1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Ziz [Worm SI!Simurgh]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TCGM, Feb 5, 2018.

1. badger.black

badger.black Drunken Woodland Mammal

Yes you are! Right up there with the bestest of Waifus! Silly Ziz.

Yeah, it was kinda early for such things. The idea of floofy-winged hugs and too much delicious whisky sours drove me to it. Kinda amazed that spell check managed to make that legible and I was using coherent sentences at all with how deep in the cups I was. But in my defense it takes very little to get me giggling about Ziz trolling people and likely inserting her majestic Endbringerness into Taylor's life. This time I happened to be too drunk to not shove the result of my depraved brain and waaaay too much giggling for a man my age into some deep, dark hole never to be seen by the likes of anyone. No more drinking and QQ for me!

That mess aside, I am loving this so very much. Watching Dadversary get shutdown like that always makes me smile, and all that info you just dumped on them is going to cause so much delicious trouble. Oh, and the snark between you and the now mental-avatar Ziz (?) is amazing. I love that Ziz is still there in the back of the SI's head offering advice, and motherly feels of pride at the SI's accomplishments. I may have also had to choke down a few giggles and gotten an odd look or two from the other guys sitting around the office. Honest, I am a real adult doing adult work guys...

Honestly I love this so very much and can't wait for more!

2. RageKnight

RageKnight My heresy senses are tingling

I wish someone told that this was on QQ too and not just FF.net. I had so my jokes to crack for the first chapter.

Ack and TCGM like this.
  3. TCGM

TCGM (Unverified God/Space Snek)

Crack them away! ^_^

Par Tzu and Ack like this.
  4. Subrosian Smithy

Subrosian Smithy Lady of the Mysteries

What the heck happened to her?

Alexandria's Thinker powers don't involve any precog or even any Thinker headaches AFAIK, there's no reason I can think of for her to deal with interference from another Thinker.

5. RageKnight

RageKnight My heresy senses are tingling

I don't remember them :'(

TCGM and skelo like this.
  6. Covertslaughter

Covertslaughter You just can't spell slaughter without laughter. Gone for Good

So my idea on size was good anyways have fun with this
    And know I will not stop shipping

TCGM likes this.
  7. Jordisk

Jordisk Versed in the lewd.

Alexandria's powers include an in-built affinity for Cold-Reading. What Zizert was doing, was cycling through a couple of billion actions that she MIGHT take within a second, to the point where Alexandria got a headache simply because a Human is not designed to process information that quickly.

The big, interesting thing about Alexandria's powers, is that the body that "Alexandria" uses is basically an weaker version of an Endbringer, excepting a need to breath. So long as she is still breathing, her mind is hosted by her shard. There is a little if-than statement that says something along the lines of "Host Operator Ego as sub-instance. If Avatar ceases breathing, then Purge sub-instance." She can't get Tinker-headaches the normal way, but she can have her sub-instance shut down when it blue-screens.

8. Subrosian Smithy

Alexandria fundamentally can't process that much information, but it couldn't give her a headache.

She can't process that amount of information because even if Ziz was broadcasting body language and tells, Alexandria doesn't have the sense bandwidth and reaction times to distinguish changes in body language across a billionth of a second; the information would be throttled by her sense bandwidth before it ever entered her visual cortex.

This is like saying that a screen with one thousand frames per second could give an ordinary human a headache, because humans can't process information that quickly. That's not how it works. Excess information simply doesn't reach the brain, because it can't pass through the sensory organs.

9. Jordisk

Images switching too fast HAVE been known to cause seizures in humans. Because of Alexandria's differences and thinker powers, everything from perfect recall to enhanced cognition, she basically had a seizure without being able to properly do so, and was knocked unconscious by the resulting blue-screen. She probably didn't see all one billion possible motions, but even seeing a thousand of them, or five hundred of them, which is potentially possible with her abilities, could have blue-screened her. The images don't even have to consciously register, provided she is skilled enough at cold reading and has that training as automatic and subconscious, for the same reason that subliminal messaging works.

Overall, while it is UNLIKELY that Alexandria would blue screen, Zizert could potentially cause it, and it seems like the most likely explanation.

10. Subrosian Smithy

So you're saying Alexandria has photosensitive epilepsy?

11. Jordisk

It is possible to cause seizures in ANYONE using that technique. Epilepsy just makes it easier.

12. Kektus

Kektus (Semi-Verified Ghûl) (Unverified Lurker)

I started giggling after the "fuck off I got shit to do"

13. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

I just ... no.

Now you're using an analogy for one thing to justify something else happening to Alexandria.

