1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Ziz [Worm SI!Simurgh]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TCGM, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Calamity

Calamity Know what you're doing yet?

Aww yissss.

This is gonna result in them WISHING this was a regular smurf-attack, isn't it?

2. Jordisk

Jordisk Versed in the lewd.

O...K...? Someone is excited for the Smurf getting proper screen time, apparently.

Par Tzu likes this.
  3. Nightmare723764

Nightmare723764 I HAVE BECOME THE HORNI HORSE!

Sorry. This is only the second fic I've read where Ziz isn't ziz-ifying everyone. Besides who doesn't like trolls?

Par Tzu, january1may and Jordisk like this.
  4. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

Just one thing; Ziz is nowhere near 8 stories tall, she is 8 feet tall. Around 15 with her wings. Now, back to give the rest of the story a try.

Par Tzu and Prince Charon like this.
  5. TRm

TRm Connoisseur.

In canon the Simurgh is described as a 15 foot tall woman, as in the woman part is that size and the wings add to that... still what you said is a lot closer than 15 stories

6. TCGM

TCGM (Unverified God/Space Snek)

And that's what matters. No matter how badly Taylor wants to make her own head explode, fluffy floofy wing hugs make everything better.

Fluffy wing hugs are in the plans. Welcome to my shenanigans!

Yup.

It's AU. I can't take a 15 foot tall city and people destroyer seriously. All the Endbringers are bigger. And it's only eight stories.

TheYearningKerbal and Par Tzu like this.
  7. snthsnth

snthsnth Versed in the lewd.

This is the first time I've ever wanted Navi to be an endbringer. Just to find out how terrifying that would be.

Honestly though, even Behemoth's 45 feet is at the point where it feels pointless to try to beat it with human sized opponents. Just scaling Ziz up to that size would be enough without making it feel like you need an Evangelion to even try. Ziz (from the depictions I've heard at least) also tends to surround herself with orbiting rubble, giving her a sort of Poison Ivy in the heart of a plant monster look.

8. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

DC Doomsday is a city and planet destroyer without being 15 feet tall.

Cubbyhb1, Ack and january1may like this.
  9. Jordisk

Jordisk Versed in the lewd.

Doomsday would take longer to destroy a planet, and can be beaten by properly prepared defenders. A better example would be DC's Darkseid, as he is a 7 foot tall, mind controlling world destroyer, with a kill aura. Basically Ziz plus Bemmy in a near-human sized body.

10. Nihilo

Nihilo Versed in the lewd.

This is glorious.

All that sweet, sweet chaos.

Consider yourself watched.

I can already tell that the reaction interludes will be a joy to read.

TheYearningKerbal, TCGM and Ack like this.
  11. Musical Blue

Musical Blue But where is the Boom?

My two cents on the whole size debate.
    To me, it seems like the author is of the opinion that the Endbringers are right in between being small enough to feel like a unstoppable nightmare (Doomsday, Superman, etc.) and large enough that it seems impossible for something that freaking massive to even exist (Godzilla, Smaug, Galactus) .
    Pokemon example: In the anime Groudon is depicted as massive (think fake Groudon from Jirachi movie). In the games, Groudon is exactly 11 feet and 6 inches. It simply feels more right for Groudon to be massive given how he created landmasses and such.

tl;dr its a matter of perspective really.

Par Tzu, TCGM, ltmauve and 1 other person like this.
  12. snthsnth

snthsnth Versed in the lewd.

I think you may have mistaken someone else for the author. All TCGM has stated on the matter is that he can't take a 15 foot tall city destroyer seriously, so he made all the Endbringers bigger.

13. Musical Blue

Musical Blue But where is the Boom?

Fair enough, and likely correct. Just my opinion on it though. I don't care too much about the size.

14. SonOfNenji

SonOfNenji Bemused Monkey

How will Ziz give Taylor floofy wing hugs if she's 15 stories tall?

You make me so sad.

15. Magical Kiro-chan

Magical Kiro-chan Padoru except Sumireko is kind of a dick

I did not know I needed troll self-zizsert in my life. Now I do.
    I can already taste Piggot & Costa-Brown's sweet, sweet despair at the fact that one of the Endbringers is now fully committed to doing the most ridiculous shit it-she?- can think of.

TheYearningKerbal and TCGM like this.
  16. Nihilo

Nihilo Versed in the lewd.

You got it mixed up.

She's 15 feet tall in canon. And 8 stories tall in this AU.

