1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Mar 3, 2013.

1. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Any more actual vote-votes?

ward201 likes this.
  2. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

It's really seeming kinda... sparse on the ground, huh?

I did PM Uju, hoping he'll show up again. Everybody else I know follows this quest but doesn't vote.

3. Jack Trade

Jack Trade Chasing the Green Fairy.

[X] Kibi! After all, who else are you in a position to pump for information about Oto?

4. FurikoMaru

XD I have lurkers? Damn it, c'mon, guys, take the plunge! It's so lonely in here.

ward201 likes this.
  5. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

[X] Plan Guile

6. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

edited an actual vote in here.

come on guys, start posting.

7. Dreadis

Dreadis No idea whats going on

[X] Plan Guile

I only started reading this when it successful necro was successful but ill vote.

8. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

If I don't vote, I can blame the people who did vote whenever things go hilariously wrong, though...

9. Mignonette

Mignonette Not too sore, are you?

[X] guile

10. FurikoMaru

Am I interpreting Guileplan correctly when I observe that it places greater emphasis on the Jigenkuro fight than the Gaante fight, and plan accordingly?

ward201 likes this.
  11. Guile

That's how I intended it, yeah.

Without planning out the Kankuro and Kuyo/Ami fights, we might actually stumble on the way to Gaara; I'd like to think we learned that from Tenten. And yeah, it's not really wise not to come up with a plan for Gaara, but frankly I'm half-convinced nothing we do will work on that guy.

Plus just by getting into the ring with him Ino would be disobeying Papa Yamanaka and upsetting Neji and Lee, I could see her putting off that decision into the nebulous future so she didn't have to feel guilty. It'd be more fun to plan out a fight with her old buddy and wowing the crowd in a safe and non-controversial fight, and not think too much about what comes after because then it'd be too real. Living day by day is kind of a Lupino speciality.

12. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

Why don't we challange Gaante to a Style off?

13. Disminded

Disminded Versed in the lewd.

We lack the requisite fabulosity.

[X] During the Kankuro fight, wait for Kankuro to send Jigen into his favorite puppet. Then use Shinranshin to have Lupin take over one of his other models ('borrow' one previously if he doesn't intend to bring more than Karasu to the match). Then have Lupin and Ino use henges to look like Kankuro and Karasu. Then have a good, clean fight. Using Kankuro's moves. Switch places with Replacement frequently. Possibly, at one point use Shinranshin to stick Kankuro in our body and take over his. Henge back into Ino in Kankuro's body. Stuff like that.
    Ideally, when the winner is declared, we don't want the ref or the audience to have any idea who actually managed to win.
    -[X] For extra mindfuckery, we could win the match as 'Kankuro' and go on to fight our other matches that way. Emerge victorious in the tournament, only to reveal ourselves as Ino at the 13th hour. Of course, that would mean we'd have to beat Gaara at some point...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  14. Guile

I'm not actually familiar with DMC beyond the usual stuff you pick up on the internet by osmosis.

Is Dante a Jojo-fabulous sort of guy?

He seems more like a James Dean-esque rebel with devil powers, kind of like Yuri Hyuuga from Shadow Hearts. A LOT like Yuri, actually; I could totally imagine Gaante getting his arm chopped off only to hold it to the stump, reattach it, and then pose smirkily like, 'What up?', like in the Shadow Hearts intro.

15. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Don't know about Yuri Hyuuga, but here's a few clips of Dante.
    [embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6YMXXutxI8[/embed]
    http://youtu.be/5Q-wXo1Me-8?t=33s
    http://youtu.be/1VqTbNdeXMo?t=3m30s
    http://youtu.be/oskw8aGIFk0?t=12s
    He's kind of a show-off.

16. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

Jojo fabulous....

I'm probably as ignorant of Jojo as you are DMC, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that in DMC4, the answer is yes. Dante is at his most relaxed and playful there, in part because he really is the hottest shit around by this point and everyone knows it, and this is probably when he does the most dramatic posing purely for the sake of showing off. And it's blatant.

I mean he does his own unique animations just for switching between fighting styles in the game. Then there's the Lucifer/opera scenes....yeah, it's over the top.

Guile, you aren't too far off the mark for DMC1/DMC3, near as I can tell. Then Dante's still dealing with the loss of pretty much his entire family. He snarks, he shows off, but there's a definite angry edge to it. Small wonder, when in DMC1 he's moving for a showdown with his family's killer and in DMC3 he's fighting his twin brother.

I could probably go on a while, but I'll spare you. Seriously, I've cut out several paragraphs of analysis, questioning how much of Dante's Blood Knight tendencies are genuine and how much is a coping mechanism early on, cause it's not directly relevant.

Except DMC2. That's a bitch to place, save after DMC4, and is therefore unfortunately relevant. Dante is at his quietest and least playful here, but he's most apathetic. Least emotionally open. And as a factoid, by DMC4 Dante has surpassed his legendary multi-millenia father in just a century, so he's pretty much top dog. I prefer to interpret him as not even pretending it's going to be a fight, or a challenge, because it really, really isn't.

He doesn't even need his super-awesome devil powers to play the bad guy like a fiddle. He screws Arius over halfway through the game and Arius doesn't even realize it until the climax. Then Dante shows up just in time to mock the guy for being such a rube. He barely even makes a scene, Arius does more talking and screaming than Dante does.