Yes, Alexandria can cold-read. No, she's not Tattletale. Also, cold-reading doesn't work like that. Cold-readers have to observe the target for 30 seconds to a minute just to get a baseline. Even if she gets half a dozen different opposing reads, the most she's gonna do is think "She's fucking with me".

14. TCGM

I will say that likening Alexandria's KO to a BSOD is on the right track. Off the mark, but on the right track.

15. TRm

TRm Connoisseur.

Sorry for commenting on a past topic but I ended up thinking about this and wanted to share my own thoughts.

On the topic of Endbringer size, I personally like the canon sizes precisely because of how wrong they seem; Behemoth towers of people but doesn't cover they skyline, Leviathan can seemingly disappear if you aren't paying close enough attention and Ziz looks human and is big enough to smash the uncanny valley button but not so much that it can be rationalized.

Once something reaches past a certain size, it strikes the human mind as ridiculous in a way that is easier to make sense of. Ziz being that size was in its own way enough to fuck with someone's mind due to how seemingly wrong her appearance was.

The bigger size actually makes things harder for the Endbringer to have the same kind of impact they have in canon; for example, Canon-Leviathan's size meant that, after a minor distraction, it could disappear into the city and become an unseen threat that could strike at almost any nearby target with no real warning. (remember how big a deal it was that Skitter's could sense where Leviathan's location?)

Big-Leviathan would be more imposing, probably be stronger, likely summon more water as it moved, and still have the same kind of speed, but it actually seems a lot less troublesome to try and fight due to that increased causing less confusion, being an easier target and having an easier to deal with kind of psychological effect.

(again, sorry about the old topic)

Cubbyhb1, Par Tzu, zuzyZubat and 4 others like this.
  16. TCGM

Yeah, but giant robot battles.

DelerpTurtle, Par Tzu, Ack and 2 others like this.
  17. Xiosdestro11

Xiosdestro11 Versed in the lewd.

Nuff said

Par Tzu and TCGM like this.
  18. TRm

TRm Connoisseur.

Giant Robot Battles* are cool but it does mean that people are more in awe of the Endbringers than they are actually fear/mindfuckery inducing... on the other hand at least this way the Fallen make a lot more sense

* (you forgot the capitalization)

though as an AU element, it easy enough to explain as Eidolon being a fan of anime/sentai/Japanese monster movies, though that would cause a different perspective on the sinking of Kyushu

Par Tzu and Ack like this.
  19. Jordisk

"How dare you cancel Dadverary's favorite anime! To the bottom of the sea with you!" - Leviathan before the sinking of Kyushu, probably.

20. Ruy

Ruy Know what you're doing yet?

Wait what date is it? Can we pass as Taylors trigger( ñand give the Trio and Winslow a collective heart-attack)?

Par Tzu likes this.
  21. Nihilo

Nihilo Versed in the lewd.

No need for feigning being a power.

Ziz just needs to swoop down and cuddle Tay-Tay. Maybe also glare some at the trio and Winslow. That should have the same effect.

22. Jordisk

We should also do some targeted Telepathy. Make Amy be willing to use her power, and not be crushing on Victoria. Get Carol some therapy, like seriously. Make Calvert kill himself, complete with tearful tell-all suicide note. Turn down the smug on Lisa, and have her befriend Taylor. Have Piggot get healed by Panacea. And do it all without the scream so no one knows. except maybe the PRT with its MSP, and the friends of the victims.

Par Tzu, Zeushobbit and Ack like this.
  23. SonOfNenji

SonOfNenji Bemused Monkey

I much prefer making everyone extremely paranoid and seeing Zizplots everywhere myself.

Also, trolling PHO. :p

24. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Why not do both?

25. Jordisk

I thought that was a given. I was making suggestions for the ACTUAL Ziz Plots, rather than the random 4th-dimensional warp fuckery that Ziz-sert can and will do.

26. MudkipSage

MudkipSage Versed in the lewd.

Everyone is a little girl, on the inside.
    We just bury it in seriousness, social norms, and responsibility.

27. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Gotta admit, my first reaction would be to look for an Orange Lantern ring.

28. Xero Key

Xero Key Well worn.

Really, any Lantern Ring. Most Lantern SI's copy "With this Ring" in the intro.

29. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

I'm only suited to Orange, Red, and Indigo. And I've read far more Orange Lantern than the others.

30. fadingMelody

fadingMelody (Verified Chaos Priestess)

I am so glad I found this, although I'm slightly disappointed it's not in the NSFW section :p

Either way, instantly tracked the thread, and I am eagerly awaiting updates. This is better than gold.

(And I direct you all to my signature. SHE'S MINE, I TELL YOU! MINE!)

Par Tzu, january1may and Dvm999 like this.