1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fangs & Fur (vampire/werewolf romance)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Cyberweasel89, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Threadmarks: Day 0: Intro
    Cyberweasel89

Cyberweasel89 Smol Mustelid

Day 0: Intro

There are things that go bump in the night. Vampires, bloodsucking beings of the dark. Werewolves, bestial beings of the moonlight. They have lived alongside humans for as long as human history has been recorded.

However, times are changing. While humans have unified governments, vampires are a scattered band of noble houses under a single council of elders, and werewolves maintain fiercely independent packs. Technology is on the rise. Humans are so much weaker than vampires and werewolves, but with their guns and organization, they have the firepower to back up their threats.

Thus, the government of the United States of America issued a warning to all werewolf packs and vampire clans within its borders: Make peace, or else.

The clans and packs responded in various ways, but some saw the wisdom in this. Humans were growing in power and the only way to avoid a war they may lose may just be to work with the humans. But vampires and werewolves had been at each other's throats since the dawn of time. How to make peace?

Pendleton Bloodworth, alpha of the largest werewolf pack in Oregon, and Elizabeth Von Helson, matriarch of the most influential vampire clan in Oregon, thought of a way. Pendleton would offer one of his omegas, Genndy Bloodworth, for an arranged marriage. Elizabeth would similarly offer one of her wards, Robert Von Helson, for this proposal.

Of course, if the two couldn't make a marriage work, the plan to use them to bring peace to their warring tribes could very well fail, no doubt worsening the race relationships. Thus, Pendleton and Elizabeth made a plan.

Starting on June 1st of 2018, Genndy would spend one month living in the Von Helson manor with one guest of her choice. At the end of this month, Robert would then spend one month living among the Bloodworth pack with a guest of his choice in return. After the two months are up, the two would be married. The alpha and matriarch can only pray that in these two months, their children will come to grow fond of each other.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  2. Threadmarks: Day 1: Arrival
    Cyberweasel89

Day 1: Arrival

There was something odd about rushing through the forest and not feeling the wind blowing through her fur. She'd spent so long chasing prey and running wild in these forests that to do so outside her beast form was just unnatural. Instead, she was riding on a horse, seated behind her Alpha.

Yes, her Alpha explained it to her. They were to meet the Von Helsons outside their manor and unfortunately, those stuck up vampires wouldn't appreciate them arriving in beast form and shifting back to human form with all that skin showing. Of course, that's not how Alpha described it, but he might as well have. Such a silly thing, to find offense at one's natural state. Genndy found it so strange, so uptight. But when Alpha told an omega to do something, that omega obeyed. Thus Genndy was dressed in a white tank top, a pair of worn blue jeans, and some leather boots. Alpha also insisted she bring changes of clothes, which were packed and being carried by other horses. All of Alpha's top betas had accompanied them, including her pack brother Hersch. She felt secure and honored with so many coming to accompany a lowly omega like her, even if she wasn't happy with this situation.

Marrying a vampire. And not just any vampire, a vampire of the Von Helson clan. In the past, the tribes feuded over territory innumerable times. Now she was to marry not a member of her pack, but a lowly bloodsucker. Arrogant, prim, and proper. Well, she supposed Alpha had a point in choosing her. She was the lowest ranking and youngest in the pack, after all.

"My child."

She perked up at the sound of her Alpha addressing her. He did not look at her. He did not need to, even if he weren't watching the path as he rode his black and white mottled mare. When your Alpha spoke, you listened.

"Your stay at the Von Helson manor will be trying, but please... For the good of not just your pack, but all lycanthropes, please try to get along with these vampires. They desire peace for the good of their kind as well. Do not start trouble. This is not an order from your Alpha, but a request. Do this as a personal favor to me, my daughter," he said.

The Alpha of the Bloodworth Pack looked as he should as an alpha. His shoulders were broad, his muscles were thick, he stood tall. He had just a touch of silver in his hair but no sign of any baldness. He looked middle aged, but a middle-aged man who clearly took care of himself and aged well. He'd looked like that for all the twenty years she'd known him and he always would.

"Yes, Alpha," Genndy said, nodding. Her arms were wrapped around her Alpha's toned chest. His scent was comforting. Musky, manly. He was a patriarch, a father to his pack. An alpha.

Genndy and her Alpha remained silent the rest of the way. An omega of her level did not speak to her Alpha unless spoken to first. Not unless the tone of the situation indicated she could speak freely.

