1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[RPG] "And Then You Die" 3.x Recruitment Thread

Discussion in 'Play-by-Post' started by TotalAbsolutism, Aug 5, 2018.

1. TotalAbsolutism

TotalAbsolutism Magnificent Bastard Moderator

The known world was owned and ruled by dragons. They had enslaved the mortal races and torn their civilisations down to ruins. This state of affairs had persisted for thousands of years; beyond the living memory of any creature save the draconic overlords.

Then, several centuries ago, came the Night of Chains. It had been the work of generations of careful work and planning. Dozens of dragons awoke to find themselves bound; their confidence in their immortality thwarted by the patient efforts of creatures they thought of as less than vermin, when they even thought of them at all.

Many more of the dragons still survived. Yet now they knew fear. Faced with the prospect of rooting their former slaves out of a thousand years of twisting mining tunnels they decided to take a different approach. The survivors gathered together and, as one, spoke an Edict of Truespeech that Cursed the land. Then they left, forever.

From that day on, the dead of the land would rise again and again; seeking to destroy the living.

Decades passed until, at last, a permanent solution was discovered. Many of the old deities of the world had been rediscovered; though equally as many proved useless in the face of the draconic Curse. Until the discover of the Dawnlord, the Shining One, the Sun Father; Pelor. The ministrations of his new priesthood proved capable of granting quiesence to the restless dead.

Now, many centuries later, the Church of Pelor covers the entirety of the accessible world; both apart from and protecting the secular nations of the land. An uneasy peace reigns due to the threat of undeath that is brought by war; with no nation quite willing to go to war when there is still so much land left unclaimed.

The premise of this game is very simple. You, the players, are members of one of many mercenary groups that works alongside the Church of Pelor in containing and cleansing outbreaks of undead. As you may have guessed from the title, at some point in this story you will die and return as intelligent undead. Assuming you don't thwart my initial attempt to do so, of course; at which point I shall just shrug and move on with the story regardless.

I'm looking for three-ish players, preferably in or close to the Pacific Timezone who have regular schedules; or at least ones known well in advance. I'll prioritise anyone I know to be a good player, but also have an eye for interesting applications.

Gameplay will be primarily via Roll20 and text, with an option for voice. Even if you don't want to talk I may do that just so I can talk as a DM faster and more easily.

The character creation and setting doc can be found here. It'll be updated over the next few days, as my time allows. Feel free to ask any questions here, PM me or hop on to IRC. I'm always logged in there even if I'm not always on.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  2. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Dibs!

TotalAbsolutism likes this.
  3. TotalAbsolutism

Oh, I also already have one player running... I believe a Beguiler. Is that right, Winged One?

Winged One likes this.
  4. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

That's the plan. I mostly just think we need a sneaky type and like playing casters, so if anyone wants to be our contact with CRIMINAL SCUM and resident master of disguise, I might do something else.

Dapperlurker and TotalAbsolutism like this.
  5. Sophos

Sophos Luck of The Devil

You already know I am interested.

TotalAbsolutism likes this.
  6. Sophos

Sophos Luck of The Devil

Right, you can count me as a Shapeshifter Druid w/ Spontaneous Rejuv.

7. Sophos

Sophos Luck of The Devil

Character:
    Name: Onyx Redgrove
    Race: half Elf
    Class: Shapeshifter Druid
    [​IMG]
    Str 18, Dex 16, Con 8, Int 16, Wis 17, Cha 9.

Basic Info: A Half-Elven Child left to fend for themselves in the wild.

8. TotalAbsolutism

I forgot to add in the CC doc that I've been using Background Skills from PF, with some modifications. Added that to the document.

- Eight at first level
    - If you spend background skill points on cross-class skills you get a full rank instead of a half rank, but you still cannot pass the limit on cross-class skills

That's all.

9. Generic_Generica

Generic_Generica Verified kōhai

I'd be interested in such a thing.

Later.

When I'm, y'know, fucking awake.

10. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

If it's not too late, I'd like to play. Thinking of either a wizard or psion.

11. TotalAbsolutism

Still preparing for the final party so it's not impossible.

12. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

Name: Anwir Goodman
    Race: Human
    Class: Beguiler
    [​IMG]
    Str 12 Dex 12 Con 12 Int 17 Wis 13 Cha 15
    Basic Info: This guy seems shady, even for a mercenary.

13. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

Argotem Laud
    M LN Elf Wizard 4, Level 4, Init 3, HP / , Speed 30
    AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort 1, Ref 5, Will 8, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Dagger +2 (1d4, x2)
    Short bow +5 (1d6, x3)
    (+3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 8, Int 17, Wis 16, Cha 10
    Condition None

I think I have everything.

14. TotalAbsolutism

Alright, looks like we will have:

UrsaTempest - Human Fighter
    WingedOne - Human Beguiler
    Sophos - Half-Elf Druid
    Garahs - Elf Wizard

I will start preparing a schedule, as well as send y'all a link to a Discord server that I will generally use to store information as I am wont to do.