1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
dogbertcarroll
Last Activity:
Mar 28, 2024 at 1:17 PM

dogbertcarroll

Random lurker, Male

dogbertcarroll was last seen:
Mar 28, 2024 at 1:17 PM
    1. Thrackerzod
      Thrackerzod
      1. Kruen likes this.
    2. Make Believe
      Make Believe
      Yo, I read your stuff on ff.net, but wasn't really comfortable leaving a "review" there. Nice to see you here!

Thanks for the years of stories!
    3. YiteWrite
      YiteWrite
      Love all of your work man, keep up the fantastic writing.
    4. Luke Dragneel
      Luke Dragneel
      Gotta say, its great seeing DIC-less SI update after so long. Having a Ranma story where Genma isn't entirely unredeemable(he will always be lazy and brutal when it comes to training) and where Nodoka actually has reason to love him is awesome. That the Sailor Scouts are crawling up the wall and Ranma's getting some hands-on training in being a teacher of martial arts from a master at it is likewise refreshing.
      1. Svn0one, Blasterbot, MattV and 4 others like this.
    5. Hidden One
      Hidden One
      Heya, lust leaving a lil FYI, ff is telling me the television story isnt for reading and your profile there desynched for me and doesnt show the latest update, so I was overjoyed you updated that one when I checked the latest updated crossovers and really kicked down when ff insisted that its not avaible for reading. Had the desynched profiles vs actual published content issue several times just this month.
      1. dogbertcarroll likes this.
      2. Hidden One
        Hidden One
        Update: 35 minutes later the story appears on the profile again and is now readable. Not sure how long it wasnt but bugs like that can't be good to get new readers when they see an updated story, click it and get an error.
        Jun 13, 2023
        dogbertcarroll likes this.
      3. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        Fanfiction.net has always been a little buggy but they eventually straighten things out.
        Jun 13, 2023
        Luke Dragneel and Hidden One like this.
      4. Hidden One
        Hidden One
        I thought they got rid of the people that do that or moved them to that new website I mostly ignored until now and cant remember the name of.. *shrug*
        Jun 13, 2023
    6. Hidden One
      Hidden One
      Nother poke, because groups is somehow not letting me log in to respond, stupid bug, just wanted to remind you that Gingold Soda is probably the first and easiest to aquire power up in DC, since its buyable and not on any watchlists.
      2. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        Yes, however unless you have the right genes all it does is keep your cartilage in excellent shape.
        May 1, 2023
        Hidden One likes this.
      3. Hidden One
        Hidden One
        Better then nothing and legaly avaible to buy soda is hard to beat if one needs even a tiny bit of an edge to start.
        May 1, 2023
    7. Hidden One
      Hidden One
      2. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        Just sitting around as you create a Jupiter made out of pudding makes for a boring story to read. Have them take flaws to cut down on the amount of time needed to produce that much pudding. Things like foes and tasks are perfect for that.
        Jan 22, 2023
        Rmajere, Luke Dragneel and Hidden One like this.
      3. Hidden One
        Hidden One
        Well, I did mention the 'visitors' as the ones at fault for the missing mass already. Maybe a DLC to pick a specific group will come to mind after pondering.
        Faults are more tricky since the training mentioned would take care of speed of creating things as well as size and complexity. Maybe not clear enough..
        Jan 22, 2023
    8. Hidden One
      Hidden One
      1. Hidden One
        Hidden One
        Had to crop the message to force it to fit, this was caused by re-reading Hero System. :)
        Jan 18, 2023
    9. Alucard964
      Alucard964
      Hey man been following you on fanfic.net for years and just found out you were on here. Any chance you might be posting any more of connections or are you just done with it for good?
      1. Thrackerzod and dogbertcarroll like this.
      2. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        I'm rarely done with anything, the problem is my muse is on crack and jumps from idea to idea like a cocked up squirrel.
        Jan 14, 2023
        Thrackerzod and Alucard964 like this.
    10. Akuma-Heika
      Akuma-Heika
      2. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        It's their personal artwork. Not sure where else they post.
        Oct 19, 2022
    11. Hidden One
      Hidden One
      Been re-reading your stuff again, and since I just went through Chaos and Redheads and saw the AN at the bottom again... I got to let you know that I agree. There are still very very few Tenchi crosses. Imagine sad puppy dog eyes here.
    12. Hidden One
      Hidden One
      Heya, I checked earlier if all your stories from FFnet are also on TtH and some seem not to be there yet. Since FFnet is appearently going titbirds up going by rumors about maintenance now being zero.. will you copy the rest over? :)
      2. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        I only post my Buffy fics on TTH and FF.Net is currently working on their stuff according to their Twitter account. I probably should start posting everything on AO3 at some point...
        Sep 29, 2022
        DamnUnicorn and Hidden One like this.
    13. SirDawg
      SirDawg
      I just realized a legend was here at QQ. I still re-read your A MODern Man fic from time to time. I’ll be following your career with great interest.
      1. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        Thanks! I don't post a lot here, mostly just the odd omake for fics I like.
        May 31, 2022
    14. Atlanrom
      Atlanrom
      Just realized you are here. Glad to see you liked my work. It is an honour. Your works on FF made me start with amateur writing and now I am working part time as an Editor!
      1. Marethyu, SirDawg and dogbertcarroll like this.
      2. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        Excellent, I am reading and laughing along with one of your fics right now. You have one hell of a sense of humor.
        Mar 9, 2022
        Atlanrom likes this.
    15. Valdimarian
      Valdimarian
      Bit surprised you aren’t going full QQ with Warranty, especially given how Lisa and Maggie look to be joining Meg.
      2. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        That's a good point. I might post it after I finish writing it.
        Dec 22, 2021
        Hidden One and moon so bright like this.
    16. FTR2017
      FTR2017
      Saw your Warranty snippets recommended at Cherico's story Winterhold and gave it a gander.

