1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Interest Check & Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Q&R Index' started by Vanathor, Feb 19, 2013.

1. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

[X] Masterpiece

Champions beat Mook armies every time. Let's megaman this shit up.

2. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Mechanical Self augmentation

3. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

[X] Armies of mechanical men

Mmm, the Wily option

4. Moronis

Moronis Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Masterpiece

5. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

[X] Mechanical Armies

I'll learn from this disaaaster...

I'll build more Robot Maaaasters~

6. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Undead roaming ever consuming.

7. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

+1 for Chibiplan

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  8. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Magical Knights and Girls. Beings made through a Contract with the enigmatic Incubator, known as Kyubey.

The Contractee makes a wish to the Contracter, and becomes a Magical. Through their Soul Gems, they fought against their counterparts, borne from Despair and Curses. The Witches and the Lichs.

In normal circumstances, such a wish will feed you despair, until you finally succumb to it, and become the very thing you fight against.
    However, this is not a normal circumstance.
    After all, you have been selected by a Bored Random Omnipotent Being, a BROB, to give himheritthem amusement.
    As such, they empowered your own Wish with their not so inconsiderable power, and slightly helped the Incubators' entropy prevention system.
    Be warned though, you are now living in interesting times.

So, then. Tell me about yourself, boy:

Your name is:
    [X] Write-in:

Before you became a Magical Knight, you were:
    [X] The Model Student. You were the best in academics and sports team, winning many trophies and medals for the school. However, you were quite lonely on the inside, as your friends were only interestty and good looks, for your fan clubs.
    Intelligence +4, Dexterity +2, Strength +2, Vitality +2
    [X] The Delinquent. You weren't exactly what others would call a role model, when you were the kind of person who picked fights with others if they ever looked at you funny. Still, you kept the neighborhood clean from the more unsavory elements...
    Strength +4, Vitality +2, Dexterity +2, Wisdom +2
    [X] The Playboy. Your rich family background had allowed you to have the best tuition possible, both for your physical workouts and academic qualities. However, you preferred to hold lavish parties in your mostly empty mansion, your parents too busy with work. Due to that, you knew more things about the anatomies of both genders that those your age shouldn't have known...yet.
    Dexterity +4, Wisdom +2, Luck +2, Vitality +2
    [X] Write-in Bonus on GM's whims, though players can suggest what could be improved.

When you contracted, what did you pick as your weapon and outfit?
    [X] You are The Knight, even if you don't look like the stereotypical bulky plate armor wearing person riding on a horse. Though, the part where you have a sword and shield held true. When testing your armament, you found out that your shield can fold into a scabbard, while your sword can unfold into a chain whip. There may be other forms to try out, if what Kyubey said was correct.
    Strength +6, Vitality +6, Dexterity +3
    [X] You are The Assassin, with the typical clothing suitable for stealth, both for hiding in plain sight and infiltration. You found out that you could summon various types of weapons suitable for multi-ranged combat, infiltration and escape purposes, as well as invisibility.
    Dexterity +6, Wisdom +6, Intelligence +3
    [X] You are The Sorcerer, with all that comes with it. Wielding the formidable powers of White, Black, Blue and other forms of magicks with your weapon, you can unleash mighty devastation upon your foes. You are no slouch in close combat, either, as your channeling medium is an enchanted rapier, its glyphs allowing you to fight far better than a stereotypical magician could do.
    Intelligence +6, Wisdom +6, Luck +3
    [X] You are The Brawler, equipped with nothing but your gauntlets and minimal clothing. Among the four classes, you are the swiftest and the deadliest, your gauntlets raining destruction upon your foes, either with blows that can shatter a bus with ease or blasts of Chi that disintegrate speeding cars.
    Dexterity +6, Strength +3, Vitality +3
    [X] Write-in
    Same as write in for background.

Character sheet:

Name:

Class: <The Gamer>

Level: 2 (Basic)

Corruption: 0/1000

Health (Basic): 50 + (Vitality*10), 2 Health/turn during combat per 5 Vitality.

Mana: 25 + (Intelligence*5), 2 Mana/turn during combat per 5 Intelligence.

Titles:
    • Magical Knight - Adds 10 levels to your base level, as well as granting the perk <Magical Knight>. Cannot be removed.

Stats (Basic):
    • Strength - 5
    • Dexterity - 5
    • Vitality - 5
    • Intelligence - 5
    • Wisdom - 5
    • Luck - 5

Perks (Passive abilities):
    • Magical Knight (Mastered) - Always leaves the gamer with 1HP unless Soul Gem is shattered or completely turns black.
    • Gamer's Body (Mastered) - Allows the gamer to live as though his body was that of a game character's.
    • Gamer's Mind (Mastered) - Allows the gamer to maintain a calm and analytical mindset no matter what, as though he was participating in a game.

Skills (Active abilities):
    • Magical Knight : Transform [Active] - You transform into your Magical Knight outfit, increasing your stats based on your chosen template. Does not cost Corruption nor drains MP.

