1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. FantasyFan

FantasyFan Well worn.

And figured it out. We got it from copying Gai.

2. Vox De Harlequin

Vox De Harlequin Self-Taught Black Magic Initiate

[x] Make. You have everything you need, probably.
    - [x] What you need to do is to make the chakra denser. Make it physical. Bijuu do it, why can't... you might be a little insane. But that doesn't mean it won't work.

While the sealed arm is interesting, I doubt it would be healthy to stick it onto ourselves.
    Which is why we should consume it with our chakra arm to properly integrate its special characteristics with our entire body!

Snake/Eater and FantasyFan like this.
  3. False Xteeler

False Xteeler "Hahaha ♪"

[X] Take. Plenty of arms about, attached to other things.
    - [X] The bound corpse, chained and marked with ancient and crumbling sealing wards, even now seems to be reaching out from its still and permanent repose. One arm outstretched... the only portion that has not yet rotten away, but even so as black as ink or pitch and seeming like stone, with thin cracks...

Meh, I rather take the physical arm than Bijuu arm since we could run out of Chakra to maintain it.

4. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Huh. I actually like that. Velvet for the Bijuu-esque arm and Zero for the Bound Arm, because we'll inevitably need to seal it back up with something when it tries taking us over.

Ψυχή likes this.
  5. Vox De Harlequin

I'd imagine that part of making our chakra more bijuu-like would eventually involve making that a non-issue, because they certainly don't seem to be constantly worried about running out of chakra and they're entirely made of it.
    And even if not, I seriously doubt the chakra arm is going to be any sort of massive expense of chakra at a basic level, and it's not like we're going to just clump our chakra together into a vaguely arm shaped thing and call it a day, the key to making a new technique is obviously refinement.

JadeKaiser and GiftofLove like this.
  6. dreadnought90

dreadnought90 Not too sore, are you?

- [x] What you need to do is to make the chakra denser. Make it physical. Bijuu do it, why can't... you might be a little insane. But that doesn't mean it won't work.

7. SpeckofStardust

SpeckofStardust Know what you're doing yet?

This will be fun no matter what would win, but control is always nice.

8. Dragoon45

Dragoon45 [ ]

Probably because one of the main benefits of being a chakra beast made from what is basically a goddess, is a chakra pool so massive, it might as well be infinite.
    But no matter how much we refine it, it'll always be clump of chakra in the shape of an arm.

9. Vox De Harlequin

Yes.
    In exactly the same way you actual arm is just a clump of matter in the shape of an arm.

10. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Running out of chakra means you're not doing anything anyway. So what's it matter, exactly? Demon arm ain't going to help for shit if we hit zero either.

11. JadeKaiser

JadeKaiser Fae apologist Moderator

Both the leading options look veeery nice, but I think this one is less likely to end horribly. Also, more likely to end with us eventually getting a stand.

12. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

~Snickers once again at this assertion~

13. Owl of Minerva

Owl of Minerva Know what you're doing yet?

She already has a chakra arm. All the coils from her original arm are still their, usable, and not costing her energy. This is building on what’s already there. She knows how to hold onto a cloud of chakra, forming it into an arm should not make it start to dissipate. I imagine a chakra arm could act as a battery and, after the initial creation cost, be used as an emergency reservoir of energy.

Vox De Harlequin likes this.
  14. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

[X] Make. You have everything you need, probably.
    - [X] What you need to do is to make the chakra denser. Make it physical. Bijuu do it, why can't... you might be a little insane. But that doesn't mean it won't work.

Admittedly tempted by the "I am clearly a trap" option of trying to steal the arm off of the sealed-evil(?)-in-a-decaying-can, but I note that we're in a land of demons, and none of them have been foolish enough to go for it yet. Making the arm denser sounds like it's a terrible idea because it would require silly amounts of chakra to get right, and we don't have a decent diet or decent sleeping arrangements yet (and we're being hunted) so that might be an issue. Possibly hunt demons for their tasty tasty internal organs in the hopes of getting chakra boosts? Eating demon hearts has got to be helpful somehow, right?

