1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Feb 5, 2015.

1. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

At least not with an Issei with Canon background up till Raynare's murder attempt.

Now...What's currently on the list of things to do.

-Train Gasper
    -Tour Rikuo's Friends around Kuoh...and possibly twist Sona's nose if you all feel like it and Rikuo agree's.
    -Find Kokabiel and punch him
    -Find Ryusenkyo
    -Find a good place to make some Orichalcum(sp?)
    -Train to use our BFS
    -Bang Harem
    Edit-Finish Artifact Upgrades

Is that everything?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    BlueHelix, Alexander, ZipLopz and 4 others like this.
  2. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Finish the upgrade artifacts we're working on.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  3. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

Gender Bending is still M/M even if the guy is in a girls body, it's still close enough to being a guy that this Issei isn't interested

4. Nevarial

Nevarial Know what you're doing yet?

Regarding the Gasper-dilemma, the best option, in my honest opinion would be to ask the trap what does he want. Stay a trap, become manly, become a loli, become a woman...
    Ask, and then follow through. And even if he doesn't join the harem, be a bro to Gasper. Or maybe even then. Especially then?

BBJimmy, ZipLopz, kinglugia and 5 others like this.
  5. EternitynChaos

This sounds reasonable, personally I like the idea of turning Gasper into a Dio-expy but if that isn't what he wants it's not what we should do

6. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

I was just thinking...
    Isn't there something called the Time of Cascading Years in Exalted canon where time went a bit nutso?

If that's the case, then I'm not sure how Bright would think time just flows along like that. Even modern science knows the flow of time can be altered (though doing so without massive amounts of gravity, energy, or high speeds, isn't something we know how to do yet) So, altering the flow of time in an area, slowing it down to it almost being frozen, or actually freezing it (say by accessing Elsewhere) is something you'd think she'd be able to accept.

7. burningclaw2

Alexander

Are we voting for what to do with Gasper or a number of actions?

8. theonebutcher

theonebutcher Hahaha! ... Waitaminute... Oh God NO!

Gaspar is not a Solar.
    The Solar can do stuff that's outright impossible, not some schmuck vampire from earth.

As for technological methods of time manipulation: Bright comes from Creation, where a completely different set of physics applies. It might very well be that she never heard of relativity, because it isn't a thing in Creation with it's motonic physics.
    No relativity would of course also mean no magnets, unless they were written in by another mechanism.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  9. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

What to do with Gasper. A general plan is okay, like a specific training or working Issei's social-fu to achieve a specific result.

UberJJK and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  10. burningclaw2

General Idea for a plan

[ ] Hikkikomori Rehab
    -[ ] Use *insert charm here* to help get Gasper's confidence up and get over his fear of the outside.
    --[ ] From there it's up to Gasper, though you will be researching a way to fix his Sacred Gear.

To lazy to search for the appropriate Charms and such. Someone more in the know about Exalted please fill in the rest.

Least Devotee likes this.
  11. AoD_Patr

AoD_Patr Know what you're doing yet?

Well, hikikomori should count as derangement in Exalted terms, so Hastening Night’s End will help here like it did with Riser.
    With You Can Be More we can also hit him in his motivation so he would want to change into Dio's expy or just become more awesome in general, but I'm not sure it's needed in this situation.

UberJJK likes this.
  12. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

As I said, Time of Cascading Years means that Time in Creation 'is' more malleable than Bright seemed to suggest.
    Also, the time freezing is being done by an artifact created by a god who was equivalent to the Incarnae in power

UberJJK likes this.
  13. Coker

Coker Know what you're doing yet?

Gaspar, Dio, Gaspar, Dio.... Dio from Gaspar. Gasper to Dio....
    I know he can get pretty fucking scary when he gets truly angry but... well I'm just not seeing it. I mean him gaining some confidence in himself would be great and all but well I don't think I want to even try to push him to approach Dio levels. It just doesn't fit him in my view. I mean sure we could make him more like Dio by Solar shenanigans but that starts to edge into there territory that all powerful exalted eventually seem to get into. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

BBJimmy and burningclaw2 like this.
  14. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Said no Solar ever.

15. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Bright-sensei would maim, torture and then kill us if we ever utter this line.

