1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Chaldea on Fire (Fate/Grand Order SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Silver W. King, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

I can't wait to reach Dantes. :D

Errr, >_>

Suuure. Yeaaah, I'll...totally work and add more of this.

This is really *Cough* *cough* *starts sweating. Why are there no notes on this?* not a one-off joke or anything. O_O;

...I'm gonna have to go through 4 websites to correct this mistake.

All Banner/Limited Servants deserve to have their asses kicked when they don't answer you. :mad:

GudaGuda will be fun! :D

I got the idea from this:

[​IMG]

I really want to find Olga Marie in Caster Cu dress, but I can't.

I would love to commission an artist but I don't know where to find good one for Fate or how commission for art works.

Yeah, it's totally not because I got bored of calling everyone by name, and used MHX POV to say fuck it and write whatever I came up with. :p

*Hides away notes*

:D

It's just, sure she's a joke character, but she has a spaceship, why isn't that it's own NP. Or make her ability to make spaceships, since she can make things warp travel even without a warp drive a NP on it's own.

Fuck me, fuck words with similar spelling, and fuck spellchecker for not catching this. :mad:

Every girl will be Best Girl. :D

Yep. Not gonna use her for serious scenes at all.

Maybe I'll have that be a running gag. :p

Thankfully this isn't like the game, and I don't plan to use Ascension Items even if I will use Ascension for dramatic moments. Or at least I won't use the game gimmick use for Ascension Items.

...Heh. I didn't think of that, but this will be fun.

I don't blame you, thank you for pointing out the corrections, but I want you to know I'm crying.

I mean when you meet a character in an anime who does magic letter writing, you just want them to get their plot role shtick out of the way so things can continue. :D

I'm actually referencing...Nah, if it's not obvious, might as well leave it for a while. It would make future scene have more weight.

Yep, she's totally not an airhead. Just like how her disguise is top-notch and can't be seen through at all.

"But--"

At all!

The internet works in the apocalypse. They put the main servers in bunkers more advanced and more secretive than even the ones made for people.

...I'm so gonna use this line later on.

Some I'll gloss over, some I'll use for the calmer chapter, and some I'll incorporate into main events. :D

Maybe, but I don't think too many of those things survived. Maybe some magic books from the Tohsaka, Matou or Einzbern places, but not much else. As for Kiritsugu's corpse I kinda expect it's just burned up black from all the fires in Fuyuki and can't be found.

I mean, it would be kinda absurd for Michael to search, scan and dig up every corpse he can find to make bullets out of their bones. ...Huh.

Pants and videogames.

Hmm, those are actually pretty good ideas, that I might use since Michael would get a penchant for blowing shit up.

Don't think that would work much on Cu Alter, but it might be a viable plan to bring up.

Dude couldn't believe that he actually got a Flawless Victory, that even Flauros is dead. He's taking any shit he can think of and getting the fuck out of there ASAP.

Interesting ideas, might use them later by just having him and the Servant build those stuff.

Camelot is so far I don't wanna even think about it, but I think there would be too many events going on to sit down and build stuff.

Halloween, Ghost apartment and Dante tower are definitely in. Fate/Accel Zero Order I think is also something to do if I can think of a way to squeeze it in. Without it seem like a weird blob of an event slapped into the plot just because.

2. Althero

Althero Not too sore, are you?

Could have sworn there some art of that somewhere on the net but I'm already in bed and I have work time so count me out

3. Crixxis

Crixxis Covered in something

Actually I think her stun ability is her calling down her ship for fire support.

4. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

5. Silver W. King

Look at all those horded items. I think most players would rage at those stuff being thrown away like that. Or love Shuten to death if they came as a gift with her.

Well, no level ups, maybe Ascension looks to show the Servants unlocking more hidden shounen powers.

6. CorruptKing

CorruptKing Best Ass of Sin

Going over individual quotes would take too long and I'm too tired, so I'm just gonna quote everything and leave a general statement.

I trust you to be able to write this well considering you still haven't given up on it and made such a hilarious chapter. Some minor mistakes are understandable, but don't fuss over them too much. Just have fun with it and don't try to force humor unless you're going for forced humor deliberately to make things awkward. You can come up with a lot when you're just having fun with things.

I can't wait for the next bit dude.

I mean, you change as you gain experience and grow. So not having to use items makes complete sense for the sake of the story.

7. Biigoh

lol.....

