1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

[X] You've been eating a lot of nasty things lately. You're gonna eat this too.
    -[X] Being able to will things into existence means you even have enough barbecue sauce!

This is a terrible idea.
    So was getting thus particular arm in the first place.

But now?

Now let's just see how deep the burrow goes.

Vox De Harlequin and Candesce like this.
  2. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

That's inarguably true.
    Sanity is defined by the average of mankind, and MIO has never played along with that.

3. SpaceJelly

SpaceJelly What was I doing again...?

[x] 'Submit'? No, you. Keep cutting bits off and smacking ita round until that happens.

If if it's a battle of wills, then we've already won. Mio's greatest strength is by far spitting in the eye of anyone and everyone for shits and giggles.

4. Smyter

Smyter Versed in the lewd.

Chibi is giving us plot armor. There are several points where we should have died or been punished but kept right on going. I know some people might think that ending up in demon world is a bad thing, but I am just seeing it as a training arc before we return to Konoha. Since we are the protagonist, we will be fine no matter what we choose.

[X] 'Submit'? No, you. Keep cutting bits off and smacking it around until that happens

5. Vox De Harlequin

Vox De Harlequin Self-Taught Black Magic Initiate

Because now that we have this arm, we might as well go full bore.

Also, as if there could be any other choice from me.
    I am the guy that promotes eating gods for their power, after all.
    Demons aren't exempt from the treatment.

6. Irked

Irked Experienced.

7. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I figured you were going for a subversive thing. Tea with demons, God's for dinner.

8. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

Demons are for tea.
    Imps are like digestive biscuits, right?

9. Threadmarks: Unnatural Evolution
    Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

It's a wriggling, squirming, thrashing and disgusting thing.

But so, when it comes down to it, are the worms and maggots that you have been subsisting on. And though nothing here is particularly real, it's real enough that the hunger crawling in your gut for so long outside has a reflection even here.

You've been eating a lot of nasty things to get by. If this is going to give you problems, well, then you'll eat it too.

... It doesn't seem to understand what's happening, not at first. Then the screams begin anew, with genuine horror flavoring the outrage.

This isn't the normal 'unnatural order of things'.

You're supposed to be the meat.

This defies everything.

That and more. The wriggler screams so many things as you eat it, one methodical mouthful ripped free from the main mass at a time. It howls in horror, rage, disgust, and defiance.

To the end, it never breaks down and begs you to stop.

You'll give it that. It's not accepting of this end, but it doesn't seem like it's afraid of dying. Though, it's not particularly a smart move either. If it surrendered, pleaded for you to stop, you'd feel bad about this. Maybe you'd let it live on.

Well, maybe not, too.

Once the last scrap of its mental presence in your new arm is ripped apart and subsumed, crushed with your own power and will, you slip back out of the already fading hellish mental landscape and back to the normal hellish landscape.

.... You feel really... different. More energized. You're still hungry, but it's settled from a constant gnaw at your gut to be ignored as you scavenge enough, just, to keep yourself alive to a duller 'I wonder what's for dinner' ache.

More concerningly, there's physical changes to account for.

The nails of both your hands are... thicker. Heavier. The black sheen to the new one is gone, color faded to match the rest of your body. There's a taste of blood in your mouth, and as you bring your tongue up to incautiously check, it gets cut on the pointed tips of very sharp teeth.

Some shinobi file theirs, to have a more menacing appearance and keep a last ditch desperation weapon ready. You didn't intend to do that. These seem... like it's just how your teeth are now.

Your scalp itches.

Before you have a good grip on how things are now, a big and meaty hand settles down around one of the teeth in the jaw of this massive lizard thing's skull. A foot presses down on another.

And then, rather than breaking an opening loose in the row of teeth that's large enough for the Oni to pass through after you, Dummy heaves a little bit and the top of the skull slowly grinds upwards.

The Oni pauses when he gets a good look at you, and then a thread of confusion, followed by another of slight interest, joins his grin of predatory and carnivorous intent.

"That's something you don't see every century." he says, seeming to recognize that something is different. "But I'm still gonna eatcha."

---

[ ] ??

10. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

We just became a demon, but now we lost our Demon arms''s knowledge and skills and our humanity.

Good job.... real good.

11. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

So, run or see if we got any murder upgrades with our corruption?

Xicree likes this.
  12. Blue Magician

Blue Magician Not too sore, are you?

Whelp. Time to grind our transformation jutsu.

I'm leaning towards killing the Oni but I'm not sure if our skills are good enough. Running away probably won't cut it unless the demon transformation gave us a major boost, in which case fighting would probably be better anyway.

Winged One likes this.
  13. Snake/Eater

I am worried that made our demonic arm's effectiveness by diluting it and i'm worried about having lost it's irreplaceable knowledge and still having mental contamination.

