1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Mar 3, 2013.

1. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

A moment of silence, everyone. :( Naya Goro, Zenigata-keibu's seiyuu, has passed.

Thank you, sir, for all you have done to unknowingly bring joy to my life in fiction. ;__ ;

Now go chase Yasuo-sama in the afterlife. ^_^; For old time's sake. And if you get a chance... show some of the denizens of hell why you don't mess with Tokyo Met. T_T7

Mary Mother of God, what am I going to do when Inoue Makio dies? It'll be Goemon and Captain Harlock getting taken away at once. .__.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

*solemn moment*

A great man died today.

[X] First, you should establish whether or not your dad actually is trying to marry you off to Sasuke. Go bug him!

3. thisisinsane

thisisinsane Not too sore, are you?

It's not about us being crooks, it's about us being crooks that don't respect him. A dirty cop will still arrest the fuck out of a criminal that fails to respect them given the opportunity. Not just doing all the crap we've been doing but telling him that we're doing it implies an utter lack of respect that I don't think he'll accept from a kid. Granted I've been wrong before.

4. FurikoMaru

*sigh* Calling it for dad. I'll try to make it fun; maybe listening to the bouncy rock cover of Zenigata March or the chic '60s lounge version will cheer me up.

5. FurikoMaru

Turns out I was late to find out; it happened on the 5th. :-[ Still sad.

6. Jiven

*pat pat* I understand. There, there.

7. FurikoMaru

[X] A Chat With Pops

Well, first thing's first. Going to your door, you call down the stairs, "Dad?"

"Sweetheart, come here if you want to talk."

"Are you trying to make me marry Sakkun?"

Almost immediately, there is a whoosh of displaced air; a drawing you did of Menka falls from where you taped it to the wall, one of your library books gets knocked off its stack, and Dad is in your room.

"You know Mom hates it when you shunshin in the house," you point out.

"No, I am not trying to make you marry Sasuke!" He looks horrified by the very notion.

"Hello, Sasuke," he adds as an afterthought.

"Hello, Inoichi-san," Sasuke says timidly.

"Where exactly did you get this idea?" Dad demands.

"Sakkun's dad thinks I'm trying to seduce him on your orders or something," you explain, rolling your eyes. "Do you know if there's anything I can say that will convince him I'm not trying to tempt Sasuke into becoming Mr Yamanaka?"

"Hey, that's not how it works!" Sasuke objects. "You'd become Mrs Uchiha."

"That's totally how it works," you declare smugly. "I'm the clan heir; I can't marry out, my spouse has to marry in."

"Now I'm definitely not marrying you," he says sullenly.

Dad, meanwhile, has taken a minute to breathe deeply and calm down. His smile is strained, but you're pretty sure that's because he's trying to hold in the impulse to storm over to the Uchiha Compound to switch bodies with Sasuke's dad and headdesk him into unconsciousness, so you smile back.

"Don't worry, sweetheart," he says, smoothing your hair out of your face. "I'll walk Sasuke home and have a long talk with Fugaku-san. Dad will straighten everything out, don't you worry."

"Are you gonna ask that he stop trying to use reverse psychology on me and Sasuke to make us hook up?" you ask eagerly.

His smile becomes much more genuine, and a little proud. "... I am now."

"Yay!" You hug him. "You're the best, dad."

Sasuke squawks in horror.

=

Dad gets home much more quickly than you would have expected.

"Well, I had a little fun with him," he says when you ask for details, "but in the end, when the dojutsu-interference argument failed to sway him, I had to reveal your dual-affinity to properly reinforce that it'd be bad for the clan's future to marry you to an Uchiha. We still don't know if Ranton is hereditary yet, after all, or what a Sharingan would do to the mix."

Roundabout bragging. A rather crude tactic, and not something your dad usually encourages, but apparently when dealing with a family of battle-nin the easiest way to make them understand a new idea is to drop an anvil on their heads.

You frown. "But what about the Yamanaka way? Couldn't you have just said we only marry for love and I'm not in love with Sasuke?"