Slayer 10321 and Silver W. King like this.
  8. Phantom Blaster

Phantom Blaster A Gentlemanly Dragon.

Mashu is still the adorable cinnamon roll that needs to be cared for. All my likes

9. V01D

V01D Autistic lover of LOLz

FTFY.

Yeah, I really wanted to find what it might look like.
    I found NOTHING...

Here's a thought - Finding Hakuno in Septem. With Artera retaining her memories from Extallia, even if from the Final Timeline.
    While she would be unable to pull out the true state of her NP, when she gets summoned (if by Lev), surprises everyone by NOT being Berserk. Yes, Lev wouldn't get stabbed (even though she would try) due to his pseudo-forknowlege, but even he would be surprised by her joining up with the group.

Sefar's ability, in my mind, is the PERFECT counter to the Demonic Mist of the London Singularity...

A question to think about - Jeanne is a Saberface. Would Assasin X react badly to her? I would hope she would come along.
    (Also, I could DEFINATELY see SI recruiting Alice, possibly even Jack during London. Knowing their names Always helps)

I doubt Solomon can see them while they move between singularities.

Do you have any plans for the Halloween/Christmas/Summer events? Some of them do seem like they would require Chaldea...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  10. CorruptKing

You can see it sorta in the background during Saber Wars, but it's been like a year since I played that Event. You can also see it sorta in her Valentine's Chocolate to you (this I know because I prioritized getting it along with Lily's quite a bit).

Silver W. King and Slayer 10321 like this.
  11. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

Good point, I forgot how much destruction had occurred. Still I don't see how the fires could have reached underground to effect Kiritsugu's corpse. And I wasn't thinking about every body, but origin bullets are a very powerful anti-magus weapon. Also, a CE in FGO. Still, you have given no indication that you're using CEs, and I was probably just conflating anti0magus with anti0magic and overvaluing them, I guess that maybe origin bullets wouldn't be as useful as I was thinking they would.
    Even when living inside of a videogame, you must be sure to grab more videogames.
    Why not? Shouldn't Alters still have the same weaknesses to their myths that normal servants have?
    Makes sense.
    I hadn't considered that. Really, without the ability to return to Chaldea, Michael won't have much time to simply rest between singularities. And the only singularity that actually gives him any downtime is going to be Babylonia.
    I would offer a suggestion, but as it is, I have no idea how you're planning on getting to the events. Still, I could see Michael deliberately going to the events in order to build up his forces more before taking on Solomon. Also, the event servants play an important role in the Solomon singularity, so he is going to want to go to as many of them as he can.

Random thought, but will Michael ever make himself a demi-servant? It would be a definite power boost, and remove the weak-point of the team. Although, if he were to do so, I'm not sure who it would make sense for him to go with. Personally, I would expect him to go with either an archer to stay off the front lines or an assassin to sneak to important stuff he knows about.

Another random thought, but I'm thinking about what resources he has. Specifically, SQ. IIRC, he should have one for every servant, one for every shadow servant, and five more, minus three for summoning MHX and ten for using the grail. So, I think that he's at four SQ remaining, just enough for one more servant to be summoned.

12. Zam138

Zam138 Slower Writer Than GRRM

Wait... MICHAEL KILLED LANCER!
    You're not human!

13. Silver W. King

Need all the entertainment you can get between saving the world and all.

It's more the "shove dog meat down his throat and make him choke on it" bit. We could try to invite him for a meal since he has that geas of "never refuse an invitation" but I just can't see that happening in a war.

He can rest in a Singularity when he finishes it, but that will likely to lead to Season Events to happen there.

Moon Festival and Halloween seem like they would happen in France IIRC.

I have something in the works but it likely isn't going to show itself till Rome.

Counting Main Quests and Free Quests, there are 17 SQs in Fuyuki. 10 used on the grail and 3 used for MHX summoning. There are four left.

14. Roaming_Guardian

Roaming_Guardian I trust you know where the happy button is?

So, will one or more Jeannes be following us out of Orleans?

15. Silver W. King

Hmm, I'm gonna do that annoying author thing where I answer your question by not answering your question and just say:

...Maybe.

But since I'm feeling bumped out because...ffffffffuck it's cold.

Why the hell should anyone do anything in these times other than get under a blanket and wrap themselves in warm hugs till this winter is over.