It was long before the tree coverage thinned. They soon found a dirt road and followed it to a large clearing. The Douglas fir trees gave way to a compound surrounded by stone walls with wrought iron fences atop it. A group of seven met them at the front gate of the estate, standing in the shadow of a nearby tree, the iron door as imposing as the fence. Five smelled of vampires, two of humans. Genndy had heard that the Von Helsons kept human servants for their blood... She wasn't sure how to feel about that.

The human maid and butler stood on opposite sides, at the end of the line of people. The butler was in his twilight years but looked distinguished. The maid was matronly, being quite overweight and seeming to be middle-aged. Between them were the five vampires.

Next to the maid on the left was a redheaded woman with green eyes, wearing a little black dress. Combined with her full-body freckles, the ginger might have been Irish. Next to her was a man in his last twenties, in a beige three-piece suit and with slicked-back hair. He was smirking, a gold tooth visible in his mouth. He looked Hispanic.

Next to the butler on the right was a man who looked to be in his fifties. He was balding, overweight, and wearing a dark green waistcoat over a white dress shirt and pinstripe gray slacks.

In the center was a little girl. She was dressed in a frilly, white, layered black and white dress, which combined with her stockings, shoes, and small hat, looked very gothic lolita. Her hair was brunette and very curly, reaching down to her ankles, while her eyes were a crimson red, same as the other vampires save for the ginger.

Next to her, between the balding man and her, was a young man who looked no older than eighteen. Compared to the people with him, he was dressed very casually. Forest camo cargo pants, worn red sneakers. His blue hooded sweatshirt was left open, revealing an off-white wifebeater. The hood was up, barely concealing his short, shaggy red hair. He was gazing at a handheld gaming device, his thumbs dancing across the buttons, clearly not paying attention. He looked very out of place, playing his game while everyone else stood at attention in a dignified manner.

As the horses reared to a stop, her Alpha hopped off his steed, graciously offering Genndy a boost off the mount with hands upon her waist. The five betas also dismounted their horses, walking forward to line up and meet the Von Helsons before them. Genndy noted that her Alpha was standing opposite the little girl in the center, while she was standing opposite the teenage boy.

"Pendleton Bloodworth. It's a pleasure to finally meet you in person. You're older than I expected from our phone calls," the little girl greeted. She proceeded to smoothly transition into a curtsy. "I am Elizabeth Von Helson, matriarch of the Von Helson clan."

"Oh, stop yanking our chains!" Genndy winced as one of the betas snarled. "Where's the real Elizabeth Von Hel-"

"Silence." Their Alpha's strong, commanding voice silenced her immediately. "I can assure you, though she appears to be a small child, she is indeed Elizabeth Von Helson, and she is even older than myself." That caused the betas to murmur amongst themselves, but a raised hand from their Alpha silenced them again.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you face to face, Lady Von Helson. I presume the young vampire next to you is my daughter's betrothed?" Pendleton asked, glancing at the young man tapping away at his handheld gaming device.

"Indeed. Robert, greet your fiance and future Alpha-in-law, please." When Robert made no motion to do so, the little vampire sighed.

Genndy blinked... and next thing she knew, Elizabeth was standing in the same spot, only holding Robert's handheld gaming device. It happened so suddenly, the young man didn't even notice he wasn't holding a gaming device anymore. Snarling and showing his fangs, the vampire turned to his matriarch.

"Hey! What the hell!" he growled.

"You will get this back when we are done, Robert. For now, greet your betrothed and her Alpha," Elizabeth explained, her voice brokering no arguments. It was amazing that a girl who looked no older than ten years old could command such an authoritative presence. She sounded just like a mother scolding her child.

The redheaded vampire grumbled and crossed his arms over his chest, casting his gaze off to the side. "Whatever. I'm Robert. And that's Robert, not Rob or Bob. Got it?"

"Noted," Pendleton replied, his tone cordial but formal. "Genndy, you may speak freely from this point onward. Your Alpha allows it."

Genndy nodded. She stood with her arms hanging casually at her side and her baggy jean-clad legs set comfortably apart. Remembering something she read once, she grabbed the hem of her tank top and attempted a curtsy. This caused laughter from the vampires present who weren't Robert or Elizabeth, leading Genndy to immediately wonder if she did it wrong. "Pleased to meet you all. I am Genndy Bloodworth, omega to Pendleton Bloodworth and pack daughter of the Bloodworth pack. I will be in your hands for the following month. I promise not to cause too much trouble."

