1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Server Upgrade & Donations

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by tehelgee, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Intensifying Quiescence

Intensifying Quiescence Malaphor Master

Oh Bouncy Breasts, And Naughty quests~

For Kinks from A to Z~

For allllll the creepers Feeeeeetish Fuel~

And mindless ranting tooooooooo~

Eroooootica~

Eroooootica~

I pledge my cash to theeeeeee~

I'll paaaaaay the rent~ For Leeeeeeewd Content~

From page one to Infiiiiii~ Niiiiiii~ Tyyyyyyyyyyyy~

2. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Well, if I manage to get a job, soon, I can do 5-10 a month.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Elmithian

Elmithian Prolific Procrastinator

Should be able to afford 5 bucks a month for some time. Will take some time to transfer funds and re-re-re-relearn how to use paypal. I swear I have over 6 paypal accounts at this point due to forgetting me password every time. DX

Will most likely set it up tomorrow. Bloody late right now.

But I had been planning on supporting the site anyhow. I came here to be able to write without worrying about censorship, and that is what I have gotten so far. No way am I going to lose one of the last haven of such nature. ;)

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

I've made all but one of my commission sales through this site, so it makes sense to give something back.

5. subsider34

subsider34 Versed in the lewd.

They can also be a turn off. I would have made monthly donations if it weren't for that orange username that forces me to be all squinty-like on UI.X Light (and to a lesser extent on XenForo Default). Now you'll have to settle for the maximum bulk payment you allow.

How terrible.

Ddmkm122, Crawkid, vyor and 4 others like this.
  6. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

I would like to give 1$ a month, but it's not an option for the moment.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Cambrian

Cambrian The Pimperor - Inspirational as Fuck

... Has that Account Upgrades page always been there? Like I know this thread was just created today, but please tell me that that page for subscribing or donating was just created today as well.

I've been wanting to find a way to donate or subscribe for a while now, but whenever I looked around I just couldn't find anything about it and I ultimately gave up rather than just doing the smart thing and PMing tehelgee. If I'm being honest with myself, it was probably because I'm a tightwad with cash and a total hoarder. If I was a dragon, my hoard would probably either get me fucked by all the dragon ladies, or get me mugged by all the dragon dudes.

Anyways, now that it's an easy button thing and through Paypal, a website I use daily for my own business, I have no good excuse besides being a penny pincher anymore. Considering how much this website means for me and how much its done for me in terms of my own success, I had to go ahead and subscribe at the maximum amount.

I do have to ask though... any chance I can get green instead of orange despite being a subscriber rather than a donater? I think I can live with orange, but I don't enjoy it like I would enjoy green :p

EDIT: Should totally consider making a way for your higher paying subscribers to fiddle with things like that on our account settings~

8. Cambrian

Also, don't really know/understand what this means detail wise (like, does it mean we can put more sexy pictures in the picture threads and make more lewd writing threads in the NSFW forum? I assume so but I don't know for sure :p), but it sounds awesome so fuck yeah for seven times our old capacity! Woot woot!

Ddmkm122 and BlueHelix like this.
  9. Winged_One

Winged_One Phantom Antichrist

Should the current average post length hold, the server will be able to hold almost ten million posts.

10. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

It was there from the first few days of the switch to Xenforo. :p

The colors are set by what secondary group you are part of, then by priority among those. I gave subscriber higher priority than donator because, over the long run, subscribers almost always end up paying more into the forum than donators do.

I have been entertaining the idea of making each tier of subscription or donation it's own group and color, but I am concerned that might be considered something akin to proxy shaming.

As for giving users the ability to choose... I don't think that's possible without custom development work.

11. Wootius

Wootius I trust you know where the happy button is?

With an attitude that that I guess I won't donate those millions I was planning to.

[​IMG]

12. Elmithian

Elmithian Prolific Procrastinator

Please don't donate that level of money for the server. That will just draw the type of unwanted attention that no one here wants.