Point is, here's a tease Servant Sheet:

True Name: Kiyohime (Alter)
    Alias: The Forever Grieving Dragon Maiden

[​IMG]

Servant Class: Caster
    Alternate Classes: Berserker, Assassin

Parameters

Strength: C
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: A++
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Class Skills

Territory Creation: C
    Her Noble Phantasm act as a “territory” for her. She can recreate the Dōjō-ji Monastery that she burned down with Anchin. Should she do that the self-damaging part of her Noble Phantasm would be removed, but she doesn’t as she wants to be punished for killing the one she loved.

Item Construction: C
    Can create items to slow down and hold back her dragon transformation. These items would need to be remade after a set of time however. Although at the end, it is a temporarily measure.

Personal Skills

Dragonic Transfiguration: B--
    Kiyohime Alter is already half-way to becoming a dragon. The iron stakes, chains, ofudas and other miscellaneous items were made to restrain this Skill, and need to be constantly remade and reapplied to hold this Skill back. Under normal circumstances this Skill would be Rank EX where Kiyohime would be transformed into a dragon within a few minutes, to a few hours at most, of her summoning.

Breath of the Dragon: C
    This skill was suppose to be Rank A. Kiyohime Alter can release a torrent of blue flames that can destroy buildings and cause burns even through magical defenses. However Kiyohime uses this skill sparingly as the more she uses it, the more her Rank in Dragonic Transfiguration rises.

Agony of the Heart: A+++
    Pain of the body and torment of the heart. Kiyohime Alter is in constant pain from trying to hold back her dragon transformation, and from the methods used to hold back said transformation. But even beyond her physical pain, her heart is in constant ache as a reminder of her crime. She never listened, she never tried to understand, and in nothing but a haze of rage, she burned the one she loved. In the end, she was left with nothing but grief that stabs down to her very soul.

“I killed Anchin-sama. That can never be forgiven. I deserve this.”

Pain’s End Hug: A
    The silent wish within Kiyohime Alter’s heart. Be it for her Anchin to come back and forgive her, or for someone to make her pain end, she isn’t sure. It would have been more merciful for her to die together with her Anchin, but she survived. Yet despite pain being with her in every moment in every way, she can do nothing but hope. Hope for…

“Please Anchin-sama, stop me. Please someone, anyone...save me...

Noble Phantasm

Penance Immolation to Achieve Yamas
    Type: Anti-Unit (Self) | Rank: EX

The act of Kiyohime Alter changing into a dragon like in her legend. However this is different than her normal self, as her transformation causes her flames to go out of control causing a wave and aura of heat and fire that burns not just her but her surroundings. Her flames would burn her enemies but also harm her as her desire to be punished for killing Anchin causes her flames to be self-damaging as well. Rebuilding the Dōjō-ji Monastery with her Territory Creation would, yet it would take a Command Seal to force her to do that. Yet for as long as the sorrow in her heart continues, her dragonic regeneration will persist to keep her alive, as the pain is her penance. She wants for love to be extinguish so the pain she feels would end, thus for as long as she has prana, her aura of fire-tainted mana would continue to expand in range.

As the saying goes misery loves company. Kiyohime Alter in her dragon form sees other dragons or being of reptilian nature as “companions who suffer the same aches of love as me” thus her flames would empower them, giving them stronger constitutions and an aura of flames to help “end the sufferings of love faster”, till they can no longer hold that power and burn up from within “gaining peace from the heart’s agony”.

In the end, it is her grief that keeps her alive in a perpetual state of suffering, so if she felt peace her flames would finally consume her, bringing her story to the fateful end it’s been delayed from.

Anyways, in the coming days, I'll be working on a prelude from another Master's POV, do a "how we got here" thing, and then start working on the Orleans Singularity chapter(s).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  16. Roaming_Guardian

Roaming_Guardian I trust you know where the happy button is?

...something horrible happened to one of the Gudas.

17. CorruptKing

Something is very wrong with me. All I want to do is give her cuddles, hot chocolate, and, once she is better, lewds with handholding to help her move on.

18. GladiusLucix

GladiusLucix Versed in the lewd.

Are the pants for Jackie when she comes home joins the crew?

19. CorruptKing

And decrease her power by hiding her thong? Hell no. :p

20. GladiusLucix

GladiusLucix Versed in the lewd.

Considering Silver once had another SI that summoned Jackie for the 5th Holy Grail War, and gave her pants then, I didn't think it was out of the question.

Also, Knife Daughteru is for headpats, not for lewds.

EDIT: And then I saw your avatar.

21. CorruptKing

Given this is an SFW story, I will yield on my typical opinion that Jackie deserves both.

