1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Interest Check & Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Q&R Index' started by Vanathor, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X] An inscrutable fortress tower on a world of mages. You don’t sleep much.

2. Cruentus

Cruentus Getting sticky.

I should also state that the choices are also easy, medium, and hard. I think it's fairly obvious which is which.

3. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

So on SB I run a superman quest. Due to lag I am considering moving it here. Only thing giving me pause is that this board is much more villainous than SB.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Eh, why not restarting the stuff, then?

5. Murderhobo of Lasombra

Murderhobo of Lasombra Or, Murderhobo of Nod

SB has always been villainous - To characters it doesn't like.

But how about a big neon sign that says "GOOD GUY QUEST?" Or add-in rules that lol nope such hairy situations - MC must behave like a decent human being would, and such?

6. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

QQ is more lewd and shameless. Not more villainous. :3

7. Xicree

Nay this board is simply more likely to play a villain as a villain. But if the MC is supposed to be a hero and play within certain rules then that's the direction we'll go. It's pretty much that simple.

8. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

Your eyes scan the office before falling on the steel desk in the center of the room. With a sigh you let your legs carry you to the chair behind it and settle down, the steel and plastic creaking under your weight. Careful not to touch the metal with exposed skin you reach over and activate the terminal resting on the left side of the desk. To your surprise a video begins playing.
    “Welcome to Mars, Marine. High command likes to use this outpost for whoever they want to get rid of which looks to be you. Now I don’t know what your sin is but I would suggest you get settled in and try to make the place seem like home since you’re stuck here for the foreseeable future. I left some files on this terminal to help you out and there’s a few crates left in the store room you should find handy. Good luck Marine.”

What was your Sin?
    [ ] There was a protest going on in front of the base and your platoon’s CO ordered you to fire on the crowd. He was still eating through a feeding tube when your ship left Earth.
    -pro: the media and the common man (especially the ones handling supply shipments back Mars city, they had family in that crowd) like you.
    -con: High Command and a Senator (the father of the officer) hate your guts.
    [ } you slept with a General’s twin daughters.
    -Pro: those daughters are both aides for members of UAC’s Board of Directors and they still like you.
    -Con: That general? He’s your boss now.
    [ ] three kegs of beer: 90 credits, four kilos of C4: 350 credits paid to the armorer, the car you blew up: 100,000 credits. The look on the owner’s face? Priceless.
    Pro: the average marine likes you.
    Con: the owner of the car was the leader of the biggest anti-military lobbyist group on earth.

there is more to each pick then i'm saying.

9. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

[X] you slept with a General’s twin daughters.

10. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

oh one more thing: the universe is Doom 3.

11. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] There was a protest going on in front of the base and your platoon’s CO ordered you to fire on the crowd. He was still eating through a feeding tube when your ship left Earth.

12. Xicree

13. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

Because I want some girls to share ourself with.

14. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

Their on earth, your on the most godforsaken outpost on mars. the thing was abadoned 10 years ago and you just turned the life support on 7 minutes ago and the air was rendered breathable 5 minutes ago. that's why your being so carful to not touch the metal of the desk.

your still trying to figure out why the place isn't filled with sand.

15. Aranfan

[x] There was a protest going on in front of the base and your platoon’s CO ordered you to fire on the crowd. He was still eating through a feeding tube when your ship left Earth.

Looks like DOOM quest, huh?

16. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

Doom 3 and your not doomguy. he gets shipped to mars in a year or two depending on some rolls about how long to get your outpost ready for the invasion, while not being to meta about it.

I'm gonna go double check my numbers on weapon damage.

17. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

Okay I think I've gotten enough interest (compared to my games on SB) making this into an actual game.

18. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Here's an idea that came out of Kirche Quest over in NSFW. I don't intend to follow through on this one -- I'm a reader, not a writer -- but depending on reactions, maybe someone else will pick it up instead. A few bits near the end are copy-pasted from Alexander's DxD quest to cut down on writing time.

The Tristainians like to make a big deal about the religious significance of the Springtime Familiar Summoning Ritual. To them it is a rite of passage in which a young mage touches ever so briefly upon the will of the Founder Brimir so that His Holiness may direct to them the partner most suited for their lives to come. Germanians, however, do not place the same reverence on the Founder. To them it is a rather different rite, one of passage from childhood into adulthood.