Researching new skills requires 5% SG, except if you fulfill the prerequisites beforehand or get a skill book. If you haven't meet the prerequisites, you can meet it through spending Corruption points to give you Stat points for 5/1000 Corruption per stat needed.
    When votes are tallied up, voting is closed.
    Major canon events will still happen regardless but you can change its course.
    Storyline? What storyline? This is a quest, for fucks’ sake!
    Trolling and flaming is not appreciated. At all.
    Derived Magic works wonders in tandem with the Soul Gem powers due to ROB intervention.
    Wish is for his life to be an RPG...and his high magical potential made him somewhat OP. (okay, VERY OP, but not Madokami or Homurun OP)
    People die when they’re killed.
    Puella and Puellus die when their Soul Gems are shattered or they Witched/Liched out.
    I, as the GM/co-GM, expect munchkin shenanigans...but I also expect you to ask for confirmation. As in quoting me.
    Any other questions? I need some testers and brainstormers.
    Inventory hammerspace is a thing.
    If HP and MP reaches 0, you will respawn at the last save spot for the cost of 250 Corruption until you Lich out.
    Getting hit in a fatal spot where the rate of damage is more than the rate of regeneration will automatically cause you to have 50/1000 Corruption.
    Save points are at Home, outside the Barrier and in the corridor before you face the Witch/Lich in question.
    When standing on the save point, time is paused indefinitely.
    There may be hidden things in the game, in which you'll get some bonus upon acquiring them. What they are are subject to GM's whims.
    Item World is a thing, but raising the power of the intended item will be difficult and can only be done once per day.​

9. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

[X] Ramza Beoulve

[X] The Model Student. You were the best in academics and sports team, winning many trophies and medals for the school. However, you were quite lonely on the inside, as your friends were only interestty and good looks, for your fan clubs.

[X] You are The Knight, even if you don't look like the stereotypical bulky plate armor wearing person riding on a horse. Though, the part where you have a sword and shield held true. When testing your armament, you found out that your shield can fold into a scabbard, while your sword can unfold into a chain whip. There may be other forms to try out, if what Kyubey said was correct.

10. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X] Ryoga Hibiki

[X] The Delinquent. You weren't exactly what others would call a role model, when you were the kind of person who picked fights with others if they ever looked at you funny. Still, you kept the neighborhood clean from the more unsavory elements...
    Strength +4, Vitality +2, Dexterity +2, Wisdom +2

[X] You are The Brawler, equipped with nothing but your gauntlets and minimal clothing. Among the four classes, you are the swiftest and the deadliest, your gauntlets raining destruction upon your foes, either with blows that can shatter a bus with ease or blasts of Chi that disintegrate speeding cars.
    Dexterity +6, Strength +3, Vitality +3

11. Dark Lord Bob

Dark Lord Bob Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Light Yagami

[X] You are The Sorcerer, with all that comes with it. Wielding the formidable powers of White, Black, Blue and other forms of magicks with your weapon, you can unleash mighty devastation upon your foes. You are no slouch in close combat, either, as your channeling medium is an enchanted rapier, its glyphs allowing you to fight far better than a stereotypical magician could do.
    Intelligence +6, Wisdom +6, Luck +3

12. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

[X] Ramza Beoulve

[X] The Playboy. Your rich family background had allowed you to have the best tuition possible, both for your physical workouts and academic qualities. However, you preferred to hold lavish parties in your mostly empty mansion, your parents too busy with work. Due to that, you knew more things about the anatomies of both genders that those your age shouldn't have known...yet.
    Dexterity +4, Wisdom +2, Luck +2, Vitality +2

Strength +6, Vitality +6, Dexterity +3
    [X] You are The Assassin, with the typical clothing suitable for stealth, both for hiding in plain sight and infiltration. You found out that you could summon various types of weapons suitable for multi-ranged combat, infiltration and escape purposes, as well as invisibility.

13. Ct613hulu

Ct613hulu Experienced.

[X] Ramza Beoulve

14. Happerry

:Eyes the character classes, detects some similarities with RWBY.. realizes that this is a good thing and gives idea a +1:

15. Malcolmo

[X] Riccardo Battaglia
    Dexterity +6, Wisdom +6, Intelligence +3

16. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

I am going to be making a Civ Quest set in Gotham during No Man's Land. And I'm looking for someone to give me a second opinion on the mechanics and set up I have so far.

17. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

That's the one where the government closed off Gotham from the rest of the world and the villains went warlord nuts, right?

18. Happerry

Sounds fun to me.

19. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

I do need help to figure out the numbers for the different groups. Any volunteers?

20. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

I'll take a look.

21. shaderic

shaderic An ordinary cat?

Every week feels a lot like the last.

This isn't really what I'd call a bad thing. I like routine.

Sleep the day away, work all night. Call the folks on Saturday morning before bed, and then play games and surf the web in free time.