I never expected to see a wholesome Contractor in my life, but you surprised me with Meg's treatment! :D

I hope that you eventually give it a thread here for ease of tracking! :)
      1. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        Yeah, people usually either go full villain or act like they are forced into enslaving nubile young women and having sex with them through no fault of their own. Very few own up to their choices.
        Nov 23, 2021
      2. FTR2017
        FTR2017
        I checked your FFN account and found the newly published fic with a fifth chapter to boot! Thanks for the smile! :D
        Dec 5, 2021
        Thrackerzod and dogbertcarroll like this.
    17. KinKrow
      KinKrow
      "Typing by: Dogbertcarroll - AN: Yes, I typed it myself this time. Yay me!"

You did it!

Proud of you, bud.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. KinKrow
        KinKrow
        If they don't have to pay for Chris's contractual terms to be delivered, then there's no reason they wouldn't end his contract early.

They don't have to pay for the housing and the protagonist both gets a friend to help stabilize him.
        Nov 18, 2021
      3. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        You'll just have to wait and see, I am finishing up a chapter of With Sprinkles at the moment and then I plan on doing another chapter of Guys and Dolls. After that I plan on some more of Warranty.
        Nov 18, 2021
        Thrackerzod and KinKrow like this.
      4. KinKrow
        KinKrow
        I'm looking forward to it.
        Nov 19, 2021
    18. TheCenterAct
      TheCenterAct
      I follow you on FFnet, but I had no idea you were here too.

What are your thoughts on Xander abuse? (overuse of an item e.i. substance abuse)
      1. KinKrow likes this.
      2. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        I prefer writing light hearted stories, I avoid angst.
        Oct 21, 2021
      3. TheCenterAct
        TheCenterAct
        No, not abuse as in beatings, abuse as in overuse. I'm talking about the concept of Xander as an MC being so saturated in the majority of BtVS fics.
        What is your opinion on it? Is it good or bad? Does the abundance make it cliche and cringe?
        Oct 21, 2021
        KinKrow likes this.
      4. Evilhippy
        Evilhippy
        Considering who he usually has as a MC, I don't think he has an issue with it.
        Nov 7, 2021
        zlazar, Marethyu, Valdimarian and 4 others like this.
    19. KinKrow
      KinKrow
      "I can't feel my heartbeat," she noted hopefully before stripping off her baggy sweater and too small bra and placing a hand over the left side of her chest. "My heart's in the right place!"

Lmaooo, I like that that got brought up. It was such a weird part of Meg's character her heart was always something I remembered.
    20. KinKrow
      KinKrow
      ">Our projected lifespan is only one hundred and eighty years on average," Linda said
      I'm pretty sure you're low-lying the life expectancy of Synths, my guy.

Keep in mind that Kellogg is 108 years old and he looks like any other middle aged adult. He's a baseline human that has been living in the Wasteland since, in addition to his Cybernetics not being as in depth or advanced as the stuff Synths are loaded up with.
      1. KinKrow
        KinKrow
        Also, when I say 'baseline human', that's a bit misleading because the average human in Fallout 4 are a fucking mess after two centuries of getting blasted with radiation.