Or you can just call DMC2 non-canon or whatever other reason Dante was a comparative stick in the mud. You definitely need o bend backwards a bit to fit it all in.

I'm not touching his cameo roles.

So yeah. Dante's tricky. If you give Capcom credit for consistent writing. To be fair, you'd be perfectly justified if you didn't.

But given current characterization, I'd say DMC4 Dante is closer to the mark. Dante's put his personal demons to rest, in a way. :p He's still playful, he's still messing around and trying to have a good time. Still loves fighting, still loves over the top action. It wouldn't really surprise me if having siblings again is a lot of why he's so upbeat. However old he is, and he presumably remembers quite a bit like us, he's in a kid's body with a new older brother and a sister.

He's clearly pretty content with his current lot in life, scheming to ditch Suna with Temari in tow aside. So he's probably not in his angry years. With a new family that he accepts and enjoys, this could easily be the happiest he's been in a while. It was the loss of his that drove him for most of his formative years and now he's got a new one. So aside from his natural showboating that he does for himself and to antagonize his enemies, he'll probably shows off a lot for Kankuro and Temari's benefit too.

Or, again, just to piss them off. Tv Tropes has one thing right, Dante really is an Annoying Younger Brother. Except now he's annoying everyone. Pity Temari, for she will need the patience of a saint for Garaante alone.

So in summary, since DMC4 Dante is the most well adjusted, happy, and stable Dante, and that's what we're dealing with here, yes. Expect lots of show-boating, playing to the crowd, and for the lulz. He's got nothing to prove to anyone, he's mostly at peace, probably doesn't really care about the destination so much as the journey to get there. Garaante has almost definitely hit the point where the question is less, "Can I win," and more, "What will be more fun?"

EDIT:

If TV Tropes is actually right here, then fuck, Garaante has already won. He probably still has that power. If he ever cares to go all out.

17. The Nobody

The Nobody Why does this line say strange things? Gone for Good

Something like this?

18. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

Yes, it's something we have a good change of winning. And, with Gaante being Dante, there's a good chance that our opponent will agree to it.

Also you forgot:

19. The Nobody

No, because Killer B would not fit into anything smaller than a full chapter.

20. FurikoMaru

Well, how does the count shake out?

ward201 likes this.
  21. The Nobody

HANG OUT WITH:

[X] Kankuro and his siblings. You can keep the gossip mill turning, freak out the bookies preparing for the finals, and spend time with one of your oldest friends all at the same time - it's win-win-win.
    Supported by RAG, Guile, yours truly: total 3

[X] Kibi! After all, who else are you in a position to pump for information about Oto?
    Supported by Unclouded, Hymn, Jack Trade: total 3
    Guile:
    -[X] Ino-neesan explains it all: You KNOW it sounds crazy, it did when you learned it too - but it turns out other people can be geniuses too. Even people you think you know like the back of your hand can suddenly bust out some trick you never suspected and backhand you right in the face with it. The trick isn't crazy preparedness, though that doesn't hurt; it's learning to roll with the punches. And cheat. Cheat a LOT.

PREPARE FOR A FIGHT:

[X] During the Kankuro fight, wait for Kankuro to send Jigen into his favorite puppet. Then use Shinranshin to have Lupin take over one of his other models ('borrow' one previously if he doesn't intend to bring more than Karasu to the match). Then have Lupin and Ino use henges to look like Kankuro and Karasu. Then have a good, clean fight. Using Kankuro's moves. Switch places with Replacement frequently. Possibly, at one point use Shinranshin to stick Kankuro in our body and take over his. Henge back into Ino in Kankuro's body. Stuff like that.
    Ideally, when the winner is declared, we don't want the ref or the audience to have any idea who actually managed to win.
    -[X] For extra mindfuckery, we could win the match as 'Kankuro' and go on to fight our other matches that way. Emerge victorious in the tournament, only to reveal ourselves as Ino at the 13th hour. Of course, that would mean we'd have to beat Gaara at some point...
    Supported by Hymn, RAG, Guile, Iamnuff, MHLord, Dreadis, Mignonnette, Disminded, yours truly: total 9

(Assuming the two aren't mutually exclusive)
    [X] Fight Gaara
    -> [X] In a style-off. Or a rhyme-off.
    Supported by RAG, yours truly: total 2

22. Guile

I just realized I fucked up my metaphor, and then everyone voted for me. Argh.

13th hour? What is this nonsense, are we in Persona 3?

23. The Nobody

You would call it "1 PM", the 13th hour.

24. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

25. Guile

What we need is someone to break the 'hang with Sand Siblings' or 'hang with Kibi' tie.

26. gryllidae

gryllidae Not too sore, are you?

[X] Kankuro and his siblings. You can keep the gossip mill turning, freak out the bookies preparing for the finals, and spend time with one of your oldest friends all at the same time - it's win-win-win.

27. FurikoMaru

So while I'm working on the update, I thought I'd mention this.

ward201 likes this.
  28. FurikoMaru

Aw, fuck it. Someone break the tie and I'll resurrect the quest.

ward201 likes this.
  29. Tetsurō

Tetsurō Communist Penguin

30. FurikoMaru

The tie, Tetsuro, the tie. Break it.

ward201 likes this.