BBJimmy, BlueHelix, Nevarial and 8 others like this.
  16. Trooper1021

Trooper1021 Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Plan: Appropriate Role Model
    -[X] Declare with gleeful cheer that Grasper-kun has absolutely nothing wrong with him... 'Tis merely a case of lacking a proper vampiric ideal to aspire toward. Then post the Dio scroll up in Grasper's room where he'll see it before he goes to sleep and when he wakes up.
    -[X] Acquire the very best of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in collected form, and together with Rias, take the afternoon to read the first JoJo manga 'season' with Grasper pinned in between you and her.
    --[X] Bring to bare the greatest depths of your otaku-ness, get up and act out your favorite scenes, disregard propriety and dignity in favor of glorious HAM and encourage Rias to do the same. Demonstrate to Grasper that passion and life take all kinds, even the most strange, and that there is an adventure waiting, just for him, with the rest of Rias' peerage... if only he'd reach out and take hold.

*huffs* How's that?

17. Undying Litch-King

Undying Litch-King Not too sore, are you?

Honestly, I support the Genderbend option, mostly since it seems to be Gasper's own preference. He may be male, but he chooses to dress and act as a female. That shows a specific Choice to me. And I think it's a lot less morally questionable to use Solar Bullshit to preform a mystical Gender change, then it would be to rewire the kid's personality to make him a manly man.

In short, I suggest we take the Seras Victoria path for Gasper's development, rather than the Dio path.

Just with ZA WARUDO added on top, of course.

18. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

Being a crossdresser is not the same as being a transexual.

Gasper just likes to dress cute, also having muscles like Dio doesn't make automatically a manly man.

19. Crazael

Crazael Could be wittier.

Except, outside of his choice of clothes and being shy, Gasper doesn't actually act in a particularly feminine manner. He's a crossdessing hikkimori, not a transsexual one.

20. Undying Litch-King

Undying Litch-King Not too sore, are you?

Then why don't we do the infinitesimally responsible thing and have Issei actually ask Gasper what he wants?

21. Garlandknight

Garlandknight Happiest Arbites

You're all approaching this from the wrong angle. What do Gasper's sexual orientation or cross-dressing habits have to do with the objective here?

Nothing!

Absolutely Nothing!

Dio Brando isn't awesome because of his manliness. Manliness isn't even a central part of his character. Manliness isn't important to Dio at all. And the muscles barely rate a mention beyond being part of his overall appearance.

Now, what is the most central and important aspect of Dio Brando as a character?

His confidence, of course! His charisma and self-confidence, his belief that in everything he does, he is superior and destined to greatness! The point of this objective isn't to make Gasper manly, but to make him into Dio Brando! For that to happen, Gasper only needs the confidence, the charisma, not the muscles or manliness. And if Gasper still wants to crossdress after we're done, then by the Unconquered Sun he'll be the most confident and charismatic trap the world has ever seen!

Also this quest is amazing and the reason I joined QQ and you're all amazing people as well. Keep up the good work, friends.

22. Trooper1021

Trooper1021 Know what you're doing yet?

*Point to my plan, above* Exactly what I was going for. Lets not bring gender anything into this, as it pretty much misses the point.

23. Crazael

I have absolutely no problem with that. It is, in fact, what I am inclined to do under the condition that improving his self confidence and make him better able to control his powers be the end goal of whatever we end up doing.

Undying Litch-King likes this.
  24. Rider of Nod

Rider of Nod Peace. Through. Power.

-[X] Declare with gleeful cheer that Grasper-kun has absolutely nothing wrong with him... 'Tis merely a case of lacking a proper vampiric ideal to aspire toward. Then post the Dio scroll up in Grasper's room where he'll see it before he goes to sleep and when he wakes up.
    -[X] Acquire the very best of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in collected form, and together with Rias, take the afternoon to read the first JoJo manga 'season' with Grasper pinned in between you and her.
    --[X] Bring to bare the greatest depths of your otaku-ness, get up and act out your favorite scenes, disregard propriety and dignity in favor of glorious HAM and encourage Rias to do the same. Demonstrate to Grasper that passion and life take all kinds, even the most strange, and that there is an adventure waiting, just for him, with the rest of Rias' peerage... if only he'd reach out and take hold.

TmDagger, kinglugia and Trooper1021 like this.
  25. EternitynChaos

looks good enough to me, would still rather set him on fire, but this works to

kinglugia and Trooper1021 like this.
  26. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Trooper1021 likes this.
  27. burningclaw2

Didn't Gasper have a thing against blood?

28. Crazael

Trooper1021 likes this.
  29. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

That's good. Do you all want to buy "You Can Be More" or do you prefer doing without?

UberJJK, cecil00, noahgab1133 and 4 others like this.
  30. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Buy it lol.

BlackThief12 and Sol Mark-1 like this.