And yes, this has been my standard avatar for QQ with a singular exception post-Solomon in FGO that I decided to come back to once I gave my account to a friend here after I lost self-control on the gacha.

I went on a whole spiel about it on the FGO thread here and everyone was super supportive and tried their best to help me work through things. It really meant a lot to me because I've been playing for a year and losing control really shook me bad.

22. Silver W. King

Damn straight. :D After all you need warm clothes and a hot meal to get Jackie when you meet her.

Man I love when readers notice and comment on these details.

It really warms my heart that people know that, but it also makes me a feel a bit guilty as when (I plan to make damn sure it's a "when") I return to finish it, I think I'm gonna just write the holy grail war, and then just a summary of what I planned to happen in the story as I wrote it during a very early period in my writing, so I had some very...Mary Sue plans for the SI then after the Grail War.

Maybe I'll write a NSFW omakes for this fic later on and show Jackie's awesome booty. :D

There is definitely be headpats. Hmmm, I might use the picture of your avatar as how Michael meets Jackie.

Parental love at first stab.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  23. CorruptKing

Ah, it's nice someone admits Jackie can and does deserve both lewds and headpats. :D DAT ASS is positively divine and deserves some loving.

And I found the profile image I've been using for over a year now on zerochan. I have the full link downloaded so just let me know if you want to actually use the full image (I don't know if you copied my profile image if it would also copy the size or if it would keep the original size).

24. Mizu

Mizu Software Developer

This is excellent so far, I must say. Most FGO SI try to save the director, but I don't think I've seen one which has Chaldea utterly destroyed before, nor the protag's group forging on despite that. MHX was a delight to see summoned, and her cast interactions are great.

Looking forward to more.

25. Threadmarks: Orleans Prelude: Beginning the Comeback Concert
    Silver W. King

Orleans Prelude:
    Beginning the Comeback Concert

Gudako POV

I stood on top of the Vaucouleurs fortress wall, over the entrance gate. Kinda funny that the entrance was facing the same direction the dragon and zombie army were coming from. Or is it symbolic?

Jeanne would have probably liked the idea, of finally standing our ground and fighting, rather than all running away again.

Jeanne…

I could still hear those last words she shouted, before Medea teleported us away.

“La Pucelle!”

Later on, Medea confirmed via scrying that Catgirl Archer, Dracula and the Black Knight Dude were all gone.

But so was Jeanne.

I’ve only gotten to know her a few short days. Two days if I was actually counting. Maybe even less than that. Yet I wanted to help her.

She tried to hide it but I could tell the whole Evil Side gone rampage situation was bothering her. But we didn’t get a chance to find answers. Seriously, isn’t the enemy too OP from the get go? Or rather too competent?

There was also that bob cut blond guy. I don’t know why, but I can’t help but feel he’s responsible somehow. What did Evil Jeanne call him? Pretell? Pretally? Prelty? Some kind of starbucks drink name.

Either way, he gives me the creeps. Definitely not husbando material, even if he’s handsome-ish.

I let out a sigh. Thinking of husbandos led to thinking of waifus, and thinking of waifus led to thinking of Mash. I need some Mashuium to replenish my energy in these depressing times.

“Enough,” I slapped my face, to kick out the bad thoughts, and focus. “No more pessimism. Positivity, positivity!” I cried out pushing the air. That’s right, we’ll beat Evil Jeanne, find where Mashu, Newbie and Supergirl went, get back to Chaldea and fix everything.

“So that’s where you were, Master?” Medea called out as she floated down next to me.

“Big Sis~.” I know I sounded whiny, but I didn’t like how she said Master. Like she was trying to put distance between us. “I told you to call me by my name.” I said as I hugged her.

“A-ah, right.” Big Sis Medea coughed to try and hide her blush and look important. “Yes, I’m the big sister.” She gave a proud sigh.

Which in turn made her heavenly chest, even heavenlier. “Ah~ truly, Big Sister’s ‘big sisters’ are the best.” As I have come to appreciate as of late, Servant Boobs are Best Boobs.

“What are you calling ‘big sisters’?” Said Medea as she pulled on my ear.

“Ow, ow, Big Sis~ It hurts~.” Oh come on, I’m still in emotional pain here!

Medea thankfully let go of my poor ear, as she let out a big sigh. “Good grief, and here I was worried you would be taking things badly.” She really needs to relax. All that anxiety can’t be good for her.