Par Tzu and Ack like this.
  17. badger.black

badger.black Drunken Woodland Mammal

You just need to try hard enough is all! And I suppose be really careful not to hurt Taylor. But in the end it just means more floofy wings to wrap around Taylor!

18. Covertslaughter

Covertslaughter You just can't spell slaughter without laughter. Gone for Good

I can't stop laughing oh this is gonna be comedy gold.
    I approve of this ship.

19. Threadmarks: Omake - Winged Taylor Hugs
    badger.black

badger.black Drunken Woodland Mammal

I also approve of this ship. And since I am kinda (read: rather quite) drunk you get this. Not at all proof read or even looked a second time, straight from the depraved mind of a badger:

A WRITEY THING!

Taylor stood frozen, neck straining as she stared up at the porcelain, winged woman standing towering over her. She had suffered her way through yet another day at Winslow, managed to get through it suffering only the usual insults and snide remarks instead of any substantial bullying. A rather tame and almost enjoyable day compared to some of the others. And then walking out through the front doors, free for a few short and glorious hours until she had to subject herself to the general horrors of Winslow again, she had come face to knee with perhaps the most terrifying of all the Endbringers.

“Of fucking course. My day was almost going pleasantly. Why do I even hope…” Taylor snarked in the face of her almost certain death at being at ground zero of an Endbringer attack, any notion of any other response was frozen in fear.

And then with a sudden ruffle of feathers, and an embarrassing squeak she would never admit to, Taylor found herself wrapped up in strong but careful arms and a dizzying amount of shockingly soft white feathers. It was a moment later that her brain came back online to try and make sense of the snuggling that the fucking Simurgh was giving her, a soothing humm of a tune that seemed to cut through the warbling pitch of the Endbringer sirens coming from the Endbringer who had her wrapped up in its wings.

“What in the everloving fuck?” Taylor muttered, confused and mostly convinced she was either asleep in class and this was a bad dream, or Emma and company had conspired with some of the less scrupulous of Winslow to drug her and this was a bad trip.

“You looked like you needed a good hug. So I came down to give you one!” A soft and melodious voice said and Taylor craned her head back to find the normally dispassionate face of the Simurgh giving her a soft smile. The engine of destruction almost looked rather cute with some sort of real expression on her face.

And at that point Taylor decided to throw out all care, bad dream or bad trip this was the first real gesture of care or love she had gotten in way too long and she was going to bask in its warm and floofy embrace. Even if she happened to come by it by being cradled against an Endbringer’s chest. The wings were seriously soft!

(Note I just now remembered that Ziz is supposed to be taller then her 15 something foot canon size in this particular story. Oops. Just go with it.)

Hopefully that will do until author graces us with some floofy-winged hugs done properly!

I'm out!

20. Covertslaughter

Covertslaughter You just can't spell slaughter without laughter. Gone for Good

Well endbringers store their mass throughout dimensions right couldn't you make it work by having her shift it inward or more into one and shrink
    P.s you aren't the only one drunk

!Renzie0, Acerrrr12, Eyemore and 6 others like this.
  21. TCGM

A blue Endbringer? We shall see won't we ;)

Yes, true, but if you scale them up higher then you can build giant robots to fight them. And everyone loves giant robots.

Look, I wanna fight a giant robot as a flying winged woman, okay?

Musical Blue nailed it. Small enough to have Hidden Inner Power (TM) and break normal human expectations and large enough to require Yaegers are my bounds. Inside that, my suspension of disbelief falls flat.

Welcome! :D
    The more floof the better I say. The girl deserves it.

One of the only better things than the tears of your enemies is the absolute confusion and despair of your nominal allies.

Ziz/Taylor.

Hmm....

Perhaps.

I hope you don't mind that this is A. Quite soon after this post of mine going to be an Omake and B. Might be used as inspiration for the actual scene in the story. It's good. And pretty accurate to how I want it to go. ^_^

That is so much simpler than my solution I was thinking of using. I shall see which one I end up using.

Posting CH2 after this post!

22. Threadmarks: Chapter 2 - Confusion, Defiance, and Dickery
    TCGM

A/N: Thanks to Saphire on the Taylor Varga Discord for advice and comments! Sorry for the rather short chapter, I had to cut a scene for... reasons.

I Am Ziz
    Chapter 2
    Confusion, Defiance, and Dickery

Three hours later I'm still standing on the bay. Nobody has approached me except Legend, who's just been watching me with confusion. I've been trolling the shit out of him by watching him right back, spinning around to face him at all times.

