1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Faraway-R

Faraway-R Getting sticky.

So what about the excuse for a party?

Let's see, they specified something relatively innocent, and given their work - not work-related.

Excuse - Victoria's resurrection party. This is kinda one of the best options around - it's family, it's innocent, and it's only very remotely related to work.

Other options I've thought about don't cut it.

"No more Teeth around" and "No more Butcher around" both hit into issues that neither was accomplished without problems, aka cloning or emotional turmoil.

...And that's about all the reasons that come into mind when "Pantheon is looking for an excuse to throw a party" is the topic.

Any other options?

2. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Jossed. Amelia turned Sarah infertile when she was 13. It was just as awkward as you'd think it be.
    ...it makes me sad when no one reads my posts. Emma specifically said...let me find it...
    Quote is from the chapter after Emma finishes explaining how she bought her powers and Amelia tries to fix her cheekbone after Taylor punched her in the face.
    Now, as per my earlier post, TanaNari could be fucking with us, or he could be wanting us to think he's fucking with us. Either seems likely for him.

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Disciple of Zor

...didn't Amelia reassure Taylor that Sarah had her use her biokinesis to render her infertile years ago?

4. The Shadowmind

The Shadowmind Well worn.

You got imped by Slayer Anderson.

So somehow being pregnant seems to of been ruled out, any other suggestions? Unless Yum Kaax got Rapture pregnant.

Snake/Eater likes this.
  5. Divabot

Divabot KILL ALL THE HUMANS

Has Lisa still got a trademark vulpine grin after the second trigger? Or only when she remembers?

6. Slayer Anderson

Her grin has evolved from a Vulpine to a Ninetailed.

Her smug stat has increased dramatically, but she's gained a weakness to special squick attacks.

As a result, her Provoke attack can prod even Legendaries into attacking and-

-yes, they're all Pokemon references. Don't judge me!:oops:

7. Divabot

Divabot KILL ALL THE HUMANS

The impression I got of Lisa was that her personality had gone pessimistic. "Oh God Oh God Oh God I can see forever. Fuck."

8. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

"Oh fuck, why did I say fuck? Now I can't stop thinking about fucking! Fuck! Oh god I made it worse! Noooooooo!"

"Lisa, why are you flopping around on the floor?" Crystal piped up, having walked in on something weird.

"No, stay away Crystal!"

"Why-"

"Noooo, now I can't stop thinking about you fucking! Why? Why doesn't anyone listen to me?"

"Whoa girl, I know you're lonely but I'm not really interested-"

"You monster you put it in my head!"

And then Lisa went into a perverted coma.

9. Gaomachine

Gaomachine Getting out there.

I'm guessing it's the 'Yay Victoria's back' party myself. It does seem to be the easiest thing that doesn't really touch on 'work'.

That or Emma's figured out when Riley's birthday is.

10. Flabbyknight

Flabbyknight Manic Moon

Typo:
    They can have a Master/Stanger party were they spend the whole time comparing notes on what is reality and what is fiction that will cheer up Zach!

11. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

that phrasing seems a little awkward.

didn't tananari say no changes would be happening? that seems like something that would have gotten him in trouble on SB anyway and the impression I got was that the intention was to toe the line

Snake/Eater, TanaNari and Divabot like this.
  12. Alterego9

Alterego9 Know what you're doing yet?

waive
    eaten by my Yggdrasil

Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  13. HorizonRunner

HorizonRunner Making the rounds.

How is it that even when Lisa is being an absolute bitch she still manages to be my favorite character? Does that make me a bad person, somehow?

Regardless, it's Long Overdue Lisa Therapy Time! Hooray!

14. Alterego9

Alterego9 Know what you're doing yet?

Because all she did in this chapter was first being socially clueless ( which is adorable), then pretty easily came around and admitted that she needs intervention.

When Taylor forgets that not everyone loves BEES!, of Riley does something squicky, or Zach makes crass remarks, or Missy tries to act tough, that behavior doesn't get called out on being a bitch in the first place, it's admittedly part of their charm.

Lisa is being more openly chewed on for her character flaws than others, but from a reader perspective she is on par with everyone else.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    WaningCrescent and HorizonRunner like this.
  15. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

So I wonder how they'll try to help Lisa. Just throwing a boyfriend at her is exactly the sort of manipulation she was trying to pull with Zach and Emma, which I'm surprised she didn't call them out on. Between her power handicap and her serious issues with getting close to people, I think she needs an honest, platonic friend rather than a project like Taylor was, or a yes-man. Both of those situations would just let her build up her misguided sense of super-competence. Someone who'll listen to her, support her when she's right and inform her when she's wrong, without being a dick about it either way. Plus being able to tolerate VULPINE GRIN all the time. And also not hit her squick buttons.