Plus, they need finances to continue the server, not to save up for a yatch. Feel free to donate to the person though. I am sure they can find ways to spend yer millions. :3

13. Cambrian

[​IMG]

Makes sense. Yeah I can see why you might not want to give each tier of sub/donation its own color, though I do think an argument can be made for it being more incentivizing rather than necessarily shaming. (Like someone who pledges $5 a month shouldn't really be ashamed that they don't have access to the higher tier color/rewards, they're already beating out everyone else who isn't pledging anything. xD)

And yeah it sucks that the option to choose isn't possible under the current circumstances because that would certainly be the optimal solution.

Ah well, my orange is sort of growing on me over time :p I heard someone call it gold, which made me feel slightly better for a bit until I saw what actual gold looks like next to it in someone's signature and realized it was 100% orange, not gold at all xD

Persimmon, Ddmkm122, Crawkid and 2 others like this.
  14. CrunchySharpie

CrunchySharpie A wild Bowsette appeared!

Hey it looks like a dark gold to me on Blackened-Green so, eh, I'll call it gold if you want me to?

Edit:
    Label it as "Hooker College Fund" And no one will ever know...

15. Dakkaface

Dakkaface Magical Defender of Justice

*brofist for using Blackend Green* I really like the theme, but the donator green shows poorly compared to subscriber orange on it.

16. Datcord

Datcord Giggling menace

I read that as "Backend Green" for the first five or six seconds and was thinking "Wow... QQ has REAL dedication to their milieu!"

...and now I'm saddened and a little disappointed.

17. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

I put in $50.

18. WeeboBlue

WeeboBlue Getting sticky.

I also think that Cambrians mention of finding it hard to locate the upgrade/donation link is valid, might want to make it a little easier to see/locate so that you don't have to worry about donations a couple of years down the line.

That being said I have donated the amount I think is related to the time spent visiting this site, lifetime works for me.

Ddmkm122 and ShadowStepper1300 like this.
  19. tehelgee

The link to it is in the menu that appears when you mouse over your name at the top of the page, under Account Upgrades.

20. WeeboBlue

WeeboBlue Getting sticky.

Yeah I know that, but a link/button if a member/visitor ever wanted to donate us might be more visible than seeing it amongst the 17 other bundled links and be (hopefully) easy to implement in the website and help prevent any funding problems happening in the future. Just feelings and all that baloney and I could be wrong but I just wanna keep this site running for a while with no problems.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  21. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

In relation to this, could you perhaps just outright change "account upgrade" into "donations"? Seems more obvious.

22. subsider34

subsider34 Versed in the lewd.

The "Account Upgrade" name and location is standardized across XenForo forums. You'll find it in the same place, with the same name, on every XenForo forum that allows you to upgrade your account. Changing it would just cause confusion and, worse, add a needless code differences between the software on this forum and XenForo Standard. Just another thing they'd have to remember to maintain and keep consistent.

EDIT: Also, looks like Account Upgrades is a built-in system page so changing it would likely cause all sorts of problems and incompatibilities.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Ddmkm122, Walkir, january1may and 2 others like this.
  23. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

What was yesterday's upgrade about?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  24. tehelgee

Just a software update to the newest version of Xenforo.

Ddmkm122 and Walkir like this.
  25. Persimmon

Persimmon Fruity

Hey, I have $21.66 remaining on an Visa Vanilla Gift card. How would I give it to you guys?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  26. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

I'mma gonna let tehelgee field this one... XD

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  27. Datcord

Datcord Giggling menace

I... just... the irony there is so... DELICIOUS.

28. tehelgee

I'm not sure, actually. I don't know if PayPal plays well with gift cards.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  29. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

FWIW, when I used my Vanilla gift card to buy a non-reoccurring upgrade on SV**, PayPal accepted it with no question*. I haven't looked at what (if any) upgrades QQ offers, so I don't know if that's a workable option here.

* This is, of course, the point of Vanilla gift cards.
    ** Of reasonable note is that the upgrade I bought I paid a lump sum for -- I believe it was $25. In this case, lump sum $25 wouldn't work for you guys.

30. tehelgee

Not true. We have lump sum options in the form of donations.

Ddmkm122 and ShadowStepper1300 like this.