"If I wanted to be laughed out of the compound, yes," he says bluntly.

"Mou," you say, pouting. "Lollypops have no sense of romance."

You could swear you hear dad mutter, "Thank heaven for that."

----------

So. How do you want to handle things with Chouji?

[X] Lupin Sansei Route: You're sad, but... if he wants to go his own way, you don't want to stop him. If he's decided he can't accept the kind of stuff you do, it wouldn't be fair to either of you to try to force an active relationship. You'll still always have his back, though. Ino-Shika-Cho.

[X] Lupin Issei Route: You want your brother back, damn it. :( He's a worrywart and he has that pesky moral fibre thing going on, but you miss him. Ino-Shika-Cho, yo. You can fake being an upstanding citizen until you're old enough to deploy your talents in the field, right? Right?

[X] Write-in

Free time? Pick two.

[X] The theatre books you take out of the library have all sorts of tips about mending garments and stuff; could be handy on missions. And one of them has sewing patterns for costumes and props and stuff in the back pages - that's just fun. Teach yourself to sew.

[X] Expand your sensing range.

[X] People-watch. See if you can imitate them convincingly on the smallest of personality-cues.

[X] No, seriously. Guns. Why are they so much better in your dreams? Fucking bullets, how do they work? (Yooooooog~ come out and plaaa~aay~)

[X] Dad says you can start practicing building memory palaces whenever you like.

And whose Ino-time do you wanna peek in on? Pick two.

[X] Menka

[X] Kiba

[X] Ami

[X] Neji

[X] Lee

[X] Sasuke - you're already training with him after school. This vote's only concerned with whether you wanna see Ino's continued attempts to bring Lollypop-kun to the Light Side of the Force (we don't have cookies, just lots of hot girls, diamonds and car chases).

[X] Hinata - you're already going for parkour runs with her in the morning and training with her and Sasuke after school. Again, this vote's only for extra hanging out fluff. Said fluff will probably happen regardless of whether you ask to see it.

... just out of curiosity, how old are you guys? Because, honestly... no one knows why I gave Sasuke the nickname Sakkun?

8. Jiven

Me sad. That Chouji choice.

[X] Lupin Sansei Route: You're sad, but... if he wants to go his own way, you don't want to stop him. If he's decided he can't accept the kind of stuff you do, it wouldn't be fair to either of you to try to force an active relationship. You'll still always have his back, though. Ino-Shika-Cho.

[X] The theatre books you take out of the library have all sorts of tips about mending garments and stuff; could be handy on missions. And one of them have sewing patterns for costumes and props and stuff in the back pages - that's just fun. Teach yourself to sew.

[X] People-watch. See if you can imitate them convincingly on the smallest of personality-cues.

[X] Menka

[X] Ami

9. FurikoMaru

Oh god, do yourself a favour and never watch Castle of Cagliostro.

Or read any of the Arsène Lupin novels.

You people don't know from feels

Ohohoho. I like this combination.

10. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

11. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] The theatre books you take out of the library have all sorts of tips about mending garments and stuff; could be handy on missions. And one of them have sewing patterns for costumes and props and stuff in the back pages - that's just fun. Teach yourself to sew.

[X] No, seriously. Guns. Why are they so much better in your dreams? Fucking bullets, how do they work? (Yooooooog~ come out and plaaa~aay~)

[X] Menka

[X] Kiba

12. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X] Lupin Issei Route: You want your brother back, damn it. :( He's a worrywart and he has that pesky moral fibre thing going on, but you miss him. Ino-Shika-Cho, yo. You can fake being an upstanding citizen until you're old enough to deploy your talents in the field, right? Right?

[X] Dad says you can start practicing building memory palaces whenever you like.

[X] Ami

[X] Sasuke - you're already training with him after school. This vote's only concerned with whether you wanna see Ino's continued attempts to bring Lollypop-kun to the Light Side of the Force (we don't have cookies, just lots of hot girls, diamonds and car chases).

13. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

[X] Menka
    [X] Kiba

14. Yog

Yog Know what you're doing yet?

--[x]People-listen. Listen to their chakras, and then try to imitate them, at least a bit. Hum the correct melody.

[X] No, seriously. Guns. Why are they so much better in your dreams? Fucking bullets, how do they work? (Yooooooog~ come out and plaaa~aay~) //I am here, I am here, and this continues to be very interesting. It's just that I'm dead tired 90% of the time and am panicking over things the rest. It's hard to write-in stuff where you need to think. So, this is science choice, right? Always liking it.

[X] Ami
    [X] Menka

15. Jiven

Well, I did watch it. And because I lost my dvd, I wasn't able to watch again, and again, and again.

I can't say I did.

16. FurikoMaru

What? But... you're French, aren't you? They're written in your native language! You didn't even have to take eleven years of French classes to be able to read them.

(Incidentally, the English translations are a decent source of unintentional comedy. Ganimard actually curses "Name of a name!" at one point. And no one can decide if they want to be called Monsieur Master or Mister.)

17. Jiven

I was too busy reading English novels in the original language. ^^") Eight years of English classes for being able to read Terry Pratchett.

But you know what ? I think I will pick some Arsène Lupin next time I go to the library.

18. Felius

Felius Experienced.

[X] Hymn's wall of text.

That said, he is a politician. A ninja politician, but a politician nonetheless. Bullshitting and double-speaking means we are going to be fighting him on his grounds. :p

19. FurikoMaru

*brofist* Language nerd respect, man. My family used to be franco-ontarienne (and Québecoise before that, and I think we were from Bayeux before that), but my Anglophone great-grandma didn't like my great-grandpa speaking French around the kids, so now I'm the only bilingual member of my immediate family left.

>.>;

... *guilts self into getting around to finishing the unabridged Comte de Monte-Cristo*

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Yes! Soon all will know of Issei-sama's glory! :))

Little late, dude.

20. kedgisgo

kedgisgo Semi-Professional Lurker

Methinks Inoichi had a bit too much fun in that conversation...

Though a thought did occur to me. Most of the clans mentioned follow some form of eugenics program; Uchiha marry for power, Akimichi for those able to handle their style etc...

But the Yamanaka marry for love. And still keep up with the other clans.

The clan of Psychics marry for Love; one of the most powerful positive emotions.

This sounds like a viable eugenics program to me.

===

[?] For the Chouji Decision... I have no idea, I'm not as familiar with Lupin as I should be... but we need to figure out exactly why he is upset with us, yes he doesn't like us stealing, but Why? Stealing is a very ninja thing to do; its literally in the job description: stealing information, treasure, resources, territory, lives. It's pretty much the ninja day-job. Maybe its the fact we're stealing from konoha civilians?

[X] The theatre books you take out of the library have all sorts of tips about mending garments and stuff; could be handy on missions. And one of them has sewing patterns for costumes and props and stuff in the back pages - that's just fun. Teach yourself to sew. ===We can make faces, now we can make clothes, the chakra-less henge is nearly complete.
    [X] Dad says you can start practicing building memory palaces whenever you like. === This is just too damn useful/OP for words.

[X] Lee === Lee needs some love here, we managed to get to him a little bit, but we need to bring him over to the dar- Fun Side completly...
    [X] Kiba === Plan Vitriolic Best Buds is GOOO!!!

21. Jiven

*brofist* Absolutely French here, but my big brothers corrupted me with their old RPGs (in English! Four years old me wasn't able to understand what they were doing and at such was quite irate) and then my father with his crappy SF from the fifties (his personal library is BIG! Crappy SF everywhere!), and then I got interested into reading Marion-Zimmer Bradley and... and then I was lost to the world.

Someday, I will read every Rougon-Macquart ever written. It's my ambition since high school. It's a matter of pride.

:3

22. FurikoMaru

So. How do you want to handle things with Chouji?