That's a long list of criteria, and there's probably more that I'm missing. Outside of a Thinker-blocker like Mantellum, I'm not sure anyone fits the bill.

16. GiftofLove

Well, until the end there you were more or less describing Zach.

Divabot likes this.
  17. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Are you perhaps talking about Dragon?

18. Alexandercctv

Alexandercctv Making the rounds.

Aint no party like a Pantheon Party cause a Pantheon Party don't stop!

19. taovkool

taovkool Versed in the lewd.

Biggest regret of the day. Also, I finally found where in all the darkest world Amelia has gone into! I can't believe I forgot that I owned an account in QQ, once upon a time. Last I remember, the thread was a lot...darker than this one.

20. Slayer Anderson

On the note of Dragon...

Have Pantheon considered dealing with Saint? After all, he might not be a *huge* problem, but since he has it out for Dragon, he might be a priority.

Granted, since Dragon is now Dragon-Empress of her own Dead Earth and a sovereign political figure by herself, who can give herself diplomatic immunity, Saint is significantly less of a problem, but...

tkioz, daimahou and Divabot like this.
  21. Helpless Kitten

Helpless Kitten A dumb asexual cat

Oh god, Dragon is pregnant!

On a more serious note, it's probably something simple like their claim on their planet being internationally confirmed.

Snake/Eater and Slayer Anderson like this.
  22. Alayne

Alayne The Reader

Do they even know about Saint? Dragon told them that she was under a Master effect that forced her to follow the law (which meant that if they got hit with an arrest/kill order/whatever then she would have to follow that) but isn't that all they know about Dragon's situation?

Faraway-R, TanaNari, daimahou and 3 others like this.
  23. dasstan

dasstan :)

I sort of wonder how far away Pantheon is from offering same sex couples the ability to have a biological child? In the artificial womb sort of way, not in the body horror sort of way.

24. GiftofLove

As soon as they think of it I guess?

25. Thunder Man Soul

Thunder Man Soul (Verified Prime)

google drive can do that, you can even set up the sharing for it to be public. And give out links to it for download.

It it might take a while but I'll parse through it and start separating the complete from non complete, along with other organizing.
    Might be best to PM me and we can get it figured out. Fairly sure Google drive is big enough.

Lisa needs to get laid, by a telepath. Or just find some one she enjoys getting information about. Every one else can still squick the fuck out of her, but she's fine with that one guy.

Bonus points if he's a decent person.

26. Cambrian

Cambrian The Pimperor - Inspirational as Fuck

Doesn't seem like the sort of thing they would or should be focusing on. Given the whole saving the world thing they're working on at the moment, it's kind of a stretch to have them opening up a clinic on the side. And once they save the world, they might not be wanting to really work anymore... they'll definitely have earned a vacation on some tropical beach for at least a period of several years.

27. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

Lisa's 2nd & 3rd trigger is causing an evolution!
    Lisa's evolving to....

OK, was going to do a pokegirl reference, but don't feel like digging through hundreds of descriptions to find one that works for her, so use your imagination. ;-) (and yes, pokegirls requires FAR more being judged than pokemon does, lol)

On a side note...Amelia thinks she can artificially create second AND THIRD triggers, but has yet to try to do so...

Third triggers remove Taboo.

Contessa's ONLY Taboo is the entities themselves (and things that tread too close to them, such as Eidelon and the endbringers).

If Amelia induces a 3rd trigger on Contessa, no ifs, ands, or buts; Scion's dead. Unrestricted Contessa killed Eden with a butter knife for crying out loud.

28. dasstan

dasstan :)

They've got a biotinker that only sleeps when she wants to, and a synergy tinker that doesn't sleep at all. I'm sure they got bored and have side projects that they work on when they need to take a break from all the saving the world business.

29. Deltawaves1

Deltawaves1 Getting sticky.

Question, since Vicky was revived and the tech is proven, couldn't they revive the others glassed with crawler? Though I'm not sure if their were others since it was so long ago.

30. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

It'd be easier just to create a device that's "both of you, take off your pants, sit on those chairs with the tubes, and try not to complain about how cold it is... when the light turns green, the one on that chair will be pregnant."

They're parahumans. Their side projects are MORE CONFLICT!!!

Three others. Legalities are still a thing, y'know... Vicky's only been around for a week or so.