1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Time Wars (Original)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Time_Wars_QM, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Time_Wars_QM

Time_Wars_QM Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Hello! Welcome to the first installment of Time Wars an original quest set in the early 2090's. I have quested this on the 4chan quest board with moderate success, but I decided to bring it to different sites. I'm not the most familiar with this site, so ill be using the rules I set in the 4chan thread.

Story:

You play as Thomas Murray, a researcher or military guard who is employed at a secret government research facility in the Mojave desert. The rest will be told once you vote on your first choice.

This will be a choose-your-own adventure quest where you all vote on what to do.

Some rules:
    1: 15 minute vote, 3 votes minimum
    2: Im not sure if you have a die code on this forum, as I couldn't find it, but here's the rules for dice rolling: When prompted, all die roles will be D100. Only first 3 correctly rolled die count, best of the 3 wins. 1-5 is crit fails, 90-100 crit success, anything in between will have to meet or be above the threshold that I will decide based on the encounter.
    3: Write-ins are both allowed and encouraged. But you will need to vote.
    4: I can change any of the above rules at any time.
    5: Have fun

Your first vote: Will you be a researcher? Or a military guard? [​IMG]

Expo Onethousandone likes this.
  2. shanagan

shanagan Versed in the lewd.

researcher

Time_Wars_QM likes this.
  3. Time_Wars_QM

Time_Wars_QM Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

You have picked researcher. Good choice.
    ----------
    The day starts off like any other, with you waking up late.

"Shit..." You mutter groggily as you put on your khakis and lab coat, typical scientist garb. You place your level 3 clearance badge over your neck as you rush out of your dorm.
    ---------
    The hallways of the facility are filled with armed guards and researchers rushing to their various posts, nothing seems out of the ordinary. As you pass the dining hall, You decide to skip breakfast and get to the lab. You run through the door, not even waiting for the "ding" of the card reader. You find yourself in a large hanger, the largest building in the whole site, and farthest from the entrance. You walk in, greeted by your stern faced supervisor, who is not happy.

"Your late, Thomas." He says, not even looking at you. "We had to start the preliminary tests on the experiment without you." You look past him, watching the giant machine pulse with blue light. A hazmat suited researcher writes on a clipboard as he enters a door to the machine.

Choice time: (You may combine two)
    1: Apologize for being late
    2: Make a snarky comment
    3: Ask about the machine
    4: Say nothing and start on your work
    5: Write-in what you want to say.

4. wasprider

wasprider Experienced.

Thank you for posting.

This is a much slower moving board than pretty much any board on 4chan, and you've posted in the SFW section, which is even slower moving. 15 minutes is not going to be enough if you want high participation.

There is a die roller on this forum, you access it by pressing the Roll Dice link after you post. If you edit the roll, it will say that the roll has been tampered with.

Choice time:
    1 & 3

WargWolf likes this.
  5. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

If you want the speed of a chan-style board, try anonkun/fiction.live

Here's a link.