“I was, but then I snapped myself out of it!” I said while doing a Can-Do pose. “I can cry when it’s all over, but right now we’re alive. So we have to do our best with what we can.” I crossed my arms as I nodded to myself. TV has taught me well, even if Rin-sensei was completely useless with it.

“Resilient, aren’t you? I suppose that’s a quality to be admired in the current situation.” Medea said neutrally, but I knew the truth! She’s trying to stealthy praise me. I accept that praise!

“Thank you! So how’s Eli and Mozart?” I asked about the other Servants with us.

Speaking of Mozart, I really hate that we didn’t find him earlier, I would have liked to have met Marie Antoinette. I wonder if she really is like history and actually liked cake? Maybe she knew some good recipes.

When Evil Jeanne and her group found me, Good Jeanne and Medea at La Charité, I had Medea teleport us away, empowered by a Command Spell, that we managed to reach Thiers. We met Elizabeth and Kiyohime there who were arguing about...I dunno. Being dragons of different cultures? Either way, we stopped their squabble, got them to make up, shake hands and all.

But we barely got a full day to rest before Evil Jeanne attacked us with ten freaking Servants. Seriously, that’s bullshit!

I don’t remember all their names but I remember them. They were Dracula, Black Knight Dude, Catgirl Archer, Starbuck Name Creep, Bug-Eyes Priest, Sad Edward Scissorhands, Musketeer Trap, Hot Vampire Dominatrix, Serial Killer Bureaucrat, and Saint Martha.

Saint Martha I remembered because she just felt so out of place. Even more than Musketeer Trap.

Seriously. Attacking us with all your Servants? How’s that fair! Shouldn’t the Heroes be given a chance to make a shiny comeback!?

Right then, Jeanne said she would hold them back, and Medea...I went along with what she said and ran away. To make things worse, the only reason Evil Jeanne took as long as she did to catch up to us, was because she found Mozart and Marie on the way to get us. I know logically it’s not my fault, but I feel things should have been different. If I was a better Master…

Well, I’m still gonna kick Evil Jeanne’s ass! More Servants just means more EXP, right!?

“They are currently arguing over how the stage should be set for the acoustics, and how the ‘concert’ should be performed.” Medea rolled her eyes at the word ‘concert’. Oh right Medea was talking. No time for flashbacks. “I have made the drum towers closest to the image of her Noble Phantasm's sound towers. Bathory would be able to overlay her towers over them allowing her to cut the cost of her Noble Phantasm and use it repeatedly. However, Mozart suggested we just use the sound system to empower his Noble Phantasm to increase its range and power, thus the crux of the issue. I would appreciate if you deal with this post-haste so I can finish up the preparations before the Other Jeanne and her army arrives.” Medea’s tone was bored, but it was easy to tell she was annoyed. Better deal with this quick.

“Ah, I see.” I looked back inside the castle to see Mozart and Eli shouting at one another on top of the unfinished stage. “Hey guys! Just take turns with your shows!” I called out.

“Eeeeh! Puppy, why do I have to share the stage with this pervert!?” Shouted the Idol Dragon Girl, pouting heavily.

“I don’t mind subjecting our enemies to her horrendous voice, but do we have to listen to it as well!?” Said Wolfgang—even thinking about it again it is still a badass name—actually looking annoyed and not just his usual disheartened. “In fact there is no need for her to make any noise. This loud dragon has done enough to harm us, now she should just be quiet.”

“I’ll show you quiet!” Elizabeth growled as she turned to Mozart.

“Guys! Different shows allows the audience to not get bored of the same performer, and even see which one they like better and be excited for them to come back!” I shouted out. I really hope they don’t go all out into actually fighting.

“Hmph!” Elizabeth crossed her arms. “I guess I can take the time to show how much better an idol is, to an old sack like you.” Thankfully Elizabeth seemed to be fine turning this into a competition.

“Your audience would end up wanting to kill themselves, but I suppose it would make it easier for me to show them a better requiem.” Said Mozart, holding his baton for emphasis.

Thankfully they both went their separate ways after that.

“Thank you for resolving that, Gudako.” Said Medea, and no matter how neutral she sounded I knew she was glad.

“Heehee,” so naturally I grinned back. “Oh right, did you find anymore of the Rainbow Rocks?”

“Ah, yes,” Medea opened her hand, and magically two of the Rainbow Rocks appeared. “One was at the town of Domrémy, the other was actually around here.”

“Cool!” I took them and put them in my side pack with the rest. “That makes eight! So we can summon two more Servants, and save the other two for healing, right?”

