1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Vox De Harlequin

Vox De Harlequin Self-Taught Black Magic Initiate

[X] You needed to fix or replace your arm, somehow. You'd managed to keep infection from setting in, but even so...

We gonna have the bestest most tricked out arm.
    Like Chiyo's, but better.
    Also Tobi is a real dick about where he cut our arm off, it's gonna be a right bitch to attach.

1986ctcel and Grinningmadhatter1 like this.
  2. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

[X] You needed to fix or replace your arm, somehow. You'd managed to keep infection from setting in, but even so...

This...
    escalated quickly.

3. SolipsistSerpent

SolipsistSerpent Endlessly Devouring

Hm... All three of those are important things to fix.

The necessity of shelter depends on the climate. It doesn't seem to rain, based on the lack of water and if it's warm enough shelter isn't as vital.

The necessity of food depends on how shonen this setting really is. Because living on a diet of blood and demonic carrion is metal as fuck and that might actually make us stronger in some settings. But if things like 'balanced diet' matter, we really do need to find some vegetables or some other way to round out Mio's diet.

Getting Mio's arm back would be really good regardless, but might be lower priority if the others are immediately life threatening. Still anything that helps Mio fight also helps her hunt and possibly impress summon contract monsters.
    You know, I can't help but wonder if we're going to be sharing or contesting Tayuya's summon contract. You can't tell me those things don't look like they belong in hell, being demonic giants wearing blindfolds with their lips sewn shut that vomit angry ghosts covered in fanged maws.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  4. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

I am going for the arm because it should help us with the other tasks, and I am also unsure just how protected from infection it currently is.

To die of blood poisoning would not be of the good.

Xicree and 1986ctcel like this.
  5. Vox De Harlequin

Eh, blood should provide the majority of what we need in terms of vitamins and stuff as long as we get enough variety.
    And maggots are also chock-full of easily digestible useful stuff.
    So I'm less worried about malnutrition than catching something nasty.
    But we'll be fine for the time being.
    And when we hunt down a demon to steal its arm we should also eat all the offal that doesn't require cleaning.

1986ctcel likes this.
  6. Dragoon45

Dragoon45 [ ]

The real problem with our diet is that drinking blood leaves us open to other kinds of infections, including HIV. Then there's scurvy to worry about, but I don't think there's any fruits around.

7. Vox De Harlequin

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. cl20

cl20 I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] You needed to find a better source of food and drink than licking trickles of blood off the ground and eating maggots and worms.

9. Dragoon45

Dragoon45 [ ]

Could you at least pretend to have read my post? I'm talking about nasty things we can catch by not solving our food problem. Things that could kill us if not solved soon.

10. Vox De Harlequin

Ninjas have hardier constitutions than regular folk, so the bigger threat right now are the actual hell beasts that will kill us if we can't defend ourselves.
    So not being able to defend ourselves effectively is a bigger worry than maybe getting sick.
    Mio should at least have the sense to avoid the blood that is obviously off, so the only threats would be the demon illnesses in the blood -because I somehow doubt the place sees very many humans- that might not even be able affect us due to biological differences.

11. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

And parasites.

12. Vox De Harlequin

Okay demonic parasites might be an actual threat, but they are also the kind of thing Chakra should be able to deal with.

13. Smyter

Smyter Versed in the lewd.

[X] You needed to find, or take, a better place to rest than snatched fitful naps in the boughs of dead and dying trees

We can fix the arm after we are well rested. The arm is not necessary for our survival. We can fix it later.

14. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Fixing the arm would mean we will have back full access to our martial capabilities... and keep things that might not be nice away.

Also... Medical Chakra which we just learned... and are now MOTIVATED AS FUCK to learn properly (with all the stubborn determination of a Miho trying to live!)

I might also note that each of these choices denote a different 'Paths' for Miho. And likely will result in different outcomes/directions for her development as both a ninja and a person.

Nanimani, 1986ctcel, Candesce and 2 others like this.
  15. Koled

Koled Versed in the lewd.

I wondered what Mio equivalent of spending a hundred years in a coffin on the bottom of the sea would be.

Anyway arm first so we can survive the demons then food and/or shelter.
    It ends finding a honored guest in our new home and beating the shit out of it to control the parade I'm telling ya.

16. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

If Mio has a basic understanding of survival first aid, she can use medicinal herbs, boiled wild honey or maggots to slow the risk of infection.

17. theqwopingone

theqwopingone Journeyman rationalist wannabe. Gone for Good

We are fucking bad ass.

1986ctcel, JadeKaiser and Xicree like this.
  18. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

Yeah, we're different from normal medics. We're in the top percentage of medics!

[Trembles in Joey]

19. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

20. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

Look, obviously we're going to do all three options eventually. This is just a vote on which to do first. And I think going nuts from exhaustion is more immediately dangerous than getting ninja-AIDS or a reduced combat capacity.

21. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Miho has continuously gone for DAYS at a time on sheer stubbornness without proper rest in order to learn the external coils....

She's probably more than fine on the exhaustion front here.

22. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

Hm, I suppose it can wait for second place. And it'll be helpful to be able to beat some demon's face in if its occupying a cave we want.

23. RoninSword

RoninSword Sky God

So I don't follow all of the discussion that happens on this quest, did we get a clear indication on what animal is the summons we are around?

And let me try and clear something up for myself. The massacre happened, we weren't home so Tobi tracked us down and was going to kill us, and then changed his mind and was going to imprison us on the off-chance that he needs a spare pair of sharingan eyes. We then reverse-summoned ourselves to whatever was our animal match.

Are we planning on going back to Konoha when we finally get out of this? They all likely think we are dead.

24. The Nobody

The Nobody Why does this line say strange things? Gone for Good

My opinion is that none of the options presented would kill Mio. Or, let's say, the risk of Mio dying does not increase no matter which option we choose. Because a new chapter has just started, and the only thing that would prompt Chibi to kill Mio off at this moment in the story would something like "Let's jump off a cliff" winning by a landslide, or all players suddenly deciding they want That One Hyuuga Girl as protagonist. In light of this,
    I pretty much aggee.

I don't think there are many of those in the rotten blood-and-bones landscape.

But wasn't she almost dropping from exhaustion just a couple days ago? Or did I miss a little timeskip?

If I have voted differently, I think I'll switch to (or if I haven't, make my vote the)

[X] You needed to find, or take, a better place to rest than snatched fitful naps in the boughs of dead and dying trees.

By the way,
    looks like your auto-correct is a fan of Girls und Panzer.

25. JadeKaiser

JadeKaiser Fae apologist Moderator

Of those, only one is likely to be anywhere near us. Namely, the maggots, and demonic maggots might not be the best for preventing infection with.
    We haven't gotten a 100% certain indication, but the implication is that our summons are the Hyakki Yagyo, aka Hundred Demons Night Parade. Basically, think demonic Japanese Wild Hunt. Which would mean that we probably have to go and beat down or at least get the allegiance of a minimum of 100 demons here where we've wound up.

The massacre is implied to have actually maybe not happened, as Chibi mentioned that we personally have been "a bit too impressive lately." That would imply that perhaps Tobito went after us in particular on an earlier excursion into Konoha, in hopes of using us for something specific. Possibly the trip when he first met Itachi and offered his help. Regardless however, the Massacre will probably have gone down by the time we get back.

As for planning to go back to Konoha, I don't think anyone has really thought that far ahead. We'll see how things are and cross that bridge when we come to it.

Winged One, 1986ctcel, Koled and 5 others like this.
  26. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

The implication seems to be more of a general "Demons" thing than a specific kind of animals, which is a pretty fun callback to our claims of devil-king hood.

If we have a specific summon here instead of (theoretically) all of them, it'd probably be Nurarihyon or something, since he's the linchpin of the whole hundred-demon night parade, which is after all the arc title.

Winged One, 1986ctcel and Xicree like this.
  27. theqwopingone

None of those people were Mio.
    Maybe we can force a tree for feed the last of it's stuff into some fruit or something. It's basically how cancer works.
    Maybe if we make a blender out of chakra strings.
    Spending a hundred years in a coffin on the bottom of the sea setting up a underwater empire via chakra strings without leaving the coffin?

28. JadeKaiser

JadeKaiser Fae apologist Moderator

We don't actually know how to make chakra strings. That was just what Tobito assumed we were doing, because "artificial external chakra coils that work just as well as the real things" are NOT exactly the kind of thing that anybody would expect us to have been able to come up with.

Also, I think I've just figured out what our external coils can combine with to create us a stand. Susanoo. We can totally figure out a way to get ourselves a pair of eien no mangekyo sharningan, and then abuse our special stuffs to modify the existing Susanoo technique. We'll probably get the upgrade from a normal mangekyo by swapping our eyeballs with each other or something, because we're just the sort to try that kind of cheaty solution and have it actually work where others would call us stupid for it.

29. The Nobody

The Nobody Why does this line say strange things? Gone for Good

Mental image: when Mio gets back, her hand is stored somewhere in a locker, as evidence, or for further investigation. Naturally, at her earliest convenience she goes to retrieve it ("Why did you have to break in? We would have returned it to you, it's your hand!"), maybe embalm it, and then puts it back in place. And goes around puppet-manipulating it, and pretending that has never been cut off in the first place.

Winged One and macdjord like this.
  30. theqwopingone

Yes, but that's harder to write out, so i just said "Strings".
    You are insane. It would probably work, but you are insane for comming up with it. Though we could probably just replace all of the parts of our eyes that stopped working with come bullshit trick that we would come up with anyway.