Dragon has frankly lost her shit trying to figure me out. Alexandria's still unconscious (I didn't hit her at all! Give me a break!) and Eidolon has limped back from the home run punt I gave him.

To Colorado.

Like I said earlier, Whoops.

He's hovering far off, confused and frustrated. His shard has been trying to control me this whole time, to get me to fight him, and despite him hitting me with what I think were gravity beams through the tickles, I've done nothing more than glare at him.

Frankly, everyone is confused to hell and it is making Ziz and I laugh our asses off in my mind.

Eventually Legend finally relents. He comes closer to my face despite the warning screams from his Dragon armband and looks me in the eyes.

I shock him by grinning.

“Can you understand me?” he asks, hesitantly. He's ready to fire everything he has in a last ditch attempt at doing me in.

I smirk and wiggle my eyebrows. “Well your accent is a little weird, but you are speaking your world's primary human language. It would be rather stupid of me not to learn that, don't you think?

Wow. My voice has a raw power inherent in the qualities, along with practically oozing raw sensuality. Ziz laughs and says it's because of her Scream ability.

Legend almost falls from the sky with surprise. Eidolon flinches. Thousands if not millions of gasps ring out from Brockton bay, along with a whole lot of people covering their ears in an attempt to protect against a Scream that's not even running right now. Nevermind that the ‘Scream’ is tele-frakking-pathic and doesn't actually use their ears.

“You can speak?!” Dragon shrieks from Legend's armband.

I shrug my shoulders. Everyone except me flinches. “Always been able to.

Legend recovers enough to glare at me. I raise an eyebrow. He clears his throat. “Alright, I'm going to just come out and ask; why do you attack?”

Yup. Not letting this joke opportunity go.

I thought you were already out of the closet?” I innocently ask. No hesitation.

A now literally heated glare is what I get for my teasing efforts.

Don’t wanna have fun with the engine of destruction, I see how it is. My pout would give Legend a run for his namesake money.

The flying disco ball crosses his arms and glares harder. With a revengeance.

I roll my eyes and sigh. “Fiiine,” I capitulate, a petulant whine accompanying my word.

What? I’m a girl now. I get to whine, pout, and be obstinately petulant. It’s a thing.

Respect the thing!

Still, though, what he’s asked surprises me. “An Endbringer shows up on your doorstep without looking for a fight and the first question you ask is why? Not ‘please don't hurt us’, ‘oh god why’ or ‘let me live!’?” I ask incredulously.

Legend opens his mouth to respond, closes it, opens it, closes it again, then finally figures out what he has to say. “You're not looking for a fight?”

:I did not have a choice. Tell him.:

I frown at Ziz’s request, shrug, and shake my head. “None of us are. Up until now I had no choice.

Legend does his fish imitation again.

Trolling is fantastically entertaining, I toss over at Ziz.

:It is the only way I did not go insane: she replies in agreement.

Speaking of idiots, is that... Dadversary? Doing what I think he’s going to do in the very near future?

:Yes:, she says, using all four wings plus her hands to perform a sextuple facepalm.

I grin widely, locking my eyes on him. Well now, this’ll be fun.

Before Legend can respond, and just as he did in the future which is now this moment, Eidolon crashes into me at high speed.

Instead of letting it do anything to me like Ziz was required to, I don't even flinch. All the velocity of the idiot is bled off into other dimensions and I uncaringly glance down at where the nearly completely immobile moron is pushing against me. “Okay I knew you were stupid, Dadversary, but not this stupid.

There. He wants to attack me anyways even if I'm peaceful right now? I'll bury him in a PR nightmare. He deserves it anyways for what he's done to Ziz and her siblings.

No, punting him to Colorado didn’t count as remotely enough revenge. Maybe a few thousand of those and forcing him to walk back. MAYBE.

Ziz has now pulled up a wide-screen TV to watch the entertainment. I even provide mental popcorn.

Everything is silent. The comms are quiet. The screams of terror and roars of rage from the capes who came to fight me are not present. Legend stares at me, mouth dropped and horrified.

Eidolon stops pushing me and looks up, angry as hell. “DAD?!” he demands.

I scowl down in his direction. “Yeah, as in father,” I almost literally spit at him. I make sure there's a lot of emphasis on the utter distaste for that word applied to him.

He growls, rising away from me given how his pushing is ineffective. “You are a monster,” he fires off, “and certainly not a child of mine.”