Plus we now look like a 3rd rate Sesame Street puppet.

14. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X] Draw in your chakra shroud around you... GO WILD!
    -[X] If it seems like you're losing the fight... then retreat with a Kawarimi.

HAHAHA!!!! DEVIL TRIGGER BEAST MODE!!!!!

It's pretty likely this is not a 'permanent' thing, and or that with practice we can mold our form. So don't freak out...

REJOICE!!!!

15. Blue Magician

I'm pretty sure the main body we pulled it off regenerated so I don't think we killed the original. If you're hell bend on bonus knowledge it's still around. I don't think it would be up to sharing it though, it seemed to think of us as nothing more than food.

That's what the transformation jutsu is for. And we can't really see ourselves quite yet so let's hang out till we find a mirror or something. It might look cool, you never know.

Yeah I'm just trying to be incredibly optimistic at this point.

Snake/Eater likes this.
  16. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

Well...
    It could have gone far worse, I guess.

Snake/Eater likes this.
  17. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Meh we could have had a partner able to help if we got Tsukuyomi'd or whatever.

18. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

This is basically what we look like right now.

[​IMG]

We MAY or may-not have just unlocked Demon Sage Mode...

Uyurgezn, Shaper47, Katillno and 10 others like this.
  19. DuskAtDawn

DuskAtDawn Of the Thousand Faces

[X] Eat YOU? Foolish Oni, it will be MIO that does the eating here!

Wasn't there a thing in Japanese mythology where dozens of demons are thrown in a crucible, each consuming the power of the others until only one is left? If we're going to survive Tobi upon returning, we kind of need all the power we can get, even if it makes it kinda hard to fit in back home.

20. Winged One

21. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

...this is too in character not to do.

GiftofLove likes this.
  22. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Things not mentioned in the post include that Mio is now a natural blonde, and has natural glitter.

DNA and chakra signature is still the same, with no changes whatsoever, which will have experienced medical professionals ripping their hair out in frustration by the handfuls if they find that out. Because hair isn't supposed to just decide to change color because the owner likes it more, or teeth decide to be sharp and carnivorous, or fingernails turn into claws that can carve into stone.

23. Winged One

No salt, only survival.
    ...huh. It seems that MIO's appearance changes are based on her self-image or something, then.

24. asdx

asdx Mouth Pussy

-[X] If it seems like you're losing the fight... then retreat with a Kawarimi

25. Irked

Irked Experienced.

-[X] Draw in your chakra shroud around you... GO WILD!
    --[X] If it seems like you're losing the fight... then retreat with a Kawarimi.

26. Blue Magician

I suddenly feel so much better about this if it's just a minor cosmetic change (actually sounds cool) so more of a plus. Also it totally sounds like Mio to casually give headaches to medical professionals just by existing.

Edit: Claws that can carve into stone. Huh. Sounds like a major upgrade. Seems like we have a decent shot at killing the Oni.

27. Snake/Eater

-[X] Draw in your chakra shroud around you... G[X] time to leave
    -[X] there is more than one way out of a skull. Exit via the base of the skull, nose, or eye holes.
    --[X] try and use close range Shunshin if possible.
    ---[X] when the outside is visible Kawarimi
    ----[X] look around and see if there is anything you can use to help take dummy out for good.

I am going to take my frustrations from this vote and turn that Oni into lemonade.

But when we get a chance, i'm going to vote for meditation for a knowledge boost.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Winged One likes this.
  28. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

We are part demon now, and it seems that demons are grounded in belief enough, that they can in part decide on their features.

-[X] Draw in your chakra shroud around you... GO WILD!
    --[X] If it seems like you're losing the fight... then retreat with a Kawarimi.

29. Irked

Irked Experienced.

Kind of sad we didn't get to keep a 3rd sharingan in our arm just to freak out the eventual medics more, especially when they test it and find that it's ours and not implanted.

They are gonna wonder what kind of freaky shit whoever abducted us was up to.

Actually we didn't actually have our sharingan active when we woke up right?

Might be interesting if we've gained freaky looking eyes whenever it activates but we'll need a mirror to check.

Fake edit: also reading that again, Mio managed to scare the shit out of an eldritch abomination? you know your heads messed up when you can inflict SAN damage on shoggoths.

1986ctcel and tenchifew like this.
  30. Owl of Minerva

Owl of Minerva Know what you're doing yet?

[X] time to leave
    -[X] there is more than one way out of a skull. Exit via the base of the skull, nose, or eye holes.
    --[X] try and use close range Shunshin if possible.
    ---[X] when the outside is visible Kawarimi
    ----[X] look around and see if there is anything you can use to help take dummy out for good.

Hey remember this? I do.
    With a plan, sure we can win. But, go wild is not a plan.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Candesce, mc2rpg, Winged One and 3 others like this.