1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Felius

Felius Experienced.

[X] "Everything I did was in the pursuit of disengaging from the conflict. The conflict in which I never threw a single punch."
    -[x] "...that said? She was trying to stop me for my own health, and for that I am grateful and sorry."
    --[x] Keel over from chakra exhaustion.

I like it. Provoke her for a rivalry, indirectly thank her for the sake of making it ba friendly rivalry and immediately pass out to avoid pretty much all immediate consequences of the whole thing... :p

1986ctcel and Ψυχή like this.
  2. cezyou

cezyou Know what you're doing yet?

[X] "Everything I did was in the pursuit of disengaging from the conflict. The conflict in which I never threw a single punch."

I despise the 'nice' add-on. The character would never admit doing anything wrong at all. That was the point, the very thing that made Hinata angry in the first place.

3. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

-[X] "...that said? She was trying to stop me for my own health, and for that I am grateful and sorry."
    --[X] Keel over from chakra exhaustion.

Ψυχή likes this.
  4. DuskAtDawn

DuskAtDawn Of the Thousand Faces

-[X] "...that said? She was trying to stop me for my own health, and for that I am grateful and sorry."

Ψυχή likes this.
  5. theqwopingone

theqwopingone Journeyman rationalist wannabe. Gone for Good

LOVEING that this thing is back. Loveing that we are becoming more awesome. Loveing what we are making happen. And LOVEing that we are a few steps from making power armor out of chakra. Speaking of chakra power armor: Think that we could get better effects if we chained the strips back into our body at some point?

-[X] "So it was all Hinata's fault." Be ready to replace yourself with the instructor when Hinata attacks.
    --[X] "...that said? She was trying to stop me for my own health, and for that I am grateful and sorry."
    ---[X] Keel over from chakra exhaustion.

Edit: Found the chakra power armor!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  6. theqwopingone

We aren't apologising for what we were doing, not even for making her worried; We are saying that we appreciate that she cares about us that much. We should hook her up with Naruto to make it up to her.

Edit: Also: We need to start spreading the news that we managed to team up with a Hyuga to take out the whole school before people manage to twist it into something bad.

Ψυχή likes this.
  7. cezyou

cezyou Know what you're doing yet?

Um.

8. Koled

Koled Versed in the lewd.

9. theqwopingone

Do you really think that we could say that and mean it even while voting for it?

Ψυχή, 1986ctcel and Winged One like this.
  10. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Don't worry.

I'm well aware that Mio does not apologize.

If it wins, I'll take the vote and hammer it into a suitably Mio format while keeping as much of the intent as is possible.

.... Don't get me wrong, though, Hinata will still be 200% mad.

11. theqwopingone

We should totally hook her up with someone to make it upto her. Doesn't the dead last get matched up with head girl and top boy? Maybe we can get her and naruto into a team with us under Guy.

12. EvaUnit01

EvaUnit01 The man who stands at the top of AAWWEESSOOOMEEE

EDIT: in light of QM saying he'd fix it to make it more IC,

Ψυχή likes this.
  13. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

Nah, well, at least I haven't.

But we're really out of it from chakra exhaustion, and we just saw Hinata tear ass for the first time.

MIO IS MAGNIFICENCE, MIO IS MAGNANIMOUS

Katillno, 1986ctcel and Ψυχή like this.
  14. prandom

prandom Definitely Trustworthy

[x] Keel over from chakra exhaustion.

15. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

Ah. So you're deliberately voting for out of character actions. Carry on, then.

Briareus the Gardener and mc2rpg like this.
  16. theqwopingone

We should really tell her, when we are feeling better, that we wouldn't have acted the way we did if we were feeling better, and that we would like to make a better first impression on her then we did. It would also be a good chance to stress the whole "literally unable to feel sorry for things" angle of trying to get her to forgive us, because you have to imagine that someone, who literally can't regret, wishing that things had gone better would leave a impact on someone.

17. theqwopingone

More like voting for something and then letting it go through the MIO system naturally.

18. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

More like voting for something dramatically out of character and letting the QM sort things out.

19. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

For the record, I consider my vote unblemished in this thing. At this point, just keeling over from chakra exhaustion without responding in any other way is *totally* in-character for Mio.

20. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

-[X] "Also, seriously, the faculty's made up of chunin, right ? And they kept getting their asses kicked by a student who isn't even a genin yet ? Weak."

macdjord, Ψυχή and Sirrocco like this.
  21. darklord

darklord Versed in the lewd.

-[X] "Also, seriously, the faculty's made up of chunin, right ? And they kept getting their asses kicked by a student who isn't even a genin yet ? Weak."

22. Armok

Armok Deliverer of OC

[X] Keel over from chakra exhaustion.

23. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

I can't bring myself to *not* vote for just keeling over, but this? This is good.

edit: Ahhh... what the heck. Vote change.

--[X] Of course, she didn't kick *my* ass... for I am the Great MIO!
    ---[X] Keel over from chakra exhaustion.

We hold on, by an act of raw will, *just* long enough to comment on how pathetic some of our instructors are, and then posture a bit more. Okay. Done. *Now* we can pass out.

24. ```

``` Versed in the lewd.

Letting Gai and Mio interact (while hanging around Hyuuga) may have unintended consequences.

[​IMG]

Shadowry, Katillno, hunter09 and 13 others like this.
  25. Ψυχή

Ψυχή A flap of my wings....!

As the one who made that write-in, who said anything about being nice? CX

For intents and purposes this theoretically makes things plenty harder on Hinata because we're supporting what most consider 'bad behavior'

As for the apology...? I honestly was torn about that because in normal circumstances yeah she probably wouldn't. But I wouldn't call these normal under any stretch for anyone involved so... *shrug*

I would be tempted to change it again and remove those last two words of that line, but the magnanimous GM is already working with it so keeping the block as is is for the best.
    Perfect. All that I was hoping for and more.

...I might end up writing an omake for this — it's too ripe with zany fun not to.
    I mean if you must insist repeatedly, if nothing else I'm suggesting a moment of clarity / 'abnormal' insanity from the multiple lightning rounds of "practice your new technique in live combat". :V :V :V

Slightly more seriously I'd like to think that She, Mio, is perfectly capable of development and growth like anyone — no, greater and more magnificent / magnanimous than anyone! CX

"Life-threatening" circumstances (perceived or otherwise) can impress, and just because we didn't get to see the carnage in full doesn't mean it didn't happen and had no impact upon the characters.

That said, I'm not gonna be disappointed if something else wins; there's time for relations to be properly forged in time, and the other major options are still rather excellent regardless.

26. ZurigaSungama

ZurigaSungama Signal from Sadatoni

[X] Keel over from chakra exhaustion.

27. inverted_helix

inverted_helix Connoisseur.

So I'm wondering why the replacement technique was able to work on all the other ninja? I mean that seems ridiculously powerful if you can replace with other people then you can use your team to set up to insta-gib them like we did with the whole academy here.

Is there not a counter to being Replaced? If there is then they all need to be taught it immediately, if there isn't why doesn't everyone use it? Is it because of our massive chakra aura making the technique more effective?

28. Chibi-Reaper

It's because the Hokage generally frowns on you stabbing your students to death.

So Mio replaced with the Chunin, they clamped down hard on that response, and Hinata cold-cocked them while they were focused on not reflex-murdering Mio.

Shaper47, Katillno, Lement and 9 others like this.
  29. inverted_helix

inverted_helix Connoisseur.

So the only defense against being replaced into death is killing the person trying to replace you first?

So what happens if you use an elemental clone with an explosive tag so that when they stab it they're still blown up?

30. Chibi-Reaper

Depends on whether they've also replaced with their own clone when they noticed things starting to go down and if they're hiding to see if the real you comes out.

Alternatively they face-tank the explosive tag and don't give a fuck, then hunt you down and throw you into the next country.

The difference between A and S rank ninja, really.

Shaper47, Lement, Dragoon45 and 7 others like this.