You would take issue, of course, with anyone who attempted to call you a child. Or rather you would if their words mattered enough to sway your actions at all. But it has been a long time since accusations of childishness or immaturity garnered a reaction from you, which is probably a better demonstration of your point than any argument you might care to articulate. You have been an adult in mind and body for some time now.

And yet even to you this ceremony has meaning. Not for the religious significance nor the passage of time and the crossing of some arbitrary boundary set by men and women centuries past; for you this is the day you announce yourself to the world.

You are Kirche Augusta Frederica von Anhalt Zerbst. You are The Ardent Flame, who takes what she will when she wills it and lives exactly how she pleases with no regard to the desires of others. Certainly not your parents, who cast you out of your home when your behavior scandalized their most noble peers, nor the trail of spurned lovers who looked for romance and commitment where you had only a brief sensual passion, a thing that came and went as sure as the wind.

You are these things – and yet you know you can be so much more. You have known this from the moment you first laid hands upon a wand, since you first held an instrument of power in your hands and felt the touch of your willpower you knew you were destined to be something magnificent. Power smoulders deep in your bones and explodes to life at your merest whim. Already you are one of the vaunted triangle mages, a step shy of the legendary squares, not one of whom has existed without leaving a mark on history – and for all this you are only sixteen, a babe who has barely entered the world. You are unmatched among your peers save for your dearest friend, and to count yourself a peer to the likes of her only reinforces your certainty of your own superiority.

And now is the time to prove it, as your professor calls you forward to take your turn in the summoning circle.

There is no nervousness in you as such; to be nervous one must think an outcome might be in doubt, and doubt is the furthest thing from your mind as you raise your wand and begin to incant the spell in swift, certain tones. Your power flares to life and you feed it into the great bonfire of the summoning ritual, crafting a beacon of your own willpower by which you might look out into the world and say “Here. I am waiting for you. Come to me.”

But it is no animal that answers your call; it is something else entirely.

You open your eyes to look upon an empty field where your familiar should be and for a moment you are somewhat nonplussed. Then all at once the sun grows brilliantly bright and you must shield your eyes even though it is mid-morning and the sun is behind you--

It is a mighty thing indeed to reach across the vastness of time and space, child.

The light of the sun coalesces. It draws into itself, folding and molding into the shape of a sphere. Faster than you thought possible the ball soars in the air higher and higher, until it halts above your head. You know, rationally, that it is far beyond the sky beyond any hope of reach but it fells so close, you could almost lay hands upon it... And the, from the Sun, He emerges.

For a moment He looks vaguely draconian, shimmering scales of the purest yellow gold. As he grows closer he starts looking more like a giant of a man, tall and broad-shouldered, far more magnificently handsome than any man you have ever met. In his four arms he holds a Spear, Shield, Branch and Horn. The god-being looks at you, into you, through you and so much more. You feel naked before his gaze

Daughter of Man, you have wrought a work of mighty magic. To reach across worlds a beg a summons of me is a feat worthy of great tales. But you are capable of feats greater still. I see within you tremendous conviction and great valor, qualities which are worthy of acknowledgement.

You find yourself nodding at the being's words, so great they are that you feel like they will burst out of your body if you let them.

In recognition of your great spirit I grant you a boon, Kirche of the Copper Spiders.

I am Ignis Divine, the Unconquered Sun, and you are now my Chosen. Go forth in my name, Lawgiver.

At once the light dies, and you are left standing in the field before the school. There is no familiar waiting for you, but you no longer expect there to be one. You have found something far more precious than any animal.

You are Kirche Augusta Frederica von Anhalt Zerbst. And you are a Twilight.

19. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

A Bleach story idea, may be a fanfic, may be a quest, which may be NSFW or not.

"The Lonely Strawberry and the Angry Princess" ​

Summary: There are many ways people deal with trauma. Some turn inward, becoming recluses and shells of their former selves. Others turn to anger, becoming violent and shielding themselves from the pain with outward extravagance. When Ichigo Kurosaki's mother and Inoue Orihime's brother died, their decisions onward will turn out to have extreme consequences.

