1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

OOC: Power and Purpose (RWBY/Dragon Ball Z SI RP)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Toxinvictory, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Toxinvictory

Toxinvictory I trust you know where the happy button is?

I am working on the other responses I am currently visiting my grandmother for her birthday and spending a lot of time while I am with her doing various activities for example driving out of town with her to visit friends, spending a day at the art gallery etc so my free time in which to write isn't that large but it exists and I'm using it.

I hope to have the three primary responses up by weekends end.

Albus Leo likes this.
  2. Bashful_Walrus

Bashful_Walrus I trust you know where the happy button is?

Take your time bro I was simply curious Life has a way of taking all of our time away from the pleasures we'd like to peruse.

3. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

I was under the impression Ren's semblance was hiding from Grimm, not calming people. After all, Even when the Nucklavee was looking directly at him, it still couldn't find him, and it does have eyes. Also, nobody's facial expressions change as a result of him using it.

Honestly, out of character, I'm sure that Ruby can win without help. Her two opponents aren't that good at fighting. Even two on one, they didn't even put up that good of a fight against Yang, and one of them had a noticeable advantage due to Yang having trouble against opponents who rely on kicks. In character, though, I don't know this and am rushing to help Ruby out.

Toxinvictory likes this.
  4. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Not that it really bothers me or anything, but shouldn't this be in the NSFW play by post section instead of the quest one?

-edit-

-blinks-

Nevermind sorry, this was just me being tired and not realizing I was looking at the safe for work section. My bad. :oops:

5. Albus Leo

Albus Leo Know what you're doing yet?

Do we need to do Forum Game CPR?

Toxinvictory likes this.
  6. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Toxin's been fairly out of pocket for the last month or so... he hasn't show up to poke his RP on SB or SV either. I think he's just really busy.

...as am I, though that's no excuse for the scene I promised not being up at this point. Just so many things to do...:(

Toxinvictory likes this.
  7. Bashful_Walrus

Take ya time even if it might be months down the road as long as it’s not dead I’ll be here, Let us be dormant yet when the time comes we shall rise like the Phoenix from the ashes of hiatus.

Toxinvictory likes this.
  8. Toxinvictory

So I'm back and hoping to get this going again if theirs still interest in it. If you guys have moved on I understand completely. The first two responses are up with and the third soon to follow.

In this responses players can observe the Semblance Evolution function. Since Dragon Ball is a setting all about powers reaching new levels and Semblances/Aura are tied up in the soul it stood to reason that adding a new personality into the mix would allow for the players Semblances to improve. Players will be given choices how to level up/alter the manifestation of their Semblance as the game goes on allowing you to customize your characters.

The initial upgrade can be a result of any number of things. Bashful_Walrus unlocked it due to getting a very high roll on consuming Emerald's identity. Albus Leo will be getting his as a result of the fight that has just broken out same with rick1497's tag team with Ruby. I am planning to give Slayer Anderson the upgrade in the aftermath of the Cooler/Towa/Sun threesome, nothing like kinky sex to acclimatize ones soul.

9. Bashful_Walrus

*Manical laughter*

Toxinvictory likes this.
  10. Toxinvictory

Glad you like it. Oh I have gone through and edited out the typos and mistakes of the original version.

Bashful_Walrus likes this.
  11. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

I'm still going to have to consume the rest of Coco's memories. Still, I should be able to do that once I get some time to not be in a rush. Other than that, I have a couple ideas on how to improve my weaponry. Because no way in hell am I going to stick to only bullets when people have force fields at DBZ levels of power. And I'm just not satisfied having the worst weapon in the party. Besides, what's even the point of having variable weapons if you only have one type of weapon? Also, I'm going to have to make wrist mounted dart launchers. For the I Win punches.

By the way, are there going to be any effects to me choosing a path to unlock my memories instead of simply saying "I focus on and consume them."?

Also, does anyone here have any suggestions on a melee weapon to combine with my weapon? At the moment, and ax seems like it would fit the best.

Oh yeah, new question. Are skills that we have in real life going to be allowed to give us bonuses? For example, I'm a brown belt in Karate, will that improve my unarmed combat?

Bashful_Walrus likes this.
  12. Toxinvictory

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

In order,

1) Not really you got a good roll on unlocking Coco's memories and your semblance is going to evolve via the coming fight. Bashful_Walrus just got a incredibly high roll for consuming Emerald's remanants so the semblance evolution happened earlier than planned.

2) Ruby, professional weapon nut, suggests something like Cresent Rose a flawless merging of melee and ranged weaponry that she poured considerable time and effort into. (She will be more than happy to help you improve your weapon the problem will be getting her to stop). Yang would suggest something tied to you, with an emphasis on destructive power all while making chronically bad puns but she's currently being screwed senseless by Ren/Nora and so is unavaible for comment.

3) Sure if you have useful skills that can improve/influence your character.

13. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

Alright. By the way, you do remember that Ren's semblance is hiding from grimm, not actually forcing people to be calm, don't you? Still, I might have to ask Ruby for help.
    Well, off the top of my head, I'm a brown belt in karate, have a degree in physics, am studying computer engineering, and was going to go into mechanical engineering before I switched tracks. I also have plenty of experience working with power tools and a bit of working with simple electronic stuff. Is any of that helpful for my character?

I am serious about asking the people here for suggestions. At the moment, all I can come up with is giving my gun an ax mode and getting a pair of wrist-mounted dart launchers/punch daggers.

Toxinvictory likes this.
  14. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

I'm gonna' try and give it one more go sometime this week/weekend... but, yeah, I'm still up for things.

Bashful_Walrus and Toxinvictory like this.
  15. Bashful_Walrus

I’m waiting on others to post before goin full mad Manic laughter mode.

16. rick1497

rick1497 Well worn.

Well, you'll have to wait a bit for me. I don't have anything to respond to at the moment.