“From what I’ve also analyzed, they would also work as a replacement magical energy for Servants. Allowing multiple uses of Noble Phantasms if you are empty of energy or need to ease the magical drain upon you.” Medea explained. “Personally, I suggest summoning only one more Servant, and keeping the rest for emergencies.”

“But shouldn’t we summon as many as we can on our side, to build up our advantage?” I asked.

“Incorporating new Servants into our strategies might be difficult, especially if they are a wildcard.” Medea explained, and I think I was beginning to see the picture.

Medea was used to working on her own or manipulating others. Working with others probably isn’t something she was used to. But she is also right on us needing to save some of the Rainbow Rocks in case the Servants on our side needed an emergency full heal. After all, this is gonna be a long fight.

“Alright then, one summons and save the rest.” I finally said.

“I’m glad you agree, Master.” Super Pout. “Sorry, Gudako. It’s a force of habit.” She raised her hand in a placing manner.

“...Okay, I guess I can’t stay mad at you, Medea.” I grinned, looking forward to what’s next. “Time to summon a new Servant!”

=x=x=x=x=

A golden pillar erupted from the summoning circle.

“Queen of the Amazons, Penthesilea. I have complied with your summons. Listen, firstly, if Achilles is here, get him out here. Keeping him a secret will get you killed.” Said the Muscular Amazonian Jailbait. Also when I look at her stats...

“HELL YEAH! WE ACTUALLY GOT SOMEONE STRONG, WHEN WE REALLY NEEDED IT!” I pumped both arms in the air. We seriously needed a break, and I am so glad we got something to fight back against that OP Evil Jeanne.

“...” The queen who was frowning till now smiled. “It seems I will enjoy working with you, Master.” I smiled at her, then replayed what she said when she was summoned.

“Wait, what was that about me getting killed?”

=x=x=x=x=

It was finally time. As the sun was at its zenith, I could see the monster army crossing the hills to reach us, and as I suspect further away, is Evil Jeanne taking her time to get to us on Fafnir.

Guess Medea was right in her estimations about her presence hiding wards. Evil Jeanne saw through them eventually. ...Or maybe it was summoning Penpen that did it. (I don’t call her that to her face by the way. At least not yet.)

“Are you nervous?” Medea asked next to me.

“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean I’ll run.” I looked at my Servant, my Big Sis and grinned. “After all, this is the start of our counterattack!”

“That’s right!” Elizabeth’s voice comes from the speakers, as she stood with a mike on the stage in the middle of the fortress. “Light it up, Stage Designer!”

“That’s not my name,” Medea growled, but nonetheless flared her Od, and the fortress glowed physically and spiritually, as magic lit up the main pipes running through it.

“Good gosh, that lizard really is tiresome.” Mozart sighed.

“Ha, maybe, but she does have the right mood.” I laughed, feeling Eli’s enthusiasm as well.

“Heh, I suppose I am looking forward to playing my part as well. Letting the noisy dragon yell at that first, should stun them to be laid down by my performance.”

“I heard that, triangle hat!”

I laughed and grinned at their antics.

The fortress began to shake and then lifted off the ground.

“So this is how you will fight.” Said the oddly calm Berserker, as she observed the coming army.

“Yep, we’re gonna hit them big and hard, like they hit us. And hopefully if we are lucky all the other Servants will be stuck to the ground.” I said.

“Luck rarely offers aid in the battlefield. Take note of it, but don’t depend on it.” Said Penthesilea. “You should have trained like I told you.” She said frowning, or rather her face always seems to be like that.

“Hehe, I don’t think a few hours would have made a difference. Also, I’m pretty sure it’s a bad idea for the Master to be in the middle of the fight.” I grinned sheepishly.

“Well, I’ll acknowledge your strength is different than mine.” The Amazon Queen focused back on the approaching army. They were now only a few minutes away. “I will crush them, whatever your plans, don’t get in my way.” She said as she climbed on top of the merlon, ready to jump.

“Wait!” I shouted, only to get a glare back for it. “Can you please save your strength, and not get too far away till, Evil Jeanne arrives with Fafnir? If you are going to fight her, it’s best to not exhaust yourself on the cannon fodder. That way, while you’re fighting her, we can take care of the other Servants, then join you.” Penthesilea was my strongest Servant now, but she...was a bit difficult to get along with. But one day, I’ll melt that rough exterior to get to the waifu within.

