A notice about Rule 3 regarding sites hosting pirated/unauthorized content has been made. Please see here for details.
Staff is working to deal with the problem of synonymous tags. See here for more information and to suggest tag mergers.
Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com.
Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
I had an idea for a fight that directly invokes this.
Basic gist, it was speed+durability vs strength. Both fighters had super strength but no flight, which meant they were forced to find ways to stop themselves from sliding backwards when hitting each other, which would reduce the force they...
Not really a super intense critique, just something that kinda sticks out is that the characters don't quite fit the background properly? It kinda feels like that old school cartoon effect where they'd paint the background and then animate the characters separately, and you could tell what parts...
Honestly, I really love your lineart. It almost feels a shame to add colour to it, the colour usually ends up hiding all that gorgeous texture work. At the same time, I can see the need for it—the sheer amount of texture almost feels overwhelming, and the colour helps organise it so it's a bit...
Are there any artists you feel had a big impact on your style? I can't quite think of any who have that particular mix of dynamic angles and detailed background textures. Most concept artists seem to prefer the "background smear of colours" thing, not sure why.
God, these are beautiful.
I'm a bit curious, how do you come up with the designs for your characters? With the commissioned works you probably get some reference images you can work with, but do you prefer to work with more anime/manga references or real people as references?
Webtoon rec: War of Corpses.
Best way to describe it? Temu version of Rudo from Gachiakuta fights in Necromancer Battlebots featuring biopunk horrors made out of Frankenstein'd corpses alongside Zombie Muscle Waifu that's basically Penthesilia and Frankenstein's yuri lovechild.
Note, when I...
Got a rec for a Manhwa: The Knight of Embers. It's a sequel to Epic of Gilgamesh by the author Hwandaeng, and while Gilgamesh isn't required reading for understanding the story, it does help a lot in understanding the background...and is a good story besides. Gilgamesh is available on Lezhin...
Been a while since I last posted anything here.
Been practicing my portraits.
I really hate ballpoints cause of that annoying tendency to blotch. Having to remember to wipe the nib down always breaks the flow.
Been 24 hours, so should be fine.
Anyways, another idea I really like is Yuuki being the reincarnation of the Hollow Knight, from the game with the same name.
The idea I'm having is that the Hollow Knight, after , reincarnates into Yuuki. Yuuki grows up relatively timid and withdrawn, kinda...
Had a couple of potentially interesting ideas that I'm gonna sorta smoosh together into one, possibly more interesting idea.
So, basically, Chained Soldier has a bunch of pretty obvious references to the legend of Izanami and Izanagi—specifically, the parts which take place in the Underworld...
Microwave baked potato, why is this easier and faster than a normal baked potato?
What you need: A potato.
...no, that's about it. A microwave would also be nice to have.
How to make it: wash thoroughly, stab it with a fork about six or so times, then toss it in there for 10 minutes on high...
Honestly, you'd imagine in a setting where people ran on video game logic, everyone would min-max for Constitution/Vitality/whatever the HP determining stat is. When all that stands between you and death is a single number, you'd want that number to be as big as possible.