1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Est Imperare Orbi Universo (Dio Quest)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Looking at what Naruto accomplished in the run of the manga, I refuse to believe he wasn't rocking some of the Ninja Jesus powers during his formative years. If he could talk murderous psychopath Gaara into being a good guy, he should have been able to get some random civilians on his side.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

From what I remember, in the manga Naruto didn't act like Ninja Jesus until after the fight with Zabuza and Haku, until then he was just a brat that although wanted to be Hokage didn't have the skills and believed that the only thing that mattered was getting stronger and obtaining any kind of attention.

3. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

[X] Civilians are irrelevant. Konoha is a military dictatorship; above all you need the shinobi on your side.
    -> [X] Feign tears and ask Raccoon why everyone hates you. She has a maternal streak you've been working on for some time now.

Honestly, we're likely only staying for a limited time which means we should be milking Konoha for all it's worth and that means ninja stuff and maybe a few capable minions.
    Both of those things require us to ingratiate ourselves with shinobi and civilians aren't going to be helpful with either, so this choice should be rather obvious.

4. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] Civilians are irrelevant. Konoha is a military dictatorship; above all you need the shinobi on your side.
    -> [X] Feign tears and ask Raccoon why everyone hates you. She has a maternal streak you've been working on for some time now.

5. shiki11

shiki11 Know what you're doing yet?

6. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

Being Mr. Nice while subtly acting to ruin people's lives for his own amusement is young Dio's whole thing.

But playing head games with super powered elite soldiers sounds much more fun than doing it with the unpowered and irrelevant masses.

7. Lemonbarb

Lemonbarb Very sour Grinch

Pretty Dio like for me. May not want to do the poisoning acts unless we have something to gain. But the possibility of getting into some sort of Ninja family if possible, can be... helpful.

That aside, IC wise I doubt we'd care THAT much for Civilians, only on those who have power.

8. kedgisgo

kedgisgo Semi-Professional Lurker

all aboard the SS Mindfuck

9. Disminded

Disminded Versed in the lewd.

[X] All-out charm offensive. Say good morning to everyone you pass, and wave to them. The ones who're truly afraid will be more intimidated, the undecided will feel ridiculous for fearing a small child, and those who express sympathy will be heartened by your benign façade.

10. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

Huh. Kinda surprised crocodile tears picked up so much weight.

Eh, if Dio thinks being nice all around will actually work and mesh with his current persona, that's one thing. I just got the impression that he was sheltered enough that all around cheer just isn't something that would be natural. Although I could very well be wrong about that.

11. overmind

Well, he had to have done something to make all the peopleand JoJo's father to actually consider him a pretty nice guy, and a son to be proud of.

Just like Furiko said, only JoJo could see through him, and even thenhe thought that the problem was him all along.

12. Hymn of Ragnarok

No, I get that, but we're barely even two years old now and holding in a bijuu. A bit different.

....Seriously, we need to figure out how A. Minato saw us, and B. as soon as we got the bijuu in us, despite Orochimaru saying the seal is working perfectly, we got a massive increase in power.

13. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

The seal is designed to leak power, IIRC. That's why Canon!Naruto has such fuckhueg Chakra reserves [well, that and Uzumaki]- His Chakra system has been stretched over the years by the Youki constantly flowing into them.

14. Hymn of Ragnarok

Going by Furiko's post from Orochimaru's perspective, here Oro says it's NOT leaking chakra.

15. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Hmm.

I'd like some clarification as to whether that means it's not leaking, but any deliberate flows into the Chakra System are still going as planned, or whether that means that Kyuubi is completely sealed off.

16. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

I dunno, I just kinda think crocodile tears are beneath Dio's dignity.

This is, after all, 100-year old Vampire Dio.

17. Hymn of Ragnarok

To be fair we were already indulging people with baby noises and activities in our early days.

18. overmind

Then there should be no problem for us to assume a frendly act for the civilians as well.

19. Hymn of Ragnarok

How is normal baby actions correlating with being extremely friendly to strangers after being sheltered and isolated? So far I just haven't been getting that vibe.

20. overmind

From what I think , it would be interpreted as curiosity, after all since as you say he has been isolated, then the cheerfulness could be attributed seeing new people and trying to make a good impression.

21. Hymn of Ragnarok

Mmm....okay, I can kinda see that if we were given that kind of prompting as a child.

Although all cards on the table, it's still not an act that appeals to me, but now I can kinda see where it comes from.

22. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

[X] All-out charm offensive. Say good morning to everyone you pass, and wave to them. The ones who're truly afraid will be more intimidated, the undecided will feel ridiculous for fearing a small child, and those who express sympathy will be heartened by your benign façade.
    -[X]React with tears when rebuffed. No one said you can't play multiple angles. It'll stroke the sympathy bone harder especially in raccoon.

23. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

No, the seal's working the way it did in canon. It's just that Stands are kind of an out-of-context problem for people with heightened senses in Narutoland; The World doesn't show up quite the way normal chakra does, but sensors and those with lots and lots of high-rank battle experience will know that something is up there.

Because you've been being nice to Sarutobi, he assumes it's just the seal doing a really good job, but Orochimaru got the full Dio experience. It wasn't the power itself that scared him, it was the fact that you're obviously aware enough to be in control of it already - and to be looking at a freaking member of the Sannin like he's food.

Dio, FeebleEcho, EVA-Saiyajin and 3 others like this.
  24. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

On that subject, I'd just really like to engage in a protracted psychewar campaign against Orochimaru, to the point where he is nothing but a shivering, broken wreck of a man who flinches at the very mention of our name.

Dio likes this.
  25. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

26. Hymn of Ragnarok

Clearly we need to do something about Orochimaru's perception of us.

Let's ask him out to dinner.

sassafras and assana73 like this.
  27. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

God damn it, people, stop making me ship Naruto/Orochimaru!

28. Hymn of Ragnarok

My but that would put a whole new spin on the Pedo!Orochimaru jokes.....

Who will kidnap who, I wonder?

29. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

... OTOH, the current thought track is also pretty damned funny.

Damn. Do we traumatize the man, or flirt wi- Ah, who am I kidding, we all know we're going to end up doing both!

30. Hymn of Ragnarok

Indeed, that was my intention from the start.

I mean really. 'You looked at the Snake Sannin like he was food.' 'Hmm. Let's ask him out to dinner.'

How else is this supposed to end? :D