“...If there is anything left by the time you arrive, you may assist me.” She grinned, and launched herself off the castle wall, causing the wind to ripple in her wake. I found myself grinning as well, while protecting my face from the wind caused by Penpen jumping away.

I looked up to see the wyverns flying in disarray, as Penthesilea landed on one, attacked it and its friends, before jumping away and doing the same to another group.

“Welp, now we really can’t fall behind.” I said mostly to myself. Medea already had the fortress defenses fire and attack the wyverns, as she went and played orbital laser satellite herself on the enemies. “Elizabeth, hit it!”

“Báthory Erzsébet”

The world shook with the voice of a tone-deaf idol.

=x=x=x=x=

“How. Many. Frickin’. Dragons. Does. She. Have!?” I growled.

It’s been three hours of constantly fighting wyverns, and also burning the zombie gathering below the castle. So far, no sign of Evil Jeanne or her Servants, and I’m starting to feel like how my Berserker is feeling.

“RRRRRAAAGGGHH!!” Penthesilea roared as she jumped on another wyvern, before kicking it into another wyvern, and used the force to jump on another wyvern, rinse and repeat.

Wyvern, wyvern, wyvern. I’m tired of seeing wyvern! Give me something new dammit.

“Pa-” Eli coughed. “Puppy, I need a break, my throat needs to cool down. This concert is really very duty.”

“As much as it pains me to agree, we need some breathing room.” Said Wolfgang. “This battle is going on for too long without them pulling back even a bit, also some of the wyverns seem weird. Not to mention the strain on your circuit, Gudako.”

“I’m fine.”

Not really, my Magic Circuits were a bit heated for a while now. While this era provides a lot of Mana for Servants to stay manifested and fight, they do need my connection to stay anchored to this world, and to fight to their full abilities. Naturally, there would be a drain on my circuits for them to be able to fight. Again, due to the nature of this era, they don’t need much, from all the mana around, but with how long the battle’s been going, even I’m feeling the strain even from the bits they take.

There is also the fact that I’ve had Medea move the fortress and head to where a free Servant, not allied with anyone was located. Sadly, according to her, he was the only one left. Our last potential (hopefully) ally.

At the moment we were over a wide forest of Jura. Medea really should have added some speed boosters to this thing. Then again, we have the wyvern chase us in zigzag line, and we had to make sure the zombies don’t break off to go attack the towns, so there is that constant drain.

“I can keep going.” Then as if to answer my prayers (or maybe it was taunting Murphy), a giant genuine dragon approached. My eye widened in recognition. “Fafnir incoming!” I also opened the telepathic link to Penthesilea. “Dark Jeanne and Fafnir arrived, prepare yourself.”

“I will crush anything!” Came back the gleeful shout of the Amazon Queen as a reply.

“Yeah, she’s having fun,” I then focused on something that’s been bothering me for a while. “Hey, Medea, is it me or is there something off about those wyverns.”

“One moment,” Medea thought toward me. “Gudako, I’m sorry to tell you the wyverns appear to be vampiric in nature.”

“Say what?” Rather than think it telepathically, I said it out loud.

[​IMG]

Look at them, after one of the dragons was injured and fell down, a few gathered and caught him. They weren’t aiding him, they were eating him.

“Seriously?” Then Fafnir’s shadow blocked the sun as it arrived, and all the surrounding wyvern were on fire. “The hell!? Medea!” I shouted forgetting the Master-Servant mental link.

“It appears the wyverns are on fire.” Came her clinical reply. I think she was in as much shock as I was.

“I can see that! Is that good?” I cried out.

“It appears the fire is strengthening them.”

“So, we have dragons, that are vampiric, that are on fire! The hell is this!? I didn’t ask for Challenge Mode!” I shouted at the heavens.

Then I felt someone’s piercing stare at me. I tried to look at the source, and as I looked at one of the bigger wyverns flying next to Fafnir, I saw someone I never thought I’d see again.

[​IMG]

“Will you burn with me, my Anchin-sama?”

Even if she was far away, I felt as if the words were spoken right next to me.

“Kiyohime, wha…” I couldn’t form any words. It was Kiyohime, that stubborn, annoying and cute dragon girl who argued with Eli but I also knew it was not. Just from looking at her, I knew something was terribly wrong. “Medea, next to Evil Jeanne on a bigger wyvern.” That was all I could say.

“It appears to be a Servant similar to Kiyohime.”