More in-depth sypnosis:

Ichigo became a sorta deliquent. I mean, SERIOUSLY, he goes around fighting thugs and he DOES have a reputation as a thug in school. Meanwhile, Orihime's disgustingly chirpy at times.

With the idea?

Ichigo basically goes sorta-emo. A social recluse, obsessed only with his own family and the people who reach out to him and become his friends. Given a choice between a city and a single friend, he will choose the FRIEND all the time. THat's his single motivation, as compared to canon where he's at least socially acceptable, this one's creepy as fuck at times.

Piss him off though by hurting any of his friends? OH dear JESUS.

Meanwhile, Orihime sets upon the path of "become a badass so that no one can hurt you ever again". The fact that this involves being an overly violent tomboy is just the tip of the iceberg.

Now, funny thing here, when you have a guy who keeps to himself and is so creepy most people shiver looking into his eyes and a violent punch-happy tomboy, you expect the two to just ignore each other when you have an entire school to deal with.

Except Ichigo's STILL radiating spiritual pressure like a broken fire hydrant and the moment Orihime steps into a class he has, she suddenly squeaks in fear and starts becoming, of all things SHY and unable to speak up for some strange reason.

Basically, a predator suddenly finding itself in the presence of a much greater predator. Instinct yells at her to sit down and shut up or get eaten.

Except Orihime is now the kind of person who DOES NOT want to back down.

Spiritual pressure infusion makes her spiritually sensitive as in canon. Except WORSE. Her own soul TAKES IN the excess power and uses it to 'feed' and 'grow'.

Time passes, she somehow SURPASSES his pressure, and ONLY THEN can she start acting brash again, and her own personality has her soul trying to blanket everyone to assert superiority.

Ichigo's soul counteracts this, getting stronger to not be smothered, except as always, being Ichigo, it goes overboard and ends up doing exactly that to Orihime, who gets submissive when the scales shift.

Except that repeats the process. AD INFINITUM. For YEARS.

Which changes a LOT of things.

And by a LOT, I mean, HOLY SHIT, frequent hollow attacks to the point that Ishida has to step in.

Except Ichigo sees him kicking hollow ass and saves Ichigo from an attack and the guy decides to help because once Ishida explains that it's HIS stupid reiatsu that's making things so horrible, well, that means his SISTERS might become targets and what better way to learn how to kick ass than to have a hands-on experience?

Ichigo tends to be stupid sometimes even here, yeah.

So now you have an Ichigo somehow going around kicking hollow ass with Ishida as back-to-back badasses with his BEAR HANDS from sheer power.

Sado joins in sometime, and Orihime probably will when she finds out. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised of Tatsuki gets dragged into the business, too.

So the Karakura brigade? Set up early and MUCH stronger than canon, with greater bonds than before.

As expected, Orihime doesn't know what to do with the boy that either scares the fuck out of her or makes her bare her teeth in a challenge depending on the week.

I'm tempted to go Tsundere with this, for lolz, because a competent Orihime is actually desirable.

Anyways, by the time canon rolls in, don't be surprised to find Sado running around with El Directo and almost on the verge of getting to Privaron level.

Heck ORIHIME isn't getting Shun Shun Rikka, considering her emotions at the time of apotheosis aren't the same as before. Not healing, but something ENTIRELY different.

Ichigo gets the same powerset, except he doesn't dick around like shonen people. See an enemy? FULL POWER SLICE HIS HEAD OFF. he reacts to people MUCH differently this time around.

Things be bullshit with have in mind.

SO! What do you guys think?

EVA-Saiyajin likes this.
  20. ReinZero

ReinZero QQ voters, geniuses at opposing their own goals.

CrossyCross~

It seems quite solid and interesting, though, I'd admit that your take on things is usually quite nice... and the votes people do (if quest) would be... amusing. Heh.

21. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

CrossyCross doing a quest on qq
    I will be very interested in seeing what sort of boom will come out.

22. Aranfan

So I have too many quests on my plate already, but I was playing Pokémon White and this idea bit me, so I thought I'd put it out there.

