1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Exalted 3E Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Sydonai

Sydonai Versed in the lewd.

I have the PDF as well, but on the Net these are as close as I've managed to get;
    http://rathess.xi.co.nz/exalted/index.php/Manual_of_Exalted_Power:_Nocturnals
    http://z10.invisionfree.com/The_Nocturnals/index.php?s=da8350a09926758bc612aece7aa2eeb5&act=idx
    And they both appear to be missing information.
    I don't think it will ever get updated to 2.5, let alone 3rd, and I happen to be very bad at the mechanical side of things so attempting to do it myself would be...:oops: less than wise.

2. Jarudazuigu

Jarudazuigu Sealed, for now

Pray to Cthulhu? It will certainly be memorable experience if It answers with version of the ruleset.;)

Sydonai likes this.
  3. Sydonai

Despite what Deep Ones believe Cthulhu isn't a deity and doesn't accept prayer, she is a First Age Solar that turned herself into a Proto-Primordial.:p

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  4. Jarudazuigu

K'Tula knows the charms for prayer stuff. It's in Eternal's Desert charmset ... and since K'Tula is poaching from Kimbery's charmset? There certainly are.:D

kinglugia and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  5. Sydonai

Uh, the Desert Genie stuff is in Cecelyne's Charmset.

6. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

I have question I'm curious about.

How often do you use Official Exalted characters in your sessions/fiction? And do you have any favorites? Are there any you always wanted to use?

7. Jarudazuigu

Ayup. But it is written in the 2ed Infernal book that Yozi steal the charms, useful to them or patching their charmset-holes, from other Yozi by interacting and learning. Even as crippled as they are, they can slowly learn. Thus I find it possible that Kimbery have equivalents of Cece-chan's Djinni charmset.

Could you imagine BWC Ebon Dragon without having it?

8. Sydonai

I see them as an "Hey, what's happening in other parts of the world?" thing, basically Current Events fodder that don't interact much if at all with the PCs
    Creation is huge, and I would like to look into places that haven't been detailed.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  9. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

No it isn't. Read the fucking book. Learn something for once.

That_baka2 likes this.
  10. Jarudazuigu

I see you still hate me for existing and disagreeing with you. That's life. How are you doin' ? *tips imaginary hat* :)

And I read, in the fucking book about 2ed Infernals, that Yozi who cooperate "share" charms in the vein that they have charms that are mechanically identical to charms possessed by other Yozis.
    The most glaring EXAMPLE is Ebon Dragon's statblock from RotSE. Because, unlike Infernal, The Ebon Dragon can't learn other Yozi's charms ... and yet, he does have SWLIHN's charms that heal your bacon from injury. Plus Essence 6 extension of those charms that deals with Aggravated Damage.

11. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

While Yozi can adapt the Charms of other Yozi to their own themes, it's worth noting that Adapted Charms explicitly cannot be taught to anyone(MoEP: Infernals, pg 100).

jvbri, 1986ctcel, Jarudazuigu and 2 others like this.
  12. Valette-Serafina

And that contradicts the most fundamental basic natures of every other Yozi. Actually, it contradicts the basic nature of the Ebon Dragon too, but he can cheat.

Do you perhaps remember what Yozi charms are?

That_baka2 likes this.
  13. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Yozi charms are what makes the Yozis Yozis? Like Cecelyne being an endless dessert and all? *typo intentional :p*

14. Valette-Serafina

Yes indeed.

That_baka2 likes this.
  15. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

So Exalted Tomb of Dreams just hit RPG Drive Thru for kickstarter supporters.

16. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

Does anybody have the homebrew Kimbery charms that aren't these?

I recall more Kimbery social charms, and more poison ones by... Kylar? Maybe.

Edit: managed to find what I was looking for.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  17. Bre Karn

Bre Karn (Very Slow) Writer of Glorious Smut

So they've made the first opus of the Kickstarter musical suite: those thematic to the various Chosen.