[3] Lupin Sansei Route: You're sad, but... if he wants to go his own way, you don't want to stop him. If he's decided he can't accept the kind of stuff you do, it wouldn't be fair to either of you to try to force an active relationship. You'll still always have his back, though. Ino-Shika-Cho.

[2] Lupin Issei Route: You want your brother back, damn it. He's a worrywart and he has that pesky moral fibre thing going on, but you miss him. Ino-Shika-Cho, yo. You can fake being an upstanding citizen until you're old enough to deploy your talents in the field, right? Right?

[X] Write-in

Free time? Pick two.

[3] The theatre books you take out of the library have all sorts of tips about mending garments and stuff; could be handy on missions. And one of them has sewing patterns for costumes and props and stuff in the back pages - that's just fun. Teach yourself to sew.

[1] Expand your sensing range.

[3] People-watch. See if you can imitate them convincingly on the smallest of personality-cues.

[2] No, seriously. Guns. Why are they so much better in your dreams? Fucking bullets, how do they work? (Yooooooog~ come out and plaaa~aay~)

[3] Dad says you can start practicing building memory palaces whenever you like.

And whose Ino-time do you wanna peek in on? Pick two.

[4] Menka

[3] Kiba

[3] Ami

[Nun] Neji

[1] Lee

[1] Sasuke - you're already training with him after school. This vote's only concerned with whether you wanna see Ino's continued attempts to bring Lollypop-kun to the Light Side of the Force (we don't have cookies, just lots of hot girls, diamonds and car chases).

[Rei] Hinata - you're already going for parkour runs with her in the morning and training with her and Sasuke after school. Again, this vote's only for extra hanging out fluff. Said fluff will probably happen regardless of whether you ask to see it.

23. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

[X] Lupin Issei Route: You want your brother back, damn it. He's a worrywart and he has that pesky moral fibre thing going on, but you miss him. Ino-Shika-Cho, yo. You can fake being an upstanding citizen until you're old enough to deploy your talents in the field, right? Right?

[X] The theatre books you take out of the library have all sorts of tips about mending garments and stuff; could be handy on missions. And one of them has sewing patterns for costumes and props and stuff in the back pages - that's just fun. Teach yourself to sew.

[X] Menka

[X] Kiba

24. FurikoMaru

Fair warning, the Issei Route is Hard Mode.

25. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] Lupin Sansei

[X] People-watch.
    [X] No, seriously. Guns.

[X] Menka
    [X] Ami

26. FurikoMaru

Oooh, a Kiba/Ami tie. That's a nice change of pace.

27. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

[X] Middle Road: Just don’t include him in the theft thing. You still hang out with people all the time when theft isn’t the end goal. Fewer thefts, but more exciting – and potentially valuable - heists.
    [X] Sewing!
    [X] Ready for the stage (sign up for stagework in one of those low-brow comedy shows you love so much)
    Failing this, perhaps we can put on a puppet show (definitely not as an excuse to get people all paying attention to something else in a crowd)

[X] Kiba
    [X] Menka

28. FurikoMaru

... ah. That might be problematic. See, Chouji hasn't been talking to you since the heist, and that was a week and a half ago. When you go over to Shikamaru's place, he's somehow conveniently never there. And that's really weird.

29. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Wow, he is WEIRDLY moral for a ninja.

Well, I guess we can put the thefts on hold for... ugh... 6 years? Plenty of stuff we can work on in the meantime.

30. Felius

Felius Experienced.

Tentatively:
    [X] Lupin Issei Route: You want your brother back, damn it. He's a worrywart and he has that pesky moral fibre thing going on, but you miss him. Ino-Shika-Cho, yo. You can fake being an upstanding citizen until you're old enough to deploy your talents in the field, right? Right?

What kind of Hard Mode though? But still, tempted to go to this route also because stealing from our own people, our own village feels kinda wrong. Except from the lollypops, but that's just because they are annoying. :p Maybe we can commit anti-crimes in the village, that is, sneak in and leave gifts, tidy their homes etc. :p

For the rest:

[X] Menka
    [X] Kiba