1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. SETIFAN

SETIFAN I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Aw shit, did you get your trainee-goon/stylist (you're STILL loving the loud look) suckerpunched there? That's the sort of stuff that might make him not share his next big idea on how to be the center of attention - can't have that.
    -[X] Go wake Naruto back up for class, apologize... and then you're pretty sure that bell was the class bell, wasn't it? Time to go sleep and mull your inspiration over.

2. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

[X] Aw shit, did you get your trainee-goon/stylist (you're STILL loving the loud look) suckerpunched there? That's the sort of stuff that might make him not share his next big idea on how to be the center of attention - can't have that.
    -[X] Go wake Naruto back up for class, apologize... and then you're pretty sure that bell was the class bell, wasn't it? Time to go sleep and mull your inspiration over.

3. DOOMPOTATO

DOOMPOTATO Not too sore, are you?

[X] Pick up a student and throw them at another student. "Riot!"

4. asdx

asdx Mouth Pussy

5. BangBangPewPew

BangBangPewPew Not too sore, are you?

6. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] "Oops." Shrug apologetically. Maybe you can talk this out?

7. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

I am curious what the RIOT voters think will happen, exactly - did you think that:
    1. The bell sound we just heard, while at school before class, is not a bell denoting class's start?
    2. That the students who have happily watched this happen without any hint they'd do anything will, now that MIO's chucking some of them, get involved?
    3. That instructors - who we've seen step in to prevent learning-contrary events at the academy before - will tolerate a significant fraction of students getting involved in a schoolyard brawl that could engender resentment against many future prospective fellow Leaf Nin?
    There are more than a couple reasons to assume that such a vote just plain won't work.

I mean, I applaud the MIO IC-ness of it; totally ignoring what you know about not-MIO entities in favor of what MIO expects/wants of them, disregarding environmental context (bell ringing at a school place right before classes are supposed to start, perhaps it's the class bell) and generally treating unnamed NPCs with all the ignoble 'respect' they deserve - but I'd like to think the quest has hammered home that MIO doesn't auto-succeed in her narcissistic delusions.

...Do you guys want a failed riot attempt that does nothing to smooth feathers and also has the best chance of any vote of actually resulting in school punishment (detracting from a gaggle of student's education rather than just one or two)? Because if you do that at least makes this a sensible vote. Barring that though - this seems like iteration #193 of Chibi-quest voters seeing a neatly phrased premade and just going 'that sounds cool' without any regard for how often Chibi's had 'that sounds fun' votes result in failure and tears. Fun to read failure and tears, to be sure, but still.

In a certain sense the RIOT votes make even less sense to me than the OOPS one - at least the OOPS one has the excuse of 'well sure MIO was just shown to be incapable of competent speech at the moment due to sleep deprivation, but riding the adrenaline high post-combat could dodge around that problem', as that's pretty well grounded in reality, even if MIO's very nature strikes me as antithetical to Hinata's own.

8. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

9. MinorGryph

MinorGryph Not too sore, are you?

10. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

MIO can't always usually pick the MIO-like route that leads to her benefit.

Valette-Serafina likes this.
  11. Splodge

Splodge Not too sore, are you?

By the same measure, I'm confused how you think Hinata is going to let Mio just wander on over and pick Naruto up. I'm pretty sure that:
    1. As you noted here, Mio isn't exactly in a state to communicate
    2. Naruto is out like a light - Hinata was aiming to put Mio under for her own good, after all
    3. Hinata is pissed the fuck off and is about to try a lot harder to beat Mio's ass into the floor
    I don't think any attempt at in-character de-escalation is going to pay off here.

mc2rpg and inverted_helix like this.
  12. The Nobody

The Nobody Why does this line say strange things? Gone for Good

13. HypoSoc

HypoSoc The mind is such a fragile plaything.

-[X] Go wake Naruto back up for class, apologize... and then you're pretty sure that bell was the class bell, wasn't it? Time to gosleep and mull your inspiration over.

14. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I have trouble remembering, but I think we actually kind of like Naruto in this one. Poor bitchcakes got caked by his bitch.

Splodge and Xicree like this.
  15. inverted_helix

inverted_helix Connoisseur.

Honestly the people voting for trying to wake Naruto up seem to be forgetting that Hinata is in HULK ANGRY mode now. She's not going to let us anywhere near Naruto. We're probably going to be a life or death battle inside the next 3 seconds.

The Nobody and Splodge like this.
  16. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

[x] That seemed to piss Hinata off more than anything else you've ever seen. Time to experiment. Pull the replacement with Naruto again.

Adyen and mc2rpg like this.
  17. Selias

Selias Well worn.

I think that it's the most interesting option, it has the best chance of defeating the write-in, from what I can see, which I dislike, and that I don't want to be vote-shamed.

mc2rpg likes this.
  18. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Well, I certainly think what's NOT going to happen is Hinata "accidentally" crippling us for causing her to attack Naruto.

As for all other consequences, I'm sure there's going to be a lot.

19. SolipsistSerpent

SolipsistSerpent Endlessly Devouring

Or the real world effects of decreased coordination, decreased focus, impairment of judgement, etc, could be preventing her from actually doing anything with the technique. Remember the point wasn't just to vent Chakra, it was to use the chakra to create an illusion. And she's made no progress on that end of things, possibly due to being so horribly sleep deprived. Or rather, had made no progress when I made the comment. She's now made a breakthrough, though I don't know if it's going to help her with genjutsu, it's certainly interesting and will probably lead to something new.

20. False Xteeler

False Xteeler "Hahaha ♪"

21. Splodge

22. Briareus the Gardener

Briareus the Gardener I trust you know where the happy button is?

23. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

24. Nanimani

Nanimani Listening to music

25. Koled

Koled Versed in the lewd.

Since trying to diplomaticaly slur our way out doesnt seem to have much traction and startign a riot is not something I wanna do just yet I'm jumping to bob's boat.

26. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

27. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

This is the most MIO of responses.

28. Ψυχή

Ψυχή A flap of my wings....!

So glad to have been introduced to this, though unfortunately delayed on my own account

29. Splodge

Sigh.

We are totally about to get our shit kicked in.

inverted_helix, Winged One and mc2rpg like this.
  30. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

Mio makes Hinata hurt Naruto. Players vote to stop paying attention to Hinata.

Good thing the instructors are there to keep us alive.