1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bleary Eyes (Worm)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by tEN, Jun 23, 2019.

1. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Amy moved quietly, carefully. It had been thirty-two hours since she slept for two. She was well aware of the medical effects of sleep deprivation. It wasn’t her choice, though. She had to hide. Hide before she found her again.

“Amyyyyy, where are you?”

She shuddered. It would be all too easy to go to her, to give up. She couldn’t, though. Not and keep her sanity. Thirty-two hours and four minutes. The time stretched forwards and backwards but she knew it.

Creeping further away, Amy made use of her bare feet to soften and remove any underfoot sticks that would otherwise snap and give her away. Just another half a mile and she’d make it.

The distance shrank slowly, step by pause by step. Thirty-two hours and eighteen minutes. She couldn’t make a sound. Not and stay hidden. Tension increased. Something was pulling back on her. A look. Her blanket had snagged on a branch.

Reaching out slowly and carefully, Amy tapped the offending branch with a single finger. Soundlessly, her blanket slipped free of the smooth branch. She continued. Onward, around, and through, she crept towards her goal. Just a little farther. Thirty-two hours and fifty-seven minutes. Just a little longer.

Her destination came into sight. She resisted the urge to run. Around to the back door. Can’t be seen. Knock knock. A cracked door, a face. “Please let me in. I’m so tired.”

“You should leave.”

“I just need to sleep. Please.”

The door didn't budge. “You won’t find rest here.”

“Dean, please.” There were tears in her eyes now. The next voice chilled her heart. It was her.

“Dean, who’s at the door?”

“Nobody, they’re just leaving.”

“Don’t be silly, I want to see who it is.” The door swung wide. There she was. Her sister, the noctis cape. “Amy! What a nice surprise! It’s time to go shopping! First thing we get is new jammies to replace the ragged ones you’re wearing. You look like you went sleepwalking in the woods!”

“No, please, I need to sleep,” Amy cried, but Vicky didn’t listen.

~[]~, Badass6969, Ack and 6 others like this.
  2. ThedudeManBro

ThedudeManBro The Dudeliest Man on the block, Bro!

3. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

It’s my artistic vision.

NuclearBirb and ThedudeManBro like this.
  4. Stormbringer117

Stormbringer117 Soulless

I'll come back when this makes sense.

5. IsaacTheAutobot1229

IsaacTheAutobot1229 Not too sore, are you?

Vicky never sleeps and keeps everyone awake. Dean is throwing Amy under the bus to get some sleep while the author made it sound like the beginning of a horror story.

Sovereign Of All and ~[]~ like this.
  6. Stormbringer117

Stormbringer117 Soulless

Ok, I’m back thanks to the actions of Issac the Autobot.

7. corndogman

corndogman Journeyman Munchkin

32 hours? Yikes. She's going to start hallucinating at some point. Not to mention the fact that forced sleep deprivation is used as a torture method.