As for any of the more sensible options... no. No, we had our chance to go sensible back when we were deciding priorities, and the quest voted Arm. Let's not half-ass the crazy. That's just sad.

GiftofLove likes this.
  15. prandom

prandom Definitely Trustworthy

- [X] The bound corpse, chained and marked with ancient and crumbling sealing wards, even now seems to be reaching out from its still and permanent repose. One arm outstretched... the only portion that has not yet rotten away, but even so as black as ink or pitch and seeming like stone, with thin cracks...

CrossyCross likes this.
  16. Ψυχή

Ψυχή A flap of my wings....!

Don't mind me while I do a (somewhat) usual thing here:
    [​IMG]
    - [X] The other thing that's here in abundance? Skeletons. Dusty, broken, but only sometimes walking around, but as a plus they generally have the right anatomy, less flesh.
    - [X] What you need to do is to make the chakra denser. Make it physical. Bijuu do it, why can't... you might be a little insane. But that doesn't mean it won't work.

Snake/Eater likes this.
  17. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

We can vote another time to cut off another of Mio's Arm or legs, when we have access to a sterile Environment and a place to preserve the limb in case it doesn't work.

18. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

So.. let's look at upside/downside on chakra arm vs demon arm (somewhat biased, but trying).

Chakra Arm:
    + Works more with this "doing unnatural and unclean things with chakra" thing we have going on. We're almost certain to find more exploits in that general direction.
    + An excellent defense against having people try to tear our arms/legs/etc off in the future. Also helps when doing terrible things to whichever that Jashin freak was. Rip off his arms and let him bleed out. So we take the damage he takes? Who cares?
    + Highly likely that we'll be able to modify shape and size of arm trivially, which offers some real advantages in combat. Likely to be a fairly potent weapon overall - kind of important, given the current state of our weapons.
    + All natural. Nothing but pure MIO.
    + Forging an arm out of nothign but chakra, raw will, and crazy personal experimentation shows that we're even more awesome than people thought we were already. We lost an arm. We decided that we didn't *want* to have lost an arm. We fixed the problem.
    - That sounds like the sort of experimentation that's going to take a *lot* of chakra, and a fair amount of effort. If we're dumb about it, we'll leave ourselves even more weakened, in the demon realm, while an Oni hunts us. If we're smart about it, that means that it's going to take a while - we'll need to try to find better food and better sleep.
    - Not quite as dark and edgy as having a demonic arm (until/unless we start playing with bijuu chakra). That other arm *is* demonic, right?

Demon Arm:
    + Mystery box! We don't really know what kind of critter this is, or what it means. QQ likes mystery boxes... whether they're wise or not.
    + Will probably have some sort of awesome power associated, assuming we can get it to work.
    + Whatever we get out of it might take a while to master, but the basics are likely to come online pretty quickly.
    - We have no idea of what this thing is, but we know that it's a lot more powerful than we are (or was). We can guarantee side effects, probably mental side effects, possibly chakra-tainting.
    - its seals are decaying, and the arm not in the seals is pristine. Other demons haven't tried to take the arm, or disturbed those decaying seals. At *some* point, that thing's waking up. It's possible that trying to take the arm will disturb the seals enough to let it tear out of its bindings the rest of the way... at which point we'll be in something of a bad spot.
    - It's cool in a kind of edgy way, but it's not cool in a way that blatantly displays MIO's inherent awesomeness.

19. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

+We Might be able to heal ourselves with that medical jutsu that Kabuto taught us because we would be using that hand.

Chakra Arm: 5+

Demon Arm: 4+

20. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Heh...

21. DuskAtDawn

DuskAtDawn Of the Thousand Faces

Assuming you mean to build the chakra arm around a skeletal prosthetic base so you can see the skeleton within the chakra arm, I'm all for this vote. It's simultaneously awesome and unnerving, just like everything else we do.

- [X] The other thing that's here in abundance? Skeletons. Dusty, broken, but only sometimes walking around, but as a plus they generally have the right anatomy, less flesh.