"Lovely. Thank you, Genndy. I see Sir Pendleton has raised you well," Elizabeth politely praised, nodding to Genndy in acknowledgement. "Tell me, who is the guest you wish to stay with you for your month-long stay?"

The omega nodded, turning to sweep her arm out and gesture to the young man standing on the opposite side of her Alpha. "That will be my beta and pack brother, Hersch Bloodworth."

The young man bowed gracefully, sweeping his arms to one side. "A pleasure to meet you, m'lady Von Helson. I am Hersch Bloodworth. As my sister described, I am a beta to my Alpha and a pack brother to Genndy. I will be her guest with her during this month-long stay."

If not for his lighter skin tone and more relaxed hair, Hersch could've easily passed for Genndy's actual brother. Same black hair, same golden yellow eyes. He looked a bit older than her. Compared to Genndy's roughly eighteen to twenty appearance, Hersch looked to be in his early twenties at the least. He was dressed in loose leather pants and a matching leather jacket, worn over a plain white T-shirt, his feet clad in white sneakers. His hair was long and shaggy, bangs framing his handsome face.

"A pleasure to meet you, Sir Hersch," Elizabeth curtsied again. "How wonderful to see such a polite young man." She cast a glance at her human maid and butler in turn, flicking her head at the beta walking up carrying two suitcases. "Please take Miss Genndy and Sir Hersch's belongings to their rooms. It is getting late and we were actually about to sit down for dinner. To be honest, our servants were quite excited to prepare ordinary food for someone other than themselves."

The ginger chuckled. "Ah, simple pleasures for simple beings." This caused the corner of Elizabeth's mouth to almost imperceptibly twitch. It seemed the little matriarch was quite the actress.

"Of course. My pack and I must be going, though. Please, take care of my omega and beta. They are valued members of my pack, and I expect them to be treated right," Pendleton said, reaching his powerful arms back to stretch.

The vampire matriarch nodded. "Of course. You have my word that I shall treat your wards with no less care than I do my own. Please, do take care, Pendleton Bloodworth."

Her Alpha nodded, then proceeded to mount his horse. He and his betas rode off, while the human maid and butler had already went off with their bags, leaving Genndy and Hersch alone with Elizabeth, Robert, and the three other vampires.

Turning, Elizabeth began a leisurely walk into the courtyard, the ginger vampire and the one with the slicked-back hair moving to open the gate. Genndy followed after them, Hersch directly in tow. She gazed at the ground, feeling less secure without her Alpha present, but her beta and pack brother grabbed her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, filling her with a surge of confidence.

"Now, I have some rules while you're staying under my roof," Elizabeth said, sounding like a lecturing mother. "First, aside from the bathroom or your own rooms, you are to remain dressed. I know how you lycanthropes feel about modesty, but I'm sorry, it's just improper within this house to walk around in the buff."

Genndy opened her mouth and inhaled, when Hersch interrupted her. "I assure you, m'lady, we'll remain properly dressed. If we can't resist the urge to shift and run free in the woods, we'll undress outside, leave our clothes somewhere safe, then get dressed before we come back inside," he assured her.

"Very good. Second, please do not bring dead animals you have hunted into the house."

Now hold on, that just crossed a line! Genndy again opened her mouth, but... "Of course m'lady. We'll finish them outside if we must." Again, her pack brother interrupted her, and probably saved her skin. Seriously though, what did Elizabeth think they were, mangy mutts? They were proud lycans!

"And third, please do not shift inside the house. I know your beast forms are quite large and we have quite a lot of fine vases and portraits decorating the halls. I don't want you accidentally breaking anything," she said.

Okay, that one was actually pretty reasonable. It was much better to shift outside, anyway. "As you wish, m'lady," Hersch explained.

Genndy took a moment to gaze at the front yard of the manor. It seemed to be a full compound within the stone walls and wrought iron fences. It was a Victorian-style manor composed of three structures that she could see. The main manor was ahead of them, a cobblestone path leading from the front gate right to the front door, splitting around a functioning fountain. To the left was a smaller house that didn't look nearly as fancy, while to the right was what seemed to be a garage and stable. Considering how fast vampires ran, though, she doubted it had any cars in it, and the horses in the stable were likely just raised as a hobby. Vampires loved high-class activities like equestrianism. It made them feel like nobility despite their need to feast on blood and aversion to sunlight.