Synth bodies are tough and loaded with the best Cybernetics in Fallout Earth; I wouldn't be shocked if they had lifespans in the centuries, maybe even past a thousand for Coursers (well, excepting operational hazards).
        Jun 14, 2021
    21. Hidden One
      Hidden One
      Thanks for updating With Sprinkles, its always nice to wake up and see one of your stories updated. :)
      1. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        Happens every week, sometimes multiple times in a week! Or at least I try and make sure that happens.
        May 15, 2021
      2. Hidden One
        Hidden One
        That may be why I actually check mutliple times a week. ;)
        May 15, 2021
        KinKrow, Evilhippy and dogbertcarroll like this.
    22. Evilhippy
      Evilhippy
      I love With Sprinkles, Naruto doing his impossible princess stuff is so funny.
    23. Hidden One
      Hidden One
      I had another one of those Xander ideas I am better of handing over. Remember Xanders troubles with soda machines? Just before Episode 1 he tries to get a drink but ends up with the Essence of the Chad in a can instead. Probably works with all other Essences but Chad!Xander may be amusing.
      1. KinKrow and Evilhippy like this.
      2. Evilhippy
        Evilhippy
        I have a hard time imagining Chad!Xander.

Badass!Xander.
        Suicidal!Xander.
        Horny!Xander.

All these yes but Chad!Xander is just hard to imagine.
        Apr 14, 2021
      3. Hidden One
        Hidden One
        Just imagine, Xander actually knowing how to talk to women and actually beeing able and willing to get both Joyce and Jenna.
        Apr 14, 2021
        KinKrow, dogbertcarroll and Evilhippy like this.
      4. KinKrow
        KinKrow
        It's just Xander stripping off his shirt after a hard workout.

Put the shirt back on and it fades away.
        Nov 18, 2021
        dogbertcarroll and Evilhippy like this.
    24. KinKrow
      KinKrow
      Oh my God, you made the ring/lantern monstrosity.

Are you sure your story shouldn't be titled 'With These Rings'?
      1. Evilhippy likes this.
      2. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        Yep, you seem to have missed the joke.
        Mar 23, 2021
        Evilhippy and KinKrow like this.
      3. KinKrow
        KinKrow
        Ahhhh, dammit.
        Mar 23, 2021
        Evilhippy and dogbertcarroll like this.
    25. KinKrow
      KinKrow
      "We don't repeat humanity's mistakes!"

"We make entirely new ones!"

These synth women have some Pinky and Brain vibes going on, lol
      1. Evilhippy and dogbertcarroll like this.
    26. KinKrow
      KinKrow
      "Don't interact with your former self and a lesbian orgy composed of one witch will cause a paradox unless they are properly blindfolded?"

God, what was that from?
      1. macdjord, shakeval and dogbertcarroll like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Mihari
        Mihari
        It actually is one on fanfiction.net, not one for all audiences but not bad.
        Jan 15, 2021
        dogbertcarroll, macdjord and KinKrow like this.
      4. macdjord
        Mar 16, 2021
        dogbertcarroll and KinKrow like this.
      5. Mihari
    27. Hidden One
      Hidden One
      Elite Beat Agents is one of the more obscure DS rythem games, the jump document for it and the cnaon lore are weird but fun. The devs took inspiration from Bluesx Brothers, Ghostbusters and MIB to remake the japanese game which was based on male cheer squads.
      2. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        They have good taste if nothing else.
        Nov 30, 2020
    28. Hidden One
      Hidden One
      I hav en't seen a James Bond one yet. Elite Beat agents kind of wrap probability and reality by cheering, dancing and singing. Cordy would likely be shocked by the dancing skills alone. :)
      2. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        Never even heard of that setup. Closest I can think of is MJ in Moonwalker, which I have used.
        Nov 29, 2020
    29. Hidden One
      Hidden One
      Got jumped by a plotbunny that wanted to meet you. Xander loses a bet and gets forced to wear a generic alphabet soup agent costume for halloween. Xander decides that he is actually THE best elite beat agent that ever was and will be.
      2. dogbertcarroll
        dogbertcarroll
        I've seen him dressed as a secret agent before, there are some pretty lengthy James Bond ones.
        Nov 28, 2020
        Hidden One likes this.
    30. Hidden One
      Hidden One
      Had to split the message since QQ insists on 420 signs or less. :) The idea below happened while re-reading some of your stuff and shooting ideas with someone. Enjoy ~
  • About