About the only complaint I have is... Well, I wouldn't say I'm lonely. But between my schedule and hobbies, I just don't get out much. Most of the people I'd call friends that interact with on a day to day basis are also the people I work with every night. And they're good folks, but you can't go spending every waking moment with them.

But it's not like I'm the kind of guy who'd enjoy going to a club either, you know?

I've been to three different clubs, usually at the behest of a friend from work, and I pretty much hated all of them. Oh, the girls were pretty and the music wasn't bad. The issue was the girls were also usually boring, the music set a dozen levels too loud, and the drinks were too god damned much.

Not that that I'm really all that educated about liquor, but seven dollars a glass? And that was just for a rum and coke.

Any ways, the point is I don't usually get out much. I don't hang out with a lot of people, and I don't go out of my way to meet new people.

But for some reason, I'm here.

Three doors over from my room, there's a very lovely lady. Sure, she's pretty and all that, but that's not why I'm standing here chewing my lip with my laptop in my bag.

I'm here because she has tails.

Four big, fluffy tails.

As far as I can tell, in the handful of times we've interacted, nobody else seems to notice them. Or at least if they do notice, the don't say anything, their eyebrows don't even twitch, and they keep their eyes locked on her... eyes. Yes.

So.

I stand here on my day off(well, evening off to be accurate), kind of wondering about the best way to ask a potentially dangerous supernatural creature if she is, in fact, a supernatural creature. Or, I'm about to come across as insane.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time that's happened at least.

Should I knock or... ?

[ ] Knock. Time to take the plunge.
    [ ] Go get food. Weird shit or not, you're hungry. She'll be here when you get back.
    [ ] Go cyber stalk her. Not that that'll come across as the action of mentally healthy individual.
    [ ] On second thought, you really don't want to deal with this. So long as she doesn't make trouble, what business of it is yours?

22. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X] Knock. Time to take the plunge.

23. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Oh, this sounds interesting.

24. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

25. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

- - [X] She asks you about your twin cat tails!

26. Malcolmo

27. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] Just saying "You know you've got tails right? Right?" is probably a bad idea.
    -->[X] Casually brushing against them as you walk by is totally cool, though.

Touch fluffy tail, motherfucker.

28. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

[X] Just saying "You know you've got tails right? Right?" is probably a bad idea.
    -->[X] Casually brushing against them as you walk by is totally cool, though.

29. Talos

Talos Know what you're doing yet?

Here is an idea that I have been sitting on for a while. I meant to eventually post this on Sb but with the lag there, I am unsure when I will get around to it. In addition, I am not sure how much support it would actually have so I will outline the idea here and you guys can tell me if you think it would work out. In an unusual move for me, it isn't a crossover.

Green Lanter, Razor Quest.

This game takes place directly after the end of Green Lantern the Animated series, you would play as Razor, repentent Red Lantern and now one of the saviours of the universe. Unfortunately, the universe was only in danger in the first place because of you. Aya, the Green-Lantern AI developed emotions and feelings of her own. She constructed a body for herself and joined you in your then-mission. During the course of your adventures, you began to feel for her and she or you...

But she was a machine. Incapable of love, or so you told yourself. When you voiced this at the wrong time, she actually did turn off her emotions and ended up building an army of Manhunters who intended to wipe out all life in the universe. Desperate to atone for your mistake, you pleaded with her, cried out for her to return to you. Too late now, you admitted your feelings when she no longer had any. An ironic twist, as your worst fear had come true.

Eventually, you broke through to her but not before her army had grown beyond her control. In a last ditch effort to turn back from her path, she activated a failsafe to destroy any machine with a copy of her programming. The army was wiped out, but so was she.

Now, for the second time you have lost the love of your life. Your Ring whispers to you of rage, of vengeance against the Guardians who created her in this way. Who sealed away her emotions, and told her that she had none. Once, rage burned brightly in your heart. As a Red Lantern, you knew it well...

But now, there is no room for rage.

There is no logical reason to believe this, there is no proof and Aya even said she would destroy herself as an effect of the final salvation of the universe, but you believe with all your heart that she is still out there somewhere. Waiting. Perhaps the others had forgotten what happened, but you knew that it was your actions which drove Aya to such a fate. Even if you did not love her, you could not abandon her now.

So now you search the vast universe for a single being. With the help of your allies in the Green Lantern Corp -- Hal Jordan, Kilowog, as well as the help of others you met on your quest like Saint Walker, the first Blue Lantern, you hope to find Aya and restore her to the way that she should be.

30. Cruentus

Cruentus Getting sticky.

This is a story about a mage. Who loved and lost and never truly recovered. You battled incredible odds and won, more or less, but the cost was too great and you, and others, paid the price for doing the right thing. Still all stories start somewhere and a new one is beginning. But first where are you?

[] A small tropical world where you laze away in early retirement. A bit boring but the works decent.

[] A fairly comfortable prison cell where you’ve been for years. The memories are still painful.

[] An inscrutable fortress tower on a world of mages. You don’t sleep much.

Bit short, but I couldn't make up my mind where the starting point should be.