Speaking of, the sun was setting, so the sunlight wasn't that strong and shadows were long. While waiting, the vampires had been standing strategically within the shade of a large Douglas fir tree, but now that they were walking through the sunset light, Genndy noticed their steps were a bit unsteady. In fact, she could distinctly smell sweat off them. Were they trying to walk through the sunlight to appear strong and dignified? How utterly fake of them. Unlike most of the rest of her pack, Genndy had no problem with vampires. She just wished most of them didn't try to put up airs of nobility and were more honest with their true natures, like werewolves were. Werewolves cuddled for warmth, hunted raw meat, bathed in rivers, hugged things out. These vampires seemed so stiff and fake.

Though, she noted that Robert was openly grumbling, albeit quietly to himself. He pulled his hood closed, no doubt trying to block out more of the sun from hitting his pale skin, while his fingerless gloves likely offered a bit more meager sun protection. In fact, if she didn't know any better, she'd swear he was resisting the dehydrating effects of the sun through sheer indignation towards his matriarch.

"Robert, why are you not wearing the suit Maritess set out for you?" Elizabeth asked her ward.

"Tess didn't lay out any suit for me, little mommy," the young man replied, smirking.

The vampire matriarch sighed in response. "I believe I shall have to have a talk with Maritess... I swear, that girl spoils you."

"Who is Maritess?" Genndy asked, trying to sound neutral instead of curious.

Elizabeth Von Helson glanced over her shoulder at the werewolf behind her. "Oh, she's Robert's personal maid. Human, like all our servants."

"She's not my maid, she's my friend, little mommy," the teenage vampire grumbled.

"And she's quite talented. Trained as a werewolf hunter from such a young age! That girl can go toe-to-toe with any lycanthrope, beast form or no. We feel so secure having her around," the balding vampire said, wiping his brow with a handkerchief.

Genndy halted in place. "What? Werewolf hunter?" She asked, baring her fangs at the mere mention of this.

The vampires in front of her stopped. She'd swear the balding one swallowed hard. "Oops... I shouldn't have said that."

Elizabeth turned to face Genndy, sighing and crossing her arms. "I was hoping you wouldn't find this out until you'd gotten to know the girl... Yes, I apologize, Miss Gendy, Sir Hersch. Maritess was trained as a werewolf hunter from a young age. But this was a different time. In fact, we weren't the ones who trained her. She comes from a long line of werewolf hunters, to the point it's encoded in her genetics to not even view werewolves as a threat. A werewolf could bare down on her in full beast form, fangs bared and hackles raised, and she wouldn't even flinch if she wanted to. We actually rescued her from the clan of hunters who raised her."

"You mean you purchased her services. I know how werewolf hunting clans work," Genndy growled.

Elizabeth sighed. "No. We adopted her. We rescued her from that life. We never intended to use her skills unless we were directly attacked at our home, I promise you this."

Hersch grabbed Genndy's hand again, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Relax, sister. I believe m'lady Von Helson. Maritess won't hurt you. I'll make sure of it."

Feeling her beta and pack brother's grasp, the omega sighed. "Fine."

The vampire clan matriarch sighed in relief and the other vampires present save Robert mimicked it. They turned and began walking again without another word. Likely to change the subject, Elizabeth gestured at the smaller structure to the left of the manor.

"That is our servants' quarters. Vampires of the clan sleep in the manor, while our servants sleep separately." She gestured to the garage and stable to the right. "We raise horses for leisurely activity, but the garage is used for little more than storage at present."

"Will my brother and I be sleeping in the servants' quarters or the manor?" Genndy asked, some resentment slipping into her tone.

Elizabeth and the other vampires ignored it, while Hersch squeezed her hand to try and calm her. "You and your brother will have your own private rooms right next to the rooms of Robert and Maritess. Second floor, west wing, end of the hall. All four of you will have to share two bathrooms at the end of the hall as well, but I hope you shall work it out between yourselves."

No one said anything in response to this, though Genndy wasn't sure how she'd react to meeting this Maritess. A werewolf hunter... What would she be like?

-o-

The inside of the manor was just as fancy as the outside. The foyer was intricately tiled with red carpet leading to double doors beneath a second floor balcony. A staircase on either side of the balcony led up to this second level. The foyer's walls were wooden panelling on the lower half and wallpaper on the upper half, consisting of white with red vine patterns. A chandelier hung from the ceiling above and Genndy had to admit it was the fanciest house she had ever seen.