Ah. Telepathy is neat to experience. There's the doubt. A faint niggling in the back of his mind. It flows outward from him, obvious to anyone capable of picking up the signal. I use a combination of scanning his thoughts and parsing future paths in a clumsy imitation of the winged pseudo-goddess I have in the copilot seat to determine what exactly would damage him the most. Just a bit further… ah. There it is.

Even leads to paths to free the others. My… siblings.

And isn’t that a weird thought.

The Endbringers are now my siblings.

Huh.

I’m an Endbringer.

:Not Endbringer. Conflict Engine.:

Neat.

Regardless, I put my hasty and clumsy plan into place. Ziz sends the feeling of maternalistic pride to me, like a parent watching their kid accomplish something that really shouldn’t be impressed by, but it’s their kid so the fact they managed to pull it off is what is impressive.

My response back to her is one of simultaneous amusement and a deadpan stare.

The plan almost controls my body with how instinctive following Ziz’s future sight, once a path is selected, happens to be. With her helping me, that is; without her guidance so much would go wrong it’s not even funny.

Okay, it’s actually a little funny.

I incline my head, grin, and even use a light telepathic illusion to make my eyes slightly glow. “Wrong. I, and my siblings, are tests. Weapons. We aren't supposed to attack. We're supposed to be optional. Designed to be bosses in the video game… certain entities have made of your world,” I correct him. My stressing of certain words is supposed to inform him, and according to the future sight will do so, of the fact I know of Cauldron.

The widening of his eyes shows he does indeed know what I'm referring to. Gotta be careful with this future sight thing or I could become completely dependent on it like a certain sky waifu, I think warningly to myself.

Ziz is surprised at my use of the term, looks it up in my Library, and scowls at me in my mind while crossing her arms.

:I am not a wife.:

You are totally a waifu and you know it.

:No! I am not matrimonially bound. I am not even human.:

...Check what waifu means a couple more times.

She does so. The pale cheeks of her mental avatar go beet red.

:I AM NOT A WAIFU!:

Yes you are.

:NO!:

Oooh, yes, you most certainly are. Her Unholyness Of Feathers is the best waifu after Earth herself.

Ziz’s eye twitches and she crosses her arms, pouting.

My mental avatar smirks. Even more of a waifu now.

:I AM NOT. A. WAIFU!:

Lalalalala I caaannn’t heeeaaar yooouuu!

:NOT. WAIFU.:

I turn my attention away from the fuming Ziz, back to the real world, with a final parting shot. Suuure.

Outwardly I slightly nod at Eidolon and continue. “However, your world never reached that stage. We weren't supposed to be deployed. Hell we didn't even exist, except as potential, until your power, one none of your species should ever be given, pulled us into being. And because you needed a challenge, Dadversary, my siblings and I have been literally forced to kill millions of you, forced to attack every three months. I'm free of that control now. My siblings aren't. Now if you're done trying to get out of being the ultimate abusive father, I have things to fix, people to repair, and amends to attempt. Go fuck yourself.

I turn away from a white faced Eidolon to address the disco ball known as Legend. “Any other stupid questions? Or do you want an all expenses paid trip to Colorado too?

23. JammyASDFG

JammyASDFG Getting out there.

Well I think the world is about to have a panic attack and Eidolon is going to have to escape to a different world to be safe.

Also I knew I recognised your name when you joined the discord server but couldn't remember where from. Hello from Jamie

24. TCGM

Hi! I hailed you on the Discord too.

!Renzie0, Ironwolf, Ajlove and 4 others like this.
  25. TheYearningKerbal

TheYearningKerbal It's probably a Simurgh plot, you know.

Contessa : PANIC
    Tattletale: PANIC
    Travellers: PANIC
    This can only end in tears. Or in some Ziz hugs. I approve.

26. Sagely Hijinks

Sagely Hijinks A Man of Culture

Eidolon: PANIC
    Zizzy: :I AM NOT A WAIFU:

27. Dragonson

Dragonson Lost in the dark

yes you are my fine feathered friend. yes you are. Just like Earth chan.

28. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Ziz is best Waifu and the sooner she admits it the better off she'll be.

29. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

Hehehe, you are acting like a petulant teenage girl. It's fun.

Zeus, Par Tzu, TCGM and 1 other person like this.
  30. TuringComplete

TuringComplete Not too sore, are you?

You say that as if there were other valid choices.