Pokémon Prehistory Quest

You play as a primitive Neolithic tribe, with the basic Neolithic tool load out, in the world of Pokémon. The catch? You're a tribe of Pokémon, a tribe with a monotype (or Normal/Flying), and you need to carve out a niche in a world of Type politics? The Snivy tribe can't do shit to the Charmander tribe, but the Totodile tribe would complicate that dynamic immensely.

23. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

So, folks at /gsg/, in between praising and cursing Paradox, put forth an idea about prehistoric Grand Strategy Games. Apparently, there is going to be migration, tech based on available resources, and so on and so forth.

I feel that it would be better run as Quest, though, but well. I'm unsure. About the starting position, I mean. I don't want to start from Individual units, mostly because 1) There are quests about those already, and 2) I don't think I can write Individual interaction well. Also, the whole mechanic things. Hmm. Will have to mull this first.

24. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

Speaking of Pokemon, I have a little idea called Rocket Command. In short? Who wants to lead Team Rocket, the whole organization, from obscurity to the global superpower they are today?

Or I guess we could do another team or make one up if people want.

25. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

I'd rather focus on Cavern quest.

26. Aranfan

Pokemon Prehistory Quest

In the beginning there was the primordial chaos, which moved according to it's own peculiar laws. A timeless eternity passed and the movements of the aether eventually produced an Egg. From this Egg hatched Arceus, the first Pokemon and the first Normal Type.

For a time Arceus played innocently in the Cosmic Chaos, creating places of fancy and wonder alien to the current world, the path's to which may yet still be found. After a time however, Arceus grew bored and his mind turned towards the nature of the Chaos that was his home. Falling into meditation, Arceus eventually discerned the 18 types and forged Plates for each, so that he might experience what it meant to be those types directly.

Fortified by this knowledge, Arceus returned to his play. Many more realms where built, exemplifying each type alone and in combination. For an eternity Arceus was content. Eventually however, Arceus became again dissatisfied, for he was alone. Chaos had not thrown out another Egg like unto him.

So Arceus bent his powers and his mind to the task of creating companions, and a realm where he and his companions could exist together. Thus the second of the Gods and Goddesses were born. Emboldened by his success, and encouraged by his new companion, Arceus created many more Gods and Goddesses to accompany him, hundreds of them, at least one of each type and of each combination of types were created at Arceus' paws.

Arceus and the less Gods had many adventures together, and many of those stories have I told you and many more do I have yet to tell you, but they are for another time. Suffice to say that for many aeons Arceus was content and interested. Yet eventually he again grew bored even of this.

Arceus called together all his companions, and announced to them that he would soon slumber away the next few aeons so that he could see what might become of his creation without his direct influence. Before that however, he would grant each of his companions a boon, anything they desired that was within his power.

Many boons where granted, but are irrelevant to our origins. Only two boons concern us, Manaphy's and Mew's. Manaphy asked of Arceus that she be able to create companions of her own, on her own, and thus the Phione came to be. However, all Phione are physically the same, and the divinity of their creation breeds true, so Phione can only make more Phione. Mew, seeing this, was dissatisfied in the homogeneity of Manaphy's children, and she asked a similar but different boon.

Mew asked that she be able to make companions that varied from each other, and that they be able to make companions that varied from themselves and from others. Thus did Mew become Mother to Us All. So long has it been since that initial boon was granted, not all of Mew's descendents can breed directly with each other.

This is the creation story told by your tribe. Which tribe was that again?

[] Normal
    [] Flying
    [] Fighting
    [] Poison
    [] Ground
    [] Rock
    [] Bug
    [] Ghost
    [] Steel
    [] Fire
    [] Water
    [] Grass
    [] Electric
    [] Psychic
    [] Ice
    [] Dragon
    [] Dark
    [] Fairy

[] This is a terrible idea, make that Batman No Man's Land quest you were planning instead.

27. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] This is a terrible idea, make that Batman No Man's Land quest you were planning instead.

28. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

[X] Fairy

Wheee. Humans stand as a pretty shit-tier Normal type, I guess. Unless they tack on Fighting or Psychic later on. Nobody wants to evolve into a Ghost type, though.

29. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

[X] Dragon/Bug

30. Aranfan

What's a Human? No one in your tribe have heard of them.

Monotype only