Elizabeth Von Helson led everyone through the double doors on the first floor. The hallways were green-carpeted with walls covered in beige wallpaper depicting rose vines. The walls were decorated with built-in tables at uniform distances from each other, flowered vases and lamps sitting atop them. Various paintings and portraits also hung from the walls, depicting people Genndy couldn't hope to recognize, but judging from their red eyes, they were all vampires.

To the right and around the corner, they entered a single wooden door to their left, leading to a grand dining hall with several people all sitting around it. They were all vampires, Genndy could tell from the smell, and they all seemed to be waiting patiently.

Elizabeth took her seat at the head of the table, while the three vampires who'd accompanied her all took seats near her end. Robert took a seat much further down, near the opposite end from the clan's matriarch. He sat next to a black man with a short, rugged black beard and tightly cropped black hair, wearing a white dress shirt, gray slacks, and a white lab coat. Seemed the only seats left were next to Robert so, knowing what her beta would want, the omega took a seat next to her betrothed, with Hersch on her other side.

Elizabeth Von Helson clinked her fork against her empty wine glass, standing up in her chair to be better seen. "Attention, everyone! As you have all been informed, we will be having two guests staying with us for the coming month. Meet young Robert's new fiance Genndy and her special guest Hersch. They are werewolves of the Bloodworth pack and this marriage shall foster peace and prosperity between our tribes. Please, treat them like any honored guest."

The ginger from before giggled primly, her head raised high. "It's just a shame two lycanthropes can't properly enjoy the blood stew that our head chef Eloise makes. I don't know how she does it, making bits of dried blood float in liquid blood, but that's what makes it a stew instead of a soup. Ah, but that's something a pack dweller like you both just wouldn't understand. The fine differences in cuisine for us vampires."

The balding man from earlier was sitting next to her, and he wiped his bare brow with his handkerchief as he spoke. "I must apologize for Miss Riley. She was previously one of our servants and only recently gained the privilege of being offered the chance to ascend to our noble ranks. She's let it go to her head a bit."

The evidently Irish girl turned and glared at what Genndy assumed to be her clear superior. "No one asked you, Reginald! Why, I have half a mind to-"

"Silence!"

The voice of their matriarch shook them and Riley clammed up obediently. Genndy couldn't help wondering just how old Elizabeth Von Helson was to command such authority...

"Hm... If I might ask a question to m'lady?" Herch spoke up, breaking what could've been an awkward silence.

"Of course, Sir Hersch. What is it?" Elizabeth asked, a pleasant smile on her child-like face.

"As you know, we lycanthropes have very keen noses. Do I smell silver on the premises?"

Elizabeth exchanged nervous glances with her fellow vampires. "Oh... You can smell that, can you? Yes, I apologize. We don't like having silver on the premises either. It's nowhere near as dangerous to us as it is to you, but caution is never a bad thing. It's just, when we rescued Maritess from her family, she brought with her quite a few weapons of theirs, including silver-lined daggers and silver bullets. We asked that she get rid of them, but as they were heirlooms, she couldn't bare to part with them. As a compromise, we had her bury them in the courtyard under a flower patch. I must say, it's impressive that you can smell it from here."

Genndy watched her pack brother as he closed his eyes and nodded, a solemn expression on his face. "Ah, I see. Well, so long as it stays buried, I won't mind. Will you, sister?" He turned to her, smiling warmly.

"Uh... N-No, I won't mind. Of course not, brother," Genndy said, instinctively eager to please her beta.

The swinging door opposite the entrance to the dining hall opened and in walked a team of people dressed as butlers and maids. She could smell them... they were all human, and the bowls and bottles of blood they brought were their own, though plenty of the blood was not from them, likely from servants elsewhere on the grounds. The vampires all lit up at seeing the liquid sustenance, and Genndy noted many of them, composed and smug before, were nearly shaking with anticipation.

Bottles of blood were poured into wine glasses and bowls of blood were set before each vampire. However, for Genndy and her beta, they were giving was smelled and looked like roast duck. A stocky woman in a chef's uniform had placed them there, then proceeded to pat the omega on the back.

"Merci for giving me someone besides ze servants to cook actual food for, mon amie!" she said in a clear French accent, a big grin on her face. Ah, this must be the head chef, Eloise.

