1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Youjo Senki Discussion and Criticism

Discussion in 'General' started by Elmithian, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

For me, there isn't any overtly evil side in this war. The federation might have started the war, but they are more of an idiot. Same with Darcia. If it's evilness, then it's feel that the UK is the most evil one for me.

Xicree likes this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Well... Not-Russia is Communist. That's where Visha is from, her family fled to the Empire because of the Communist revolution.

[​IMG]

So... acquired from the raws of episode 10, the Not-British flying gear....

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    MHLord and Xicree like this.
  3. Kerfirou

Okay, those flying broom are stupid design. They don't even have stirrup. It will be hard to keep the balance like that. Especially with the luggage hanging around like that. Hell, even the Republic kind of metal horse still better designed, at least they have place for the legs.

MHLord likes this.
  4. Biigoh

I'm hoping Tanya's company shows them that... also, poor Grantz needing to deal with Visha. @_@

Xicree likes this.
  5. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful Aris

When you realize Youjo Senki is an Alt-History SI fic that got turned into an Anime.

They have no testicles anymore.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Squak123 and kalifianto like this.
  6. Biigoh

Lol... that is true. It got made into manga and anime from a light novel that got scouted because it was popular web novel. If only we could get that kind of stuff going in north american. :3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    kuradora, CrossyCross, Xicree and 4 others like this.
  7. Jack Trade

Jack Trade Chasing the Green Fairy.

Tanya's interactions with her men are always pure gold.

kuradora and Xicree like this.
  8. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

To be fair, you're always going to have those idiots in every piece of fiction. And from what I've seen, at least everywhere I frequent, said people are called out as fucking idiots rather quickly. SB included. Especially because it's WW1, not WW2.

MHLord likes this.
  9. Space Penguin

Space Penguin Boring person

War started out as WW1 but tech and tactics are advancing so it will become WW2style fighting just without Nazi's cause the war started out with WW1 reasons and no Japan being involved or Nazi's

Its shown in the anime as well. For a sociopath, she does treat her soldiers well.

That strategy in episode 10. Awesome!!

Xicree likes this.
  10. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

Exactly, the tech and tactics may have caught up to WW2 methods, but without the Treaty of Versailles dumping a heaping pile of shit onto the German people, there aren't the same motivations that drove WW2 forward. Thus, no nazis. So it's still WW1, not WW2. That would come in a sequel, after the Empire loses and gets a majorly raw deal from the other countries.

kalifianto, MHLord and Xicree like this.
  11. Space Penguin

For manga readers, how long has the Empire had tank tech? Is it new or did they have it for some time? How about the others powers?

12. Biigoh

No idea, hasn't gotten that far. That said, they DO have cars.

13. d.fish

d.fish Lés Bien

In the LN, it was supposed to be that only the USSR had tanks, and their tough armor was supposed to be one of those things that made it hard for the Empire to fight. Was this changed and now the Empire has tanks?

14. Biigoh

Episode 10 has Empire with tanks.

15. d.fish

d.fish Lés Bien

Bii. "In the LN".

16. Biigoh

Auuuuuu! It's almost 3 am here... fishie has some mercy!

Also, I thought that both sides had tanks in the LN... and it's more that the Operation Orbs of the Russ were slower with heavier shields?

17. d.fish

d.fish Lés Bien

Well, whatever the case, it seems like the anime is still slightly different from the source materials.

18. Kerfirou

Well, about the operation orbs, I only remember that according to LN, everyone other than the Empire's are about a generation behinds, because Type-97 performance is really that good. Dual core is better than single core.

Even USA orb's, while is definitely more robust and perform better than others, still fall behind Empire's.

kalifianto and MHLord like this.
  19. Space Penguin

Guys, the manga Empire has tanks.

Shown on chapter 1:
    [​IMG]

I honestly wonder all those whiners about Arene. What else do they think could be done about Arene? Its either besiege/starve them to death or surrender or urban warfare. Neither of these would be more humane and would also have huge warcrimes happen.

A thing I have noticed in the anime, its mentioned that Sue never told his family he was safe and alive. This could be Nuts way of allowing the canon events to still happen with his daughter becoming an enemy of Tanya while still allowing them to use Sir Sue for some more episodes.

20. simplystupid

simplystupid [Shy-Guy]

So they have magic munitions, and a craft capable of traveling fast enough that conventional aa won't be able to detect or target it, whats stopping them from dropping an elenium composite thaumic bomb on anyone who disagrees? And don't say anything bout calculations if we can send a guy into space with pen and paper math.

21. Space Penguin

Didn't think about it? Mad-scientist guy is mad, his rocket doesn't have the capability to maneuver. Also, what magic munitions?

That_baka2 likes this.
  22. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

They're sitting on their balls.

Tea likes this.
  23. Tea

Tea Likes for the Like god

Bit of fringe brilliance, when you remember that they're British.

24. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

What?

I've seen no evidence of cushioning charms, and HP riders either supported their weight with their hands and/or feet as well based on what they were doing, not exclusively with their taint.

25. Space Penguin

Episode 11.

Poor Tanya. Incompetent Empire. They made the same mistake that Hitler did with Dunkirk except worse! Cause the entire Notfrance navy and not battered command sturcture, resources and organized divisions are leaving. I felt Tanya's despair...

I honestly would like to see a snippet or something that has Tanya, out of character, tells command to fuck off and attacks Notfrance port. She may get killed during this but destroys the Notfrance army and ships forcing them to surrender thus ending the war or maybe coming back but still achieving the previous mentioned stuff and then gets executed and lambasted by everyone as bad, no honor, etc

We then get to see snippets of historians or analysts in the future who say that with hindsight what Tanya did was entirely correct and some guys call her a martyrr and by Royal decree is once more added to the roll of heroes and made a national hero or something.

Analysis of her tactics and empire tactics, etc. Like a wikipedia article. I would read it!

26. Biigoh

Yeah... it really was a so close, so very close. But she's a lawful type character who obeys the RULES.

MHLord likes this.
  27. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Cursed being X. Toying with humans like we're just mere puppets to dance to his strings!

Go Tanya!

Fight the being X!

Go Tanya!

Don't let him win!

Go Tanya!

Earn your peaceful ending!

Go Tanya!

You crazy bitch!

28. Jack Trade

Jack Trade Chasing the Green Fairy.

So the anime is done, thoughts?

29. Gideon020

Gideon020 Writing a novel.

I'm embarassed that I only just got the pun in Mary Sioux's name.

30. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

All Tanya ever wanted was to live a Quiet Life.

Snake/Eater, Tea and OverReactionGuy like this.