten lynched by a mob.
  15. humon

    What are your most hated fanfic tropes

    On character images, I keep falling into the trap of searching for images to inspire how I will describe the character, then I find one I like so much that I have to link it. But then for a different character I can't find any image that matches my imagination, and so I either have to settle for...
Back
Top