1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

...Did you miss the part about it barely being one step removed from a gibbering beast, and toooootally uninterested in politics or groups or names or much of any of the things you just touted as hoping/expecting to get out of it?

You wouldn't ask a local drunken street bum that gets in raging fights about that town's culture and political climate - don't basically do the same thing here, and expect not-equivalently-trash-answers.
    Having successfully taken over a host =/= dominating it, in the sense (as I think you mean) of acquiring what that creature was.

Heck, we just now got a personal example of a way to 'best' a parasitic companion and not get mental bonuses out of it... and would you really say you don't think this arm-entity would eat things?

Because I totally think it would do that, all the time - big part of why it was so shocked/outraged at Mio's choice, even!

Alternatively:
    What they said!
    Yeah I strongly question whether we'll succeed here... BUT.

But on the flip side, I feel like Mio WOULD TOTALLY TRY ANYWAY, so...
    As Xicree asserted, let us never forget we are not playing someone sane and rational and cautious and any of that other stuff; we are playing THE GREAT DEVIL QUEEN MIO, in all her self-aggrandizing, hasty-decision-making, nose-tweaking-just-because-she-can, look-at-me-more-dammit glory!

2. SCO

SCO Getting sticky.

This update (i voted for it) makes me think there is a not irrisory chance that when she gets back to Konoha she might approach Naruto to ask 'So i heard you have a demon inside you... want me to eat it?'.

Alas, if there is something that might give indigestion to G.D.M. it's the Buiji.

3. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

[X] Eat YOU? Foolish Oni, it will be MIO that does the eating here!
    -[X] Draw in your chakra shroud around you... GO WILD!
    --[X] If it seems like you're losing the fight... then retreat with a Kawarimi.

4. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

Now with as much as 43% more "Actually a demon"

5. Caiuz

Caiuz A Flickering recollection.

IF this is a summon group based on the Hyakki Yagyō the boss should be a
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Something MIO would overlook until proven otherwise.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  6. SCO

SCO Getting sticky.

In fact, we can have a profitable side-job as a (soul)eater of mental snake-Orochimarus too.

7. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

I always feel more courageous after eating my daily prescribed amount of human heart.

8. Labuto

Labuto Know what you're doing yet?

-[X] Draw in your chakra shroud around you... GO WILD!
    --[X] If it seems like you're losing the fight... then retreat with a Kawarimi.