"Ah... Lovely. Thank you very much, miss. Though... you are prepared to give us raw meat as well, yes?" Hersch asked, smiling up at the blonde, blue-eyed chef in a pleasant manner.

Eloise quirked an elegant brow. "Excusez-moi? Raw?"

"Yes. I'm afraid that, as lycanthropes, my sister and I need to eat at least a single serving of raw meat each day, or we may end up giving into our lycan bloodlust," he stated, his tone apologetic.

This seemed to genuinely distress Eloise. "Zut alors! I can only feed you raw meat from now on? Not even spiced?"

Genndy watched her beta carefully as he chuckled and brought his hands up in placating gestures. "Oh, no, no. We just need a single serving of raw meat per day, that's it. While we can survive purely on raw meat, so long as we get that single serving of raw meat, any kind of meat, we can eat anything we want for the rest of the day."

The stocky chef sighed. Genndy noted she was surprisingly young, probably in her late twenties. "Ouf! Zat is a relief." She reached over and tapped Hersch on the nose with her index finger. "Wait right there, ma cherie! I will return with some completely raw chicken for you!"

Genndy sighed. She wished she had her pack brother's charisma and silver tongue... For now though, she was content to let him do the talking.

The omega picked at her duck with her bare hands and chanced a glance at the rest of the table. Hersch was politely eating with a fork and knife, but the vampires at the table were just... frenzying. They were absolutely devouring their blood meals, any pretense of high society or proper table manners gone as they slurped and gulped and scooped the blood with their bare hands. Spoons went unused and bowls were lifted to guzzle it down. It just proved her theory, in fact. Vampires were dishonest about their true nature. All this etiquette and nobility gimmicks, yet they lost all their inhibitions at the sight of some fresh blood.

She glanced at Robert though and saw that he seemed to be different. Intriguingly so, in fact. Just like Genndy was with her duck, he was picking at his bowl of blood. He stirred it with his spoon, stared at it with a grimace on his face, and only rarely did he take a sip. It was odd that he was the only vampire at the table not going into a frenzy at the sight of all this fresh blood. What was his secret? Iron willpower? Or was he just less honest than the other vampires of the Von Helson family?

-o-

Dinner was complete and the vampires of the Von Helson family all turned to leave the table. Genndy was curious what she was to do next, but luckily, her beta was a step ahead.

"I must say, that was a lovely dinner, m'lady Von Helson. What are the plans for the night?" Hersch asked, smiling down the table at the clan matriarch.

"Hm?" Elizabeth turned to him, dabbing at her cheeks with a napkin. "Oh! Robert can show you to your personal wing. Maritess should be there to greet you. I imagine she's drawn you both a bath and laid out some sleeping clothes for you already. As you will be spending so much time with Robert and Maritess is his personal maid, she will also be your personal maid as well during your stay. If you need anything, anything at all, please ask Maritess. She will do her best to serve you."

Genndy couldn't help wondering if part of this maid assignment was because Maritess would instinctively view her beta and her without the slightest hint of fear. But like the smooth talker he was, Hersch merely nodded politely to the matriarch. "You're too kind, m'lady Von Helson. I assure you, we'll treat Maritess right." He turned to Robert, who had only half-finished his bowl and glass of blood and was looking at it like he'd rather do anything than drink the rest. "Shall we go, Robert? I'm feeling rather tired after the trip and could use a bath."

Robert turned to cast Hersch a glare, scoffing and rising from his seat. "Yeah, fine. Follow me." Genndy felt the urge to growl at him for treating her beta with disrespect, but had to remind herself that Robert didn't have her pack instincts.

The redheaded vampire led them out the door and to the right, down the hall. Lots of doors, wall-tables, vases, lamps, and paintings were passed as they turned another corner to the right and through another door, then up a staircase. Another door following, then straight down a hallway. At the end of the hall was a girl waiting for them, dressed in a maid uniform.

She looked to be a natural blonde, her wavy hair tied up in a high, perky ponytail, accented with a white maid headband. Below were the prettiest, bluest eyes Genndy had ever seen. Her skin was a healthy peach complexion, her cheekbones high, nose button-cute, lips kissable and pillowy, eyelashes long, her face pretty and almost elfish. Her neck was swan like, leading down to an open bust that was surprisingly low cut, showing the peachy skin of her adorably meager chest. The apron did little to hide her slight figure, covering a black dress with puffy short sleeves, frilly white trim, and white stockings ending in black Mary Janes.