1. Birth of the Liminal Exalted: nicely melancholic without being emo
    2. March of the Dragonblooded: tries to be epic, vaguely asian sounding
    3. Rage of the Lunar Exalted: ... sounds RPG-y. In fact, I seem to recognize bits from various RPGs I've played over the years (can't name one specifically). Don't know what to think.
    4. Return of the Solar Exalted: sounds trailer-ish. Indistinct thematics.
    5. Rise of the Infernal Exalted: sounds a bit, how should I say, Batman-ish? Still, one of my favorites.
    6. Death's Lawgivers (Abyssals): nicely atmospheric, melancholic in a different way than the Liminal one.
    7. Ex Machina (Alchies): fits closely to the 'mechanical' theme, but lacks a bit in epicness IMHO
    8. Power of the Exigence: nice, a bit superheroic in theme?
    9. War in Heaven (Getimians): quite epic. Let's hope the Getimian history in the fluff ends up up to par :p
    10. Lesser but Safe (Sids): it is... relaxing, I guess? Nice, but nothing extraordinary

I'm a bit... disappointed because a lot of them sound a lot like the kind of trailer music I've already heard on YouTube (and some of which is much more inspiring than this suite); still, I suppose I'll play it at my next tabletop game.
    Also they're all pretty short (around 2 min each), so I hope there's more to come.

18. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

Considering the quality of the original art . . .

Jarudazuigu and Valette-Serafina like this.
  19. Bre Karn

Bre Karn (Very Slow) Writer of Glorious Smut

Jarudazuigu likes this.
  20. Space Penguin

Space Penguin Boring person

Is it just me or is FBH troll for The WhiteWolf thread on SV?

Its calm. he comes in starts trying to impose his POV of Technocracy having no nuance and always failure forever which inevitably starts a flame war, disappears and then comes back starting the argument up again?

21. Sydonai

Why the hell are you bitching about World of Darkness in an Exalted thread on an entirely different forum?

Bre Karn, kinglugia and Smuthunter like this.
  22. Space Penguin

Cause you guys are here? I'm asking specifically about FBH and his behaviour. The WOD part is irrelevant.

23. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

This is an Exalted thread, not a World of Darkness thread. Some other person's behavior on another forum is a topic for the rants thread.

Bre Karn, Jarudazuigu and Sydonai like this.
  24. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Then you're absolutely at the wrong thread for this.

Sol Mark-1, Bre Karn and Jarudazuigu like this.
  25. Space Penguin

Well since I'm here anyway, what do you guys think about Exalted 3E. Now thats it been out for a while?

26. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I have no complaints other than the crafting system, which I wasn't going to use anyways.

Sol Mark-1 and Serafina like this.
  27. Space Penguin

Is the fluff good? Is the setting advanced from the period the 2e was in? meaning in the future. And if so, what are the changes?

28. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

The setting has not advanced and the very core of the fluff is largely unchanged. There are new Exalt types like the liminals and exigents and those have been integrated into the setting appropriately. The Immaculate Philosophy has a lukewarm stance towards exigents but they aren't considered anathema unless they're actively opposing the Realm's interests, for instance. However you're still playing at the end of the Age of Sorrows a few years after the Empress's disappearance.

Things change a lot more once you get down to details, and I couldn't even summarize everything that's changed since 2e without spending a few hours combing my core rulebook to refresh my memory. At the least, there are a ton of new locations in every direction outlined in the setting chapter and the politics of places and people from 2e have changed in many ways because of their new neighbors or because they're being handled completely differently by the authors. The Silver Prince isn't about to conquer the entire western direction with a first age doomfleet for instance. Then there are a handful of major changes to the map; the Southeast, rather than a vast desert, is now home to the Dreaming Sea, with a host of islands and coastal locales to explore. In the southwest there's now a large continent-island called the Caul, where the Realm is in open warfare with the Silver Pact. And so on and so forth.

Sol Mark-1 and Bre Karn like this.
  29. Sydonai

Speaking of, is there a WoD thread on this site?

30. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Not to my knowledge, but I don't play WoD so I've never gone looking for one.

Sol Mark-1 and Sydonai like this.