“Medea, wha—”

“That is all I can tell, and all she appears to be. Even if the enemy revived her, it is likely not the Kiyohime we met. Master, this is a trick by Dark Jeanne, please don’t waver due to it.”

Medea fired back to cold calm rationality. But I wasn’t sure what to do.

With a roar, Penthesilea threw herself at Fafnir, only for the Altered Kiyo to jump off her wyvern and intercept her.

Dammit, we can’t have a stalemate now.

“Master, Fafnir’s magical energy is rising. It’s going to launch a breath attack.” Said Medea to me.

I could hear new music playing from above.

“Elizabeth, I need you to focus all your attack with Medea on Fafnir before he can attack. Then I want Mozart to nerf him while he’s stunned.” I shouted my orders.

“I’ll go right after Mozart finishes up.” Said Elizabeth.

“What? I’m not playing anything at the moment.” Mozart replied back, to both my and Eli’s confusion.

“What are you talking about? You’re the one playing that new hip music.” Said the Idol Dragon. “I didn’t know you played anything but boring old people songs.”

“What are you talking about? I’m not responsible for that violent rhythm. I thought it was you, as it seemed more like your thing.” The Maestro blinked in confusion.

“Gudako, everyone else, look up.” Medea’s voice was echoed to us by magic.

We looked up and saw where that music was coming from.

[​IMG]

“Is that a freaking spaceship? In medieval France!?” I shouted in incredulity, then I noticed something. “Wait, is that someone standing on top of the spaceship?”

“Falling from the~”

“....bbbbbiiiiggggg sssssiiiiIIIIISSSSS!!!” A turnip haired girl with a shield shouted.

My eye widened like saucers as I recognized the sound and then the person.

“MASH! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON A SPACESHIP!?”

=x=x=x=x=

A/N: Should I have shorter chapters for faster updates? Like would you like a 1K-ish word chapter everyday, or 10K every few weeks? Lastly would you rather the Orleans Singularity be finished in one extremely long chapter or 3 long chapters?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  26. Biigoh

Mysterious Heroine X?!?!?! Already?

27. Lady Vanatos

Lady Vanatos Cancer of Society

This is that good shit, fam.

28. roughstar333

roughstar333 "Exodia, snap . . ."- Thanos

THE HYPE IS REAL!!!

. . . anyway, you should update the story in parts. Which would help you maintain the interest of the readers, and not make them think the story is dead when is on progress

29. Mizu

Mizu Software Developer

same direction the dragon
    Jeanne...
    few short days.
    husbandos led to thinking
    grief, and here
    I asked about the
    Servants just means
    how the stage should be
    Phantasm's sound tower.
    However, Mozart suggested we just use the
    Dragon Girl, pouting
    enough to harm us, now she

Unless you did mean arm, due to her singing being literally deadly to enemies.
    used to working
    WE ACTUALLY GOT SOMEONE
    till now smiled. "It seems I will enjoy my time with you, Master."
    yell at that first, it should stun them to be to be laid down
    Luck rarely offers

should have trained like I told you," she said with a frown, or rather her face always seems to be that.
    Queen focused back on
    to not exhaust yourself
    to get to the waifu
    on one, attacked it and its friends, before jumping
    used the force to jump on another
    to stay manifested
    that I've had Medea
    They weren't aiding him, they
    I'll go right after
    Shouldn't the mana difference between 14th century France and the 21st century be pretty similar? Mana levels have dropped over time ever since the Age of Gods ended, sure, but I don't think you'd see a major difference till you went back over 1000 years. Septem would be noticable, for example, being from 0060 AD, while-
    *checks*
    Huh, it's only Septem and Babylon which're below 1000 AD, with Orleans being the next youngest after them. Guess your logic's fine after all.
    Personally I'd like 10k every three weeks or so, over brief 1k chapters. While chapter size shouldn't be what you're focusing on while writing, as it's more important to get to a good stopping point, I'd recommend at least 5k if you wanted to post weekly. 1k is just too small, and more like bite-sized chapters than something which can provide meaningful story progression from the prior one; also inflates the threadmarks like crazy.

As an aside, would you like my aid as a beta for writing this story Silver? I've noticed a number of spelling error while reading it thus far, and a second pair of eyes tends to be able to catch things the author skims over automatically because they expect X when it's actually spelt Y.

30. Malorius

Malorius Versed in the lewd.

Short chapters will be better, I think. Easier to edit, better to maintain pace, etc.

Faster updates don't hurt either.