Genndy could tell this girl was a trained warrior. Her figure was trim and toned, not an ounce of fat on her. She looked slender at a glance, but every movement she made was intentional without a shred of energy wasted, and every clench showed her thin limbs were just packed with dense, wiry muscles. Genndy also couldn't help but note that the girl's uniform was different from the ones the other maids had worn, as theirs had closed busts and their skirts were to their ankles with long sleeves. In startling contrast, this girl's skirt was dangerously short, not even covering her knees. She was all puff, all frill, all cheer and smiles as she waited patiently at the end of the hall. Blonde, peachy-skinned, pretty, slender. She was everything Genndy wasn't, about the only thing they had in common being how toned their bodies were.

"Welcome back, master!" She greeted, smiling with her big, deep blue eyes at the vampire leading the way. She bowed respectfully at him, her hands clasped demurely at her waist. "I take it these are our guests?"

Robert sighed. "For the last time, don't call me master, Tess. And yeah. These are the guys who are staying for a month. Don't get too attached to 'em."

Hersch stepped forward, gently grasping Maritess's hand and kissing it. "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Maritess. I am Hersch, Genndy's beta and pack brother, here as her chosen guest. I hope to get along well with you and everyone here."

The bubbly maid tensed for a moment, likely her combat training triggering at a werewolf touching her, but she recovered remarkably fast and even giggled, her hand covering her mouth politely as she did so. "My, aren't you a charmer! I wish all men were as gentlemanly as you! And you..." She turned to Genndy, who stiffened at the bright, starry look in her eyes. "You must be Genndy!" She pounced, grasping both of the omega's hands in her own.

Genndy had to note how short the girl was... She couldn't be any taller than five foot two. Compared to Genndy's five foot six, Hersch's five foot nine, and Robert who had to be easily clocking in at six feet, she was just tiny. Still, she didn't seem to pay it any mind, the cheerful maid smiling up at the werewolf girl with no judgment or fear.

"Oh, it's so wonderful to finally meet you! My master's very own fiance! I look forward to serving you while you stay here, and hopefully longer after the marriage! Why, I might as well call you mistress already! Would that be okay, mistress? Oh, silly me, I'm doing it already!" She set into a giggling fit.

Admittedly, the girl's energy was a bit much for Genndy, but... Well, for a werewolf hunter, she certainly wasn't expecting this little energizer bunny. It was actually kind of nice to receive such a warm welcome from a human. "Uh... It's nice to meet you too, Maritess."

The maid pouted, shaking her head and wagging her finger up at Genndy. "No, no, no! That won't do! Please, call me Tess! Maritess is such an old-fashioned name... I don't know what my parents were thinking, but I guess they were old-fashioned themselves. Tess is so much cuter!"

Tess? No, that wouldn't do. Uhhh... Mari. Yeah, she'd call her that.

"Tess, I'll be in my room. Just knock when the bath is ready. Hershey's can go first."

Genndy huffed a little, knowing that calling her pack brother the wrong name had to be on purpose, but Hersch, ever graceful under fire, simply ignored it. He turned to Maritess, who whirled gracefully on her heel to face her guest.

"I take it one of these bathrooms shall be me and Robert's, and one shall be yours and my sister's?" he asked.

Tess jumped, throwing her arms up as if in cheer. "Ding ding ding! That's right! Boys on the right, girls on the left!" She chirped. Genndy grimaced a little. Wow, this girl's enthusiasm could power cities.

"Lovely. Thank you, Miss Tess. I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to enjoy a nice bath before I retire to my room. I presume sleeping clothes and a towel have been provided for me?"

Tess nodded, beaming a smile that Genndy swore made its own light. "You betcha! I still have to grab Genndy's, but if she just heads in and waits for me, I'll be right back, quick like a bunny! I had just been waiting for the towel and PJs to warm up on the radiator!"

Her beta chuckled in a dignified manner. "My, how considerate of you, Miss Tess. Now, if you'll excuse me, the bath is calling me. If I should need help operating it, may I count on you to show me how the nozzles work?"

The perky maid nodded. "Yuppers! Just gimme a call, I'll be right in!"

"Ah, thanks ever so much, Miss Tess." He leaned down to kiss her hand again. "I shall enjoy my time here ever so more thanks to your aid and care."

Tess blushed, clasping her cheek bashfully. "Oh, such a charmer! I'm sure you'll get along great with my Robby!"