GiftofLove, Ψυχή and Snake/Eater like this.
  22. Dragoon45

Dragoon45 [ ]

Unless we turn our whole body to chakra, we'd die if Hidan pulled off the ritual, since he likes to skip the torture and go straight to the heart stabbing. He's also immortal, so bleeding out probably won't work.

23. Blue Magician

Blue Magician Not too sore, are you?

Way I see it the demon arm has too many potential negatives. Will the demon arm give us cool unique abilities? Most probably. Will we be able to work through any potential negatives like unwanted possession? I'm sure Mio could. Yet I can't help but remember Orochimaru in general. Grafting other people's things onto ourselves probably won't kill us (if only because quest plot armour, although I would've thought Mio losing an arm this early would also fall under that so take that with a grain of salt) but considering the high death rates I can't think of this as a good thing even if we survive. Hell Orochimaru's curse seal was pretty nasty even with all the shiny abilities.

Furthermore a reason Orochimaru couldn't become a sage was because his chakra was tainted from all of his body hopping. Do we want to or will we get the opportunity to make Mio a sage? Hard to say (especially considering her summons seem to be demons of some sort) but I'd rather not throw that option off the table for a demon arm of dubious origin and usability. Especially considering being a sage may be needed for the end game boss. The fact that Mio can make chakra coils outside of her body actually brings up some interesting thoughts and abuse we could do if we become a sage.

Now a Bijuu arm? Other than running out of chakra there don't seem to be any obvious negatives, and even then running out of chakra for any other option would be a negative anyway so not that bad. Positives? Well if Tobi or someone else decides to take another arm or leg, or even our sharingan eyes it shouldn't take more than a few seconds to make a construct for one of those (once we master making an arm out of chakra). Essentially at will regeneration. And as other people have said this might be the road to making Mio a pseudo Bijuu chakra ghost thing. Most likely no but even if that isn't true it still seems pretty good so yes please.

And this one is just speculation but I don't see why the chakra arm can't become a normal physical arm eventually. Tsunade proved that you an regenerate with just chakra even if you lose something vital like an arm or a leg. If we make a chakra arm dense enough to be physical I don't see why the cells from Mio's body can't slowly grow back into an arm with the chakra arm holding the whole thing together. Basically fake regeneration holding the whole thing together and normal healing combined with that making it slow actual regeneration. Even if this isn't true the Bijuu arm seems to hold more positives and potential positives with many less negatives.

24. ```

``` Versed in the lewd.

Im personally not approaching this choice simply for powergaming, or at least not completely that is.

The biggest reason im going for Sealed In a Can option, is because its lookin like the most potential for Interesting Times.

I mean come on, that shit is just screaming: "backstory! getch'er backstory heah! prime backstory, made fresh!"

There's plot hooks dangling shamelessly, hanging out right there. What shall a player do, when faced with such lures, but bite them?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  25. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

If you know something we don't, then say so. Otherwise, ditch the asinine 'I know better than youuuuuu~' act.

JadeKaiser and Winged One like this.
  26. Ψυχή

Ψυχή A flap of my wings....!

That is exactly what I meant, and partly for those very reasons CX

But also because it's somewhat logical: Get a skeleton arm as a base rather than just trying to make a hand on the fly
    I don't see how this is relevant to what I'm voting for?

After all, I'm not cutting off a 'fresh' arm — I'm taking a dead one :V

1986ctcel and Snake/Eater like this.
  27. Tel Janin Aman

Tel Janin Aman Kept you waiting huh?

28. anechoic

anechoic they/them/theirs

29. JadeKaiser

JadeKaiser Fae apologist Moderator

Look, I'm mostly just having fun here. I don't actually care about us getting a stand or anything like that, but it's fun to joke around about.

Regardless, the way that you are acting right now is not okay. You're putting out an image of "better than you" and "You poor idiots who don't know as much as the superior me." Perhaps you don't mean it that way, but that's how you are coming across. Knock it off.

Winged One and Vox De Harlequin like this.
  30. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

Seriously though, I wanna see the backstory of this goddamned arm. Is it a sealed angel-like being, a super-daemon, a dead god? This is begging to be figured out.

It's a total OCP.

1986ctcel, tenchifew and Ψυχή like this.