9. ```

``` Versed in the lewd.

You know what this means...

Now we truly can POSE MENACING(LY FABULOUS).

Katillno, 1986ctcel and Ψυχή like this.
  10. Briareus the Gardener

Briareus the Gardener I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Draw in your chakra shroud around you... GO WILD!
    -[X] If it seems like you're losing the fight... then retreat with a Kawarimi

Its knowledge of the world seems to boil down to "MEAT! OBEY! SUFFER! FEED! OBEY!" and it showed no inclination to do anything other than eat us, even when we were killing it one inch at a time. I rather doubt it would have ever been a font of wisdom and information on our surroundings. Likewise, I don't think it was some unspeakably powerful uberdemon who could have kicked this Oni's ass for us - it seemed like a lower-middle-rank parasite demon that needed a human host to survive.

The poison bug jar - it's a bit of Japanese folklore where magicians would, supposedly, place certain spells upon an earthen jar or pot, fill it with poisonous insects, rats, and other unpleasant creatures, seal the top, and then bury it for a lunar month. Supposedly, over the course of the lunar month the various creatures inside would fight and kill one another for dominance or our of hunger - and the spell on the jar would cause the flesh and spirit of each creature that fell to merge with its killer's; by the end of the month, the vermin that went in originally would have all been fused together into a hideous demonic "familiar", which could then be commanded by the magician once he let it out of the jar.

Inuyasha, in one of its moments of actually being good, had the main villain apply the principle of the poison bug jar to a hollowed-out mountain he filled with demons, gradually giving rise to a single uber-mega-hyperdemon as they all killed each other and the losers were absorbed by the victors. The payoff was kind of garbage, but at least it was a neat application of ideas from folklore.

Regarding the rest of your post, I'd say we should at least try feasting on some of the lesser demons around here, just in case we can grow stronger from it. Optimally, we eventually get strong enough to beat this POS oni, then parlay with the Gumo-Hime for it to send us back to the living world in exchange for sending it mortals to feast on/rape/whatever and spreading its influence in the mortal world.

11. NoFunposter

NoFunposter Can't sleep, Salt will eat me.

Having just caught up.

Damn this is amazing.

It also reminded me of something I saw a while ago, spent forever trying to find this again.

And between MIO's glorious transformation and the name of the Arc (Arc 2: Flower of Yomi's Hundred-Demon night parade.) this is just too fitting:

Katillno, tenchifew and Odysseus2099 like this.
  12. theqwopingone

theqwopingone Journeyman rationalist wannabe. Gone for Good

Since when have we been interested in being human? Since when have we been interested in following someone elses knowledge? More to the point: We now have three eyes.

More to the point: We're back bitches!

[X] Force some of your chakra shroud into his gut and see if you can wrap it around what's in there. See if you can keep a link going both ways.
    -[X] Give him a fight first, but if you need to dodge then swap into his insides, try to drag out as much acid as you can, and aim for the heart with something pointy.

Edit: What are we, a samurai? We don't fight; We Kill. Fighting is fine if we can't kill in one shot, or run away to get the chance to do so later, but it shoudn't be out first option.

GiftofLove likes this.
  13. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

Oh, hey, an actual plan.

[X] Force some of your chakra shroud into his gut and see if you can wrap it around what's in there. See if you can keep a link going both ways.
    -[X] Give him a fight first, but if you need to dodge then swap into his insides, try to drag out as much acid as you can, and aim for the heart with something pointy.

14. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

Edit: nevermind

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  15. JadeKaiser

JadeKaiser Fae apologist Moderator

EDIT: Vote removed

16. FantasyFan

FantasyFan Well worn.

Chibi-Reaper Do we still have that third eye in our hand?

17. theqwopingone

I jusr had a thought. If that Arm used our own DNA to make that eye, but didn't use all of it, would that make it sort of like our "brother"? Or in other words: Could we use that to swap our own eyes out with?

JadeKaiser likes this.
  18. Irked

Irked Experienced.

thinking about it i wonder if our Transformation has altered the way Mio's body will grow, she can probably still increase her physical strength and muscles through training (perhaps more so than most people due to our demon traits letting us bulk up muscle more than possible, not to mention chakra shenanigans letting people like Lee and Gai look pretty trim while still being able to break mountains with their hands) but it would be pretty funny if due to Mio's image of herself (and possibly her sharingan recording her current form perfectly) that she now never looked older than her current age.

And then the medics run our Dna and everything still looks normal.

19. FantasyFan

FantasyFan Well worn.

I hope we don't get stuck at this age. It would suck.

20. Irked

Irked Experienced.

i mean she could probably still go and gain stats as normal but her self image means that her body always looks like it does now.

21. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I imagine MIO would like to have a body fit for a Devil King more.

22. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

...You mean to telefrag him?

I'm... Very sceptical about that.

That_baka2 likes this.
  23. Irked

Irked Experienced.

well our Fake coil does let us use it as a positional for techniques....and chakra can pass through things so it is doable

24. theqwopingone

No. I mean get into his belly, with something long and sharp if possible, and stab the crap out of any organs we can reach from there.

Edit: While bypassing his teath. That's a very important part.

Edit: And also swap with something heavy to get back out if we need to. "Zombieland Rule 22:When in doubt Know your way out."

25. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

if we only had something sharp and long to cut with, we could try aiming and severing the big Oni's joints at the ankles to retreat.

Attack on Titan logic for the win

26. SpeckofStardust

SpeckofStardust Know what you're doing yet?

well, their is now a chance we wont be able to leave the demon realm because you know were now a demon.... which means waiting for someone to summon us :rolleyes:

Snake/Eater likes this.
  27. Blue Magician

Blue Magician Not too sore, are you?

No actually. Remember when Naruto arrived to the Pain fight he was reverse summoned by a toad. Apparent discussion between this Toad and Pa where Pa says 'I told you to take us to Konoha', 'this should be Konoha' makes it seem that they can at will teleport wherever they want to go or something. The rules really aren't well defined but they don't seem to be limited beyond not seeing the point of leaving their realms. The thought of Mio being constrained by summon rules amuses me considering that even if it applied she'd just go NOPE.

Honestly I would have loved more canon stuff on the summon creatures. They seem to have an interesting society that could mesh interestingly with shinobi history, except their kinda just there for the 'cool' factor. Not even utilised in normal battles that much either. I was so annoyed when Naruto vs Neji happened and it didn't involve summoning a toad the size of a mountain and going, 'hah, what does your fate have to say about that?'

28. SpeckofStardust

SpeckofStardust Know what you're doing yet?

Ah yes now tell me doesn't that require a boss level summon in order to do?

29. Vox De Harlequin

Vox De Harlequin Self-Taught Black Magic Initiate

-[X] Force some of your chakra shroud into his gut and see if you can wrap it around what's in there. See if you can keep a link going both ways.
    --[X] Give him a fight first, but if you need to dodge then swap into his insides, try to drag out as much acid as you can, and aim for the heart with something pointy.

Let's EAT HIM FROM THE INSIDE!

30. Blue Magician

Blue Magician Not too sore, are you?

No? I'm not sure I understand what the question is.

If the question is 'don't you need a boss summon to at will teleport?' I believe no because the toad that went ahead to reverse summon them to Konoha was not Pa or anyone in particular, just a toad summon. ...I think?

Checking: Ch 409 Gamakitchi summons Naruto to Mt Myoboku-something
    Ch 430 Shima at will teleports them to Konoha

Huh, maybe you are right, although there really isn't enough information to go on here. Could be boss summon shenanigans, could be that Shima just happened to be the one to at will teleport them. It really isn't commented on as an ability or anything. Actually Jiraiya uses messenger toads doesn't he? Did they teleport or long travel? Dammit, need more info.

Edit:...Now I'm wondering why in the Jiraiya vs Pain battle, why wouldn't Pa bail back to the mountain and reverse summon Jiraiya immediately considering it was a losing battle near the end. Or teleport him back to Konoha or something. Fighting to the end seems really dumb in retrospect. He was a spymaster as well so it's not like he'd lose honour by running away or anything. Plot hole?

Timaeus, 1986ctcel and GiftofLove like this.