In response to this, a groan sounded from a nearby door, then it slammed shut, Robert no doubt retreating into his room. Wanting to get away from this exchange herself, Genndy headed into the bathroom on the left, closing the door and sighing. It was nice to get away from the noise, but she was a being of pack mentality, so in reality, she hated being alone.

Figuring she should get started on that bath, the werewolf pulled her tank top up over her head and, not knowing where else to put it, tossed in on the sink counter. Genndy grimaced at her bust, large for a girl with her athletic frame.

Well, athletic, yeah, but... She didn't seem to have abs. Her stomach was flat and smooth and she didn't have all that thin a waist. But her hips made up for it by being surprisingly wide. As she slid her pants down her hands glided over her legs. Hmmm... They needed a shave. Werewolves generally didn't care much about body hair, but if she was going to be living among vampires, it wouldn't do to stand out too much when she was already a werewolf.

Finally, kicking off her boots, Genndy looked down at herself. It felt good, being bare. For a werewolf, the less you wore, the less you had to worry about losing if you suddenly had to shift to your huge, quadrupedal beast form. Still, in human form, werewolves came in all shapes and sizes. Genndy was a bit on the short side at five foot six, her form was toned but not slender. Her skin was such a dark chocolate, her eyes the usual lycanthrope yellow, and her raven hair was a natural mop top of tight, frizzy curls. Still, like most lycanthropes, she was happy with her body, even if she wasn't as obviously muscular as most female lycans.

A knock on the door. Genndy turned and pulled it open, seeing Tess outside. The girl did a double-take at seeing the omega standing there without a stitch on, but recovered remarkably well, returning to her glowing smile.

"Hi there, Genndy! I brought your towel!" She held out the white, fluffy garment. Genndy gingerly took it, finding it was very warm. But... something was off.

"You said pajamas were prepared for me, Mari?" the werewolf asked.

The chipper maid nodded. "Yup-yup! Well, okay, sort of, not really. Seems we, uh..." Her eyes dipped, gazing down at the omega's chest. "We kinda underestimated the bustline," she said, her voice quieter. Did she just glance down at her own petite chest?

"Oh... that's alright. I'm used to sleeping naked anyway, Mari," Genndy explained, shrugging.

"Uh... right... right," Maritess mumbled. Where was her usual exuberance? Her smile looked tight, maybe even forced.

"Mari? Are you all right?"

Her smile returned in full. "No, I'm fine! Really. Enjoy your bath." She turned and walked away, but with Genndy's sensitive hearing, she heard her mumble "And maybe get a sturdier bra..."

Sighing, the werewolf closed the door and placed her towel on the counter. She slipped into the hot, bubbly bath and instantly she felt muscles soothed that she didn't know were aching. She couldn't remember the last time she'd had a hot bath! Her pack always bathed in the river.

Well, it was an emotional roller coaster of a day. She met her fiance, met a cheerful maid, met a perpetual child vampire matriarch, and watched an entire clan of vampires frenzy on blood. She had one month in this mansion before she returned to her pack with her fiance in tow, and then another month until the wedding. She wasn't sure how to feel about the standoffish teenage vampire, and she really wasn't happy about this arranged marriage, but it was to prove peace between their clans was possible and a direct arrangement from her Alpha, so surely marrying him wouldn't be too bad, right? Right?

Blowing at a bubble with her head just above water level, Genndy sighed, gazing up at the white ceiling. First day complete... Tomorrow, day two.

Krazyfan1 likes this.
  3. Krazyfan1

Krazyfan1 Versed in the lewd.

Nice!

not sure if i asked this before, but do vampires Breath in this universe? or get waterlogged?

if the answer to those are No...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    but picture it....underwater entrances and secret tunnels....
    yeah Vampires would probably be more arboreal from what i remember you saying, but they can probably be both...

4. Cyberweasel89

Yes, vampires need to breathe in this 'verse. XD

Krazyfan1 likes this.
  5. Krazyfan1

Ah, got it...

So, definitely more arboreal then?

6. Cyberweasel89

Uh... No? They don't live in trees?

Krazyfan1 likes this.
  7. Krazyfan1

Well, not IN trees, but more like, jumping from branch to branch to get around quickly and unseen..

8. Cyberweasel89

Yeah, they can do that, but... I don't see what that has to do with them needing to breathe.

9. Krazyfan1

Ah nothing..
    it had something to do with how agile and floaty you said they were..